PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wilson

Stantons Angel
08-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Im not one for promoting violence in any way shape or form.
Is it only me that wants to smack this guy in the mouth?
The last two weeks ive been subjected to his attempts at sarcastic digs aimed at Hibs and their players.
To be quite polite about it, he just gets on my nerves! (thats me being polite)

Last week it was the inane voice when Hibs scored, that sound of disappointment he couldnt mask!
Then throwing it in that the attendance that day was the third sell out crowd at Tynecastle.
He must think he is amusing but i dont know how?
Id heard to from a jambo pal of mine he had taken to twitter after the games slating the Hibs support for fighting with police, stealing from a refreshment kiosk causing trouble outside the stadium banging on stationery buses? Yet i never noticed any of this from where i was sitting or being reported after the game?

Yesterday at half time he was announcing the former players who were taking penalties and advised that Mickey Weir was supposed to attend but had to pull out injured. if he didnt believe he was injured then he should have asked Mickey and not made assumptions over the microphone.

Im sorry if you all think this trivial but the guys a plonker and spoils my day out having to listen to him!!

GreenArmyyy!
08-02-2016, 10:59 AM
I get your point although as much as I think he is a knob he is also a really good announcer and I wish Hibs had their own version of him.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2016, 11:06 AM
And breathe! :greengrin

I'm sure you know this already, but that's exactly the reaction he wants.

He's there for to entertain and amuse his own support, not us, and there's nothing more entertaining or amusing than baiting your biggest rivals when they're in the "stadium.

The semi-final against St Johnstone was slightly different in that we (jointly with the other 3 semi-finalists) had hired the ground, so were entitled to expect a certain level of service, but the only thing he did of note was his little jibe about sell out crowds which is hardy crime of the century.

He's not the worst thing about derby games at the PBS by a long shot, and he's not the reason that I've given up going to them.

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 11:21 AM
nevertheless he is a knob, of the highest order

AndyM_1875
08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
The last two weeks ive been subjected to his attempts at sarcastic digs aimed at Hibs and their players.

Last week it was the inane voice when Hibs scored, that sound of disappointment he couldnt mask!
Then throwing it in that the attendance that day was the third sell out crowd at Tynecastle.
Id heard to from a jambo pal of mine he had taken to twitter after the games slating the Hibs support for fighting with police, stealing from a refreshment kiosk causing trouble outside the stadium banging on stationery buses? Yet i never noticed any of this from where i was sitting or being reported after the game?

Yesterday at half time he was announcing the former players who were taking penalties and advised that Mickey Weir was supposed to attend but had to pull out injured. if he didnt believe he was injured then he should have asked Mickey and not made assumptions over the microphone.

Im sorry if you all think this trivial but the guys a plonker and spoils my day out having to listen to him!!

Having looked at Scott Wilson's Twitter feed there was nothing on it about Hibs fans.
But I agree he's a wind up merchant. The thing is he could cause real problems with the likes of the Old Firm if he makes snide digs at them as those Rangers & Celtic types are not exactly known for being balanced or good humoured.

Libby Hibby
08-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Funnily enough he stopped tweeting after their 2nd goal

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 11:33 AM
can I just add, I have no intention of being accused of being balanced or good humoured, when it comes to the gorgie mob.

Mr White
08-02-2016, 11:46 AM
He sets himself up for a fall when things go wrong for them though. GIRUY scotty boy.

Springbank
08-02-2016, 11:47 AM

Post of the day :flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2016, 11:48 AM

I take it he runs the jambos twitter?

lucky
08-02-2016, 11:54 AM
He's a wind up merchant, I wish the Hibs stadium announcer was good as him. Jambos love him and everyone else thinks he's a dick.

Baader
08-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Wind up merchant who's best ignored. Imagine being subjected to him every other week!

MB62
08-02-2016, 12:10 PM
His comments don't bother me in the slightest, I just take it as a bit of banter. The biggest thing that will stick in his craw, and probably every Yams fans craw too, is, whilst they keep proclaiming about sell out crowds every week, the biggest crowd of the season at Tynecastle was our game against the Saints, whilst Sunday was their 2nd biggest crowd, meaning Hibs have their top two attendances of the season so far.

I remember him from away back when he was the announcer at Scottish Claymore games at Murrayfield and thought he was fine.

Golden Bear
08-02-2016, 12:40 PM
I get your point although as much as I think he is a knob he is also a really good announcer and I wish Hibs had their own version of him.

Unfortunately I can understand everything he says, including all the verbal diarrhea. I don't know if that's down to the quality of the sound system at piggery park or simply because he's a better announcer than the guy at ER.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm going to a wedding in June and this clown is the DJ for the evening :grr:

The bride and groom have told him they don't want it to become a football banter night but you just know he will slip some reference to the Jambos/Hibs in there especially as one of the Hertz players is also attending.

O'Rourke3
08-02-2016, 05:36 PM

The bride and groom have told him they don't want it to become a football banter night but you just know he will slip some reference to the Jambos/Hibs in there especially as one of the Hertz players is also attending.

If he's any good he will stick to the brief. He is being paid to be a professional, not the stadium announcer in Dounreay..... He'll be getting booked via an agency and he may be sought after but bad feedback is bad feedback .... My money is actually on he'd leave it alone. Remember there may be a Jambo in the audience but for all he knows the entire rest of the male guests are all ex Casuals. He'd be stupid to take the chance :greengrin

happiehibbie
08-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Scott is a good friend of mine. Scott is the best announcer in the country. He did not wind up anyone on the semi final day he played the proclaimers when we scored. SW is the most professional media guy I know. He loves his football he loves the banter with all teams. He hates know one I have had him at Hibs matches and takes all banter well. Our issue is that we don't have a decent announcer or a club that wants to wind people up we sacked the guy for playing the tax man. Chill out and learn to take the banter as well as dish it out. He is not a knob but a passionate supporter and as he said the best job in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happiehibbie
08-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Rubbish the money charges he will be a total professional.

happiehibbie
08-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Having looked at Scott Wilson's Twitter feed there was nothing on it about Hibs fans.
But I agree he's a wind up merchant. The thing is he could cause real problems with the likes of the Old Firm if he makes snide digs at them as those Rangers & Celtic types are not exactly known for being balanced or good humoured.

I was at a game where Scott ridiculed them because the booed kids think it was the night off the Lennon attack and again he had ago at his own support

Pete
08-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Do hearts fans get all wound up and storm out the pantomime when Grant Stott starts?

08-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Guy is a class A ****er but tbh his patter and his constant obsession with digging at hibs every time he opens his mouth is boring now so I don't bother getting annoyed at it. Bit cringey however that he talks about and digs at hibs over the mic at tynecastle even when we aren't playing them haha! Nice to know we are such a thorn in his side!

Everyone apart from hearts fans can see what a classless, hibs obsessed tit he is and thats good enough for me.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 05:58 PM
If he's any good he will stick to the brief. He is being paid to be a professional, not the stadium announcer in Dounreay..... He'll be getting booked via an agency and he may be sought after but bad feedback is bad feedback .... My money is actually on he'd leave it alone. Remember there may be a Jambo in the audience but for all he knows the entire rest of the male guests are all ex Casuals. He'd be stupid to take the chance :greengrin

:greengrin We'll see, he's actually doing it as favour as he was asked directly by the player who is a good friend of the groom.

MartinfaePorty
08-02-2016, 05:59 PM
I don't mind him, as grown to ignore his 'banter', but why get a Hearts mention ('another sell out crowd') at the end of the semi final of a national cup competition, when it was completely inappropriate. You need to have a lot of self-confidence to do his job, but he seems to always want to be the centre of attention.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
08-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Brilliant at what he does.I'm amazed so many Hibs supporters are at Tynecastle so often that they are annoyed every time he opens his mouth.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Rubbish the money charges he will be a total professional.

Calm down pal it's a bit of banter, guaranteed there will be reference slipped in, I'm not a hater it was light hearted.

bod
08-02-2016, 06:04 PM
And breathe! :greengrin

I'm sure you know this already, but that's exactly the reaction he wants.

He's there for to entertain and amuse his own support, not us, and there's nothing more entertaining or amusing than baiting your biggest rivals when they're in the "stadium.

The semi-final against St Johnstone was slightly different in that we (jointly with the other 3 semi-finalists) had hired the ground, so were entitled to expect a certain level of service, but the only thing he did of note was his little jibe about sell out crowds which is hardy crime of the century.

He's not the worst thing about derby games at the PBS by a long shot, and he's not the reason that I've given up going to them.

this
&

monktonharp

nevertheless he is a knob, of the highest order

Onion
08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
No problem with the guy, been doing this kind of thing for years. Used to annoy me, as did their rolling out their latest ageing "Hearts Hero", but now it's all rather sad and pathetic. Hearts have become a parody of themselves and utterly obsessed with Hibernian, which I find highly amusing. Life has little meaning for many of them beyond the Derby match.

The thing that does concern me is the friendly banter that has always been an enjoyable part of the rivalry has in recent years become a tad more sinister, especially for the lunatic fringe of their support. IMO both clubs need to keep an eye on that and make sure they don't overstep the mark. The lewd goal celebration by the Hearts player on Sunday is an example. That's not banter, it just just crass and unacceptable.

Folk like Levein and Neilson SHOULD be the voice of reason in the Yam camp and able to put the breaks on stuff like that, but sadly I sense they're also just another couple of Yams with chips on their shoulder when it comes to Hibs. Ann Budge strikes me as a much more sensible sort who would not be best pleased with that players gesture.

c31
08-02-2016, 06:07 PM
The Easter Road announcer screams down the mic like a X Factor signer and, the ****ty PA system means we don't even know what he says..but the knob at the PBS is just a fanny...,

happiehibbie
08-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Calm down pal it's a bit of banter, guaranteed there will be reference slipped in, I'm not a hater it was light hearted.

Am calm lol just of the phone to him re this thread.
For the record last Saturday he had 3 songs lined up 3rd being sunshine on leith police told him to kill the music

Also SFA gave him the play list

Also not easy reading about a good friend taking a tanking over nothing

Enjoy the wedding

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 06:23 PM
For the record last Saturday he had 3 songs lined up 3rd being sunshine on leith police told him to kill the music

Enjoy the wedding

Aye fair enough I get that, pretty sure he's thick skinned enough to deal with anything we throw at him on here though :greengrin

I will be nice to him at the wedding. :aok:

stantonsboots
08-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Scott is a good friend of mine. Scott is the best announcer in the country. He did not wind up anyone on the semi final day he played the proclaimers when we scored. SW is the most professional media guy I know. He loves his football he loves the banter with all teams. He hates know one I have had him at Hibs matches and takes all banter well. Our issue is that we don't have a decent announcer or a club that wants to wind people up we sacked the guy for playing the tax man. Chill out and learn to take the banter as well as dish it out. He is not a knob but a passionate supporter and as he said the best job in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkwhere was sunshine on Leith at the end?

Smartie
08-02-2016, 07:16 PM
I honestly can't remember him saying anything offensive over the past couple of weeks.

I'd prefer it if these guys were given even more free reign to take the piss to be perfectly honest. I know the guy who did the announcements at Tannadice and he's under strict instructions as to what he can and can't say and even the music he can play. It's all become too sanitised.

I quite like that Wilson can occasion give it tight to us. It's Tynecastle, it's their ground, it's derby day and he should be allowed to do it.

I remember they used to do a thing years ago at ER that they used to interview the mascots at about half 2 before games. I think there must have been a derby just before the '93 League Cup final because I remember the announcer asking the Hearts mascot if he was going to see Hibs in the cup final. Very Scott Wilson-esque and a lot more like it.

Changed days now, sacking the announcer for playing taxman was criminal.

We need to learn how to dish it out AND take it, not get offended at the slightest little thing and get all normal interaction banned.

Not likely to happen in a country where people can get so wound up about folk playing imaginary musical instruments.

BSEJVT
08-02-2016, 07:43 PM

Enjoy the wedding

Quite how anyone could have an absolute bell-end like Scott Wilson as an acquaintance, let alone a good mate escapes me, but each to their own.

The guy is the absolute epitome of the type of slavering jambo ***** that we have had to put up with for far too long.

And before you say he is fulfilling the brief given to him by his employers, I would say that I have far too much self respect to peddle that type of pish, regardless of what I might get paid to do so.

You presumably think his schoolboy antics over the last couple of decades are nothing more than harmless banter?

To an extent your are right, they are infantile pish, but no doubt he is lauded by the moronic half wits at the PBS

If that's the legacy he wants to leave from his "career" in "broadcasting" then there is no doubt he is in the proper place to have his ambitions met and embraced.

Ask him how he felt about getting stiffed by his beloved Hearts when the poppy thieves went bust owing all and sundry money.

Its bad enough prostituting himself to do the bidding of some of the lunatics that have ran that particular asylum, but to get stiffed for cash and then go back and brace himself again for another tonking shows me he doesn't have a great deal of integrity or self respect.

Super_JMcGinn
08-02-2016, 09:14 PM

In all honesty, who cares?

Hibby D
08-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Quite how anyone could have an absolute bell-end like Scott Wilson as an acquaintance, let alone a good mate escapes me, but each to their own.

The guy is the absolute epitome of the type of slavering jambo ***** that we have had to put up with for far too long.

And before you say he is fulfilling the brief given to him by his employers, I would say that I have far too much self respect to peddle that type of pish, regardless of what I might get paid to do so.

You presumably think his schoolboy antics over the last couple of decades are nothing more than harmless banter?

To an extent your are right, they are infantile pish, but no doubt he is lauded by the moronic half wits at the PBS

If that's the legacy he wants to leave from his "career" in "broadcasting" then there is no doubt he is in the proper place to have his ambitions met and embraced.

Ask him how he felt about getting stiffed by his beloved Hearts when the poppy thieves went bust owing all and sundry money.

Its bad enough prostituting himself to do the bidding of some of the lunatics that have ran that particular asylum, but to get stiffed for cash and then go back and brace himself again for another tonking shows me he doesn't have a great deal of integrity or self respect.

I like this post :aok:

I honestly can't remember him saying anything offensive over the past couple of weeks.

I'd prefer it if these guys were given even more free reign to take the piss to be perfectly honest. I know the guy who did the announcements at Tannadice and he's under strict instructions as to what he can and can't say and even the music he can play. It's all become too sanitised.

I quite like that Wilson can occasion give it tight to us. It's Tynecastle, it's their ground, it's derby day and he should be allowed to do it.

I remember they used to do a thing years ago at ER that they used to interview the mascots at about half 2 before games. I think there must have been a derby just before the '93 League Cup final because I remember the announcer asking the Hearts mascot if he was going to see Hibs in the cup final. Very Scott Wilson-esque and a lot more like it.

Changed days now, sacking the announcer for playing taxman was criminal.

We need to learn how to dish it out AND take it, not get offended at the slightest little thing and get all normal interaction banned.

Not likely to happen in a country where people can get so wound up about folk playing imaginary musical instruments.

But I like this post better :greengrin

sbell1875
08-02-2016, 09:50 PM
My favourite bit was at half time when he said to make some noise as it would be the only Edinburgh Derby this season.

F*d of the highest order.

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2016, 09:52 PM

Exactly.

08-02-2016, 09:56 PM
To be quite honest, everything about hearts reeks of small time. A club that has gotten itself so utterly obsessed with trying to convince everyone they are "the big team" that they have to have clowns like Wilson announcing over the microphone every game "Edinburgh's big team, 5-1, sell out crowd" etc etc etc.

The fact they are the only club in Scotland to label the Scottish cup "the big cup" etc. says it all. Constantly trying to convince themselves that they are some big mighty super power club when in fact they really really aren't. REAL big clubs get on with it and don't have to constantly shout BIG TEAM this and BIG TEAM that to be noticed, they let their results/trophies etc etc do the talking.

The only people they are tryna kid is themselves.

Shrekko
08-02-2016, 09:57 PM
He's good at his job it has to be said. Pity we don't have a Hibee equivalent, although I reckon Grant Stott could do similar.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 10:00 PM
To be quite honest, everything about hearts reeks of small time. A club that has gotten itself so utterly obsessed with trying to convince everyone they are "the big team" that they have to have clowns like Wilson announcing over the microphone every game "Edinburgh's big team, 5-1, sell out crowd" etc etc etc.

The fact they are the only club in Scotland to label the Scottish cup "the big cup" etc. says it all. Constantly trying to convince themselves that they are some big mighty super power club when in fact they really really aren't. REAL big clubs get on with it and don't have to constantly shout BIG TEAM this and BIG TEAM that to be noticed, they let their results/trophies etc etc do the talking.

Correct. I was wondering where the "you should've been dead" song came from? Shouldn't we be singing that to them?

Ryan69
08-02-2016, 10:01 PM

Enjoy the wedding

stop defending/or don't look at this thread then.....The guy is a class A Trumpet!

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 10:03 PM
stop defending/or don't look at this thread then.....The guy is a class A Trumpet!

I think the guy has the same right as you to voice his opinion and look at this thread, don't you?

FromTheCapital
08-02-2016, 10:03 PM
He does my tits in but he adds to the 'derby day' experience imo.
His "get right behind your favourites" quote always gets me pumped.
He's there to wind us up and who really cares? This is the reaction he wants.
Top announcer imo.

Hibs90
08-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Need I say more

08-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Need I say more

Hahahahahaha bitter much :faf:

Was absolutely spewing after the semi-final, hence why he couldn't hold in his sly wee dig at the end.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:28 PM

Use your contacts Scouse. Uncle Bobby would sort this h****s ****** out.

et_hibby
08-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Thought he did a decent job at the St Johnstone game.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:34 PM

Enjoy the wedding

:confused:

Don't read it then, a tanking FFS, he annoy's us, we don't like it, get over it.

WTF are you on.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:35 PM

Scott's mate.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Use your contacts Scouse. Uncle Bobby would sort this h****s ****** out.

:lips seal

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:46 PM
:lips seal

:cb :thumbsup:

MagicSwirlingShip
08-02-2016, 10:53 PM
I wonder if he is aware that the Hibs v St Johnstone Semi final had a bigger attendance than Sunday?

Do we now hold the attendance record for Tynie this season? Can anyone confirm?

That would be magic! Haha!

FromTheCapital
08-02-2016, 10:59 PM
I wonder if he is aware that the Hibs v St Johnstone Semi final had a bigger attendance than Sunday?

We do indeed :aok
16,900 at Hibs v St J
16,800 at derby

MagicSwirlingShip
08-02-2016, 11:02 PM
16,900 at Hibs v St J
16,800 at derby

What about their other big games this season?

Sorry CBA to check myself but it would be hilarious after Wilsons sell out jibes if we held their attendance record.

FromTheCapital
08-02-2016, 11:04 PM
What about their other big games this season?

Sorry CBA to check myself but it would be hilarious after Wilsons sell out jibes if we held their attendance record.

Due to segregation in the away end for other clubs, there wasn't as much of an attendance. We hold the record for their biggest crowd thus far.

jingler1954
08-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Aye fair enough I get that, pretty sure he's thick skinned enough to deal with anything we throw at him on here though :greengrin

I will be nice to him at the wedding. :aok:
Can I come? I'll bring a present.

Paisley Hibby
08-02-2016, 11:10 PM
16,900 at Hibs v St J
16,800 at derby

Also, unlike Hearts, we're unbeaten at Tynecastle this season

FromTheCapital
08-02-2016, 11:10 PM

Easy as that :aok

monktonharp
08-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Thought he did a decent job at the St Johnstone game.well, I'll need to think about that

Stantons Angel
09-02-2016, 12:28 AM

Eh? I do!

Steve-O
09-02-2016, 05:09 AM
He's a pure bawbag.

macd123
09-02-2016, 05:30 AM
He did a charity function for me last year and was absolutely brilliant. He does give it out but he took it as well.

Onceinawhile
09-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Thought he did a decent job at the St Johnstone game.

You mean apart from getting the timing of the substitutes out by >5 minutes? Fairly certain it was on purpose.

McD
09-02-2016, 10:06 AM
He's a goat. Panders to the lowest form of their support (not sure if there's a higher form lol).

Last week he sounded ridiculous trying to cram the word tynecastle is as much as possible when neither team play there regularly (thank goodness). 'Come on tynecastle make some noise', 'yet another sell out at tynecastle', etc etc. Funny how you never hear the announcer at Hampden saying 'come on Hampden make some noise'. Or any other ground. And somehow I suspect if it had been st Johnstone against Falkirk, or Dundee, there wouldn't have been any mention of tynecastle. He was doing it to try to noise up the Hibs fans. Very professional :rolleyes:

bod
09-02-2016, 10:18 AM

us & St Johnstone

H1b3rnian
09-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I take it he runs the jambos twitter?

I don't think he does actually. Albeit he is a bit of a knob jockey!!

SmashinGlass
09-02-2016, 05:52 PM

And will remain so :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
09-02-2016, 07:42 PM

Are you sure they are claiming to be the BIG TEAM? I heard 13,500 Jambos telling me they were a wee team on Sunday.

[emoji445] "Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle park
There's a WEE FITBA' TEAM that will aye make its mark." [emoji445]

Just point that out to them [emoji4]

emerald green
09-02-2016, 08:30 PM
The Hertz dingle should stick to selling carpets.