PDA

View Full Version : charity fundraising

Dav1986
04-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I don't want to take away from the refugees banner thread but on sunday I am taking part in a white water rafting challenge with a few friends on sunday to raise money for the Sick kids Friends Foundation. A lot of you know the work they do for children in our area.

Would be great if anyone could donate some money to a good cause.

https://www.justgiving.com/KristoffersenCarpets

Between the teams taking part we have raised £6400 so far and looking to get closer to 9/10 by the time we take to the waters.

Admins- is there any chance you could leave this on the main board for a few hours to get maximum exposure? :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-09-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't trust charities at all....most take a cut for themselves. Would it not be better saving the cash in an account in order to buy things outright and present them to the relevant parties.

easty
04-09-2015, 09:55 AM
I don't trust charities at all....most take a cut for themselves. Would it not be better saving the cash in an account in order to buy things outright and present them to the relevant parties.

Dunno if I'd go as far as to say I don't trust charities at all, but I'm certainly more cynical towards them nowadays. There needs to be far more transparency, and get rid of these chugger folk in towns.

Dav1986
04-09-2015, 10:28 AM

That is a debate for the holy ground at some point rather than on this thread. It's close to me as my fiances cousin worse at the sick kids and johnnyfelly on here, his laddie is being treated there too and I've known John and his boy for 12 years now!

easty
04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
That is a debate for the holy ground at some point rather than on this thread. It's close to me as my fiances cousin worse at the sick kids and johnnyfelly on here, his laddie is being treated there too and I've known John and his boy for 12 years now!

:agree: and it's great how much money you've raised already. :aok:

Dav1986
05-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Just bumping this up a bit.

Including cash donations we are less than £100 from our target so hopefully get a few donations to help us edge past our target :aok:

DH1875
05-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Dunno if I'd go as far as to say I don't trust charities at all, but I'm certainly more cynical towards them nowadays. There needs to be far more transparency, and get rid of these chugger folk in towns.

Nowt wrong with chuggers. A lot of them do good work and make hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities. All it takes is a no thankyou from you if you dont want to give. If their doing their job right and you do givr then you should get a badge or a sticker which if you wear should stop them from asking you again.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't get the Gift Aid relief that way :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk