PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona's Basilica nearly finished - o dear.

snooky
22-10-2015, 10:12 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34599879

Gaudi's too gaudy for me. Horrible architecture :sick:

Peevemor
22-10-2015, 10:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34599879

Gaudi's too gaudy for me. Horrible architecture :sick:

I love it.

DH1875
22-10-2015, 11:40 AM
About time :greengrin.

Jim44
23-10-2015, 07:37 PM
It's a fabulous buiding and the interior is awesome.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2015, 07:41 PM
It's a fabulous buiding and the interior is awesome.

Agreed.

Asbolutely stunning building imo although I can well appreciate why it is a bit Marmite.

My architecture opinions always seem to get me into arguments, I had a proper heated row with a guy in a boozer in London recently when I contended the Shard was a far more visually impressive building than the White Tower at the Tower of London. I stand by my comments.

Jim44
23-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Agreed.

Asbolutely stunning building imo although I can well appreciate why it is a bit Marmite.

My architecture opinions always seem to get me into arguments, I had a proper heated row with a guy in a boozer in London recently when I contended the Shard was a far more visually impressive building than the White Tower at the Tower of London. I stand by my comments.

I love architecture that is different, even if controversial. Another fascinating example, again in Spain, is the Mushroom in Seville, the biggest wooden structure in the world.

Pretty Boy
23-10-2015, 08:19 PM
I love architecture that is different, even if controversial. Another fascinating example, again in Spain, is the Mushroom in Seville, the biggest wooden structure in the world.

The Mushroom is indeed a stunner.

One of my current favourites is the Bao'an Airport terminal in China. Seriously beautiful building imo.

Jim44
23-10-2015, 08:27 PM
The Mushroom is indeed a stunner.

One of my current favourites is the Bao'an Airport terminal in China. Seriously beautiful building imo.

Don't know it but just googled it, it's incredible.

danhibees1875
23-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Agreed.

The shard is very cool!

I was in the walkie talkie building earlier this week and from he top floor got some really good views across London and particularly of the shard.

A lot of London is very cool. Wouldn't want to love there though!

DH1875
25-10-2015, 01:30 AM
The shard is very cool!

I was in the walkie talkie building earlier this week and from he top floor got some really good views across London and particularly of the shard.

A lot of London is very cool. Wouldn't want to love there though!

The walkie talkie building is just mental looking. Done the shard look a couple of weeks ago when we were in London for the Jets game. Amazing views of the city and some great photos. Wouldn't have minded some London love but don't think the Mrs would have been to happy. Some stunners walking around though :wink::greengrin.

CallumLaidlaw
28-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Standing underneath La Sagrada Familia a few years ago, i was blown away by it. Amazing building.

Have to admit, I love the Gherkin in London too.