PDA

View Full Version : What's needed to get us backing them???

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 06:44 AM
What do we all think we actually need to win us the Championship this season? I have listed my thoughts below but interested to hear everyone's thoughts. (I await the Petrie out nonsense lol)

1. Fans backing them home & away each week and creating an atmosphere each game.
2. All players to be 100% up for the fight rather than posting pics on twitter etc. of their new six pack or tattoo.
3. New centre half (Hanlon poor and simple balls over the top / out wide catch him sleeping).
4. New left back (I like Stevenson and he gives everything but simply is not good enough.
5. New centre forward. El Alagui has featured in 13 games, Malonga not consistent either. 1 year later he is still not available, action needed ASAP.
6. Be solid and have the mentality that a win is more important than playing 300 passes each move. (Ok, slight exaggeration)
7. **EARLY MORNING SQUAD TO HIRE A WHITE VAN & GET THE BALACLAVAS OUT TO GO AND KIDNAP DYLAN MCGEOUCH**

Come on Hibs, lets get tup for the fight!!!!!

rcarter1
09-08-2015, 06:47 AM
A team that is up for it from the get go, believes in itself, and knows what it is doing in all areas of the pitch. A football team basically!

bingo70
09-08-2015, 06:48 AM
To start playing with good wingers that'll beat men, open up defences and score some goals themselves.

We need to stop playing with 4 central midfielders.

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Yeah, we are lacking width just now. I think of Boyle's great goal against Falkirk at the end of last season as an example. Don't Boyle and Carmichael play on the same side? Drastically lacking width on the left.

Greenworld
09-08-2015, 06:55 AM
You know what maybe just maybe we took a gamble on a management team with no experience other than youth development.could it possibly be the case that they are not a good management team......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BigKev
09-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Forget McGeouch, we don't need another midfielder. Just get them working some serious defensive drills to cut out the daft mistakes.

Give Reguero a chance and invest in a left back who can distribute the ball accurately over a distance longer than 5'.

bobbyhibs1983
09-08-2015, 07:00 AM
you start off with a question in your first and second line and for te second line question of
What do we all think we actually need to win us the Championship this season?
the answer is soo very easy, we need to get more points than the team in second place!!:greengrin
how do we do that? we score one more goal than the other team every week!

sorry i dont mean to come over so sarcastic but sometimes in football i think things get soo over complicated.
I have noticed people on here going on about either the hibs way or playing football the *right way* , the bottom line in the only right way to play football is to win or atleast be close to it!
Over the last few years i feel hibs have became dead slow.
I saw the first 45mins of the chelsea-swansea game and the left midfeilder of swansea looked pretty quick, and it seemed every time he got the ball he made trouble for chelsea.
In regards hibs i think its a case of being meantally weak imo.there were times mostly last season to be fair that when the other team scored you just had that feeling we did not have that will to win.
is that still the same this season?

Greenworld
09-08-2015, 07:02 AM
That aside heres my list...
A big hairy arsed monster CH who scares the living day lights out of anyone within 20 yards of him.
A big hairy arsed CM 20 yards in front of CH doing the same.
A mixu pat type forward ..a new keeper..
Oh in other words a strong spine to the team.

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 08:05 AM
That aside heres my list...
A big hairy arsed monster CH who scares the living day lights out of anyone within 20 yards of him.

Couldn't agree more. :agree:

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 08:06 AM
I also think that Fyvie disappears when Allan is in the side. Always looks decent when Allan is not playing. Our very own Lampard / Gerrard scenario? lol I like Fyvie and think that once Allan goes he will flourish for us. He sits deeper when Allan is in the side.

CorrieHibs
09-08-2015, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=Greenworld;4436039]That aside heres my list...

Bartley was meant to be the solid defensive midfielder?

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Some have already chucked it after one game, the I wont be going next week posts were out in force last night......

It's that the attitude of some, I would rather they slinked away into the night, without telling us they are done after 1 game.....Hibs supporters?

green day
09-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Hibs supporters?

Not sure all on here last night are

liamh2202
09-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Some have already chucked it after one game, the I wont be going next week posts were out in force last night......

It's that the attitude of some, I would rather they slinked away into the night, without telling us they are done after 1 game.....Hibs supporters?

Yup, I can't go every week because of work . but I always look forward to going when I can. I have never followed a hibs team in my life that hasn't dissapointed but that won't stop me going back. I actually asked my six year old a question after the game out of curiosity. Son its rubbish getting beat isn't it? Yes dad. Would you rather support someone else? No dad. Means my job here is done :) . hibs will be back . will it be this year , hopefully. Whenever it is will I be there supporting them.... Definitely

Pretty Boy
09-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Change the shape.

4 central midfielders just creates more congestion in the middle of the park, which is already packed with teams parking the bus.

Sadly for all our signings I don't think we have the players to get width into the side. Boyle can play wide but there's no natural winger to play on the other side (Harris?). Carmichael and McGinn are to come in but they are both primarily central players as well.

For reasons I don't quite get Stubbs seems convinced on the diamond 4 but it didn't work a fair few games last season and certainly didn't work yesterday.

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:38 AM
There are times when I think how did we manage to sign players of the quality of Fyvie, Allan etc and then I realise after yesterday that maybe these guys aren't as god as we actually think they are.

Allan worked his ticket at Dundee U, got his move and has a rep for having attitude problems.
Fyvie played three seasons at Aberdeen, got a move south and played 7 games of football in 2 years while down there, YES only 7 games in 2 years.
Gray started off at Man U and eventually went downwards until ending up at Stevenage and then Burton

Add in the inconsistency of Malonga and Cummings, injury prone Farid, Stevenson playing out of position, Hanlon who hasn't improved in 6 years of pretty regular football at Hibs with 193 appearances and there we have a reason why we are where we are. Cast offs and not very good home grown players makes Hibs what they are a soft touch with no baws to grab a game by the throat and win over the fans regularly.

Take our neighbours, seemingly poor to average in the first half but a different team in the second, upped the tempo and by hard graft won 2-1, Hibs just don't seem capable of rolling up the sleeves and grafting for a win, it's like if the pretty football doesn't do it they just seem to give up.

CorrieHibs
09-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Change the shape.

4 central midfielders just creates more congestion in the middle of the park, which is already packed with teams parking the bus.

Sadly for all our signings I don't think we have the players to get width into the side. Boyle can play wide but there's no natural winger to play on the other side (Harris?). Carmichael and McGinn are to come in but they are both primarily central players as well.

For reasons I don't quite get Stubbs seems convinced on the diamond 4 but it didn't work a fair few games last season and certainly didn't work yesterday.

Carmichael is a winger. He can play Central but prefers out on the wing.

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Change the shape.

Pretty sure Carmichael plays on the right like Boyle, must admit was surprised we signed him as we now have 3 natural right sided wide men and not one left footed one...oh wait we have Lewis who is a natural left sided midfielder, a position he played in a cup final and won MOM.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Yup, I can't go every week because of work . but I always look forward to going when I can. I have never followed a hibs team in my life that hasn't dissapointed but that won't stop me going back. I actually asked my six year old a question after the game out of curiosity. Son its rubbish getting beat isn't it? Yes dad. Would you rather support someone else? No dad. Means my job here is done :) . hibs will be back . will it be this year , hopefully. Whenever it is will I be there supporting them.... Definitely

:top marks

Part and parcel of supporting a team. A team is for life, not just when things are rosy and it suits......

Onion
09-08-2015, 08:45 AM
A team that is up for it from the get go, believes in itself, and knows what it is doing in all areas of the pitch. A football team basically!

Good description of the The Rangers the other night, and of the Yams all of last season. Sadly, Hibs rarely tick all those boxes, or at least not consistently enough to win anything.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Carmichael is a winger. He can play Central but prefers out on the wing.

Did he not play centrally for QOTS much of last season? That's certainly where he played against us each time, tucked in behind the strikers.

Either way point still stands that we have little balance in the squad to get width down both sides.

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:47 AM

I think it looks like instead of progressing from last season, the team seems to have regressed, a bad result against Rangers, an uninspired performance against Montrose and a very poor one yesterday. The fans have gone from enthusiastic to being dejected within the space of a fortnight.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:49 AM
I think it looks like instead of progressing from last season, the team seems to have regressed, a bad result against Rangers, an uninspired performance against Montrose and a very poor one yesterday. The fans have gone from enthusiastic to being dejected within the space of a fortnight.

3 games played and we have regressed? Really? Let's wait until after 1st round of fixtures before we visit the wailing wall.....

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Did he not play centrally for QOTS much of last season? That's certainly where he played against us each time, tucked in behind the strikers.

Either way point still stands that we have little balance in the squad to get width down both sides.

Yes he plays as the number 10 but that's in a team with 1 striker, Stubbs very seldom if never plays with one striker, maybe something he should be looking at, having two strikers, no width and 4 mids certainly isn't working.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Yes he plays as the number 10 but that's in a team with 1 striker, Stubbs very seldom if never plays with one striker, maybe something he should be looking at, having two strikers, no width and 4 mids certainly isn't working.

Then no doubt he would be panned on here, for only playing one striker in the Championship.....

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
3 games played and we have regressed? Really? Let's wait until after 1st round of fixtures before we visit the wailing wall.....

You carry on being a happy clapper then, some of us are a bit more worried what's happening on the pitch, if you think we're as good or better than last season, then maybe specsavers is needed.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:55 AM
You carry on being a happy clapper then, some of us are a bit more worried what's happening on the pitch, if you think we're as good or better than last season, then maybe specsavers is needed.

Ah the old happy clapper nonsense....If you want to debate fine, leave out the silly petulant insults, as that loses the point.....

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Then no doubt he would be panned on here, for only playing one striker in the Championship.....

Not by me he wouldn't, doesn't seem to do Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc any harm, I would rather have an attacking midfielder behind the striker to create and also to score, at the moment we are playing zero attacking midfielders and we are struggling to create.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Not by me he wouldn't, doesn't seem to do Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc any harm, I would rather have an attacking midfielder behind the striker to create and also to score, at the moment we are playing zero attacking midfielders and we are struggling to create.

May I be as bold as to suggest that will change when we have all players at our disposal available for selection?

J-C
09-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Ah the old happy clapper nonsense....If you want to debate fine, leave out the silly petulant insults, as that loses the point.....

Then stop defending the team and their performances at every opportunity, you are allowed to criticise but when anyone dares to do this, you're jumping down their throats telling them not to do so, it gets tiresome.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Then stop defending the team and their performances at every opportunity, you are allowed to criticise but when anyone dares to do this, you're jumping down their throats telling them not to do so, it gets tiresome.

Tiresome that I am not writing off our season after only 3 games, oh my, what a dullard I am .....I am supporter who thinks not everything is as black as is painted on here.....Maybe I should just stop defending, and start sticking the boot into AS,LD the fitness coaches, the player's the caterers etc etc....

By the way I'm not telling anyone to do anything, I am merely arguing my opinion....Hope that's all right.

Signed a blind, happy clapper

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 10:27 AM
What do we need? Starting at the back

A new goalkeeper (Reguero?). The only people with confidence in Oxley are Stubbs and our opponents.

Serious competition for places in defence, so two starting calibre players to replace Hanlon and Stevenson or make them up their game. Disappointing that the only serious move considered here during the entire summer was Watson.

Sort out the midfield. Either Fyvie or Bartley to hold, allowing Carmichael, Allan and McGinn to support the strikers. We then have Boyle, Martin and Bartley/Fyvie on the bench.

Healthy forwards.

Oh, and better tactics. Pressure our opponents into mistakes, then move the ball quickly and with width to exploit those mistakes. Dictate the pace of the game and don't let the opposition get their defence set. It may sound simplistic, but we do have better quality players than eight other teams in this league and have to take advantage of that.

whiskyhibby
09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
What do we need? Starting at the back

A new goalkeeper (Reguero?). The only people with confidence in Oxley are Stubbs and our opponents.

Serious competition for places in defence, so two starting calibre players to replace Hanlon and Stevenson or make them up their game. Disappointing that the only serious move considered here during the entire summer was Watson.

Sort out the midfield. Either Fyvie or Bartley to hold, allowing Carmichael, Allan and McGinn to support the strikers. We then have Boyle, Martin and Bartley/Fyvie on the bench.

Healthy forwards.

Oh, and better tactics. Pressure our opponents into mistakes, then move the ball quickly and with width to exploit those mistakes. Dictate the pace of the game and don't let the opposition get their defence set. It may sound simplistic, but we do have better quality players than eight other teams in this league and have to take advantage of that.

Agree with most of this, but for me we need more pace on attack, even if that means hoofing the ball to Farid and Dom on occasions, don't understand why Carmichael and/or The Squirrel weren't on from the start yesterday.......