PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Not sure if this is aloud here so please delte/move if need be, however looking for some advice for Ibrox.

Its been 8 or 9 years since i was over at the dark side and i am taking my wee boy on the 28th so want to be prepared... we will be going to Glasgow via train and making our way out from there so just wanted to know what the easiest (and safest) way of getting to Ibrox will be? Do not want to end up lost in a bunch of cretins with my lad. Cheers!

GGTTH

hibs0666
14-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Not sure if this is aloud here so please delte/move if need be, however looking for some advice for Ibrox.

Its been 8 or 9 years since i was over at the dark side and i am taking my wee boy on the 28th so want to be prepared... we will be going to Glasgow via train and making our way out from there so just wanted to know what the easiest (and safest) way of getting to Ibrox will be? Do not want to end up lost in a bunch of cretins with my lad. Cheers!

GGTTH

If you are wearing colours and don't want to fraternise then the easiest way is to jump a cab from town - will cost around £7.

If you don't mind a bit of fraternisation then you can get the tube. If you decide to go this way then I would siggest getting off at Ibrox on the way there and walking down to Govan station for the journey back.

If you want to see the sights of Tradeston, or indeed fancy a half decent pre-match curry, then walking is way to go - it's about 45 minutes or so from Queen Street.

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 08:40 AM
If you are wearing colours and don't want to fraternise then the easiest way is to jump a cab from town - will cost around £7.

If you don't mind a bit of fraternisation then you can get the tube. If you decide to go this way then I would siggest getting off at Ibrox on the way there and walking down to Govan station for the journey back.

If you want to see the sights of Tradeston, or indeed fancy a half decent pre-match curry, then walking is way to go - it's about 45 minutes or so from Queen Street.

Thanks very much. I think at £7 and for the sake of avoiding any nonsense, i'll taxi out... getting back to glasgow is the most important one.. will most hibees walkk toward the Govan station? I'll prob just follow the green crowd :greengrin

EH54
14-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Make sure your colours are covered up for the trip back there will be plenty of angry rangers fans after the game especially when we go top of the league

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Make sure your colours are covered up for the trip back there will be plenty of angry rangers fans after the game especially when we go top of the league

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibs0666
14-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks very much. I think at £7 and for the sake of avoiding any nonsense, i'll taxi out... getting back to glasgow is the most important one.. will most hibees walkk toward the Govan station? I'll prob just follow the green crowd :greengrin

There's a wee crowd of us meeting up in a child-friendly city centre boozer before taking cabs out to the game. We will be walking down to Govan station afterwards. Feel free to drop me a PM if you don't want to run the gauntlet on your own. :wink: