PDA

View Full Version : 40 years of Sportscene

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Ok, twenty minutes afore the program starts, I'll start the ball rollinig by accusing them of blatent Old Firm bias. It's a disgrace I tell ye!

pedroorange1875
01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Ok, twenty minutes afore the program starts, I'll start the ball rollinig by accusing them of blatent Old Firm bias. It's a disgrace I tell ye!

I love Albert Kidd

Oscar T Grouch
01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
It's no that bad, nice wee bit about greeting jambos 😂

Bishop Hibee
Nice wee clip of a banana thrown at Mark Walters at Tiny. Hertz ****.

Golden Bear
Albert Kidd rules ok! They've already highlighted his famous goal so all is forgiven!

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
It"s got the makings of being very entertaining - so far, so good.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm enjoying this already, just turned it over and they're showing the Hearts implosion from 1986. :aok:

Pleasing. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm recording this and actually quite looking forward to it.

Sport scene used to be a good show, early 90s, decent highlights of all the Scottish games and a couple of MOTD games tagged onto the end.

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Hearts came out of the last few minutes well. 😂

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Aberdeen's championship win at Easter Road. I was there that day and remember standing on the open terracing and clapping the Dons on their victory as it brought about a welcome change from the Old Firm.

Lago
01-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Well have to say a well balanced program, enjoyed it.

Bishop Hibee
01-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Good programme. I really wish the BBC would make all the footage they have available to fans. Every club will have goals and action rarely seen.

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Well have to say a well balanced program, enjoyed it.

Yip. A tongue in cheek remark but I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.

Lago
01-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Yip. A tongue in cheek remark but I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.
:top marks

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Well seeing it was written by a fan of a provincial team, Stuart Cosgrove (no offence intended). It was fair, gave most teams a decent hearing and didn't shy away from stories like the 1980 cup final riot, 1986, coming up short in the World Cup, etc. Gordon Rae and Sir Patrick got a mention and there was even a clip of us laughing about our lack of success in a certain competition :wink: Fair enjoyed it :aok:

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Well seeing it was written by a fan of a provincial team, Stuart Cosgrove (no offence intended). It was fair, gave most teams a decent hearing and didn't shy away from stories like the 1980 cup final riot, 1986, coming up short in the World Cup, etc. Gordon Rae and Sir Patrick got a mention and there was even a clip of us laughing about our lack of success in a certain competition :wink: Fair enjoyed it :aok:

Every team apart from ourselves and hearts are provincial tbf.

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Yip - provincial means outwiith the Capital so in reality the ugly sisters are provincial teams.

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Every team apart from ourselves and hearts are provincial tbf.

True, that is one definition but the another is, "characteristic of people from the provinces; not fashionable or sophisticated".

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:13 PM
True, that is one definition but the another is, "characteristic of people from the provinces; not fashionable or sophisticated".

Cannae possibly refer to us dudes then! (nae laughing smiley available frae phone)

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Cannae possibly refer to us dudes then! (nae laughing smiley available frae phone)

:greengrin < type ':' then 'greengrin' (no space between) then ':' on a phone or ':' 'aok' (no space again) then ':' for :aok:

Anyway, this is not a grammar thread, it's about expressing surprise at an enjoyable programme from the BBC that featured Hibs :tee hee: < ':' 'tee(space)hee' then ':' (no space)

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:23 PM
:greengrin < type ':' then 'greengrin' (no space between) on a phone or ':' 'aok' (no space again) for :aok:

Anyway, this is not a grammar thread, it's about expressing surprise at an enjoyable programme from the BBC that featured Hibs :tee hee: < ':' 'tee hee' (no space).

Aye I'll suss that reply oot the morn (maybe!)

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Aye I'll suss that reply oot the morn (maybe!)

I've made an erse of it so will edit it just in case :blushie: < ':' (no space) 'blushie' then ':' :greengrin

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:38 PM
I've made an erse of it so will edit it just in case :blushie: < ':' (no space) 'blushie' then ':' :greengrin

Or maybies Tesco Special Reserve whisky is by now effecting my normally perfect judgement. But really I'm just pissed. ( no pissed smiley available from phone)

JOD
01-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Why should we celebrating 40 years of absolute crap football coverage. When I seen Archie(better together) Mcperhson that was final straw. Switched over to see stv sat night top bill Queens best songs I gave up and took dog for his annual walk. C'mon the Hibs

Northern Hibby
02-08-2015, 01:06 AM
:greengrin

Northern Hibby
02-08-2015, 01:10 AM
: tee hee

Northern Hibby
02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
No working 😞

matty_f
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Really enjoyed it, are there more shows to follow that one?

SuperAllyMcleod
02-08-2015, 10:24 AM

I couldn't agree more. Cosgrove has lots of experience in programme making and is not an Old Firm fan so he was a great choice for this one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Just watched it. Good mix of nostalgia and facts and for me at least devoid of any judgement of why the game in our country is where it is now. Not a criticism, more of an acknowledgement that this was not in the scope.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2015, 10:37 AM
I couldn't agree more. Cosgrove has lots of experience in programme making and is not an Old Firm fan so he was a great choice for this one.

I was never a huge fan of Cosgrove but he won me over during the Rangers liquidation fiasco. He was scathing in his assessment of how out of touch the sports media in this country were and seemed to genuinely have some understanding of the modern football fan.

Since then whist I've not always agreed with him but I've always listened to what he has to say.

SuperAllyMcleod
02-08-2015, 11:25 AM
I was never a huge fan of Cosgrove but he won me over during the Rangers liquidation fiasco. He was scathing in his assessment of how out of touch the sports media in this country were and seemed to genuinely have some understanding of the modern football fan.

Since then whist I've not always agreed with him but I've always listened to what he has to say.

Yep, he has similar views on Hearts and any other club that overspends. He's never afraid to put his opinion of the ugly sisters forward either - always worth listening to.

scoopyboy
02-08-2015, 11:49 AM
What was the BBC programme called before it was Sportscene?

Cannae mind for the life of me.

oneone73
02-08-2015, 11:49 AM

Sportsreel?

SaulGoodman
02-08-2015, 11:51 AM

Scotsport?

scoopyboy
02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Sportsreel?

That's the fellow.

Eyrie
02-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Scotsport?

That was STV.

scoopyboy
Scotsport?

That was the STV show.

iwasthere1972
It's on the BBC iPlayer if anybody is interested.

I'm watching later.

Golden Bear
02-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Sportsreel?

:agree:

Jim44
02-08-2015, 12:39 PM
40 Years of Sportscene.............. sounds like a life sentence with no chance of parole.

BroxburnHibee
02-08-2015, 01:38 PM
It's on the BBC iPlayer if anybody is interested.

I'm watching later.

Aye I watched it from there earlier.

I remember in the 70's there was a 'Scoreboard' programme after the games early evening before Dr Who were they had reports from each game.

Funny to think how far the game and technologies have evolved.

Lucius Apuleius
02-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Good programme. I really wish the BBC would make all the footage they have available to fans. Every club will have goals and action rarely seen.
Said on off the ball on the way home that when a tvstation wins the rights to show matches it also wins the archives.Find it pretty strange to be honest.Some of the old archive stuff would be great to see.

Hamish
02-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Aye I watched it from there earlier.

I remember in the 70's there was a 'Scoreboard' programme after the games early evening before Dr Who were they had reports from each game.

Funny to think how far the game and technologies have evolved.

Remember that. Alistair Alexander, Brian Marjoribanks and Alistair Dewar who did the Edinburgh games.

I am old

ancient hibee
02-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Remember that. Alistair Alexander, Brian Marjoribanks and Alistair Dewar who did the Edinburgh games.

I am old

I saw Marjoribanks score a nice goal against Hearts so I must be even older.

James70
02-08-2015, 05:43 PM
It was always a dreich day at Easter Road when Alistair ( dour) Dewar reported on Hibs. Also mind a character called Sandy McLeish who was a wee bit chirpier than Dewar and Gordon Hewitt.

tamig
02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
It was always a dreich day at Easter Road when Alistair ( dour) Dewar reported on Hibs. Also mind a character called Sandy McLeish who was a wee bit chirpier than Dewar and Gordon Hewitt.

And there was a guy with massive specs called Fraser Elder. Think he was the Dundee rep. Alistair Dewar was one of the most miserable characters I've ever seen on the telly.

emerald green
02-08-2015, 07:00 PM
And there was a guy with massive specs called Fraser Elder. Think he was the Dundee rep. Alistair Dewar was one of the most miserable characters I've ever seen on the telly.

Fraser Elder reminded me of "Brains" from Thunderbirds. :greengrin

Hamish
02-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I saw Marjoribanks score a nice goal against Hearts so I must be even older.

Aye I remember my grandad talking about that☺

HappyHibby93
02-08-2015, 09:06 PM
40 years and it's still pish..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjhibby
04-08-2015, 10:07 AM

It was a better show than i expected but could have shown more grief stuff. Sunshine on leith at hampden,super caley go ballistic etc. Still too focused on the gruesome awesome and apart from pat nevin and Michae Stewart pundits are naff.

superfurryhibby
04-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Watched it on player last night. Pretty enjoyable, but could also have been better. Perhaps needed a bit more of football included. I would have liked to have seen a few more archive clips from memorable games.

My 12 year old laddie laughed out loud when he saw Archie McPherson's attempted comb-over, WTF was auld ginger nuts thinking? Dougie Donnelly's moustache was also pretty:shocked::shocked:

As someone has already said. I would live to see a retro series of highlights from a given season. It's been done with MOTD and I reckon it would go down nice up here. Question is, what did the Beeb do with the archives?

Pretty Boy
05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Finally watched this and enjoyed it a lot.

Could have done with a bit more football footage though imo. ITV 4 used to show The Big Match Revisited on a Sunday morning and it would be good if either the BBC or Sky could do something similar with Scottish football. There's some great old footage on YouTube and seeing it presented in a proper show would be superb.