PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie Injured?

Hermit Crab
02-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Anybody know if Fyvie is badly injured? He got absolutely clattered by a Morton defender after the ball was out and was still receiving treatment at full time at the side of the pitch. Some fans say they heard a crack as he got hit but I have to admit I didn't hear anything.

kaimendhibs
02-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Looked nasty pal. Sure it was that Quitongo who nailed him

Hermit Crab
02-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Looked nasty pal. Sure it was that Quitongo who nailed him

Red card tackle. The ref was an utter joke.....

JimBHibees
Got to be said and I know it is in hindsight however why did we play this game this midweek rather than next week. Fontaine no doubt out and possibly Fraser not great.

hfc rd
It did look a sore one. Hope he's ok as he played well tonight.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Got to be said and I know it is in hindsight however why did we play this game this midweek rather than next week. Fontaine no doubt out and possibly Fraser not great.

We didn't know we were going to be playing hearts next Sunday though.

Borderhibbie76
02-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Because it was rearranges long before we drew Hertz in cup mate...had to be played sometime and if both r out...well we have a big enough squad to cope...part n parcel of football I'm afraid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

anon1875
02-02-2016, 10:16 PM
fyvie was good today, really hope he's not injured.

wookie70
02-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Because it was rearranges long before we drew Hertz in cup mate...had to be played sometime and if both r out...well we have a big enough squad to cope...part n parcel of football I'm afraid

We knew we were going to be playing a cup tie though, with a fair chance of it being against opposition better than we usually play.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Did the ref not think it was a foul? He appeared to book LS in the 1st half for a foul but still gave Hibs the throw so can only assume it was for the tackle after the ball had left the park.

The 'tackle' on Fyvie was an assault and at least a booking whether the ball was out the park or not.

Borderhibbie76
02-02-2016, 10:22 PM
We knew we were going to be playing a cup tie though, with a fair chance of it being against opposition better than we usually play.
So it's Hibs fault Fyvie gets assaulted off the pitch by a Morton player...come on ah?? Injuries happen we have a strong squad for this reason...had we not played tonight we would now be 11 pts behind the bigots...and even with games in hand that piles the pressure on us

3pm
02-02-2016, 10:22 PM
It was a certainty someone would get injured tonight.

oconnors_strip
02-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Fraser got a kick to the knee, I think he might be doubtful for Sunday but Hopefully treatment over the next few days will help for Sunday

Gmack7
02-02-2016, 10:32 PM

Is Fontaine definitely out?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Apparently says he'll be fit.

Walked past Hibs tv when they were interviewing Stubbs and said so.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Apparently says he'll be fit.

Walked past Hibs tv when they were interviewing Stubbs and said so.

Fyvie or Fontaine?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Fyvie or Fontaine?

Fyvie.

Borderhibbie76
02-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Fyvie.
Good news hope Fonts is fine too

monktonharp
02-02-2016, 10:59 PM
It was a certainty someone would get injured tonight.they say all part and parcel of fitb' but I have always thought it's always us that gets bad cluck. we need a bit on Sunday now. it's high time we had some, against this mob of assasins.
where's Craig Thompson when you need him most?

Peevemor
02-02-2016, 11:07 PM
they say all part and parcel of fitb' but I have always thought it's always us that gets bad cluck. we need a bit on Sunday now. it's high time we had some, against this mob of assasins.
where's Craig Thompson when you need him most?

Maybe we're just chicken? :dunno:

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Hopefully he's okay for Sun, typical right at the end as well. I'd be sticking KT in to replace him ahead of Bartley if he doesn't make it.
Hope Fonts makes it too, however very confident in Hanlon and McGreggor if he doesn't

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Fraser Fyvie was class tonight. Hope he's ok for Sunday.

matty_f
03-02-2016, 01:13 AM

:agree: would have been motm if McGeouch hadn't been so good. :greengrin

3pm
03-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Hope Fyvie is fit.

Onion
03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Hope Fyvie and Fonts make it :rolleyes:

Two things we've come to know about Derby matches.

Hibs 50/50's don't make it.
Yams injury list expands the week before a Hibs game, and miraculously disappears on the day.

JimBHibees
03-02-2016, 09:52 AM
We didn't know we were going to be playing hearts next Sunday though.

A very good chance we were going to get a tough tie though and we definitely knew we were playing the semi final last weekend so with next midweek available I would have thought that would have made more sense.

JimBHibees
03-02-2016, 09:58 AM
So it's Hibs fault Fyvie gets assaulted off the pitch by a Morton player...come on ah?? Injuries happen we have a strong squad for this reason...had we not played tonight we would now be 11 pts behind the bigots...and even with games in hand that piles the pressure on us

It is more the scheduling of the games though we knew we had the semi final and that there was a fair chance we would have a very tough tie this weekend so putting another game in between when we could have played next midweek IMO doesnt make too much sense.

JimBHibees
03-02-2016, 09:59 AM

If a hamstring then yes.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 10:02 AM
If a hamstring then yes.
According to EEN it's a slight thigh strain and will be fine for Sunday

Salt N Sauzee
03-02-2016, 10:04 AM

Stubbs quoted in the EEN saying he expects Fontaine to be fine for Sunday.

southfieldhibby
03-02-2016, 10:18 AM

:agree: would have been motm if McGeouch hadn't been so good. :greengrin

I must have been watching a different match, then.I thought he was poor, but so was pretty much everyone, except possibly Hanlon/McGregor/McGeogh.

Ozyhibby
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I must have been watching a different match, then.I thought he was poor, but so was pretty much everyone, except possibly Hanlon/McGregor/McGeogh.

I didn't think we played poorly last night at all. Just lacked a bit of zip in the final third. Missed Cummings.
Stokes and Keatings both lacked a bit of sharpness that can only come with games.
Mcgeogh was excellent.
I expect Cummings and Stokes to start the Derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southfieldhibby
03-02-2016, 10:36 AM
I didn't think we played poorly last night at all. Just lacked a bit of zip in the final third. Missed Cummings.
Stokes and Keatings both lacked a bit of sharpness that can only come with games.
Mcgeogh was excellent.
I expect Cummings and Stokes to start the Derby.

We were a few levels below where we were on Saturday I thought? McGinn was very subdued, Fyvies contribution went from OK to frustrating, Gunnarrsson was good defensively but his crossing was poor, Keatings was a passenger ( again), Lewis never hid but was showing signs of weariness.
Which is all fine, we won and that's all that mattered last night, but Stubbs pretty much said in a roundabout way we weren't great last night.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Sensing Keatings could be the new target judging by comments on here and the match thread last night....the guys confidence is obviously low partly due to the fact he has played most of the season out of position. ..let's get behind him and I'm sure a goal or will lift his confidence

Hermit Crab
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Sensing Keatings could be the new target judging by comments on here and the match thread last night....the guys confidence is obviously low partly due to the fact he has played most of the season out of position. ..let's get behind him and I'm sure a goal or will lift his confidence

He was poor again last night though, never got involved enough and never got in front of his man at all last night.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 10:47 AM
He was poor again last night though, never got involved enough and never got in front of his man at all last night.
I agree he has been poor but confident he will come good...last night is the first time he has been played as a striker from the start in months

Hermit Crab
03-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I agree he has been poor but confident he will come good...last night is the first time he has been played as a striker from the start in months

I hope so but I certainly would not be starting him on Sunday.

GreenLake
03-02-2016, 10:49 AM
There might be a bit more space for the midfielders with Stokes and Cummings playing.

SeanWilson
03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
We were a few levels below where we were on Saturday I thought? McGinn was very subdued, Fyvies contribution went from OK to frustrating, Gunnarrsson was good defensively but his crossing was poor, Keatings was a passenger ( again), Lewis never hid but was showing signs of weariness.
Which is all fine, we won and that's all that mattered last night, but Stubbs pretty much said in a roundabout way we weren't great last night.

It doesn't take a mastermind to realise these guys were playing Morton (no disrespect intended) and that the subdued nature will be right out the window come 12.30 Sunday in our local derby!

southfieldhibby
03-02-2016, 11:15 AM
It doesn't take a mastermind to realise these guys were playing Morton (no disrespect intended) and that the subdued nature will be right out the window come 12.30 Sunday in our local derby!

Well last night was more important than Sunday,which is a distraction.

GreenArmyyy!
03-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Spot on 👍

flash
03-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Aye what a nuisance it is.

SeanWilson
03-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Aye what a nuisance it is.

shhhhhhh! football isn't about local rivalry or exciting fixtures, which whet the apatite!:wink:

hibs0666
03-02-2016, 01:03 PM
shhhhhhh! football isn't about local rivalry or exciting fixtures, which whet the apatite!:wink:

Spot on - it's all about promotion. Nothing else matters, including the result of Sunday's game.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Wheisht with the target chat.

They are big boys and we are fans, if they play gash they can be criticised.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Wheisht with the target chat.

They are big boys and we are fans, if they play gash they can be criticised.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
Exactly. Fyvie was the 'target' when he was playing pish, now he's been playing better he's getting the praise he deserves. Keatings has been very poor for weeks now so he deserves the criticism.

Cant stand this 'scapegoat' and 'target' pish that suggests that fans just pick a player to criticise on a random basis.

Anyway, back on topic, I hope Fyvie is fit for Sunday. Didn't expect to say that a few weeks ago but he's been brilliant since coming back from suspension.

flash
03-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Spot on - it's all about promotion. Nothing else matters, including the result of Sunday's game.

Speak for yourself. If we win on Sunday it will give our promotion chances a massive boost.
If you are being sarcastic then ignore this post.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Exactly. Fyvie was the 'target' when he was playing pish, now he's been playing better he's getting the praise he deserves. Keatings has been very poor for weeks now so he deserves the criticism.

Cant stand this 'scapegoat' and 'target' pish that suggests that fans just pick a player to criticise on a random basis.

Anyway, back on topic, I hope Fyvie is fit for Sunday. Didn't expect to say that a few weeks ago but he's been brilliant since coming back from suspension.
I agree but some of the comments on the match day thread last night along the lines of "maybe levein was right to bin him" are IMO bang out of order. He is playing poorly and going through a rough spell...partly caused by being played mostly out of position this season. Just think some are far too quick to write players off...just look at the Gunnarsson thread

SeanWilson
03-02-2016, 03:13 PM

so you're telling me that beating that lot in their own asbestos ridden backyard in another cup derby; wont do anything for our promotion push??:confused:

J-C
03-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Apart from the pass to Stokes against St Mirren he's been bogging for weeks now and there was a good few people on here stating the fact. He didn't get a lot of game time with Hearts and maybe there's a reason for that, my Jambo day shift driver says it's one of the main reasons he wasn't given a contract, very inconsistent and better as an impact player from the bench.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Apart from the pass to Stokes against St Mirren he's been bogging for weeks now and there was a good few people on here stating the fact. He didn't get a lot of game time with Hearts and maybe there's a reason for that, my Jambo day shift driver says it's one of the main reasons he wasn't given a contract, very inconsistent and better as an impact player from the bench.

Keatings was still under contract at Hearts when he moved on. Decided to cancel his contract with them

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Keatings was still under contract at Hearts when he moved on. Decided to cancel his contract with them
Unfortunately Billy that truth gets in the way of the "Hearts binned him" rumours that people are now using to slate him as he is off form currently.

J-C
03-02-2016, 03:27 PM

Whatever, his Wiki says Hearts released him from his contract, they still didn't see him as part of their squad, we took up the option on him and at times he can be a very good player with an eye for goal but he has been very poor this past 4-5 weeks, that cannot be denied.

Smartie
03-02-2016, 03:33 PM

Sunday WAS a distraction - it could have distracted us from what we needed to do last night and on Saturday.

But having got them out of the way with 2 good wins EVERYTHING is about Sunday.

The next game is always the most important one.

Even more so if it just happens to be a derby at Tynecastle in the cup.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Whatever, his Wiki says Hearts released him from his contract, they still didn't see him as part of their squad, we took up the option on him and at times he can be a very good player with an eye for goal but he has been very poor this past 4-5 weeks, that cannot be denied.

Not been at his best I agree, but how many games has he played this season in his best position. Played a great ball for Stokes in his 1st game against St Mirren 10 days ago, are you forgetting this!

J-C
03-02-2016, 03:45 PM

Not been at his best I agree, but how many games has he played this season in his best position. Played a great ball for Stokes in his 1st game against St Mirren 10 days ago, are you forgetting this!

Obviously I didn't forget it :greengrin

I'm not saying Keatings is a bad player and in fact I did say he can be very good but he's inconsistent which can be a pronlem when your trying to win a league, maybe he's better coming off the bench.

FromTheCapital
03-02-2016, 03:49 PM
I think he'll be alright judging by Twitter today. Tackle was a shocker. Fyvie was excellent last night, man of the match imo.

scoopyboy
03-02-2016, 08:45 PM
I think he'll be alright judging by Twitter today. Tackle was a shocker. Fyvie was excellent last night, man of the match imo.

What did twitter say?

I'm hearing he's got a dull one.

Alfred E Newman
03-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately Billy that truth gets in the way of the "Hearts binned him" rumours that people are now using to slate him as he is off form currently.

Every Hearts supporter that I talk to were disappointed to see him leave.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
What did twitter say?

Oh really out for bit Scoops??

FromTheCapital
03-02-2016, 10:23 PM
What did twitter say?

Cliff Pike tweeted something about it mate.

Watched Stubbsy's interview as well when Fyvie walked past and said "don't worry, I'll play on Sunday."

Whether that was just a laugh or not, I'm unsure bud.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2016, 10:50 PM
What did twitter say?

What's a dull one

Danderhall Hibs
03-02-2016, 11:07 PM
What's a dull one

A sore one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dull+yin

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 08:00 AM
If Fyvie out I would have no qualms in putting KT straight in for the derby.

SeanWilson
04-02-2016, 08:34 AM

Guaranteed red.

cmcd
04-02-2016, 09:10 AM

Silly me for thinking this was a thread about FFs injury

Hermit Crab
04-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Nowhere near fit though. I'd put Bartley in for a bit of gig.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Guaranteed red.

Dont think so. Quality to stroll the game and also will realise how important it is. Never had a red in a derby before.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Nowhere near fit though. I'd put Bartley in for a bit of gig.

Still to be convinced re Bartley. Thomson offers much more quality and will have the confidence to run the game. Been on the bench recently and apparently has trained every day since he has been back so cant imagine he would be that short.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Still to be convinced re Bartley. Thomson offers much more quality and will have the confidence to run the game. Been on the bench recently and apparently has trained every day since he has been back so cant imagine he would be that short.

Fair enough, I do think it would be a risk though.

jdships
04-02-2016, 10:37 AM

My thoughts exactly !!:agree:
As a sub in last ten/fifteen minutes is his spot methinks

J-C
04-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Silly me for thinking this was a thread about FFs injury

And silly you for thinking any thread on .net would stay on the subject matter and not divert in any way :rolleyes:.

Maybe have a go at Borderhibbie76 who mentioned Keatings in the 1st place.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Agree and would be sure Stubbs would make the right call hopefully Fyvie is fit though.

J-C
04-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Agree and would be sure Stubbs would make the right call hopefully Fyvie is fit though.

If Fyvie is fit he'll start as he's been playing well the last 3-4 games, Thomson was on the bench against Morton and will probably be again on Sunday, having an experienced player like him on the bench could be important.

JimBHibees
04-02-2016, 11:02 AM
If Fyvie is fit he'll start as he's been playing well the last 3-4 games, Thomson was on the bench against Morton and will probably be again on Sunday, having an experienced player like him on the bench could be important.

My initial point was that I would prefer if Fyvie was injured that Thomson start in preference to Bartley. If Fyvie is fit he starts.

J-C
04-02-2016, 11:07 AM
My initial point was that I would prefer if Fyvie was injured that Thomson start in preference to Bartley. If Fyvie is fit he starts.

I get you, depends if Thomson is up to speed or not but I'll trust AS as he sees all the players but I could see why he would go with Bartley instead of Thomson if Fyvie is struggling, good headache to have as all three players are decent and could do a job for us.

Carheenlea
04-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Kevin Thomson has played twice against Hearts this season, so if fit, he wouldn`t be a bad guy at all to have in there.
The game in August finished 2-1 to Hearts, with Thomson picking up a yellow. Craig Thomson was the referee so not a surprise, but he did book a total of 9 players that afternoon (5 Dundee and 4 Hearts). Card happy alright. The second game in November was a 1-1 draw.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Kevin Thomson has played twice against Hearts this season, so if fit, he wouldn`t be a bad guy at all to have in there.
The game in August finished 2-1 to Hearts, with Thomson picking up a yellow. Craig Thomson was the referee so not a surprise, but he did book a total of 9 players that afternoon (5 Dundee and 4 Hearts). Card happy alright. The second game in November was a 1-1 draw.

He also gave them a ridiculous penalty. Also no surprise [emoji35]

jakeshibs
05-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Is there any update on both injuries, as want a settled side against them?

I hope they are both fit and able to play..

Big_Franck
05-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Just said on stv news that Fyvie is out for a month with a knee injury. They hope Fontaine will be fit though.

Gmack7
05-02-2016, 06:22 PM
On stv that he's out for a month, ouch

Hibernia&Alba
05-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Just said on stv news that Fyvie is out for a month with a knee injury. They hope Fontaine will be fit though.

That's a shame, but we'll manage. We have a good squad now.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2016, 06:25 PM
i take it this is due to the challenge by the morton player on tuesday...that the referee/linesman didn't see :rolleyes:

Libby Hibby
05-02-2016, 06:27 PM
If reported as he is out for a month, that's a shame on Fyvie as he has played well since his suspension but we have strength in depth...any team we field will be a strong one...

...bring THEM on!!!

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
05-02-2016, 06:33 PM
If reported as he is out for a month, that's a shame on Fyvie as he has played well since his suspension but we have strength in depth...any team we field will be a strong one...

...bring THEM on!!!

GGTTH
Stubbs confirmed this on his Hibs tv interview. Medial injury

kaimendhibs
05-02-2016, 06:35 PM
i take it this is due to the challenge by the morton player on tuesday...that the referee/linesman didn't see :rolleyes:

Shocker of a 'tackle'😠😠

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Shocker of a 'tackle'

just looked at the match report, was it this one ? it doesn't say who the recipient of the bad tackle was

90'+ 2 mins

'
Declan McManus (Morton) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

Onceinawhile
05-02-2016, 07:00 PM
just looked at the match report, was it this one ? it doesn't say who the recipient of the bad tackle was

90'+ 2 mins

'
Declan McManus (Morton) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

It was quitongo who did him.

Not sure why we've come out with it. I'd have kept hearts guessing tbh.

keep the faith
05-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Step forward KT! Perfect game for him.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2016, 07:03 PM
It was quitongo who did him.

Not sure why we've come out with it. I'd have kept hearts guessing tbh.

ah righty, heard his name mentioned on the radio and wondered straight away if he was 'son of' jose(sp) that played briefly for hertz

CMac1988
05-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Step forward KT! Perfect game for him.

I would've thought Bartley would start with Thomo on the bench?

keep the faith
05-02-2016, 07:11 PM

That would be nuts IMO. No question who would have the bigger impact in a game of this size.
Could see Thommo bossing the middle of the park and getting right in about them.

Del Boy
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM
That would be nuts IMO. No question who would have the bigger impact in a game of this size.
Could see Thommo bossing the middle of the park and getting right in about them.

Thomson's kind of game but when did he last start a first team game?

gaz1875
05-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Agree, Bartley has been absolutely fine whenever he has played and not a risk, KT would be a risk to start the game.

California-Hibs
05-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Looks like Fraser will be touch and go for the Final now aswel, which is a right shame for him!

jakeshibs
05-02-2016, 10:11 PM
such a shame as he was in good form and he would of loved the chance to run at them, however we have strength In depth and hopefully we will be up for this, mon the hibs

JimBHibees
05-02-2016, 10:26 PM
IMO it has been pretty obvious in our last few games that refs have not been properly protecting our players Henderson got a shocker v St Mirren and McGeouch must have been kicked about 6 times v Falkirk was only a matter of time before we got a bad injury. Not good enough especially when the guy doing this wasn't punished in any way.

Carheenlea
05-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Tuesday night was one of the worst refereeing displays I`ve seen for years.
I lay the blame for Fyvie`s injury firmly at the door of John McKendrick, as his reluctance to give Hibs free kicks ensured the blatant fouling got more robust the longer the game wore on as it became clear that the referee was ignoring half of them. The tackle/assault on Fyvie was disgraceful.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2016, 10:43 PM
I lay the blame for Fyvie`s injury firmly at the door of John McKendrick, as his reluctance to give Hibs free kicks ensured the blatant fouling got more robust the longer the game wore on as it became clear that the referee was ignoring half of them. The tackle/assault on Fyvie was disgraceful.

:agree: As was the one a few minutes earlier on Dylan. No free kick given by the incompetent with the whistle :grr:

twiceinathens
05-02-2016, 10:51 PM

Absolutely agree. It is easy to criticise referee decisions which go against your own team, but on this occasion his laxity resulted in a serious injury. it could easily have been more than one.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2016, 10:59 PM
ah righty, heard his name mentioned on the radio and wondered straight away if he was 'son of' jose(sp) that played briefly for hertz

It is his son.

Jumbo
05-02-2016, 11:58 PM
:agree: As was the one a few minutes earlier on Dylan. No free kick given by the incompetent with the whistle :grr:

and the ref had the cheek to book Dylan for complaining about it :grr:

truehibernian
06-02-2016, 12:11 AM
and the ref had the cheek to book Dylan for complaining about it :grr:

I think Dylan will score this weekend. Edge of the box pile driver !

Aldo
06-02-2016, 08:53 AM
This is my only concern tomorrow... Cheats inability to take early action against a foul against McGeouch, McGinn and co wherever he books one of our players for a similar challenge.

If this is the way the game will be played and looked upon by him then we are against it from the off.

No excuses though.... Discipline is the key tomorrow and hopefully we stay disciplined and let Cheat do his job!!

ACLeith
06-02-2016, 09:03 AM
This is my only concern tomorrow... Cheats inability to take early action against a foul against McGeouch, McGinn and co wherever he books one of our players for a similar challenge.

If this is the way the game will be played and looked upon by him then we are against it from the off.

No excuses though.... Discipline is the key tomorrow and hopefully we stay disciplined and let Cheat do his job!!

On the one hand we've got to stand up to them and not be bullied, on the other don't get dragged into a physical slug-fest, but play our passing game. A tricky balancing act but one I am confident we can achieve.

Before "that" final I made 2 predictions (a) that the first player booked would be one of ours after a Hearts player did worse and (b) that there would be a potentially game-changing decision that goes against us. The fact that by 46 minutes both had come true meant nothing in terms of me seeing the future and everything about the ref. No point making the same predictions for tomorrow, we can't control his performance, but our players need so be savvy about his decision-making.

SMAXXA
06-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Both him and fonts are out unfortunately

3pm
06-02-2016, 09:07 AM

Nightmare.

ano hibby
06-02-2016, 09:08 AM

Disappointing. Really disappointing.
The midfield 4 been really good last 2 games.
Guess it's 4-4-2 then. Prob Bartley (if better?) in for Fyvie & other 3 in diamond around him.

Aldo
06-02-2016, 09:17 AM

Not good but we have MacGregor and potentially Bartley to step in.

Aldo
06-02-2016, 09:20 AM
On the one hand we've got to stand up to them and not be bullied, on the other don't get dragged into a physical slug-fest, but play our passing game. A tricky balancing act but one I am confident we can achieve. Before "that" final I made 2 predictions (a) that the first player booked would be one of ours after a Hearts player did worse and (b) that there would be a potentially game-changing decision that goes against us. The fact that by 46 minutes both had come true meant nothing in terms of me seeing the future and everything about the ref. No point making the same predictions for tomorrow, we can't control his performance, but our players need so be savvy about his decision-making.

Discipline the key factor and hopefully our players will get protected.

HibbyAndy
06-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Id have Mcgregor in for Fonts anyway.

Bartley in for Fyvie easy peasy.

S4uzee
06-02-2016, 09:22 AM

Why is it regardless of how well we're playing, something like this always happens in the build up to a derby

JimBHibees
06-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Stubbs says Fonts may play?

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Not good but we have MacGregor and potentially Bartley to step in.

McGregor would have been playing anyway as certain Hibs would have been going three at the back.

Question is do we still go three at the back by playing Gunnarsson or go with a flat back four.

I thought Fonts might have made it but knew Fyvie was out.

JimBHibees
06-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Id have Mcgregor in for Fonts anyway.

Bartley in for Fyvie easy peasy.

Agree with the first, in this game may have played 3 at the back which won't happen now unless the manager is willing to put Gunnarson in.

Personally would put KT in but can see the temptation re Bartley.

Onion
06-02-2016, 09:26 AM

Really disappointing. That Morton game was expensive!

But why have Hibs announced this on the eve of the game, when it would cost nothing keep the Yams guessing ? Or maybe it's a double bluff :wink: ?

JimBHibees
06-02-2016, 09:27 AM

But why have Hibs announced this on the eve of the game, when it would cost nothing keep the Yams guessing ? Or maybe it's a double bluff :wink: ?

Stubbs says Fonts may play.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Understand the reasons for KT with his ability to pick a pass and get things going, but for me Bartley is a straight swap for Fyvie, unless Stubbs has something different in mind in his approach to the game and in that case, the choice is tactics based rather than based on who is fit.

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 09:30 AM

I wondered about that

s.a.m
06-02-2016, 09:38 AM
I wondered about that

They do it all the time, tbf. Doesn't seem like our style though :dunno:

Deansy
06-02-2016, 09:39 AM
IMO it has been pretty obvious in our last few games that refs have not been properly protecting our players Henderson got a shocker v St Mirren and McGeouch must have been kicked about 6 times v Falkirk was only a matter of time before we got a bad injury. Not good enough especially when the guy doing this wasn't punished in any way.

Yup, and it will continue until either (1) the league is won (by us hopefully !) or (2) or the points difference between us and them is too much to catch up !. I really do wish AS or LD would be more vociferous in the media about the constant, week-in/week-out abysmal refereeing Hibs are receiving, perhaps if the spotlight was put on them, the referees might be forced to actually do their job !!

Aldo
06-02-2016, 09:43 AM
McGregor would have been playing anyway as certain Hibs would have been going three at the back. Question is do we still go three at the back by playing Gunnarsson or go with a flat back four. I thought Fonts might have made it but knew Fyvie was out.

Big big game to play Gunnarsson in Scoops.

I think he may play a flat back 4 however that is a big decision for Stubbs to make.

I can however see the benefits of playing 5 across the middle against them as I think they will only play one up top.

Trust Stubbs though!

Aldo
06-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Really disappointing. That Morton game was expensive! But why have Hibs announced this on the eve of the game, when it would cost nothing keep the Yams guessing ? Or maybe it's a double bluff :wink: ?

It was and it wasn't onion.

Promotion is the priority for me but I want to win every game. Cup runs are a bonus and to already have reached the LC final a run in the SC will also be a boost.

I also never want to loose quality players and both LF and FF fall into this category.

We have the players to come in and do a job.

3pm
06-02-2016, 09:47 AM
McGregor would have been playing anyway as certain Hibs would have been going three at the back.

Question is do we still go three at the back by playing Gunnarsson or go with a flat back four.

I thought Fonts might have made it but knew Fyvie was out.

What makes you certain on the 3 mate? I don't think we have played it all season....or have we?

J-C
06-02-2016, 09:52 AM
It's a shame both Fyvie and Fonts will miss out, I'd stay with a back 4 with McGregor coming in ( I think it's too big a game to play Gunnarsson in a back 3 ). We'll lose the dynamic energy Fyvie gives us in the middle, so it will depend if Bartley will be picked or will Stubbs throw a curve ball and pick Thomson as the holder.

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 11:24 AM
What makes you certain on the 3 mate? I don't think we have played it all season....or have we?

A bit of info I got the same time as I heard about Fyvie.

Quite a few.

Off the top of my head Rangers at home in the league, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Big big game to play Gunnarsson in Scoops.

I think he may play a flat back 4 however that is a big decision for Stubbs to make.

I can however see the benefits of playing 5 across the middle against them as I think they will only play one up top.

Trust Stubbs though!

I agree, far too big.

Onion
06-02-2016, 11:38 AM
It's a shame both Fyvie and Fonts will miss out, I'd stay with a back 4 with McGregor coming in ( I think it's too big a game to play Gunnarsson in a back 3 ). We'll lose the dynamic energy Fyvie gives us in the middle, so it will depend if Bartley will be picked or will Stubbs throw a curve ball and pick Thomson as the holder.

We're just resting them both for the more important matches to come.

J-C
06-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Quite a few.

Weird how he played it and won that day but went back to the diamond the next game at Ipox :confused:

Seemingly we played a back 4, tbh I can't remember, just going by what Scoops said.

J-C
06-02-2016, 11:53 AM
We're just resting them both for the more important matches to come.

Strange rest Fyvie is getting, out for a month with knee damage.

3pm
06-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Quite a few.

Pretty sure we never played back 3 v the Dandies and the Arabs!

Not that it matters!

Edit - We have closed games out as a '3'.

GreenOnions
06-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Not that it matters!

We played a back 4 against The Rangers at home and against DUFC. We did, however, play 3 at the back against Aberdeen.

Alex Trager
06-02-2016, 12:23 PM

Not that it matters!

We have closed out games. But I don't recall is starting with a three?

Who knows.

I'd play five in the midfield tomorrow for sure.

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 12:26 PM
We played a back 4 against The Rangers at home and against DUFC. We did, however, play 3 at the back against Aberdeen.

Auld age playing tricks wi ma memory GO.

I think with subs we may have finished a couple of those games with a three but with starting line ups you are correct.

BTW it's not that my memory has returned, I checked the starting line ups. :greengrin

scoopyboy
06-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Not that it matters!

:aok:

GreenOnions
06-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Auld age playing tricks wi ma memory GO.

I think with subs we may have finished a couple of those games with a three but with starting line ups you are correct.

BTW it's not that my memory has returned, I checked the starting line ups. :greengrin

I've forgotten what I posted :greengrin

Spike Mandela
06-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Have Rangers had ANY lengthy injuries to key players this season? Can't think of any.