PDA

View Full Version : Moaning/Grumping/Bitching Threads

Torto7062
27-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Jeezo how many folk on here find the slightest thing to bitch an grump about anything Hibs...so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.
Is Alan Stubbs the right man for the job.....seriously......if not who's gonna do better....oh and now let folk start bitching about style of play etc or that the tasche is still in the building.

Let's get behind the Club as a whole..from the Pitch to the Board.

Tin hat is on 👷⚽

sambajustice
27-08-2015, 11:26 AM
I went to a game once and Hibs conceded a goal!!! I mean WTF?? Absolute disgrace!

Inquest needed!

Steve20
27-08-2015, 11:27 AM
The slightest thing? We're in the second tier, the person who I hold most responsible is still here (even if it's claimed he doesn't do anything now hmmm). People are also entitled to ask if the manager is the right man. He failed to get us promoted last season and hasn't started well this season.

If you're happy spending the foreseeable in the second tier and watching terrible football, then carry on but people are entitled to be ***** off about it.

Jones28
27-08-2015, 11:30 AM
If we are beating Stranraer 1-0 with the help of an own goal then something isn't right.

That is exactly the problem, we shouldn't be settling for that. We should be pushing for results. Arbroath came to Easter raps in the cup and were humped 9-0, Gretna 6-0, Brechin City 4-0, Peterhead 6-0 again, what has changed about these teams that make them so difficult for us to break down?

My concern is what everyone seems to be saying who was at the game last night: pedestrian, no tempo, no pace.

greenginger
27-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Jeezo how many folk on here find the slightest thing to bitch an grump about anything Hibs...so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.
Is Alan Stubbs the right man for the job.....seriously......if not who's gonna do better....oh and now let folk start bitching about style of play etc or that the tasche is still in the building.

Tin hat is on ⚽

If you think Hibs.net is awash with moaning/grumping and bitching you should have a deek at Kerrydale Street.

The lesser greens have ten threads slaughtering everyone . Board, Lawwell, Ronnie Deila, players, other supporters because they got beat by a wee diddy club like Malmo and don't get to play with the big boys this season. :greengrin

liamh2202
27-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Don't get me going on the pitch... The last time we won the league we had a slope. Why did we change a good thing?!??? :D

Real Emerald
27-08-2015, 11:53 AM
If we are beating Stranraer 1-0 with the help of an own goal then something isn't right.

That is exactly the problem, we shouldn't be settling for that. We should be pushing for results. Arbroath came to Easter raps in the cup and were humped 9-0, Gretna 6-0, Brechin City 4-0, Peterhead 6-0 again, what has changed about these teams that make them so difficult for us to break down?

My concern is what everyone seems to be saying who was at the game last night: pedestrian, no tempo, no pace.

Correct, we're tippy tappying the ball about in our own half trying to probe for openings as if we're Barca trying to break down a stubborn Milan defence. We should be flying at them for 90 minutes and not giving their almost perfect line of 4 at the back no time to regroup while they happily watch us playing in front of them, it's so slow predictable and boring and folk wonder why we complain... jeez.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2015, 12:34 PM
so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.

While I agree we should get behind the team the above thinking worries me.

Screw disrespect - we should be thumping teams like Stranraer.
What actually happens is we struggle to even score two goals against most of them.

This is source of major concern as the only way we'll keep pace with sevco is by establishing a bit of fear - teams in this division should be leaving Easter Road with no points but relieved that they kept the scoreline respectable.

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2015, 12:41 PM
It's a discussion forum, so there will be a range of views. We're in the Championship and we haven't started well again, so of course there will be fans having a moan. I don't see anything wrong with that; in fact I'd be worried if such concerns weren't being expressed.

Andy74
27-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Tin hat is on ⚽

It won't go away.

You should have been here when we had a two week long thread of complaints after we won 1-0 away to Partick Thistle because it wasn't done in the style of the Brazil 1970 team or when we won 3-0 at home to St Johnstone under Hughes when if we hadn't defended well and Stokes hadn't scored two we might have been at risk of not winning the game.

Jim44
27-08-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm neither defending or criticizing Stubbs, but, with the quality of squad we have compaired to Stranraer, we should be able to send any eleven guys on to the pitch with instructions to organise themselves and just see them off without much trouble.

Thecat23
27-08-2015, 01:13 PM

Tin hat is on 👷⚽

If I hear "get behind the club" one more time I'll burn the place to the ground. Thousands of dedicated Hibs fan have backed Hibs all through the bad times and still do (myself included) we have a loyal fan base who deserve better. I'm sick to death of this it's the same line trotted out the past 8 years.

How about we just tell it how it is and we have been ***** in a ***** league. Time we stopped being as soft as the players and opened our eyes to what is happening to Hibs!

J-C
27-08-2015, 01:14 PM
If I hear "get behind the club" one more time I'll burn the place to the ground. Thousands of dedicated Hibs fan have backed Hibs all through the bad times and still do (myself included) we have a loyal fan base who deserve better. I'm sick to death of this it's the same line trotted out the past 8 years.

How about we just tell it how it is and we have been ***** in a ***** league. Time we stopped being as soft as the players and opened our eyes to what is happening to Hibs!

Watch it TC, the happy clapping brigade will be here soon to shoot you down.

Thecat23
27-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Watch it TC, the happy clapping brigade will be here soon to shoot you down.

Thing is mate, I praise the team when it's deserved so I'll criticise them when we don't. I don't give to ****s about anyone on here who thinks I or anyone else should shut up and expect it!

Hibs last night were a ****ing gang! They either sort it or lose more fans plain and simple! Attendances tell you everything. So people can be as positive as they like until we see improvement on the pitch them i say the threads about how we play and lack of effort is deserved.

fulshie
27-08-2015, 01:20 PM
It's a discussion forum, so there will be a range of views. We're in the Championship and we haven't started well again, so of course there will be fans having a moan. I don't see anything wrong with that; in fact I'd be worried if such concerns weren't being expressed.I totally agree.

J-C
27-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Thing is mate, I praise the team when it's deserved so I'll criticise them when we don't. I don't give to ****s about anyone on here who thinks I or anyone else should shut up and expect it!

Hibs last night were a ****ing gang! They either sort it or lose more fans plain and simple! Attendances tell you everything. So people can be as positive as they like until we see improvement on the pitch them i say the threads about how we play and lack of effort is deserved.

I agree, I didn't go last night as I was working but because the start we've had and the who it was against I decided to keep on working. TBH The start so far has been very embarrassing, we seem to have no structure, pace or game plan. Players who were big players last year have got their new contracts and seem to have went beck to being bang average again, it better change soon because fans will again walk away.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.

Thecat23
27-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.

Great post!

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2015, 01:34 PM

Fully agree.

Keith_M
27-08-2015, 01:34 PM
What annoys me most is threads bitching about other people starting bitchy threads.

Kato
27-08-2015, 01:36 PM
What annoys me most is threads bitching about other people starting bitchy threads.

Rotten post, I'm going to start a thread about it.

pennyhibee
27-08-2015, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;4452978]Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.[/QUOTE

Agree totally How many players told us preseason that they were ready to come flying out the traps and do a hearts . Flying is the exact opposite of what they are doing playing at a pace that has you staring into the middle distance after 55-60 minutes

Thecat23
27-08-2015, 01:50 PM
I agree, I didn't go last night as I was working but because the start we've had and the who it was against I decided to keep on working. TBH The start so far has been very embarrassing, we seem to have no structure, pace or game plan. Players who were big players last year have got their new contracts and seem to have went beck to being bang average again, it better change soon because fans will again walk away.

Yip and there are other guys like yourself mate.

Keith_M
27-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Rotten post, I'm going to start a thread about it.

Can I just say, that's an absolutely rubbish response. I'm totally sick of the poor standard of responses on this site

Another new thread, methinks....

:wink:

Gordy M
27-08-2015, 02:14 PM

I agree with a lot you have written but uv got to admit there are some on here who are constantly negative, and nowhere to be seen if things are going well? Its pretty constant. I dont think anyone has an issue with posters who post critisism when its due or likewise positivity?

I have to say i dont see that many posters constantly posting unrealistic positivity?? However i do read a lot of the opposite?

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I work in an office and there's an ugly fat bitch with long grey hair that sits there all day being fat and repulsive.....and she's a jambo that's never been to a game in her fat life as she wouldn't make it through the turnstiles and would no doubt demolish their main stand if she sat down

emerald green
27-08-2015, 06:06 PM
If you think Hibs.net is awash with moaning/grumping and bitching you should have a deek at Kerrydale Street.

The lesser greens have ten threads slaughtering everyone . Board, Lawwell, Ronnie Deila, players, other supporters because they got beat by a wee diddy club like Malmo and don't get to play with the big boys this season. :greengrin

:agree: As I've posted a few times before, Hibs supporters are really no different in this regard from football supporters generally. They are happy when their team is doing well, and they are unhappy when it's not. It's quite simple really.

There's one thing I've noticed though, and that's this... There are some Hibs supporters always ready to start threads moaning about their fellow supporters. Folk who have supported this club through thick and thin, for 50 years, or 5 months, are entitled to their opinions (within the forum rules) both good and bad.

That's not unreasonable is it?

ScapeGoat
27-08-2015, 06:14 PM

Tin hat is on 👷⚽

I am The walrus - I will be that martyr.

Lago
27-08-2015, 06:15 PM
There appears to be a certain mind set among some of our supporters, that if you dare criticise the club /team your being negative, people really have to understand that constructive criticism can be beneficial and therefore POSITIVE.

jacomo
27-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Yes but they got dumped outta the CL this week - and getting to the group stage was one of their biggest targets for the season.

We won, albeit with an unimpressive performance.

hibsbollah
27-08-2015, 06:17 PM
This place has definitely had an increase in the number of gum bumping tornfaced disasters who appear to revel in any perceived poor result. Last night we won. 1-0. Through to next round. If youre unhappy with that you are, quite frankly, being an arse.

hibs0666
27-08-2015, 06:19 PM
The slightest thing? We're in the second tier, the person who I hold most responsible is still here (even if it's claimed he doesn't do anything now hmmm). People are also entitled to ask if the manager is the right man. He failed to get us promoted last season and hasn't started well this season.

If you're happy spending the foreseeable in the second tier and watching terrible football, then carry on but people are entitled to be ***** off about it.

People are entitled to ask what team you support.

ScapeGoat
27-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Where there is harmony, may I bring discord.Where there is truth may I bring error. Where there is faith, may I bring doubt. And where there is hope, may I bring despair. Ya bams.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Where there is harmony, may I bring discord.Where there is truth may I bring error. Where there is faith, may I bring doubt. And where there is hope, may I bring despair. Ya bams.

You are aware there are rules about having more than one account?

Especially when they are as painfully unfunny as this one.

Onion
27-08-2015, 06:48 PM

.Net should link up with Hibs to simply display the Hibs loyalty points for every poster. No data prot issues as completely anonymous, but would give some context to many of the posts we get on this forum :cb

theonlywayisup
27-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Pedestrian, no tempo, no pace sums it up for me............sorry theonlywayisupbutwe'llstayinthechampionshipforacou pleofyearsfirst!!!

rcarter1
27-08-2015, 07:03 PM
There appears to be a certain mind set among some of our supporters, that if you dare criticise the club /team your being negative, people really have to understand that constructive criticism can be beneficial and therefore POSITIVE.

:top marks

This is where I am at. Im guilty of losing the rag on here, but the only way the club will improve is if they take it all on the chin - understand the business they are in - and objectively look for the best way forward. My concern with the team at the moment is as others have said: width and tempo. What frustrates me is that our players are very similar in standard to Hearts/Rangers. Hearts and now Rangers are employing a style of playing that works well - in particular against limited opposition. For some reason we insist on a style that helps the opposition defend. This is completely inappropriate strategy against teams that want to defend.

If I were to have a private beer with Stubbs I would ask the following.

Can you explain why we looked in general decent-good against the likes of Hearts, Rangers, Dundee Utd, and yet quite often struggled against the weaker sides?

Do you look at other sides (any league), and how they play against much weaker opposition, and dissect how they create - good - chances?

Would you say that the number of goals scored over a season is down to unlucky finishing, or something else?

Do you accept that criticism comes with this business, and if you're not meeting expectations, that you should expect it?

Can you explain what benefit there is in publicly expressing your frustration with supporters opinions?

Do you accept that continually learning and developing your skills will be essential should you want to manage at a higher level?

Do you accept that at a bigger club, the pressure will only be even greater? That the expectations will be even greater?

I would finally ask him to learn from criticism (or at worst ignore it completely), and focus on getting things right. Learn to control your emotions !

I would also say that most people who grumble/criticise, are just waiting (about 7 years) for the opportunity to do the reverse.

The Green Goblin
27-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Some good arguments on this on the thread. Things have improved in so many respects, but the fact remains we are still in the wrong division and, so far at least, still seem unable to kill smaller teams off in our second year of facing them when we should be doing so. Obviously, I hope that changes.

Lots of good opinions as I said...what does the op think? No offence to them, but the idea that folk can't or shouldn't post about things they are worried/unhappy about in relation to their football team on a fans' message board is a bit silly.

zlatan
27-08-2015, 09:03 PM
I work in an office and there's an ugly fat bitch with long grey hair that sits there all day being fat and repulsive.....and she's a jambo that's never been to a game in her fat life as she wouldn't make it through the turnstiles and would no doubt demolish their main stand if she sat down

This?

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 06:55 AM
It won't go away.

You should have been here when we had a two week long thread of complaints after we won 1-0 away to Partick Thistle because it wasn't done in the style of the Brazil 1970 team or when we won 3-0 at home to St Johnstone under Hughes when if we hadn't defended well and Stokes hadn't scored two we might have been at risk of not winning the game.

I know, and some of those who were so angry, are the same ones telling us all how good things are now, and are the most positive posters on this site.

Although i have noticed a few cracks in the last couple of days from one of them.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I know, and some of those who were so angry, are the same ones telling us all how good things are now, and are the most positive posters on this site.

Although i have noticed a few cracks in the last couple of days from one of them.

You have given up, so why even bother who is positive on this site?

Keith_M
28-08-2015, 01:22 PM
You are aware there are rules about having more than one account?

Especially when they are as painfully unfunny as this one.

Gonna tell us what his/her other username is?

Dublin07
28-08-2015, 01:48 PM

They are not actually. I suggested he wasn't a hibs fan on Sunday and I had my post removed for personal abuse.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 02:23 PM
You have given up, so why even bother who is positive on this site?

I was at the Morton game, and will pick and choose what other games i decide to watch, although i dont need to explain that to anyone?

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I was at the Morton game, and will pick and choose what other games i decide to watch, although i dont need to explain that to anyone?

So why bother who is being positive on here, is that not a good thing?

rcarter1
28-08-2015, 04:08 PM
It won't go away.

There were good reasons for the complaints. We had been largely outplayed, given up a ton of chances against us, and were hugely fortunate to win the game. You can hardly say that where Fenlon took us in the weeks and months following that match was in a positive direction? Sometimes people are positive in defeat, because they see signs that the team is doing well, and on the day things went against us. As for the 3-0 win vs St Johnstone. Again, all the danger signs were there as to where the team was heading. Relying on one exceptional talent always concerns me. We have had the same with O'Connor and with Griffiths pulling shoddy sides through. Paper over the cracks. These talents either go off the boil - or get snapped up by bigger clubs. The people running the club HAVE to pre-empt that. ICT, St Johnstone, and even Ross County have been in comparably rude health by creating balanced teams, whereby if one player leaves or goes off form, doesn't leave the team in a mess.

One day (I hope!) Hearts are going to go through a sticky spell. If it lasts for any length of time, check out what their fans will be saying. Its normal for people to criticise - particularly when its not about a one off bad/limited performance, but a pattern. I would actually love for the club to listen to these comments. Think about them, and take them on board.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 04:11 PM
So why bother who is being positive on here, is that not a good thing?

Nowt wrong with being positive, plenty wrong with inconsistency though. If Hibs through their playing position ever give me a reason to be positive, i'm as positive as any.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Nowt wrong with being positive, plenty wrong with inconsistency though. If Hibs through their playing position ever give me a reason to be positive, i'm as positive as any.

Who is being inconsistent?

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Who is being inconsistent?

Not me, when we are poor and underachieving i say so. When we punch our weight i'm more than happy, moaning about how much better we should be doing when we are doing this seems a bit daft to me.

I'd kill for a team that was punching its weight, perhaps those days might be classed as the glory years now?

MSK
28-08-2015, 05:02 PM
They are not actually. I suggested he wasn't a hibs fan on Sunday and I had my post removed for personal abuse.Correct, Ive just read the deleted post & you are lucky it was just your post that was removed.

Perhaps you may want to re-read the forum rules that you accepted .. http://www.hibs.net/misc.php?do=vsarules

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Correct, Ive just read the deleted post & you are lucky it was just your post that was removed.

Perhaps you may want to re-read the forum rules that you accepted .. http://www.hibs.net/misc.php?do=vsarules

I wonder if thats ever been posted on the often mentioned on here The Rangers fans site. I doubt it very much! :-)

MSK
28-08-2015, 05:32 PM
I wonder if thats ever been posted on the often mentioned on here The Rangers fans site. I doubt it very much! :-)Could never force myself to go near that place mate, add kackback to that as well 😁

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Not me, when we are poor and underachieving i say so. When we punch our weight i'm more than happy, moaning about how much better we should be doing when we are doing this seems a bit daft to me.

I'd kill for a team that was punching its weight, perhaps those days might be classed as the glory years now?

If you are suggesting it was me, fine, it was Five years ago, I bemoaned Yogi and his tactics......we were poor in the latter part of his tenure. The away game at Maribor with the team selection was baffling....And who could forget the performance at St Johnstone, followed by his usual after game sound bytes. Easy to look back and say I wish we were competing in Europe every Season, but let's not kid ourselves on, it wasn't all rosy at that time.

On the back of that, we have had disaster after disaster and sleep walked into Relegation. I would rather everyone who sat on the Board at this juncture were removed.

However, I believe in LD and AS, and whilst I would rather that we were in SPL, we have to make most of it now. I feel the Club is moving in the right direction again, and I try to remain positive, it is easy to be constantly negative and looking for problems......I still believe we have the strongest squad in this division, although we need to kill teams off......

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Could never force myself to go near that place mate, add kackback to that as well 

Why any Hibs minded person would read the bigot and mini-bigot forums is alien to me

Thecat23
28-08-2015, 06:01 PM
If you are suggesting it was me, fine, it was Five years ago, I bemoaned Yogi and his tactics......we were poor in the latter part of his tenure. The away game at Maribor with the team selection was baffling....And who could forget the performance at St Johnstone, followed by his usual after game sound bytes. Easy to look back and say I wish we were competing in Europe every Season, but let's not kid ourselves on, it wasn't all rosy at that time.

On the back of that, we have had disaster after disaster and sleep walked into Relegation. I would rather everyone who sat on the Board at this juncture were removed.

However, I believe in LD and AS, and whilst I would rather that we were in SPL, we have to make most of it now. I feel the Club is moving in the right direction again, and I try to remain positive, it is easy to be constantly negative and looking for problems......I still believe we have the strongest squad in this division, although we need to kill teams off......

See thing is people are just voicing their concerns like you 5 years ago BF. Not all is rosy either right now and there is a genuine concern about how we are playing. It's the mistakes from last year that folk were saying they will be sorted this year when they clearly aren't.

I think I was Stubbs biggest fan and I'm still 100% behind him and the team. But I hope others would stop having a go at posters who post maybe negative but constructive points.

For the record I thought Yogi was useless and never really took to him and didn't like the way he had has favs and would totally blank some of the young lads. Anyway I'm not happy where we are doubt anyone is, I'm not happy to 'just make the play offs' I want a winning team every week, yep every week!! Maybe not happen but if they have the mentality then we will most likely win.

If we spend another year here I'm out. The club won't see my money until they show the ambition that some fans have. We can't keep throwing money at the club for them to continue to fail. Many fans have long gone already we can't keep tripping ourselves up playing silly teams.

Hopefully The Rangers do hit a bad patch (can't see it myself) and we somehow manage to win the title. Not sure we do have the best squad in the league. The Rangers seem to have that balance and look slightly better than us.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 06:13 PM
See thing is people are just voicing their concerns like you 5 years ago BF. Not all is rosy either right now and there is a genuine concern about how we are playing. It's the mistakes from last year that folk were saying they will be sorted this year when they clearly aren't.

I think I was Stubbs biggest fan and I'm still 100% behind him and the team. But I hope others would stop having a go at posters who post maybe negative but constructive points.

For the record I thought Yogi was useless and never really took to him and didn't like the way he had has favs and would totally blank some of the young lads. Anyway I'm not happy where we are doubt anyone is, I'm not happy to 'just make the play offs' I want a winning team every week, yep every week!! Maybe not happen but if they have the mentality then we will most likely win.

If we spend another year here I'm out. The club won't see my money until they show the ambition that some fans have. We can't keep throwing money at the club for them to continue to fail. Many fans have long gone already we can't keep tripping ourselves up playing silly teams.

Hopefully The Rangers do hit a bad patch (can't see it myself) and we somehow manage to win the title. Not sure we do have the best squad in the league. The Rangers seem to have that balance and look slightly better than us.

That's the spirit.......I can't stand people who say I'm out....It ain't the Dragons Den.....You are either a supporter or you are not, not just when things are good.....BH has chucked it, and criticism annoys me from people who can't be bothered attending anymore......This ain't an uberfan post, but it grinds my gears when some say that's it, I'm out....Hibs support should always be unconditional......

HH81
28-08-2015, 06:14 PM
How can people think we have the best team in the league when we have already lost twice to the Rangers?

Fogzie
28-08-2015, 06:15 PM
C,mon guys get a life. We are a mediocre team with huge ambitions. We have no right to beat anyone. We have to earn it. I am confident we will reach the playoffs,but it doesn't help that Easter Road is a graveyard. the fans sit an wait for something to happen. We need the whole stadium behind the team and make a noise.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 06:16 PM
How can people think we have the best team in the league when we have already lost twice to the Rangers?

Did you see the game on Sunday?

HH81
28-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Did you see the game on Sunday?

Yes watched most of it. We lost 1-0.

Making chances means nothing if you do not put them away and then lose.

The table still shows a loss.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 06:17 PM

If the cap fits? I am not for one minute suggesting everything was all rosy under Hughes, but i could point to just as many poor results and baffling team selections under Stubbs, but apparently they are ignored now because you think everything will be fine and dandy.

What is not acceptable for me is a Hibs team playing football in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, and a Hibs team thats struggling to win games against very poor teams.

I too do not think being constantly negative is a great trait to have, but i certainly wont be talking about how well things are when they are clearly not. I want the same as every Hibs fan wants, and thats a winning Hibs team playing in a mostly entertaining way.

If that was happening, we'd all be positive. I wont be positive because someone wants me or tells me i should be positive, just as you were not 5 years ago.

Hibernian football club, give me and others like me something to be happy about, and as i said before, punch your own weight as a football club and most of us will be happy.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes watched most of it. We lost 1-0.

Making chances means nothing if you do not put them away and then lose.

The table still shows a loss.

We have a stronger squad than them in my opinion. Yes we never took our chances, but let's not pretend TRFC are some sort of world beaters......

HH81
28-08-2015, 06:21 PM
We have a stronger squad than them in my opinion. Yes we never took our chances, but let's not pretend TRFC are some sort of world beaters......

Nope they are not but as Hearts showed last year when a smash and grab is needed they won. Hibs lose when it really matters. If lose tomorrow pressure is on Stubbs for me.

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 06:22 PM
If the cap fits? I am not for one minute suggesting everything was all rosy under Hughes, but i could point to just as many poor results and baffling team selections under Stubbs, but apparently they are ignored now because you think everything will be fine and dandy.

What is not acceptable for me is a Hibs team playing football in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, and a Hibs team thats struggling to win games against very poor teams.

I too do not think being constantly negative is a great trait to have, but i certainly wont be talking about how well things are when they are clearly not. I want the same as every Hibs fan wants, and thats a winning Hibs team playing in a mostly entertaining way.

If that was happening, we'd all be positive. I wont be positive because someone wants me or tells me i should be positive, just as you were not 5 years ago.

Hibernian football club, give me and others like me something to be happy about, and as i said before, punch your own weight as a football club and most of us will be happy.

Tedious stuff now, dragging things up from 5 years ago....Maybe see you when we reach Final, or finally meet your expectations.......

mmmmhibby
28-08-2015, 06:24 PM

Aint that the truth!!

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Tedious stuff now, dragging things up from 5 years ago....Maybe see you when we reach Final, or finally meet your expectations.......

That would be terrific.

Thecat23
28-08-2015, 07:11 PM
That's the spirit.......I can't stand people who say I'm out....It ain't the Dragons Den.....You are either a supporter or you are not, not just when things are good.....BH has chucked it, and criticism annoys me from people who can't be bothered attending anymore......This ain't an uberfan post, but it grinds my gears when some say that's it, I'm out....Hibs support should always be unconditional......

I'll always be a Hibs supporter, but I won't be a season ticket holder. Sorry if that upsets you but some aren't just throwing money away because "we support them" I'll turn up when I can at the odd game.

Now what about the rest of my post? Do you see what I'm saying? You were having a go back then when Hibs were in the top flight fans have every right to have a go because we are horse right now. So maybe you should stop having a go and just accept some people are posting good honest stuff and just want the best for the club. We don't all have to post happy things 24/7.

I have praised this club when the do things well I'll not stop moaning if I think we are poor!

Thecat23
28-08-2015, 07:18 PM
C,mon guys get a life. We are a mediocre team with huge ambitions. We have no right to beat anyone. We have to earn it. I am confident we will reach the playoffs,but it doesn't help that Easter Road is a graveyard. the fans sit an wait for something to happen. We need the whole stadium behind the team and make a noise.

And here we go, back to the fans again. Lucky we get 8k at games. I bet if this were Dundee Utd they would be lucky to get 4k if they were on our shoes. Huge ambitions? Sorry no, but I do expect Hibs to be top of this league and not be beat from Dumbarton, maybe you just except piss poor football? Huge ambitions would be making CL or winning the Scottish every 3 to 4 years. I want my club in the top flight, and in the top half of the table, if that means getting a life then yes I do. I'd say those who are happy to plob along watching us down here should take a good look at their life!

Baldy Foghorn
28-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I'll always be a Hibs supporter, but I won't be a season ticket holder. Sorry if that upsets you but some aren't just throwing money away because "we support them" I'll turn up when I can at the odd game.

Now what about the rest of my post? Do you see what I'm saying? You were having a go back then when Hibs were in the top flight fans have every right to have a go because we are horse right now. So maybe you should stop having a go and just accept some people are posting good honest stuff and just want the best for the club. We don't all have to post happy things 24/7.

I have praised this club when the do things well I'll not stop moaning if I think we are poor!

Not saying people do, but the fact we are in championship accentuates the negativity, and my god, some just love to stick the boot in at times......We had lost the league after out first game, some things are just so silly................

And it's a perpetual cycle, people don't buy Season Ticket's we can't afford quality, and folk moan about the team.....It's never ending..........

Lucius Apuleius
28-08-2015, 07:27 PM
What is the point of Stubbsy going to watch other teams when they play totally different to what they do when they play us?

Thecat23
28-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Not saying people do, but the fact we are in championship accentuates the negativity, and my god, some just love to stick the boot in at times......We had lost the league after out first game, some things are just so silly................

And it's a perpetual cycle, people don't buy Season Ticket's we can't afford quality, and folk moan about the team.....It's never ending..........

Losing to Dumbarton gave us a mountain to climb right away. Added so much pressure as we really needed something from The Rangers game. 6 points is huge whether you like it or not ans I'd rather be six ahead than six behind because you start to gain momentum!

Do I think Hibs will win the league... No! I don't think we have the mentality to win it I really don't. I'll not give up hope until it's impossible but we don't have a good enough squad to grind out results. If we did we wouldn't be six points behind the leaders this early.

You may think have the best squad in the league, but I think the Rangers have the better mentality and play better than us. The second half on Sunday showed they can go up a gear. If Hibs go on and win I'll be first on to congratulate them and tell you you were spot on. I don't think I'll be doing that sadly!

Keith_M
29-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Hibs Fans moaning is nothing new

Mogga's Men Booed Off Park After Thriller. (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibee-history-mogga-s-men-booed-after-thriller-1-3869752)

oldbutdim
29-08-2015, 09:22 AM
It's all about opinions isn't it - no matter how diverse.
I was out with my good lady wife last night and I had some real bitching threads on, whilst she thought I looked like a twat.

marleyhib
29-08-2015, 09:25 AM
We should be beating every team home and away bar the huns, Hearts managed it last season.

Last season Stubbs inherited a real mess, this season he's had time to prepare and knows the teams we'll face and how they'll set up.

Pretty happy with the squad but lack of goals is the main concern. We should be battering teams in the first 30 mins but we have the same old problem of not being able to open up teams when they sit in, which they'll all do against us.

Stubbs has to address this, realise we'll probably be in the playoffs again and be ready for it.

Early days but I understand people's frustration and negativity, we need a good start. It's all part of football and it's not gonna change.

emerald green
29-08-2015, 09:37 AM
And here we go, back to the fans again. Lucky we get 8k at games. I bet if this were Dundee Utd they would be lucky to get 4k if they were on our shoes. Huge ambitions? Sorry no, but I do expect Hibs to be top of this league and not be beat from Dumbarton, maybe you just except piss poor football? Huge ambitions would be making CL or winning the Scottish every 3 to 4 years. I want my club in the top flight, and in the top half of the table, if that means getting a life then yes I do. I'd say those who are happy to plob along watching us down here should take a good look at their life!

:agree: Yep, it's the fans fault again. :rolleyes: Relatively speaking, Hibs crowds are actually pretty good compared to most teams in Scotland.

Just think what the crowds would be like if the team was winning regularly and not losing on the first day of the season to teams like Dumbarton. Like it or not, it's results like that which sicken supporters, and does nothing to encourage wavering or lapsed fans back. I would hazard a guess that AS & LD are only too well aware of this obvious fact.

As far as getting behind the team is concerned - the previous poster's point. The fans will get behind the team if they are given something to shout about. For example, has anyone ever noticed how a packed away end at ER full of Hearts, Rangers, or Celtic supporters is always totally silent when Hibs are beating them?

rcarter1
29-08-2015, 10:09 AM
:agree: Yep, it's the fans fault again. :rolleyes: Relatively speaking, Hibs crowds are actually pretty good compared to most teams in Scotland.

Just think what the crowds would be like if the team was winning regularly and not losing on the first day of the season to teams like Dumbarton. Like it or not, it's results like that which sicken supporters, and does nothing to encourage wavering or lapsed fans back. I would hazard a guess that AS & LD are only too well aware of this obvious fact.

As far as getting behind the team is concerned - the previous poster's point. The fans will get behind the team if they are given something to shout about. For example, has anyone ever noticed how a packed away end at ER full of Hearts, Rangers, or Celtic supporters is always totally silent when Hibs are beating them?

Its a strange one isn't it. Crowds get more vocal when their team are scoring goals, fighting hard, and playing well.

If Hearts had the run of results (over the last few years) we have had, they would be hovering around 8-9K themselves.

Hibernia&Alba
29-08-2015, 10:19 AM
If we play well today and get the result, I'll be fulsome in my praise.

If we play badly and don't beat Raith, I'll be having a moan.

That's kind of the point of discussion forum, aye?

Scottie
29-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Bang on H&A :aok:

Smartie
29-08-2015, 10:49 AM

I think everyone is the same.

But what if

1. We play badly and win (again) or

2. We play well and don't win (again)?

Smartie
29-08-2015, 10:51 AM
I was out with my good lady wife last night and I had some real bitching threads on, whilst she thought I looked like a twat.

:top marks

Keith_M
29-08-2015, 10:59 AM

If that's you in your avatar, then I agree with your wife.

Hibernia&Alba
29-08-2015, 11:01 AM

But what if

Somewhere in between would seem reasonable, depending upon how well/badly we played.

Thecat23
29-08-2015, 11:05 AM

Exactly.

Thecat23
29-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Correct, when Hearts were playing under Potter years ago the crowds were under 10k. A winning team brings out fans as it's exciting to see your team do well. That's football, folk who keep blaming fans who have chucked it are totally wrong! Everyone is wired different and not everyone will throw money at a club to sit in the second tier of Scottish football. It's not cheap either.

Steve-O
29-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Hibs have been absolute guff for about 90% of the last 8 years so folk moaning is not surprising. That is all I have to say.

silverhibee
29-08-2015, 11:48 AM

From soft touches to serial killers. Great tactic. :greengrin

rcarter1
29-08-2015, 11:59 AM

But what if

If 1 happens, Ill be thankful for 3 points, but have a wee gripe that were still not playing to our potential, and hopefully hear some suggestions about what we weren't doing as effectively as we could.

If 2 happens, Ill suggest that playing well needs to be allied with goals otherwise its not actually playing well.
Or if we were robbed by absurd refereeing/5 shots off the bar, and three miracle strikes from the opposition, that the referee's bent, and that God is a Jambo, and therefore actually the Devil in a white robe.

bigwheel
29-08-2015, 12:01 PM
This thread has taken an amusing turn...people are now outlining their "moaning" tactics depending on the result....only Hibs surely! :greengrin

rcarter1
29-08-2015, 12:02 PM
This thread has taken an amusing turn...people are now outlining their "moaning" tactics depending on the result....only Hibs surely! :greengrin

Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best! :greengrin

The Green Goblin
29-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best! :greengrin

Prepare for that one result which means everything has finally changed and the corner has been turned.....and hope the inevitable kick in the stones it ends up being isn't too brutal.

Am I getting the hang of it? :devil:

Wull
29-08-2015, 12:18 PM

this is a post I like

rcarter1
29-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Prepare for that one result which will finally mean everything has changed and is better now....and hope the inevitable kick in the stones it ends up being isn't too brutal.

Am I getting the hang of it? :devil:

Thats how I see it. If we win 8-0, then everything will be better forever. Expect 1-1.

Keith_M
29-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Thats how I see it. If we win 8-0......

then some people will complain we didn't get ten,

...or moan about: loyalty points, the fans, the catering, the queue to get in, people leaving early, applauding an opposition player, the seagulls, the weather, the traffic, the queue to get out, the ticket office, petrie, misplaced passes, poor throw-ins, animated gifs, lack of animated gifs, DotNet being too slow, too many guests, the current shade of green on the strip, lack of standing areas, the club shop, price of entry, service in BTG............