PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Stranraer

Future17
26-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Oxley - 7 - Did OK, made one very good save in the first half. Not sure what's happened to his kicking though.

McGregor - 6 - Solid enough but not really tested.

Hanlon - 6 - As above.

Fontaine - 6 As above.

Stevenson - 7 - Got forward well but his crossing could have been better. Dwelt on the ball and lost possession a couple of times.

Fyvie - 6 - His passing was accurate but we need more from him now Allan has gone. Needs to find a role in the new look midfield and make it his own. Hope his injury isn't serious.

Henderson - 6 - The jury is still out for me. He obviously has ability and maybe just needs a run of games, but his decision-making needs to improve. We need the midfield to chip in with plenty of goals if we're to get promoted this season and, if that is to happen, he needs to work on his finishing.

McGinn - 8 - Played well tonight and looked like he's getting sharper with each game. Did well when in possession, but also worked hard hassling and tackling. My only criticism was he could have got himself a goal or two tonight if he was a bit sharper around the box.

McGeouch - 8 - Probably just pipped McGinn to MotM. Very determined, also available for a pass, bundles of energy and some great, direct running. If he adds goals to his game, he'll be worth a few quid come this summer or next.

Boyle - 6 - Worked hard, but ultimately was frustrating to watch for large parts of the game.

Cummings - 7 - Was unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions. I can't help but feel he would benefit massively from playing off a proper big-man. If we can't get Farid fit, Cummings could be the one who suffers most ironically. Hopefully he benefits from the presence of Keatings pressuring him for a starting place and that leads to an improvement in his finishing.

Carmichael - 5/6- Did some nice stuff, but he needs to either play on the right or learn to use his left foot. He actually took the pace and impetus out of a couple of promising looking attacks by cutting back onto his right foot.

Keatings - 6 - Good to see him play. Looked reasonably sharp and had some nice touches.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Oxley 7 - 1 save to make and it was a stunner.

McGreggor 6 - Ok defensively. Offered little going forward and should have been sent off.

Hanlon 6 - Rarely tested.

Fontaine 6 - Likewise.

Stevenson 5 - Fine defensively. Final ball was utterly woeful.

Fyvie 6 - Neat and tidy. Got forward well a few times but should be influencing games more.

McGeough 6 - Tried to make things happen but was so deep, was behind our centre backs at times.

Henderson 6 - Few nice touches but lacked composure at times.

McGinn 6 - Similar to McGeough, tried to make things happen but nothing came off and it was all too pedestrian.

Cummings 5 - Worked hard but nothing was created for him and when he did get in positions he's too determined to get on his left foot and that cost him more than one half chance tonight.

Boyle 5 - Similar to Jason but swap right foot for left.

dmc1875
26-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Oxley 7

mcgregor 6
hanlon 6
fontaine 6
stevenson 6

henderson 5
mcginn 5
mcgeough 7
fyvie 6
boyle 6

cummings 5

Vault Boy
26-08-2015, 09:55 PM
McGeouch given MOTM.

Jonnyboy
26-08-2015, 09:57 PM
McGeouch given MOTM.

Rightly so, IMO :agree:

The Harp Awakes
26-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Thought McGinn and McGeouch both played well for most of the match and tried hard to make things happen. The defence was solid without having much to do. Boyle and Cummings didn't pose much of a threat and Henderson struggled a bit.

Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from especially when teams sit in like Stranraer did tonight.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 09:59 PM
McGeouch given MOTM.

Not sure who else could have got it

hibeemikey21
26-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Quite surprised by the low marks for mcgregor. Thought he did very well tonight, considering it was his first game of the season.

lucky
26-08-2015, 10:01 PM
5.5 to everyone bar McGeough who gets a 6. Hibs were awful

Billy Whizz
26-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Quite surprised by the low marks for mcgregor. Thought he did very well tonight, considering it was his first game of the season.

I thought he was poor, but I'll put that down to lack of match practice. Thought he elbowed the Stranraer lad in the 2nd half

Dunbar Hibee
26-08-2015, 10:03 PM
5.5 to everyone bar McGeough who gets a 6. Hibs were awful

Would agree with this. Really poor tonight and trying to play the World Cup pass every time, and 9 times out of 10 went out of play. Would have like to seen a couple subs come on a bit earlier on.

Pretty Boy
26-08-2015, 10:05 PM
I thought he was poor, but I'll put that down to lack of match practice. Thought he elbowed the Stranraer lad in the 2nd half

He definitely did.

It was right in front of me and he turned to see where the guy was then smashed the elbow into his face. Totally out of order and how the linesman, who was 2 yards away max, missed it is beyond me. Lucky, lucky lad to stay on the park.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-08-2015, 10:10 PM
He definitely did.

It was right in front of me and he turned to see where the guy was then smashed the elbow into his face. Totally out of order and how the linesman, who was 2 yards away max, missed it is beyond me. Lucky, lucky lad to stay on the park.

And we nearly scored from his cross. He even seemed to stop expecting the ref to blow. I thought he played well tonight apart from that

southern hibby
26-08-2015, 10:27 PM

I agree thought he looked poor, also thought he must have thought he was still a The rangers player as he kept running towards the Stranraer Dutch strips lol

GGTTH

hibeemikey21
26-08-2015, 10:31 PM
I agree thought he looked poor, also thought he must have thought he was still a The rangers player as he kept running towards the Stranraer Dutch strips lol

GGTTH

I must have seen a different game. Thought he looked really solid tonight.

Mikey09
26-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Oxley... WOW!! Save of the century!! Future England no1. 10

McGregor... Powerhouse of a full back!! Overlaps the whole game and sensational crosses! 10
Hanlon... Commanding in the air and never gave Stranraer a sniff. 10
Fontaine... Cool, calm, assured performance from England's future captain! 12
Stevenson... This lads a player!! Up and down the left all night, whipping balls into dangerous areas. His 40 yard free kick was so unlucky to come off the bar! 10

Fyvie... Passing, probing, all round energetic performance. Xavi would be proud! 10
Hendo... Nobody could get near this kid tonight! Crazy to think he's still only 12 years old!! Future Scotland Under 16's Captain. 15
McGinn... All that practice running from the polis as a kid in Paisley has turned this lad into one of the greatest box to box players we will ever see. 12
McGouch... Comes deeper than a dwarf on a Swedish whore to start attacks. The Iniesta of Easter road. 69

Boyle... The flying squirrel was a joy to behold tonight! That mazy when he went past 56 players and cracked one off the bar was sensational!! 10
Cummings... Touch of some Angel delight. 4 goals disallowed for being too freakin good was bang out of order from the ref. Infinity...............................

PatHead
26-08-2015, 10:52 PM

McGregor... Powerhouse of a full back!! Overlaps the whole game and sensational crosses! 10
Stevenson... This lads a player!! Up and down the left all night, whipping balls into dangerous areas. His 40 yard free kick was so unlucky to come off the bar! 10

Fyvie... Passing, probing, all round energetic performance. Xavi would be proud! 10
Hendo... Nobody could get near this kid tonight! Crazy to think he's still only 12 years old!! Future Scotland Under 16's Captain. 15
McGinn... All that practice running from the polis as a kid in Paisley has turned this lad into one of the greatest box to box players we will ever see. 12
McGouch... Comes deeper than a dwarf on a Swedish whore to start attacks. The Iniesta of Easter road. 69

Boyle... The flying squirrel was a joy to behold tonight! That mazy when he went past 56 players and cracked one off the bar was sensational!! 10
Cummings... Touch of some Angel delight. 4 goals disallowed for being too freakin good was bang out of order from the ref. Infinity...............................

You could have just said you weren't at the game:greengrin

SaulGoodman
26-08-2015, 10:58 PM

The passive aggressiveness coming from this post is almost leaking out of my phone.

Real Emerald
26-08-2015, 10:58 PM

He did and it looked deliberate to me. We would have been screaming for a red card had it been the other way about. It also took my mind off Fountains missed header from the cross, horrendous!

GreenCastle
26-08-2015, 11:14 PM

:top marks:greengrin

Vault Boy
26-08-2015, 11:23 PM

11/10 would read again.

Jones28
26-08-2015, 11:27 PM

Post of the year!

Smartie
26-08-2015, 11:32 PM

I thought McGregor had a really solid game too - I'm surprised he's getting low marks from anyone.

I've also had a wee nosey on Rangers Media from time to time over the past few days and they seemed to think his pace, mobility and fitness were issues behind him being emptied at Rangers. Well he looked fit enough to me, did a great job of motoring up and down that line. I thought his fitness levels put a few others to shame to be honest but I suppose that's another story.

I went on a wee holiday to the West Stand tonight so didn't see any elbow whatsoever. The ref and linesman missed the most blatant tug on a player from Fyvie during the first half that I have ever seen though - right in front of them both too. The Stranraer player was absolutely raging and rightly so! Hilarious.

Boyle89
26-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Oxley and mcgeouch 7
McGinn, Fontaine, hanlon 6
Cummings 4
Rest 5s.

Mikey09
26-08-2015, 11:41 PM
You could have just said you weren't at the game:greengrin

Wasn't at the game... So made up my own game to score the players on. Wednesday back shifts are boring... Not much to do. :greengrin

Centre Hawf
26-08-2015, 11:42 PM

:top marksReading this was genuinely better than the game tonight.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Oxley ............. 8 .......... Very little to do, but when he did he pulled off a world class save.

McGregor ..... 6 .... Got up and down pretty well and tried hard ... Should have been sent off no doubt about it.

Hanlon ........ 6 ..... solid under little pressure

Fontaine ....... 6 ..... Same as Hanlon, won pretty well every ball that came his way.

Stevenson ...... 5 .... His inability to get past his man at this level doesn't help the forwards one bit.

McGinn .....6 ...... Played pretty well, neat and tidy.

Fyvie........6 ...... He wasn't very affective, but he certainly doesn't hide, was on the ball constantly in the first half.

McGeough ...... 7 ...... The pick of the midfield, but I cant understand why he was so deep all the time when he is the one midfielder capable of bursting into the box with the ball.

Henderson .... 5 .... I was looking to him as the player who might have the guile to unlock their back line .... he wasn't, he did ok, but just ok.

Boyle ..... 5 ...... Pretty anonymous really.

Cummings ..... 6 ...... He sometimes dithers a bit and loses chances as a result, but the lack of service to him was evident, how can you score without service, unless you are Leigh Griffiths ... which he aint.

Subs:

Carmichael ..... 5 .... Just like Stevenson he didn't beat his man and kept turning into the midfield, losing any momentum we may have gained.

Keatings ...... 4 .... No time to make an impact.

KiddA
27-08-2015, 12:33 AM

:top marks:scarf:

fulshie
27-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Goalie and defence played well but only tested once (great save). Midfield so-so (McGeoch standout, Henderson needs to get into gym). Cummings did okay. Sum up, deserved to win but didn't create enough chances v's possession we had.

Septimus
27-08-2015, 05:57 AM
The goal came from a cut back from the bye line. We need more wing play to get through these packed defences.

percy veer
27-08-2015, 07:25 AM
He definitely did.

Perhaps we should all inform the compliance officer and dob in our own player jeez

HappyHanlon
27-08-2015, 07:34 AM
McGeouch 6.5
Oxley 6
Rest of the squad 5

We should have won that more convincing. Far too slow. No urgency to get forward and have a right good go.

Better get a Premiership team next round - maybe then we'll see speed and urgency!

Pretty Boy
27-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Perhaps we should all inform the compliance officer and dob in our own player jeez

Perhaps we shouldn't discuss any talking point in a match in case it has some adverse effect further down the line. I'll mention it to the admins and we'll just let the server bill slide this month and close the site on Monday.

I mentioned it because it was utter stupidity that could well have seen us down to 10 men in a game in which we were huffing and puffing to little avail anyway. If the compliance officer has nothing better to do than trawl hibs.net hoping to pick up a job added to the 'trial by Sportscene' allegations that are often made then I dare say our game is in far worse shape than I feared.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2015, 07:52 AM

Yep let's stop talking about any decisions during any game just in case we drop ourselves in it. However I remember how a massive decision in the cup final was discussed to death on here and then we were awarded the cup.........the power of .net eh!

familyman
27-08-2015, 07:52 AM
The goal came from a cut back from the bye line. We need more wing play to get through these packed defences.
Stevenson still shows far too much hesitation, you can see he is in two minds too often...
We still need that ruthless streak and need to winning and scoring like Rangers....time to get that sorted is almost overdue by now......defence though far more impressive with Dylan outstanding.

erin go bragh
27-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Ox gets a 8 ( what a save )
McGregor 6 ( lucky to stay on )
Hanlon 6
Fontaine 6
Stevenson 5 ( we need a lb that can beat a man and cross )
McGeuch 7
McGinn 7
Fyvie 6
Boyle 6
Cummings 5

Carmichael 5 ( thought he looked lively for the first 5 mins )
Keatings 4 ( not enough time ,poor free kick )
343 should have been our formation last night .

GGTTH

BSEJVT
27-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Player ratings

Oxley 7 nothing to do except a brilliant save

McGregor 6 Jordan Forster MK 2 strong enough but limited ability

Stevenson 5 willing but some really awful touches

Hanlon 6 What I would give for a central defender that actually attacked the ball

Fontaine 6 What I would give for a central defender that actually attacked the ball

Fyvie 6 Other than his making the goal very disappointing

Henderson 6 Blowing out his arse, early days but nothing to justify over hype

McGinn 7 hates a tackle but wasteful in possession and miles off fitness

McGeouch 8 light years better than anything else we have , with bags more desire

Boyle 6 Can run quite quickly but needs to lift head and also stop snatching at chances

Cummings 7 improving all the time, touch and awareness have improved since I last saw him

Subs

Carmichael 5 Small, skilful enough but looked like a lost boy in midfield

Keatings no time to show anything