15-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Looks like he has literally been told to pull his socks up. [emoji3]

3pm
15-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Played very well when he came on.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Noticed that as well.

He was superb today when he came on. I like Malonga, it just didn't happen for him today, but his style can slow us up at times. Cummings was a real livewire when he came on and injected real pace and urgency up top.

hibee_girl
15-08-2015, 04:09 PM
We looked a lot better once Cummings was on, a lot more direct.

Malonga had a mare today, dunno how he wasn't subbed!

Ozyhibby
15-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Malonga is just not good enough for me. Too slow.
Cummings done well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Is that the fastest goal from a sub we've ever seen at ER?

bingo70
15-08-2015, 04:29 PM
I've been a wee bit critical of him (nothing too harsh though) but I thought he was excellent when he came on.

The Leith Dutch
15-08-2015, 04:32 PM
I like Malonga, it just didn't happen for him today, but his style can slow us up at times.

I like Malonga too but I think how he looks in a game is hugely related to how he brings others into the game and I think there's times when either he or the players around him (take your pick on that) are not on the same wavelength.

Couple of moments towards the end of the game where there was some interchange between him, McGinn and Henderson that looked very promising.

lord bunberry
15-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Cummings should have started today, a strange decision to drop him IMO. I didn't think Malonga played that badly today, he got into some good positions.

KWJ
15-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Best I've seen him link up. Really impressed me today.

Unseen work
15-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Don't believe for a second Cummings scored with his first touch. I thought it was a fact he needs 10 chances to score 1 goal?........

Delighted for him, exactly the reason he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He scores goals.

Alex Trager
15-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Don't believe for a second Cummings scored with his first touch. I thought it was a fact he needs 10 chances to score 1 goal?........

Delighted for him, exactly the reason he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He scores goals.
Haha. I laugh a lot when people moan about JC

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Cummings should have started today, a strange decision to drop him IMO. I didn't think Malonga played that badly today, he got into some good positions.

He was poor at Dumbarton last week...a wee subs appearance wont have done him any harm and his attitude when he came on was top notch.

lord bunberry
15-08-2015, 05:09 PM
He was poor at Dumbarton last week...a wee subs appearance wont have done him any harm and his attitude when he came on was top notch.
He wasn't any worse than anyone else.

bingo70
15-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Let's not get carried away, he did really well when he came on but he's still very raw and does lack composure at times.

He's got a lot of potential but a there have been plenty of his performances that have warranted criticism. Stubbs obviously agreed there was merit in dropping him today as well so it sounds like the criticism of him since last week may have been warranted.

Craig_HFC
15-08-2015, 05:16 PM
I love the wee radge.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Velma Dinkley
15-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Why is Jason the only player who people repeatedly describe as 'raw'? Are the rest of our players the finished articles? He scores goals. More raw players please. I like it raw.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Scores goals, next up rangers

lord bunberry
15-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Scores goals, next up rangers
Scores goals against rangers.

Unseen work
15-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Let's not get carried away, he did really well when he came on but he's still very raw and does lack composure at times.

He's got a lot of potential but a there have been plenty of his performances that have warranted criticism. Stubbs obviously agreed there was merit in dropping him today as well so it sounds like the criticism of him since last week may have been warranted.

Where am I getting carried away? I was only marking a sarcastic comment cause people say he doesn't score enough which IMO is ridiculous.

And the fact he scores a lot of goals, for me is why he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Agree entirely that he has off games and has plenty room to improve, however even if he is playing terrible he can still pop up with a goal. That for me is a good attribute to have

15-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Good goal today and unlucky not to get a second. Just gave us a bit more spark up front.

Starting to loose a bit of patience with Malonga I must admit. Loses the ball too easily, he's very slow and for a big lad he very rarely uses his height to his advantage.

Can't wait till Farid and Keatings are back fit.

bingo70
15-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Where am I getting carried away? I was only marking a sarcastic comment cause people say he doesn't score enough which IMO is ridiculous.

And the fact he scores a lot of goals, for me is why he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Agree entirely that he has off games and has plenty room to improve, however even if he is playing terrible he can still pop up with a goal. That for me is a good attribute to have

I just don't think there was any need for the sarcy comment as it's only going to get people defending their previous criticism of him which will lead to him getting criticised, which he doesn't deserve today.

Fwiw my complaint with him isn't that he doesn't score enough, it's his inconsistent to poor performances he puts in too regularly.

Can't fault him today at all though.

Unseen work
15-08-2015, 06:07 PM
I just don't think there was any need for the sarcy comment as it's only going to get people defending their previous criticism of him which will lead to him getting criticised, which he doesn't deserve today.

Fwiw my complaint with him isn't that he doesn't score enough, it's his inconsistent to poor performances he puts in too regularly.

Perhaps your right. It's just infuriates the life out of me people saying he doesn't score enough. 19 year old in his first full season scoring 22 goals is exceptional. If another team had that we would be asking why we don't and wishing we did.

I can accept people saying he never played well etc, but not the goals.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2015, 06:11 PM

Glad to see you were able to put your finger on what he did right today :wink: his goal and movement lifted team I thought ,but Stubbs obviously dropped him for a reason and he got positive response from him He will t continue to improve .
But grey was getting more space and better balls played there for him and that made a difference as well

lucky
15-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Today he worked hard and was hungry. All players need to realise no one is a very to start. Too many just think they are 100% secure in starting.

lord bunberry
15-08-2015, 06:15 PM
He's been our best player so far this season by a mile. Against the Huns and Montrose and again today he was different class. He was crap last week, but so were the rest of them.

portycabbage
15-08-2015, 06:16 PM
I like Malonga too but I think how he looks in a game is hugely related to how he brings others into the game and I think there's times when either he or the players around him (take your pick on that) are not on the same wavelength.

Couple of moments towards the end of the game where there was some interchange between him, McGinn and Henderson that looked very promising.

Agree with this. I don't think there was anything to single him out for criticism today over and above anyone else. I would also start JC every week with him.

Leith Green
15-08-2015, 06:58 PM
I noticed a big improvement in Cummings overall play against Rangers in the 1st game of the season. He looked hungry and his link up play looked to have improved from last season..

Scottie
15-08-2015, 07:14 PM
He scores when he wants

He scores when he wants

Jason Cummings he scores when he wants. :aok:

HibbyAndy
15-08-2015, 07:17 PM
I noticed a big improvement in Cummings overall play against Rangers in the 1st game of the season. He looked hungry and his link up play looked to have improved from last season..

:agree:

He's been outstanding this season.

lord bunberry
15-08-2015, 07:21 PM
He scores when he wants

He scores when he wants

Jason Cummings he scores when he wants. :aok:
It's about time we had a song for the wee man and this is it.

Lago
15-08-2015, 07:30 PM
He's been our best player so far this season by a mile. Against the Huns and Montrose and again today he was different class. He was crap last week, but so were the rest of them.
According to the stats we had 11 shots on target, we scoredwith 1, byJason no one else. He needs to be in from the start just now.

Hibby70
15-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Anyone notice Jason practicing shots from crosses in the warm up. I'm not sure that Dom even takes part in the shooting practice (might be wrong)

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Anyone notice Jason practicing shots from crosses in the warm up. I'm not sure that Dom even takes part in the shooting practice (might be wrong)

Did you notice how many of our guys miss the target in the warm up - got to be 80% + from 12 yards out :confused:

Heisenberg
15-08-2015, 07:49 PM
He scores goals. Should be a guaranteed starter every week.

truehibernian
15-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Did you notice how many of our guys miss the target in the warm up - got to be 80% + from 12 yards out :confused:

I'm glad folk watch warm ups closely - the 'shots on target' in the warm up is always a good wee gauge for me - only because footballers are quite a simple breed and I always feel that if they are 'on it' in that warm up then they take that into the game (as bizarre as that sounds). I think it's a little bit of the psychological side of the game........there's nothing better than hitting the back of the net at any stage of a game and that includes the pre-game stuff - maybe I am alone in that theory

HoboHarry
15-08-2015, 07:53 PM
He scores goals. Should be a guaranteed starter every week.
No player should ever be of the mindset that he is a guaranteed starter in my opinion...

Onceinawhile
15-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm glad folk watch warm ups closely - the 'shots on target' in the warm up is always a good wee gauge for me - only because footballers are quite a simple breed and I always feel that if they are 'on it' in that warm up then they take that into the game (as bizarre as that sounds). I think it's a little bit of the psychological side of the game........there's nothing better than hitting the back of the net at any stage of a game and that includes the pre-game stuff - maybe I am alone in that theory

Gary Lineker never scored a goal in the warm up. He was usually pretty handy over 90 minutes! (he didn't want to waste one apparently)

truehibernian
15-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Gary Lineker never scored a goal in the warm up. He was usually pretty handy over 90 minutes! (he didn't want to waste one apparently)

....or maybe because Filbert Street had a moon landscape :greengrin yep he was a very handy striker has to be said mate :aok:

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 08:06 PM

I only do it as it beats counting seagulls

Billy Whizz
15-08-2015, 08:07 PM

There weren't too many today, must be plenty food uptown at the Festival

truehibernian
15-08-2015, 08:09 PM

Very true :greengrin the only player of recent times I saw both score regularly in warm ups and also get angry for missing in warm ups was Deek - he turned out not bad in the end :aok:

E10 Rifle
15-08-2015, 08:13 PM
There weren't too many today, must be plenty food uptown at the Festival

Actually they were a bit like us today - they had a stronger second half :nerd:

Onion
15-08-2015, 08:21 PM
A much under-rated player. Hibs performance was flat until Jason came on and grabbed the game by the scruff. Lad has an exciting career ahead of him. Well done JC.

Andy74
15-08-2015, 08:24 PM
A much under-rated player. Hibs performance was flat until Jason came on and grabbed the game by the scruff. Lad has an exciting career ahead of him. Well done JC.

He did well but we also played better during that 10 minute spell and Gray handed him that goal on a plate.

442 with proper width. It's not too tricky. It worked well then we ended up with 4 central players again shortly after!

theonlywayisup
15-08-2015, 09:46 PM

I always thought Kuqi, James Collins and the striker that Calderwood bought that I can't remember his name were all mince during the warm ups!!!

Shrekko
15-08-2015, 10:28 PM
25 goals this season almost guaranteed if he stays fit. Cracking player.

GreenLake
16-08-2015, 10:22 AM
No player should ever be of the mindset that he is a guaranteed starter in my opinion...

With just a few exceptions, like George Best, Lionel Messi or Lee Griffiths, I agree completely. :greengrin

The best teams are very difficult to get into or keep a place in.

CapitalGreen
16-08-2015, 10:31 AM
25 goals this season almost guaranteed if he stays fit. Cracking player.

A good season this year and he could potentially be on 50 goals for Hibs before turning 21.

ancient hibee
16-08-2015, 06:52 PM
He did well but we also played better during that 10 minute spell and Gray handed him that goal on a plate.

442 with proper width. It's not too tricky. It worked well then we ended up with 4 central players again shortly after!

Gray handed him the goal on a plate -maybe but I didn't see anyone else there to put it in -and he'd only been on a minute.

Lang Toun Hibs
16-08-2015, 07:02 PM

Leigh Griffiths used to be more of a danger to us watching behind the goals than the net in the warm up. He was pretty decent during the games though!

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2015, 07:33 PM

aye i noticed that as well :hilarious quite a lot flying over the bar, i think they've been told to keep the ball off the grass and in the air so the pitch doesn't get ruined too early in the season

:)