View Full Version : Staggies gesture

rotherhamrob
02-02-2016, 11:38 AM
I think the way ross county are treating Linlithgow rose is to be commended, not only are they sending a coach to take the committee to hospitality but they are also sending coaches to take their community teams and parents to the match.
If this shouldn't be in this section then I apologise and feel free to move it.

02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
A real family club. Well done. The final with them should have a family atmosphere.

02-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Good on them.

02-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Brilliant gesture :aok:

tartanhibee
02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
My nephew and brother in law are going on Saturday as he plays for Linlithgow rose 2002 team great bit of work from Ross county.

I have advised to have a haggis pie.

02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
A real family club. Well done. The final with them should have a family atmosphere.

#TheFamilyFinal, has a ring to it. :wink:

02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
That's really good of them. Classy.

02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Folk on here will say that's County being too soft,**** the opposition,show them no respect,hate everyone we play blah blah blah.

Fantastic gesture fron County IMO

02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
I think their owner bought most of their allocation for the Scottish cup final and handed them out free to fans hence the larger than expected crowd against Dundee Utd

02-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Hibs will have to hide their drunken grannies out of site.:greengrin

02-02-2016, 12:49 PM
They do seem to be run very well and with not a little class to boot. Had a great away day up there when they pumped us oot the cup a few seasons back, very friendly before and after the match ... easy to be pals when you've won right enough :greengrin

Good for them on this one .... looking forward to a good day out at Hampden in a few weeks time with both sets of fans mingling with no bother to be seen.

02-02-2016, 12:53 PM

I hate when games get labelled that involving Hibs 😂

02-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Makes it sound like we are all there for a "nice wee day out"...

Great gesture in this case from County but come March 13th I hope we go there and bulldoze them before sending them home at half time on their buses while 3-0 up without hearing a peep from them!

02-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Well done to Ross County on this effort.

However let's drop this #familyfinal nonsense. I don't hate Ross County or whatever but on cup final day I hope Hibs absolutely tear them apart and their fans, hangers on, day trippers and whoever else have a throughly miserable time and are drowned out by a boisterous, passionate and fired up Hibs support.

02-02-2016, 02:49 PM

However let's drop this #familyfinal nonsense. I don't hate Ross County or whatever but on cup final day I hope Hibs absolutely tear them apart and their fans, hangers on, day trippers and whoever else have a throughly miserable time and are drowned out by a boisterous, passionate and fired up Hibs support.

Spot on PB

02-02-2016, 05:32 PM

02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
I hate when games get labelled that involving Hibs 

It's so reactionary and tedious. What about those of us who have been ostracized by our families and only want to mob up and cause mayhem? Are we to be marginalized?

FFS don't tell mother I posted this.

02-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I hate when games get labelled that involving Hibs 

So do I, reminds me of the gretna and hearts final that was full of arse kissing.

Mind you it is certainly better than a bigotry fuelled final when the OF are involved.

02-02-2016, 05:38 PM

02-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Can't stand the club. Hope we thrash them.

Tinribs
02-02-2016, 05:47 PM
I understand the sentiment of a so-called Family Final, plus it will be nice not to be spat on etc by huns or tic..but for me it reminds me too much of the 1991 SC Final, Motherwell Vs Dundee Utd. The media treated both of those teams as if they were little kids, having a shot of steering Dads car.

Cracking match though.

02-02-2016, 06:24 PM
It's not a Family Final unless two provincial clubs with tiny supports are involved.

We're a Big City Club with a tiny support

:duck:

02-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Ross County are a fantastic club from a beautiful part of the world and it looks like they have class too.

Wish them well for the future.

02-02-2016, 06:41 PM
It's so reactionary and tedious. What about those of us who have been ostracized by our families and only want to mob up and cause mayhem? Are we to be marginalized?

FFS don't tell mother I posted this.

I'm seeing her tonight, but ill keep it quiet.

linlithgowhibbie
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM
I think the way ross county are treating Linlithgow rose is to be commended, not only are they sending a coach to take the committee to hospitality but they are also sending coaches to take their community teams and parents to the match.
If this shouldn't be in this section then I apologise and feel free to move it.

Hi,

Where did you hear/see about this? I don't buy red tops so haven't seen anything about it.

rotherhamrob
02-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Hi,

Where did you hear/see about this? I don't buy red tops so haven't seen anything about it.

Hi
It was in todays daily record.

The Pointer
02-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Great gesture but like others hope we pump them on the day - nae nicey, nicey.

When we beat them 0-1 in the Cup in Dingwall a couple of years ago, I made a weekend of it staying in Inverness as I was getting my hip done a few days later. Nice wee place and stayed on afterwards for a few pints yarning with the locals, although I did have a problem finding a pub with decent beer.

Would go again despite the 4.5 hour journey.

02-02-2016, 09:18 PM

Reminds Me of Livi.... Did we No let them Win.... SO they could Stay Alive... :wink:

Stonewall
02-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Think it's just the under 13s going up LH, not all Rose teams able to travel and not all County teams available to host. Terrific idea though.