PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket cards

Billy Whizz
01-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Any idea if we're getting new ones, or is our season ticket being added to last year's card?

Albanian Hibs
01-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Assuming new ones

Billy Whizz
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Assuming new ones

Ta, just phoned the TO. They said new ones will be sent out in the next 2/3 weeks. I asked would they be out before the Petrofac cup game, and they said they would be!

lord bunberry
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Does anyone keep their old cards?

iwasthere1972
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM

Me. I've still got last season and the season before in my wallet. No idea why. Mind you I've also got a driving licence in my wallet that expired in 2005.

iwasthere1972
01-07-2015, 04:35 PM
My card for last season arrived on the 19th July. The previous year it arrived on the 12th July.

bigwheel
01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
My card for last season arrived on the 19th July. The previous year it arrived on the 12th July.

how do you recall such details?? :not worth

iwasthere1972
01-07-2015, 04:50 PM
how do you recall such details?? :not worth

So excited when I received them that I posted a pic on Facebook. :wink: A wonderful tool.

Jack
01-07-2015, 04:53 PM
I always take an old season ticket on holiday.

The key cards that open your bedroom/cabin door also turn on the electricity when you put it in the wee slot inside the room. It means your phone and camera batteries won't charge when you're out. Some hotels even have the mini bar turn off! Shocking!

There's nothing clever in this bit so putting your old ST card in means fully charged batteries! And chilled peanuts ;-)

On ships, not noticed this in hotels, there's a wee discrete light that is on when a card is in the slot. Using your season ticket means the cabin boy thinks you're in and when he discovers you're out and using an old Hibs season ticket you get a row!

bigwheel
01-07-2015, 04:56 PM
So excited when I received them that I posted a pic on Facebook. :wink: A wonderful tool.

ah...i thought you were like the Hibs "Rainman"..... :)

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Have kept every season ticket, book and cards.

Feed McGraw
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Does anyone keep their old cards? IIRC its not that awful long ago they did use the same card two seasons in a row.

PatHead
02-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Was in the ticket office last night and they have them all sitting in envelopes just waiting on the letter accompanying them.

Brooster
02-07-2015, 12:12 PM

The key cards that open your bedroom/cabin door also turn on the electricity when you put it in the wee slot inside the room. It means your phone and camera batteries won't charge when you're out. Some hotels even have the mini bar turn off! Shocking!

There's nothing clever in this bit so putting your old ST card in means fully charged batteries! And chilled peanuts ;-)

On ships, not noticed this in hotels, there's a wee discrete light that is on when a card is in the slot. Using your season ticket means the cabin boy thinks you're in and when he discovers you're out and using an old Hibs season ticket you get a row!

Genius. I must remember that.

Geo_1875
02-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Genius. I must remember that.

Not a word I'd normally associate with Jack.

speedy_gonzales
02-07-2015, 12:20 PM
S'pose that's what happens when you let Michael O'Leary (Ryanair) operate cruise ships,,,,only a matter of time before his passengers will have to flap their arms to get to their destination!

Jack
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Not a word I'd normally associate with Jack.

How's the office Geo?

I was out in the back garden this morning pottering about and still thoroughly enjoying my early retirement as I go into year 3.

Now that's genius lol!

southsider
02-07-2015, 01:39 PM

I have all my old season books and cards from the first time I was able to buy one for the old main terracing. The early ones were really shody like books of raffle tickets. Exept one year when on the last game of the season I could not go and gave it to a pal (Mr O'T)....he threw it in the bin after the game.

Keith_M
02-07-2015, 02:51 PM

I've got 4 or 5 of them in my mementos box under my bed.

Don't ask me why.

BS44
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Can you still get the Hibs card wallet for the season ticket? Or if anyone has a spare one they're not using....

MoscowHibs
02-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Can you still get the Hibs card wallet for the season ticket? Or if anyone has a spare one they're not using....

I hae aboot 6 lying aboot.

iwasthere1972
02-07-2015, 05:25 PM

I just keep mine in my wallet. Have you no got a wallet?

Billy Whizz
02-07-2015, 05:26 PM
I just keep mine in my wallet. Have you no got a wallet?

You take a wallet to a Hibs game

iwasthere1972
02-07-2015, 06:01 PM
You take a wallet to a Hibs game

:agree: Take it everywhere. Even put money in it.

BS44
02-07-2015, 06:28 PM
I hae aboot 6 lying aboot.

Smashing! Does that mean your willing to pass one on?

Greencore
02-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

MoscowHibs
03-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Smashing! Does that mean your willing to pass one on?

Yes indeedy. Pm me yer details and I will post it to ye.

Oscar T Grouch
03-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Up to last year I still had the empty paper ST and wallets plus the cards for about the previous 10 years. Still have last years card in my wallet. It will get relegated to the kitchen drawer when the new one arrives. I find it difficult to chuck stuff like that out 😳

Bishop Hibee
03-07-2015, 01:52 PM

The first line of this post must be the best opening line on a post ever!

Nazz
03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I always take an old season ticket on holiday.........

Does this card trick only work with an old Hibs ST card? Or any old plastic will do? 😉

lord bunberry
03-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Does this card trick only work with an old Hibs ST card? Or any old plastic will do? 😉

Any card does the trick

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Any card does the trick

Nope, I tried a birthday card, post card and a scratchcard.......none of them worked;-)