PDA

View Full Version : Football stag weekends

IanM
01-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Having just survived Ibiza last month, another one of the boys gets married next year and he's thinking about heading somewhere for a couple of days and take in a match.

Plenty to choose from but obviously needs a top night life, sun and erm I'll just leave the rest of the conversation there!

Open to suggestions

Willis1875
01-09-2015, 04:13 PM
been a couple of times to Hamburg,stay at reeperbahn for the nightlife and the imtech arena is only 15mins away on the train

Green Man
01-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Prague is great. Can't guarantee sun but it's cheap, great food and drink, lots of stag type entertainment and four top league football teams so there will always be at least one game to go to.

PatHead
01-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Easter Road. Get to see a top quality football team then have a night out in one of the best cities in Europe!

andrew70
01-09-2015, 04:19 PM
been a couple of times to Hamburg,stay at reeperbahn for the nightlife and the imtech arena is only 15mins away on the train

Hamburg is good but go to St Pauli, Hamburg are a club full of Huns.

Rotterdam and Berlin also great places to go

Billy Whizz
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Having just survived Ibiza last month, another one of the boys gets married next year and he's thinking about heading somewhere for a couple of days and take in a match.

Plenty to choose from but obviously needs a top night life, sun and erm I'll just leave the rest of the conversation there!

Open to suggestions

Try Malaga, loads of flights and all year round sunshine

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Prague is great. Can't guarantee sun but it's cheap, great food and drink, lots of stag type entertainment and four top league football teams so there will always be at least one game to go to.

That's my shout too. Take a wee train day trip to Plzen too, magic!

Brussels/Leuven too.

MKHIBEE
01-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Easter Road. Get to see a top quality football team then have a night out in one of the best cities in Europe!
2 of my lads have been given the job of organising the youngest lads stag do in January, I am sure I have almost convinced them that Edinburgh would be a great choice

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Liverpool.

HH81
01-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Liverpool.

Not a bad shoot and tranmere have an excellent ground went other day :-)

No sunshine though.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Not a bad shoot and tranmere have an excellent ground went other day :-)

No sunshine though.

I was thinking Everton, far easier to get tickets. Sun!!! There must be plenty of it looking at the amount of orange tanned birds walking about :-)

DH1875
01-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Rotterdam and Malaga are good shouts. Would also throw in Lisbon as its a cracking city with loads to do and plenty of football.

Future17
02-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Rotterdam and Malaga are good shouts. Would also throw in Lisbon as its a cracking city with loads to do and plenty of football.

:aok: Also Munich - Allianz Arena is a cracking stadium and you'll usually find either Bayern or 1860 playing at home.

Haymaker
02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Prague, Munich or Madrid/Barcelona for fitba and party.

Wembley67
02-09-2015, 12:16 PM
In addition to the ones below I could not recommend Budapest more highly, if you can try and take in the local derby.

As expected things can get pretty hostile but nowhere near as bad as things get made out!

HH81
02-09-2015, 12:40 PM

I went to Lisbon once, I went to three games in one weekend. Also an Edinburgh Derby thrown in on the tv.

One of the lads was annoyed he went round the city on his own while we got steaming and watched football :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
02-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Berlin is a fantastic city. There has been several threads on here about how great the place is.

I follow Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, they only ever really sell out against Bayern, Dortmund and possibly Schalke. Against anyone else you'd get a ticket no problem.

The best area of Germany to head to would be Dusseldorf. There are loads of Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 teams in the area and if anyone going played there cards right they could get to games Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a short train ride.

IanM
02-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Cheers everyone! Have relayed all this back 👌🏻

Pretty Boy
02-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Depends on budget and timescale.

Krakow or Berlin if you fancy a bit travelling and have a bit of a budget to play with.

If you are wanting a night on the piss and to take in game for a relatively small outlay and be as good as guaranteed tickets the Newcastle is pretty much on the doorstep.

Mr White
02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Depends on budget and timescale.

Krakow or Berlin if you fancy a bit travelling and have a bit of a budget to play with.

If you are wanting a night on the piss and to take in game for a relatively small outlay and be as good as guaranteed tickets the Newcastle is pretty much on the doorstep.

I was going to post about Newcastle but the sun clause put me off :greengrin

We went down there for a weekend this time last year for a mates stag. There was only 6 of us but it was bloody brilliant. Took in the 2 each draw between sunderland and spurs at the stadium of light, few pints before and after in the cheapest pub I've been in in the uk (14 quid for 6 pints) then onto the dog racing back in Newcastle then out on the town in the evening. Stag dos aren't really my thing tbh but that weekend was outstanding, didn't cost that much and was an hour and a half away on the train.