View Full Version : James Keatings - Actual Situation

12-08-2015, 02:31 PM
OK, as I asked previously what the situation was regarding Keatings (but had to delete the thread because of a nonsense rumour), I thought I'd post the actual situation, as reported in today's EN

Fresh Injury Blow For Hibs James Keatings (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fresh-injury-blow-for-hibs-james-keatings-1-3855792)

Extract:

"Keatings, signed after being released by Capital rivals Hearts, suffered a hamstring injury during the club’s pre-season training stint in the sunshine of La Manga, forcing him out of the programme of friendly matches and the opening games against Rangers in the Petrofac Training Cup and Montrose in the League Cup.

But the 23-year-old was pencilled in as part of Stubbs’ squad for the first Championship match against Dumbarton, only to be ruled out once more.

Stubbs said: “He was pretty close, but it looks like he has stretched the scar tissue on the injury which has put him back a little bit."

(http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fresh-injury-blow-for-hibs-james-keatings-1-3855792)

12-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Only us could sign players that are injured. :rolleyes:

DTS
12-08-2015, 02:34 PM

But the article says he was injured in la Manga so we didn't sign an injured player?

12-08-2015, 02:53 PM

Reading isnt your strong point?

Injured in training. Set back once back in training.

12-08-2015, 03:14 PM
I wonder if he's had hamstring problems before, Is this why Hearts binned him? Could just be very unlucky and it's his first. Anyone know how his fitness was over the road?

12-08-2015, 03:27 PM
I wonder if he's had hamstring problems before, Is this why Hearts binned him? Could just be very unlucky and it's his first. Anyone know how his fitness was over the road?

Dunno but he played 30 games in one season for Hamilton then 29 the following season for Hearts, which suggests that he's not exactly injury prone

12-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Took part in 30 games each for both Hearts and Hamilton in the last 2 seasons which doesnt really indicate an injury prone player.

12-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Took part in 30 games each for both Hearts and Hamilton in the last 2 seasons which doesnt really indicate an injury prone player.

Maybe wear and tear after a season or so playing on Hamilton's plastic pitch. They had to rip it up in close season, due a number of their players picking up injuries

12-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Maybe wear and tear after a season or so playing on Hamilton's plastic pitch. They had to rip it up in close season, due a number of their players picking up injuries

Seemed to be ok for Hearts last season though.

12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Always a concern that players that miss pre-season end of playing catch up for the rest of the season, and/or picking up more niggles.

12-08-2015, 03:42 PM

Have they gone back to grass or a new plastic one?

12-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Seemed to be ok for Hearts last season though.

Maybe he was, but wear and tear takes its toll

12-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Have they gone back to grass or a new plastic one?

New plastic one

12-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Maybe he was, but wear and tear takes its toll

Yep fair enough with him, Carmichael and of course Farid not lucky with plastic pitch type injuries.

12-08-2015, 07:40 PM
We are just jinxed. The unluckiest team in the land, it's been that way for decades.

12-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Hibs had two players injured in the development squad game against Falkirk - Sinclair and a trialist left back. I don't know how serious the injuries were.

Falkirk equalised (3-3) in stoppage time, direct from a free kick...

12-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Hibs had two players injured in the development squad game against Falkirk - Sinclair and a trialist left back. I don't know how serious the injuries were.

As I said!

12-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Sinclair dislocated shoulder.. so shouldn't be out for long (assuming they popped it back in). Trialist did his ligaments so he won't be back.

12-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Sinclair dislocated shoulder.. so shouldn't be out for long (assuming they popped it back in). Trialist did his ligaments so he won't be back.

OK thanks for the info. :aok:

All clubs have to contend with injuries to players from time to time, but it seems to me Hibs might be getting more than their fair share recently.

12-08-2015, 08:45 PM
What's with the hibs.net myth than any player currently injured = injury prone!! It's getting a tad ridiculous on here tbh.

Kaff
12-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Feel sorry for the trialist, that's a real shame when you're trying to win a contract and hopefully not very serious.
Same goes for young Sinclair and our other injured players, get well soon!!

147lothian
12-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Anyone can pull a hamstring, its just one of these things, doesn't mean a player is injury prone

12-08-2015, 09:02 PM
just out of interest i wonder if players on trial anywhere have some kind of insurance for not having a salary for a length of time due to injury, or if he's without a club do the club he's on trial at have to arrange insurance before he takes part in a game....just out of interest likesy

liamh2202
12-08-2015, 10:18 PM
just out of interest i wonder if players on trial anywhere have some kind of insurance for not having a salary for a length of time due to injury, or if he's without a club do the club he's on trial at have to arrange insurance before he takes part in a game....just out of interest likesy

Usually the club you play for cover you insurance wise.

12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Usually the club you play for cover you insurance wise.

not if you are punting yourself to clubs as a trialist.

harry-hibee
13-08-2015, 08:03 AM
The day James Keatings signed i told a workmate that we had signed him, my workmate was somewhat surprised and it transpired that Keatings was a family friend. He told me that he spoke with him just before we signed him and said he was looking for a move to England for a decent wage as he thought he might only have a few seasons left in the game because of ongoing injury problems. I was bit deflated when i heard this as i thought he was a good signing and i just put this down to hearsay but recent events seem to prove that what i was told maybe correct.

13-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Are the players fully fit? What are the medical staff up to? Is this bad luck or something else?

13-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Jesus Christ.

13-08-2015, 08:16 AM
I doubt it's anything to do with him!

13-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Jesus Christ.

I hope it's just a loan deal ! [emoji6]

13-08-2015, 08:18 AM
The day James Keatings signed i told a workmate that we had signed him, my workmate was somewhat surprised and it transpired that Keatings was a family friend. He told me that he spoke with him just before we signed him and said he was looking for a move to England for a decent wage as he thought he might only have a few seasons left in the game because of ongoing injury problems. I was bit deflated when i heard this as i thought he was a good signing and i just put this down to hearsay but recent events seem to prove that what i was told maybe correct.

13-08-2015, 08:22 AM

Aye, right then.

13-08-2015, 08:24 AM
This place is getting worse... Why is it you never see most of these posters after we win a game. But after every bit of bad news the place reeks of them. ****** funeral chasers.

13-08-2015, 08:28 AM
****** funeral chasers.

....or Jambo trolls.

13-08-2015, 08:36 AM
.....and you..:aok:

Love is all around us

13-08-2015, 08:46 AM
This place is getting worse... Why is it you never see most of these posters after we win a game. But after every bit of bad news the place reeks of them. ****** funeral chasers.

Indeed!

The negativity seems strong in some posters and it reeks.

13-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Indeed!

The negativity seems strong in some posters and it reeks.

Just in case that's a complaint about me starting this thread...

I posted previously asking about Keatings' injury (after someone mentioned it on the Matchday Thread) and had to remove the post because of a nonsense comment by a poster intent on starting unfounded negative rumours about behind the scenes strife.

I then posted this thread when Stubbs explained the actual situation in the EN, which was quite straight forward and knocked the negative garbage on the head (and also hopefully informed people of the actual situation)

13-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Are the players fully fit? What are the medical staff up to? Is this bad luck or something else?

Would be happy for us to use the remaining transfer funds to get Chelsea's first team doctor:cb

13-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Just in case that's a complaint about me starting this thread... I posted previously asking about Keatings' injury (after someone mentioned it on the Matchday Thread) and had to remove the post because of a nonsense comment by a poster intent on starting unfounded negative rumours about behind the scenes strife. I then posted this thread when Stubbs explained the actual situation in the EN, which was quite straight forward and knocked the negative garbage on the head (and also hopefully informed people of the actual situation)

Keeks nope not at you. I'm only back my hols yesterday (no wifi either) so I'm not aware of what went on.

I don't have an issue with folk posting what they want but let's just say folk come out the woodwork when we get beaten and post certain things (fish) that obviously get folks back up.

The poster who said why bother selling SA because we wouldn't invest it properly !! Why post that. Rubbish utter rubbish.

So it's not at you keeks.

13-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Would be happy for us to use the remaining transfer funds to get Chelsea's first team doctor:cb

Hubba Hubba!!

13-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Keeks nope not at you. I'm only back my hols yesterday (no wifi either) so I'm not aware of what went on.

I don't have an issue with folk posting what they want but let's just say folk come out the woodwork when we get beaten and post certain things (fish) that obviously get folks back up.

The poster who said why bother selling SA because we wouldn't invest it properly !! Why post that. Rubbish utter rubbish.

So it's not at you keeks.

Cheers Aldo.

FWIW, I agree with you about people coming out of the woodwork with their negativity. This place is really quiet after we win.

Some of the low count posters are quite obvious Yams but others are Hibbies that seem to, for whatever reason, love knocking the club.

13-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Cheers Aldo. :aok: FWIW, I agree with you about people coming out of the woodwork with their negativity. This place is really quiet after we win. Some of the low count posters are quite obvious Yams but others are Hibbies that seem to, for whatever reason, love knocking the club.

Regardless of win lose or draw there are always folk lining up to have a dig at the players and club. They just can't help it.

Onwards and upwards for me. :-)

13-08-2015, 09:20 AM

13-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Maybe JK is another name to be added to the 'players you dislike' thread.....

13-08-2015, 09:58 AM

Story Hans Christian Anderson would be proud of. :faf:

13-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Story Hans Christian Anderson would be proud of. :faf:

Ha ha JBH. That made me laugh out loud!! :-)

13-08-2015, 10:15 AM
I heard from a friend of a friend's dog that the real reason is that last weekend Keatings got really pished up George Street off money he borrowed from Stevenson, Fontaine and Gray and never paid back and he punched a guy and then never turned up for training for 5 weeks pretending to still be hungover and when he did he got in a big fistfight with Doyle and broke his jaw and after that complained all the time about training so Stubbs suspended him forever along with our entire strikeforce who for some reason agreed with him. Players not happy.

Or, I could just be making all this **** up.

13-08-2015, 10:18 AM
I heard from a friend of a friend's dog that the real reason is that last weekend Keatings got really pished up George Street off money he borrowed from Stevenson, Fontaine and Gray and never paid back and he punched a guy and then never turned up for training for 5 weeks pretending to still be hungover and when he did he got in a big fistfight with Doyle and broke his jaw and after that complained all the time about training so Stubbs suspended him forever along with our entire strikeforce who for some reason agreed with him. Players not happy.

You missed out the bib-throwing incident and throwing the glass of wine at Petrie.

13-08-2015, 10:30 AM
...... and throwing the glass of wine at Petrie.

...in Petrie's house, with the rest of the 1st team squad present.

13-08-2015, 10:36 AM

They don't post after win as they are out celebrating Don't know why but your Funeral Chasers comment made me laugh😃

13-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Looking at his stats he's had one bad injury in 2010, cruciate which is a common injury, only things he's had is the usual wee niggles to calves etc, so definitely doesn't look injury prone, wonder why people post pish like this when it's very easy just to check it out.

13-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Apart from the glaring obvious that you told his family friend that he so confides in that he had signed yet Keatings hadn't told him. The rest of your account is obviously bull****.

harry-hibee
13-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Apart from the glaring obvious that you told his family friend that he so confides in that he had signed yet Keatings hadn't told him. The rest of your account is obviously bull****.

Look I am only stating the conversation I had with a workmate so what are you implying?

13-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Look I am only stating the conversation I had with a workmate so what are you implying?

He's implying you're talking a lot of

Just look at Keating career and you'll see he's had one ad cruciate injury back in 2010 and apart from little niggles nothing else.

13-08-2015, 11:35 AM

I don't think there was anything so subtle as an implication in any of the replies, more a straightforward 'you are making up nonsense'.

harry-hibee
13-08-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't think there was anything so subtle as an implication in any of the replies, more a straightforward 'you are making up nonsense'.

As I said I was only repeating a conversation I had with a workmate I didn't even say I believed him in fact I stated I put it down to hearsay, now to say i was making up nonsense is not an allegation you should be making.

13-08-2015, 12:00 PM

Yer friends dog sounds like a yam to me.

13-08-2015, 12:01 PM
As I said I was only repeating a conversation I had with a workmate I didn't even say I believed him in fact I stated I put it down to hearsay, now to say i was making up nonsense is not an allegation you should be making.

Why? what are you going to do about it, call the police or something.

Before posting something, think about it's implications 1st, check anything to see if there's any possible truth in it, I did and soon found out that Keatings has had no injury worries apart from a cruciate damage in 2010, since then he's been fairly injury free.

13-08-2015, 12:14 PM

I'm not implyng anything,I've told you straight!

13-08-2015, 12:22 PM

Before posting something, think about it's implications 1st, check anything to see if there's any possible truth in it, I did and soon found out that Keatings has had no injury worries apart from a cruciate damage in 2010, since then he's been fairly injury free.

The Feds are all over this. Watch yer back.

harry-hibee
13-08-2015, 12:23 PM

If you really take in what I said in my post you would properly understand why I posted it, it wasn't meant to be negative in any way it was just to let people know the conversation I had with someone who knows him. If that's beyond you then so be it.

13-08-2015, 12:59 PM
The Feds are all over this. Watch yer back.

Nowt to do with me, it's Scouse that's called him out :greengrin

13-08-2015, 01:02 PM
If you really take in what I said in my post you would properly understand why I posted it, it wasn't meant to be negative in any way it was just to let people know the conversation I had with someone who knows him. If that's beyond you then so be it.

I've not called you out as a bull****ter, Scouse has so don't bother trying to change my mind.

What you could've done though is, listen to your mate, check Keatings injury stats and then realise your mate was talking crap, then don't post as you realise it's pi5h.

liamh2202
13-08-2015, 01:28 PM
not if you are punting yourself to clubs as a trialist.

Usually they do if your registered for the game with the SFA. Happened to myself a couple of times.

13-08-2015, 01:40 PM
James back running today.

13-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Some of the comments on this thread have made me laugh out loud btw!! The Feds post being one of them. :-)

13-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Should I be waiting for a knock on the door :-)

13-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Should I be waiting for a knock on the door :-)

Just watch a blacked out van doesn't pull up next to you when you are out and about and balaclava clad gangs jumps out and snatches you!! ;-)

13-08-2015, 02:20 PM

Good news, thanks for sharing.

13-08-2015, 03:54 PM
jameskeatings ‏@jameskeatings 2h2 hours ago
#19 first day back running today feeling good 🏃🏻 taking it day by day…

13-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Do you know when he'll be able to do forward running?

Prof. Shaggy
13-08-2015, 03:59 PM

13-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Not sure he can only run using his back just now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

13-08-2015, 06:27 PM

Oh no they'd all be injured in that event.

13-08-2015, 07:22 PM

I would happily let Hibs stay down here for many years to come if she was to come here 😍

13-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Oh no they'd all be injured in that event.

As would I.

13-08-2015, 08:55 PM

"Hibs buy 25 new treatment tables as mysterious groin strain epidemic strikes east mains"

gordieboy
14-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Sevco do it as well