PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Advice please

sleeping giant
16-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Hello ,

My Daughters GHD's are faulty.
These come with 2 year warranty.
I do NOT have the receipt. I DO have the full box , warranty card and associated instructions still in the box.
I could not remember where i had bought them. I checked Paypal , Amazon and my Bank but have no trace.

I called GHD. They say unless i have the receipt , they won't repair them. They say the 2 year warranty is from when it was "unpacked" to a distributor.
GHD could tell from their system that i bought them in Dec 2014 and that i bought them online from Hairstudios in Barrow In Furness.

Surely they can't deny my warranty claim if they have the records as to when i purchased them.

I will obviously keep looking for the reciept or confirmation email but i may have deleted it.

Any advice ?

A google of Hairstudios Barrow in Furness brings up many many barbers :-)

HibbyScott
16-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Hello ,

My Daughters GHD's are faulty.
These come with 2 year warranty.
I do NOT have the receipt. I DO have the full box , warranty card and associated instructions still in the box.
I could not remember where i had bought them. I checked Paypal , Amazon and my Bank but have no trace.

I called GHD. They say unless i have the receipt , they won't repair them. They say the 2 year warranty is from when it was "unpacked" to a distributor.
GHD could tell from their system that i bought them in Dec 2014 and that i bought them online from Hairstudios in Barrow In Furness.

Surely they can't deny my warranty claim if they have the records as to when i purchased them.

I will obviously keep looking for the reciept or confirmation email but i may have deleted it.

Any advice ?

A google of Hairstudios Barrow in Furness brings up many many barbers :-)

I'm afraid I don't really know about the main part of your argument, although I would have thought that having the warranty card would be enough.

It might be worth checking the deleted items folder of your e-mail? I've managed to find things that I thought I had deleted in there by virtue of forgetting to empty that folder every now and again!

sleeping giant
16-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm afraid I don't really know about the main part of your argument, although I would have thought that having the warranty card would be enough.

It might be worth checking the deleted items folder of your e-mail? I've managed to find things that I thought I had deleted in there by virtue of forgetting to empty that folder every now and again!

Tried that. It's bloody driving me nuts.
I can't believe they are denying the claim even though THEY have all the info on Thier system.
That's bad patter.

Just Alf
16-12-2015, 04:46 PM
So their OWN records tell them when you bought them AND you have the warranty card etc..... why would they need you to produce a receipt to show when you bought them?????

can't help thinking citizens advice or whoever the organisation is would take a dim view of this????

As an aside I had a cd alarm clock thingy which stopped working after about 11 months... no box, no paper work, nowt! ... took it to argos and explained the situation, gave them my details and despite giving them 7 day time window of when I bought it (and wrong card) they confirmed the sale and gave me a replacement there and then!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
16-12-2015, 05:31 PM
So their OWN records tell them when you bought them AND you have the warranty card etc..... why would they need you to produce a receipt to show when you bought them?????

can't help thinking citizens advice or whoever the organisation is would take a dim view of this????

As an aside I had a cd alarm clock thingy which stopped working after about 11 months... no box, no paper work, nowt! ... took it to argos and explained the situation, gave them my details and despite giving them 7 day time window of when I bought it (and wrong card) they confirmed the sale and gave me a replacement there and then!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Speak to Trading Standards at the council