PDA

View Full Version : The Proclaimers

Craig_HFC
26-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Hoping to find 1 one ticket for The Proclaimers at the Playhouse on Friday 4th December, does anyone know of or have any spares?

Cheers

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Hi everyone,

Hoping to find 1 one ticket for The Proclaimers at the Playhouse on Friday 4th December, does anyone know of or have any spares?

Cheers

I have one spare if you're still looking mate?

Craig_HFC
03-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I have one spare if you're still looking mate?

Managed to get one, cheers anyway.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Managed to get one, cheers anyway.

Cool. Enjoy [emoji106]

Mr White
04-12-2015, 05:59 PM

Allant1981
04-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Just back from tonights gig, was pretty good. Only downside was the venue. The playhouse isnt ideal for this type of event

overdrive
05-12-2015, 09:04 AM
Just back from tonights gig, was pretty good. Only downside was the venue. The playhouse isnt ideal for this type of event

Did they play SoL? We were at friends last night and they had one of their parents down staying with them as they had tickets for the gig. They said they were surprised they didn't play SoL which I was surprised at.

They also said the Playhouse was a poor venue for it.

hibbybob
05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Did they play SoL? We were at friends last night and they had one of their parents down staying with them as they had tickets for the gig. They said they were surprised they didn't play SoL which I was surprised at.

Your friends parents must have been at the wrong gig!

They played SOL and it went down a storm.

offshorehibby
05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Was through in Glasgow on Tuesday as i am away for the shows in the Playhouse. Good gig, good crowd. I said to Mrs OS, we'll see how many Hibees are in when SoL comes on and there were a few. the crowd around me must have thought i was off my trolley belting out ' THE SUN SHINES ON LEITH' at the top of my voice.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Great night last night although it's the first time I've seen them at the Playhouse and its a terrible venue for a gig last night. Me and my mate ended up just standing up the back for the entire thing as it was a far better option than sitting. Couldn't believe everyone sat down apart from during the 'big hits'. Totally bizarre behaviour. Reminds me of when folk try and sit at Hampden. They also closed all the bars as soon as they came on stage which is also totally ridiculous at a gig. That's maybe normal when it's The Lion King or Jersey Boys or something on stage but not when its a gig ffs. Have always seen them at the Corn Exchange before which is a million times better as a venue.
Defo done Sunshine on Leith, not sure how someone missed that unless they were at the toilet? They wouldn't have been at the bar certainly!
Cracking night all the same. They are tremendous live

Pretty Boy
05-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Great night last night although it's the first time I've seen them at the Playhouse and its a terrible venue for a gig last night. Me and my mate ended up just standing up the back for the entire thing as it was a far better option than sitting. Couldn't believe everyone sat down apart from during the 'big hits'. Totally bizarre behaviour. Reminds me of when folk try and sit at Hampden. They also closed all the bars as soon as they came on stage which is also totally ridiculous at a gig. That's maybe normal when it's The Lion King or Jersey Boys or something on stage but not when its a gig ffs. Have always seen them at the Corn Exchange before which is a million times better as a venue.
Defo done Sunshine on Leith, not sure how someone missed that unless they were at the toilet? They wouldn't have been at the bar certainly!
Cracking night all the same. They are tremendous live

Playhouse is utter garbage for a gig. Corn Exchange or Usher Hall are far better.

What Edinburgh really needs is a substantial venue like the Hydro. Now if only we had had that chance......

Allant1981
05-12-2015, 11:55 AM

Yeah the played SOL, where we were everyone was up singing it

trev the hat
05-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Great gig at a poor venue, closing the bar was poor.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Great gig at a poor venue, closing the bar was poor.

Absolutely shocking decision

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Playhouse is utter garbage for a gig. Corn Exchange or Usher Hall are far better.

What Edinburgh really needs is a substantial venue like the Hydro. Now if only we had had that chance......

Correct. It's shocking for a capital city. I get that Glasgow is bigger but we're the capital ffs. Need more venues.
Not sure why Craig and Charlie chose the Playhouse when they will know fine well how much better the Corn Exchange is. Unless it's not their decision? Who knows, I'm sure there's a reason for it

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-12-2015, 12:21 PM
https://vimeo.com/147936737

Here's Sunshine on Leith from last night [emoji172]