PDA

View Full Version : New formation - Liverpool inspired

Unseen work
04-09-2015, 12:24 AM
Was thinking of a way to get a good balance to the team and a way to get all of our best players in the squad.
I thought about a copy of Liverpool formations

---------------------------oxley----------------
------mcgregor----hanlon---fontaine-----
Mcgeouch-----henderson---fyvie/bartley----mcginn
----------------feruz-------------keatings-------
------------------------cummings-----------

Offers a good balance with the 3 defenders and Mcginn and mcgeouch as energetic wing backs. Fyvie or Bartley to sit. Henderson linking with the 2 behind cummings. Keatings and feruz and both creative players who are comfortable on the ball and will score plenty. Also willing runners to go beyond jase.

overdrive
04-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Was thinking of a way to get a good balance to the team and a way to get all of our best players in the squad.

Offers a good balance with the 3 defenders and Mcginn and mcgeouch as energetic wing backs. Fyvie or Bartley to sit. Henderson linking with the 2 behind cummings. Keatings and feruz and both creative players who are comfortable on the ball and will score plenty. Also willing runners to go beyond jase.

I like the idea but I'm not sure McGeouch and particularly McGinn would be all that effective in those positions.

BoomtownHibees
04-09-2015, 06:35 AM

Remember we tried to play McGeouch out there at Hampden last year?? And I don't see McGinn as a wide player at all, he needs to be in the middle of the park doing what he does best.

Greenworld
04-09-2015, 06:57 AM

But liverpool are playing really poorly could it be the set up ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

easty
04-09-2015, 11:08 AM
But liverpool are playing really poorly could it be the set up ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nah it's the crappy manager they've got. He's wasted a fortune of Liverpools money tae, he's useless.

since90plustwo
04-09-2015, 11:26 AM
For around 3 months Rodgers had this formation running rings around every team, before it was finally worked out by united then it all went to sh**. This formation, with the correct players, would work wonders in this league.

TheFamous1875
04-09-2015, 01:45 PM
For around 3 months Rodgers had this formation running rings around every team, before it was finally worked out by united then it all went to sh**. This formation, with the correct players, would work wonders in this league.

Its the same with the diamond we played with last season; it worked very successfully in the second third of the season and we were beating teams well, but because we didn't change things up for the final run of games, teams with a bit about them such as Falkirk, QOTS and Raith became wise and we struggled to get the better of them. I think what's evident in Stubbs' and Rogers' situations knowing when to change things up before they become stale.

We have a good enough squad to have lots of tactical options at our disposal and I think the quicker Stubbs learns when to change things up/when to keep things the same, he'll be on his way to be a very good manager.

McKenzie
04-09-2015, 04:42 PM

Think your mistaking Rodgers for Suarez there mate. It's all fallen apart since he left

Unseen work
04-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I like the idea but I'm not sure McGeouch and particularly McGinn would be all that effective in those positions.

I would ideally prefer them both in the middle. But for me they both have the energy and defensive ability to cope with most team in the league. Also the fact there is 3 defenders plus either Bartley or Fyvie sitting in.

GreenLake
04-09-2015, 05:03 PM
This Liverpool formation was interesting - highly optimized for back passes to the keeper. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiBIdtUKhs