PDA

View Full Version : Daily record in false headline shocker

CallumLaidlaw
19-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Not like the record to sensationalise a quote in an attempt to mix things up for Sunday :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-stubbs-stokes-up-ahead-6281281

Tinribs
19-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Not like the record to sensationalise a quote in an attempt to mix things up for Sunday :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-stubbs-stokes-up-ahead-6281281

That really is a filthy rag, as are all red-tops to be fair. Hope we spank the Huns and see what drivel they use as an excuse.

fishybeaver
19-08-2015, 10:22 PM
That really is a filthy rag, as are all red-tops to be fair. Hope we spank the Huns and see what drivel they use as an excuse.
Stubbs getting under there skin can only be a good thing!

LaMotta
19-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Notice they dont have the balls to put a name to the article.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2015, 10:40 PM

I watched Stubbs interview on Hibs TV earlier tonight, and Stubbs not once mentioned Warburton. Looks like the DR are Hibs TV subscribers

#FromTheCapital
19-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Not buying the daily record is a "very easy" choice to make.

Vault Boy
19-08-2015, 10:52 PM
I watched Stubbs interview on Hibs TV earlier tonight, and Stubbs not once mentioned Warburton. Looks like the DR are Hibs TV subscribers

He said it in the full version on HTV. The context, that is obviously missing in the rag, was Stubbs saying that Rangers have signed some very good players and are stronger than this time last year, but we shouldn't forget that they have spent a lot of money and that makes it far easier to build a new squad. Which is rather self evident. Breaking headline news... Manager states fact.

GreenCastle
19-08-2015, 10:55 PM
On STV sport site now that Warburton has told Stubbs to shut up !

This Warburton guy is fast becoming someone who comes across very smug and I would love for us to get a result Sunday to see how he takes the defeat.

Ozyhibby
19-08-2015, 11:31 PM
http://plzsoccer.com/news/warburton-warns-stubbs-concentrate-on-your-own-club/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Wheat Hound
19-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Good, Stubbsy is clearly getting to the Stock Exchange tea boy.....what an easy bite!

Bad Habits
19-08-2015, 11:36 PM
"I would suggest that any manager without the facts keeps his mouth shut"

The irony....

lord bunberry
20-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Why do we even allow that rag anywhere near Easter Road? I'd ban them.

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2015, 01:24 AM
Why do we even allow that rag anywhere near Easter Road? I'd ban them.

I'm sure JC banned them. Hibs would have our support in doing so.

jacomo
20-08-2015, 01:45 AM
"I would suggest that any manager without the facts keeps his mouth shut"

The irony....

Ha ha dry yer eyes, sliced loaf.

An easy bite indeed.

Steve20
20-08-2015, 02:20 AM
I'd say it should be pretty easy for a Hibs manager to get out this league at two attempts. Hope I'm right, Stubbs.

greenlex
20-08-2015, 02:33 AM
I'd say it should be pretty easy for a Hibs manager to get out this league at two attempts. Hope I'm right, Stubbs.

Care to elaborate? Why should this be easy either last season or this?

flash
20-08-2015, 05:01 AM

You really don't like Hibs.

Onion
20-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Expect much more of this type of stuff. Hibs gave the Huns and the media a bloody nose with the SA affair, and this is them just trying to get their own back.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2015, 05:46 AM

Hope all the boycotters remembered not to click through...

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2015, 05:50 AM
Notice they dont have the balls to put a name to the article.

They did that also in the article after Hugh Dallas OF game where he got hit by a coin - showed his car, license plate and stated where he lived - cowards every one of them.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2015, 05:55 AM
That warburton really is a thick cut.

Waxy
20-08-2015, 05:55 AM
Could someone put the article on here for us boycotters please?

Weststandwanab
20-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Could someone put the article on here for us boycotters please?

Or maybe don't as that would constitute reading that rag's bile.

JimBHibees
20-08-2015, 06:26 AM

Any other seasons yes with Hearts and Rangers and now Rangers quite simply nonsense.

keep the faith
20-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Hope all the boycotters remembered not to click through...

Exactly. Advocating a boycott then clicking on the link is pointless.

Future17
20-08-2015, 07:03 AM

Any other seasons yes with Hearts and Rangers and now Rangers quite simply nonsense.

"Easy" is perhaps overstating it, but failing to get promoted two seasons in a row should probably mean the end of any manager at Hibs in the current climate.

Stubbs did reasonably well to finish 2nd last season but then blew it in the playoffs before we even made the final. We should finish 2nd this season and the expectation has to be that, by that time, he will have built a team that beats the 3/4th place team and then the Premiership's 2nd bottom team over two legs.

If he can't do it this year, I don't really see why we would give him a third shot.

#FromTheCapital
20-08-2015, 07:15 AM
http://bit.ly/1TY2LuT

Warbutons response.

Favourite Quote: "I'm not the brightest man in the world but it will take a lot more than that to wind me up" , immediately following a bitter rant which clearly demonstrates that he's been wound up.

No, you're certainly not the brightest Mark.

Hank Schrader
20-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Hank Schrader
20-08-2015, 07:20 AM

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 07:25 AM

Warbutons response.

Favourite Quote: "I'm not the brightest man in the world but it will take a lot more than that to wind me up" , immediately following a bitter rant which clearly demonstrates that he's been wound up.

Yet all the Hun hoards are lauding him as a cross between Alex Ferguson & Jose Mourinho. Yes you are correct Mark, managers really should check the facts, like what Stubbs actually said

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Would it be possible to actually discuss Warburton & the media rather than yet again turning it anti-Stubbs?

whiskyhibby
20-08-2015, 07:27 AM

[emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R'Albin
20-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Any chance we could start copy and pasting these into the OP instead of giving the DR hits?

marinello59
20-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Any chance we could start copy and pasting these into the OP instead of giving the DR hits?

Copyright?

R'Albin
20-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Copyright?

Oh. Probably not worth Hibs.net getting sued :greengrin

Jim44
20-08-2015, 07:58 AM
What's the gen on this boycott thing? I can understand that you would boycott the DR by not giving cash for the rag and not giving hits on their website. Surely a big reason would be not to actually read the crap they write. Why then ask someone else to break the boycott so we can all read the crap we don't want to read.:confused:

Waxy
20-08-2015, 08:36 AM
What's the gen on this boycott thing? I can understand that you would boycott the DR by not giving cash for the rag and not giving hits on their website. Surely a big reason would be not to actually read the crap they write. Why then ask someone else to break the boycott so we can all read the crap we don't want to read.:confused:Morbid curiosity.

R'Albin
20-08-2015, 10:26 AM
What's the gen on this boycott thing? I can understand that you would boycott the DR by not giving cash for the rag and not giving hits on their website. Surely a big reason would be not to actually read the crap they write. Why then ask someone else to break the boycott so we can all read the crap we don't want to read.:confused:

My thinking was if it was in the OP then it would mean most folk clicking on the thread would read it in the OP instead of clicking the link. To be honest, it makes absolutely no difference anyway - there will always be plenty of Huns lapping this up and giving them hits.

MrSmith
20-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Don't copy the article and paste it here! They are rubbish and last thing we want to give them is free publicity! That's how they fund their rubbishness!!!!

JimBHibees
20-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Can someone outline what the gist of the story is? What is warburton having a pop at Stubbsy about?

CallumLaidlaw
20-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Can someone outline what the gist of the story is? What is warburton having a pop at Stubbsy about?

In his HibsTV interview, stubbs was asked about rangers, and he said they are a different team from last year and are much improved. He said thats its easy to improve your squad when you have money to spend, but that rangers have signed good players.

The papers have gone with a headline of "stubbs says warburton has an easy job"

So obviously they've then asked Warburton "whats your thoughts on stubbs saying you have an easy job" (not what he said). Warburton hasnt checked what stubbs actually said and said that stubbs should keep his mouth shut when he doesnt have the facts. Very ironic

JimBHibees
20-08-2015, 11:46 AM
In his HibsTV interview, stubbs was asked about rangers, and he said they are a different team from last year and are much improved. He said thats its easy to improve your squad when you have money to spend, but that rangers have signed good players.

The papers have gone with a headline of "stubbs says warburton has an easy job"

So obviously they've then asked Warburton "whats your thoughts on stubbs saying you have an easy job" (not what he said). Warburton hasnt checked what stubbs actuaklly said and siad stubbs should keep his mouth shut when he doesnt have the facts. Very ironic

Typical weegie propoganda. Hope we horse them on Sunday. Score the first goal and different game.

Jim44
20-08-2015, 12:42 PM
The DR is out of order in the spin they have put on Stubb's statement. Stubb's observation is true and non- confrontational but it works both ways and I hope that the cash received for SA will enable him to find one or two players to help our cause.

Gatecrasher
20-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Neil McAnn and Jim white going full hump rangers leg mode on SSN

emerald green
20-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Half loaf has been in the Sevco job for a few weeks and already he's telling another club manager (not to his face of course) to shut his mouth.

It didn't take half loaf very long to get into the Greyskull "big shot" mentality.

Stokesy's on fire
20-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Warbutons response.

They really have landed up with a roaster again. Can't see them getting out of the championship next season either more so with a thick **** like him in charge.

Canon Hannan
20-08-2015, 06:16 PM
My son plays football beside SEVCO defender Tavarniers brother - any polite messages for me to pass on?

Stevie Reid
20-08-2015, 11:23 PM
The first time I ever saw Warburton and heard him speak was on the Football League Show last season - he was a guest panelist, and it had just been confirmed that he was losing his job at Brentford at the end of the season, despite doing a fantastic job there, and the decision being considered a pretty ridiculous one.

He spoke so well and so respectively about the club and the owner who had emptied him, as he did about the other clubs whose highlights he was analysing - in short, he came across as a very impressive character.

The first time he got asked about Scott Allan I though he came across pretty well, but in each successive interview my opinion lowered more and more. This latest one shows him up to be a complete ********. Whether those are his true colours - or it's simply managing such an odious club that's brought it out - I neither know nor care.

In full on Keegan style, I would ****ing love it if we beat them on Sunday.

bill the hibby
21-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Don't see the problem with what stubbs has said, warburtons job is easy this season. Give us the huns' budget and we'd win the league at a canter

Future17
21-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Don't see the problem with what stubbs has said, warburtons job is easy this season. Give us the huns' budget and we'd win the league at a canter

Looking at the respective squads (and this summer's transfer activity) I'm not convinced that budget is such a big factor.

Therangers have signed 7 players I think; Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Halliday, Holt and Waghorn. Three of those seven were free transfers and the remaining fees were undisclosed or still to be confirmed, however, I don't think any of those players arrived with such a reputation or pedigree that they would have been outwith Hibs' budget in terms of wages. In fact, we were linked with a couple and I doubt it was financial reasons that swung their decisions to join therangers if indeed Hibs were an option. They've also signed a couple of players on loan from Spurs, but I think it's unlikely they've paid a fee for them.

Other than those new players, I think the only therangers player who would potentially have got into the Hibs team based on last season's performances would have been Wallace and, although, he is probably on a very high wage, that is a hangover from the pre-Sevco regime.

This summer Hibs have signed 8 players; Oxley, Reguero, Fontaine, Bartley, McGinn, Carmichael, Keatings and Boyle. We've also signed Henderson on loan. Seven of these players were free transfers and I'm not sure how much we agreed to pay for McGinn in the end. Unlike therangers, we've also sold a player this summer and it remains to be seen how much that deal will be worth and whether the money received will be reinvested in the playing squad this summer.

Based on the above, I don't think there's much evidence to suggest that therangers have significantly outspent us this season so far. Their embarrassing pursuit of Scott Allan would appear to suggest they don't have as much money to spend as is being suggested.

It is very early days in the title race and I'm retaining a hope that we might run them close this season. However, as much as I despise them, it can't be denied that therangers have looked impressive so far this season while Hibs have not. They've recruited well and it appears that Warburton has had success using his knowledge and contacts from his time at Brentford. However, on the evidence of what I've seen so far, I think only Waghorn, Tavernier and possibly Wilson would be guaranteed starters at Hibs.

I think what they do have is a good manager using positive tactics which appear to have been successfully implemented on the training ground. If therangers do beat Hibs to the title this season, I don't think we can use budget as an excuse.

CallumLaidlaw
21-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Looking at the respective squads (and this summer's transfer activity) I'm not convinced that budget is such a big factor.

Therangers have signed 7 players I think; Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Halliday, Holt and Waghorn. Three of those seven were free transfers and the remaining fees were undisclosed or still to be confirmed, however, I don't think any of those players arrived with such a reputation or pedigree that they would have been outwith Hibs' budget in terms of wages. In fact, we were linked with a couple and I doubt it was financial reasons that swung their decisions to join therangers if indeed Hibs were an option. They've also signed a couple of players on loan from Spurs, but I think it's unlikely they've paid a fee for them.

Other than those new players, I think the only therangers player who would potentially have got into the Hibs team based on last season's performances would have been Wallace and, although, he is probably on a very high wage, that is a hangover from the pre-Sevco regime.

This summer Hibs have signed 8 players; Oxley, Reguero, Fontaine, Bartley, McGinn, Carmichael, Keatings and Boyle. We've also signed Henderson on loan. Seven of these players were free transfers and I'm not sure how much we agreed to pay for McGinn in the end. Unlike therangers, we've also sold a player this summer and it remains to be seen how much that deal will be worth and whether the money received will be reinvested in the playing squad this summer.

Based on the above, I don't think there's much evidence to suggest that therangers have significantly outspent us this season so far. Their embarrassing pursuit of Scott Allan would appear to suggest they don't have as much money to spend as is being suggested.

It is very early days in the title race and I'm retaining a hope that we might run them close this season. However, as much as I despise them, it can't be denied that therangers have looked impressive so far this season while Hibs have not. They've recruited well and it appears that Warburton has had success using his knowledge and contacts from his time at Brentford. However, on the evidence of what I've seen so far, I think only Waghorn, Tavernier and possibly Wilson would be guaranteed starters at Hibs.

I think what they do have is a good manager using positive tactics which appear to have been successfully implemented on the training ground. If therangers do beat Hibs to the title this season, I don't think we can use budget as an excuse.

I get your point, but of the 7 Rangers players, I bet every one bar maybe holt is on at least triple the top earner at Hibs. Holt probably still double. 3 of them they paid around £200k each for apparently, and I bet they all received rather large signing on fees, particularly Foderingham & Wilson.
Would these players have gone to Rangers if it wasnt for the big signing on fees & inflated wage? absolutely not.
I'm still not totally convinced they wanted Scott Allan anyway. They didn't want us to have him - and that cost them nothing. They certainly didnt seem to haggle too much with Wigan for the 3 lads from there.

bill the hibby
21-08-2015, 09:44 AM

Yea by budget I don't mean money spent but I mean wages. There's no doubt the ayers Rangers have brought in will be on a much higher wage than the players we've brought in. they have made good signings but signings they wouldn't have been able to make if it wasn't for the moneya

GreenCastle
21-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Stubbs just been on Sky Sports News - basically saying the bread man misunderstood the comments - but it's a fact Sevco are paying more for wages. :greengrin:top marks

Last season anyway -

Hibs wage bill - £3.3 million

Sevco wage bill - £13.1 million

From the companies House Reports

lord bunberry
21-08-2015, 09:53 AM
The first time I ever saw Warburton and heard him speak was on the Football League Show last season - he was a guest panelist, and it had just been confirmed that he was losing his job at Brentford at the end of the season, despite doing a fantastic job there, and the decision being considered a pretty ridiculous one.

He spoke so well and so respectively about the club and the owner who had emptied him, as he did about the other clubs whose highlights he was analysing - in short, he came across as a very impressive character.

The first time he got asked about Scott Allan I though he came across pretty well, but in each successive interview my opinion lowered more and more. This latest one shows him up to be a complete ********. Whether those are his true colours - or it's simply managing such an odious club that's brought it out - I neither know nor care.

In full on Keegan style, I would ****ing love it if we beat them on Sunday.
I believe this is known as Govan Syndrome.

Onion
21-08-2015, 10:54 AM

:top marks Exactly, but that doesn't suit the wc media's agenda, or Warburton's clumsy response. Warburton talking about Real and ManU is just plain stupid. Fact is Sevco are in the Scottish 2nd devision with a bigger player budget than all the other clubs in the league (put together !). Not quite the same challenge or pressure as winning the EPL at ManU or the CL at Real Madrid, is it Mark ? :roll eyes:

We need to accept that Sevco, Warburton and the wc media are hurting bad over the SA embarrassment, and will manufacture any situation to score points. Sad peepul.

CallumLaidlaw
21-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Good comments from AS - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9959078/alan-stubbs-stands-by-comments-about-rangers-boss-mark-warburton

MKHIBEE
21-08-2015, 02:47 PM
How thick can people be? Luke Shanley is still implying that Stubbs said the baker has an easy job, despite AS saying otherwise and evidence to suggest that he did not say that. Mr Pilsbury has chosen to ignore Stubbs latest comments and declare the matter closed without even a nod to the truth. GIRFUY

givescotlandfreedom
21-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Good comments from AS - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9959078/alan-stubbs-stands-by-comments-about-rangers-boss-mark-warburton

AS isn't afraid to stand up for himself. Good to see.