:agree::thumbsup::flag:

mim
15-08-2015, 04:40 PM
He's a standout. :flag:

CelticEnd
15-08-2015, 04:40 PM
....he's gonna be a good one folks!!

Genuinely think he'll go onto be a better player than Allan.

He is quite similar to Armstrong.

By the end of the season he could be the best player in the Championship. Very few other guys at that level could hold their own in the Celtic/Rosenborg squads.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2015, 04:43 PM
One word.

Impressed.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 04:46 PM
What impressed me most was a couple of times when he lost the ball he showed real determination to win it back and I think he did so on both ocassions.

Contrast that with Allan, fine player though he was, who would often lose the ball and stroll back hands on hips meaning other nidfielders couldn't commit to support.

aljo7-0
15-08-2015, 04:48 PM
What impressed me most was a couple of times when he lost the ball he showed real determination to win it back and I think he did so on both ocassions.

Contrast that with Allan, fine player though he was, who would often lose the ball and stroll back hands on hips meaning other nidfielders couldn't commit to support.

:agree: Yup - spot on.

MSK
15-08-2015, 04:50 PM
For a tall laddie his ball control is superb, gonna be a cracking addition

Thecat23
15-08-2015, 04:50 PM
This boy is a player!

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2015, 04:52 PM
It's amazing. He stands out purely because he works hard, unlike the rest of the hibs team who were not prepared to graft for a second ball.
Very good three points today but they really should be embarrassed by that performance.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

SaulGoodman
15-08-2015, 04:53 PM
It's amazing. He stands out purely because he works hard, unlike the rest of the hibs team who were not prepared to graft for a second ball.
Very good three points today but they really should be embarrassed by that performance.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Well done you. Turning a positive thread into a negative one.

Thecat23
15-08-2015, 04:55 PM

First half I thought we struggled but the second half performance was very good. Worked hard and tried to break down 11 men behind the ball. Think your being harsh to be fair!

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Looked very good!
I struggle when a midfielder plays number 3 though [emoji16]

Brightside
15-08-2015, 05:01 PM
....he's gonna be a good one folks!!

As i said in the match thread he was the best player on the park when he came on. Id like to see him as the drive in midfield rather than out wide. He tackles well, and isn't taken off the ball. For me he will be more important to us that Allan

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2015, 05:02 PM
First half I thought we struggled but the second half performance was very good. Worked hard and tried to break down 11 men behind the ball. Think your being harsh to be fair!

I agree TC...poor and laboured 1st half but thought we were decent 2nd half and pretty much controlled the match. Very
harsh to be fair...hardly embarrassing

SteveHFC
15-08-2015, 05:02 PM
:thumbsup:

Andy74
15-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Nice to see the centre midfield school being rebuilt! Odd to have so many decent central options but little cover elsewhere.

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Good signs, made a few decent passes look simple.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I agree TC...poor and laboured 1st half but thought we were decent 2nd half and pretty much controlled the match. Very
harsh to be fair...hardly embarrassing

I think we will control the majority of our matches. We will have to find a way to finish teams off though. Today was unnecessarily nerve shredding for the last ten mins.

SteveHFC
15-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Fancy Henderson to score next week at Ibrox just for the seething. :aok:

Heisenberg
15-08-2015, 05:17 PM
We won't miss Allan too much IMO. Henderson looks the part, goes forward when he gets the ball and plays a pass with a bit of pace and purpose. Looking forward to seeing more from him.

Ringothedog
15-08-2015, 05:21 PM
I think we will control the majority of our matches. We will have to find a way to finish teams off though. Today was unnecessarily nerve shredding for the last ten mins.

The last 10 were the most relaxed I was at the game. Opinions eh ?

oldbutdim
15-08-2015, 05:23 PM

Any particular reason that you include this in your post every time?

It spoils the effect of your message because it makes me laugh so much.

California-Hibs
15-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Fancy Henderson to score next week at Ibrox just for the seething. :aok:

Could you imagine.... :tee hee::pray:

emerald green
15-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Henderson looked like an excellent footballer. How strong must Sellick's squad be if they can afford to let a player like this go out on loan?

Calum68
15-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Henderson looked like an excellent footballer. How strong must Sellick's squad be if they can afford to let a player like this go out on loan?

I agree. Just wonder if they have a centre half and a forward the can loan us too.

15-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Looks a player to me! Very good first impression!

:flag:

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-08-2015, 05:42 PM
He'll be a very good player for Hibs this season. Not a great team performance today but a wins a win.

emerald green
15-08-2015, 06:00 PM
I agree. Just wonder if they have a centre half and a forward the can loan us too.

What about Leigh Griffiths? :wink:

lucky
15-08-2015, 06:03 PM
He looks a player. But not sure where all our midfielders fit in.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2015, 06:03 PM

Away you go. Very little to be positive today after watching is struggle to beat Greenock Morton 1-0. To avoid this going further I'll have my aspirations you can have yours.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2015, 06:04 PM

I think it's a signature I set, classic Alan partridge but I'm unsure how to get rid.....

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Possibly TC. I just felt bored the whole game, this thread is about Henderson though and he did look class, I was very impressed. He'll be a big player for us this year. Was equally impressed with McGinn as well.

Alfred E Newman
15-08-2015, 06:07 PM

He is tall and not easily knocked off the ball. It would be nice if we could produce a similar player through the ranks.

ManBearPig
15-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Thought what little I saw of him today he looks very very useful. Strong, tall and a bit of pace about him also has an eye for a pass, think he could be important to us this season.

livi hibs 1875
15-08-2015, 06:21 PM
He is tall and not easily knocked off the ball. It would be nice if we could produce a similar player through the ranks.

I'm sure we can manage to get the tall bit as for the other bit , who knows

theonlywayisup
15-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Thought what little I saw of him today he looks very very useful. Strong, tall and a bit of pace about him also has an eye for a pass, think he could be important to us this season.

Merge with other thread :cb

SaulGoodman
15-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Away you go. Very little to be positive today after watching is struggle to beat Greenock Morton 1-0. To avoid this going further I'll have my aspirations you can have yours.

I'm not arguing about that. I just don't see where it fits in this thread.

Greenblood70
15-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Very impressive cameo, can pick a pass, great close control, turns his man at will...as others have suggested would love to see him centrally as our creative hub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyM_1875
15-08-2015, 06:49 PM

Careful what you wish for. Before you know it Efe Ambrose will be running out at ER.:greengrin

Leith Green
15-08-2015, 06:50 PM
For a tall laddie his ball control is superb, gonna be a cracking addition

Without having seen him in the flesh, he sounds like a young Stephen Pearson type of player...

MSK
15-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Without having seen him in the flesh, he sounds like a young Stephen Pearson type of player...Seemed a very confident lad, quick feet, direct and not scared to put in a tackle, all good, Celtic have a player there, and for this season could be a big player for us, early doors but thus far, an excellent debut

Leith Green
15-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Seemed a very confident lad, quick feet, direct and not scared to put in a tackle, all good, Celtic have a player there, and for this season could be a big player for us, early doors but thus far, an excellent debut

Sounds good, hopefully his direct style of play will help with the tempo of the team in the final 3rd. If it does then it would arguably make us a better team than with allan in there.

Gmack7
15-08-2015, 07:06 PM
He looks a player. But not sure where all our midfielders fit in.
:agree:and this is why i don't think we should be desperate for Dylan,there are other areas which we need to strengthen

TrinityHibs
15-08-2015, 07:08 PM
He can play. Best introduction I have seen

Roxyhibee
15-08-2015, 10:29 PM
This young man has obvious genuine quality. Brought on 20 minutes before the end of a p!sh team performance and did everything he could to get onto the end of wild passes in his vicinity and use the ball as effectively as he could.

He's already looking like a mature pro - the way he fully committed into that crunching tackle and walked quietly away with no sense of drama to the other side of the pitch to wait for play to restart tells you a lot about the type of player he intends to be..

Graceful, strong, clever, skilful - looking like a young Darren Fletcher - not sure Celtic will hold onto him in a few years if this is him at 19.!

Give us us a year of this Liam and you'll walk away from Easter Road a hero..

Hope Stubbs already has him in his plans for next week.

bookert
15-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Looked very good, and I think him, mcginn and Fyvie will do well as a combination for us.

GlasgowHibee
16-08-2015, 03:08 AM
Looked very good, shame he isn't a permanent signing.

GreenLake
16-08-2015, 04:11 AM
His performance and Cumming's were the only highlights for me.

Dismal, grim football more or less enforced by the horrible refereeing which allowed clattering from the back and persistent late challenges.

Getting results while playing ***** is a welcome change though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-08-2015, 10:01 AM

You're easily amused.

Bayern Bru
16-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Lot of Celtic fans a bit annoyed / mystified by us getting Henderson. Many of them thought and indeed would have preferred us to get the lad McGregor as they feel Henderson is more of a prospect.

Also, and this surprised me, McGregor is already 22.

ancient hibee
16-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Must play in the centre of midfield-wasted out wide.

Ronniekirk
16-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Lot of Celtic fans a bit annoyed / mystified by us getting Henderson. Many of them thought and indeed would have preferred us to get the lad McGregor as they feel Henderson is more of a prospect.

Also, and this surprised me, McGregor is already 22.

On yesterday's brief appearance I can see why some of their fans may be annoyed but the Celtic a Manager is clear he is a prospect but not yet ready to play significant role in his first team plans .

So I think he wants to see how he fares week in week out in Championship He has given him a new contract so if he shows up well for us hecould be playing his way into the Celtic first team squad next season so big incentive for the lad

Thought he was confident ,not afraid to go into tackle hard , had a great first touch and on occasion was prepared to drive at players and take them on and for a youngg player he looks strong .

The issue for us now is how best to utilise all these midfield players as yesterday bringing in so many new players resulted not surprisingly in a lack of cohesion and we didn't look like a team .
Although once Cummings came on and lifted things we looked a different proposition

encouraging signs but it's going to take a few week to get us firing on all cylinders

overdrive
16-08-2015, 10:46 AM
He reminds me a wee bit of Stephen Pearson when he was decent. Similar style of play. Although I think Henderson will probably have a better career.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2015, 08:34 PM
Good 1st appearance for Hibs, got the fans on his side with some great runs and tackles.
Just watched a short interview on Hibs TV, where he said his grandad is a Hibs fan

O'Rourke3
16-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Good 1st appearance for Hibs, got the fans on his side with some great runs and tackles.
Just watched a short interview on Hibs TV, where he said his grandad is a Hibs fan
Of course he could be talking about his dad's dad but his maternal grandfather is Thomson Allen.

Theinsider
16-08-2015, 08:56 PM

Right if he has Hibees in his family we should use the SA money to sign this guy......:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
17-08-2015, 01:02 PM
This thread reminds me of the Victor Palsson thread after his debut.:cb:wink:

1van Sprou7e
17-08-2015, 01:14 PM
This thread reminds me of the Victor Palsson thread after his debut.:cb:wink:

He's still only 24!

Don't know why but I was shocked to find this out

theonlywayisup
19-08-2015, 02:41 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-henderson-easter-road-loan-6275892

LIAM HENDERSON has revealed how his loan switch to Easter Road has left his Hibs-supporting grandad over the moon.
The 19-year-old was loaned out by Celtic for the season after they sealed a deal for Hibs playmaker Scott Allan.
Henderson made his debut in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Morton and nobody was prouder than grandpa Sandy Henderson.
The midfielder, who was brought up in East Lothian, said: “My grandad’s over the moon that I’m a Hibs player and my two little brothers and my dad were at the game on Saturday.
“I’ve been to Easter Road a few times with my grandad because he’s a Hibs fan. It has always been a local club and I’ve wanted them to do well when I’ve watched them on the TV – so it’s great to be playing here.”
Easter Road boss Alan Stubbs has been trying to land Henderson on loan since January and the youngster revealed he sought the advice of Hoops skipper Scott Brown before sealing the deal.
Brown started his career with the Hibees and Henderson said: “Scott told me it’s a great club and that Alan Stubbs will be a great manager for me.”
Meanwhile, Hibs have handed freed St Johnstone midfielder Dylan Easton, 21, a chance to win a contract during a trial period.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Clearly a talented laddie but his inexperience clearly told in his finishing yesterday. Composure something he needs to work on.

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Clearly a talented laddie but his inexperience clearly told in his finishing yesterday. Composure something he needs to work on.

Agree as I am sure he knows himself he should have done better with particularly the first chance in saying that a better pass would have helped IMO. Looked good though and will score a few i reckon. Will only get better with games.

hibs0666
24-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Henderson was head and shoulders the best player on the park in the first half - second half he found the going a lot tougher as he tired.

We're going to enjoy him this season I'm sure.

familyman
24-08-2015, 09:48 AM
It happens far far too often PUT THE BALL IN THE NET or we get nowhere...
simple.
Otherwise we do well .Malonga as I keep saying is not the man for the job...no target man.
If we get another fit striker then we can get going at long last..no play offs please.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 09:54 AM
A very good footballer. Got tired in the 2nd half...and the pressure got to him with the chances he had.

SlickShoes
24-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I thought Henderson and McGinn were our best players yesterday.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Bar Hanlon obv.....who was the best player on the park. :wink:

JimBHibees
24-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Bar Hanlon obv.....who was the best player on the park. :wink:

Apart from his tactical kicking into touch. :greengrin

DH1875
24-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Thought Henderson was pretty good yesterday. Will be a good player for us when he's fully up and running. Should have scored two goals though.

Turkish Green
24-08-2015, 11:30 AM
What I did notice was the old failing of trying to walk the ball into the net, did Hibs have any shots from outside of the 18 yd box yesterday? Henderson ws prominent throughout, he will not be as unlucky again this season.

Apart from our usual failings in front of goal, there was much to admire about yesterday's performance. Sevco will likely win the league but I am confident Hibs will be in the Premiership next season by their own merits.

Purehibee_MYB
24-08-2015, 11:37 AM

Said this after the game. McGinn looks really up for the game at all times and is always keen to get us forward, as well as coming back to tidy up. Henderson always looked dangerous on the ball and was causing the defenders a lot of trouble. He'll be gutted to miss two good chances but it shouldn't stop him being happy with his performance

BonnieFitbaTeam
24-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Apart from his tactical kicking into touch. :greengrin

He was comfortably out-performed in that department yesterday by Mr D Wilson of Govan.

Thought Hanlon defended really well yesterday.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2015, 11:57 AM
He was comfortably out-performed in that department yesterday by Mr D Wilson of Govan.

Thought Hanlon defended really well yesterday.

Oxley saved his arse in the 2nd half when Hanlon got burned for pace/reacted slowly.

BonnieFitbaTeam
24-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Oxley saved his arse in the 2nd half when Hanlon got burned for pace/reacted slowly.

It's Oxley's job to keep the ball out of the net when his defence is breached, which will happen given that none of our defenders are superstars - they wouldn't be playing for us if they were.

He made several good stops yesterday. You could argue that every time he had to make a save he was saving someone's arse.

I'm not Hanlon's biggest fan but as I said, I thought he defended well yesterday...most of the time :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2015, 12:50 PM
It's Oxley's job to keep the ball out of the net when his defence is breached, which will happen given that none of our defenders are superstars - they wouldn't be playing for us if they were.

He made several good stops yesterday. You could argue that every time he had to make a save he was saving someone's arse.

:

Not every time - yesterday's goal is a great example of that.

Brightside
24-08-2015, 01:06 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Me-Everything-****-Encyclopedia-ebook-x/dp/B002TXZSAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440421544&sr=8-1&keywords=everything+in+the+world+is+****