PDA

View Full Version : Well done Well

theonlywayisup
28-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Not surprised by tonight's result. The Rangers are a poor team. Not sure Hibs would have done much better. And it should be a warning to Hertz that there is a step up from comfortably winning a league with Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton to the Premier League.

gaz1875
28-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Motherwell fan at my work, I told him the pace will be to much for the huns, I thought they sat way to far back second half. If they closed the huns down further up the pitch they might have added another couple of goals instead of losing one.

marinello59
28-05-2015, 11:19 PM
I was much more worried about facing Motherwell than Rangers. The gap between the leagues is possibly bigger than we thought.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2015, 11:28 PM
I was much more worried about facing Motherwell than Rangers. The gap between the leagues is possibly bigger than we thought.

I'm not so sure.

I just think it was a combination between Sevco finally being found out and the fact that they were playing their fifth match in under three weeks.

We played Dundee Utd in the League Cup last year and for most of the match we were the better side.

dmc1875
28-05-2015, 11:45 PM

Don't think so we are perfectly capable of doing that against Rangers and have done so three times this season. If you get the first goal against them they crumble. That little bit of luck went motherwells way tonight with the first goal unlike us who instead had Cummings miss his fresh air swipe when it was 0-0

marinello59
28-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Don't think so we are perfectly capable of doing that against Rangers and have done so three times this season. If you get the first goal against them they crumble. That little bit of luck went motherwells way tonight with the first goal unlike us who instead had Cummings miss his fresh air swipe when it was 0-0

You might be right. My take on it is the top league club has played at a higher level all season so has an advantage. Obviously we were sadly the exception to the rule.

Baader
29-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Did not see that one coming. Motherwell's pace really troubled the Huns.

Will make for an interesting second leg - especially if Rangers get an early penalty... :wink:

MWHIBBIES
29-05-2015, 01:03 AM
Not surprised by tonight's result. The Rangers are a poor team. Not sure Hibs would have done much better. And it should be a warning to Hertz that there is a step up from comfortably winning a league with Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton to the Premier League.We comfortably beat Ross County and took United to pens, there isn't that big a difference. The majority of the SPL is pretty awful, it is why teams who come up very rarely go back down in Scotland.

Pete
29-05-2015, 02:06 AM
It's 3am and I still feel the same. I'm now glad that Motherwell pumped the Huns and hope they finish the job. The perceived benefits of them being promoted are outweighed by the satisfaction in seeing them rot in this league for another year and the potential consequences. We will be relatively fine compared to them.

They were silent until they scored that goal and what was the first song they sung? An anthem that would rouse the team and show them that they are 100% behind them? No, it was a sectarian song called Derrys walls. Maybe that's their idea of encouragement.

They are everything that is wrong with Scottish football and Scottish society in general and I am now a 100% steel man for the next few days. The media will be laying it on thick so I hope Barraclough has them well drilled and ready to pick them off as Rangers are now showing signs of mental fatigue in my opinion. Boyd proved that he is still a handful with his excellent header and Well need to watch for constant deliveries into the box.

It's not over yet and I can see rangers dominating the second leg...but I want these ****s to suffer.

Steve20
29-05-2015, 05:09 AM
How anyone can be happy that we'll have to compete with Rangers next season is beyond me.

Get ready for the playoffs again.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2015, 05:42 AM
How anyone can be happy that we'll have to compete with Rangers next season is beyond me.

Not like you!

MWHIBBIES
29-05-2015, 06:09 AM
Finished above them this season, we can do it again.

Juice-Terry
29-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Motherwell were not very impressive last night. Took their chances well, but in general, two *****y teams on display.

The Gorf
29-05-2015, 06:18 AM
Finished above them this season, we can do it again.
But they were in disarray for most of the season not knowing if they were going to die or not. Now that their board level seems more settled maybe the players will have more confidence next season. Personally, I hope they go up.

Geo_1875
29-05-2015, 06:32 AM
But they were in disarray for most of the season not knowing if they were going to die or not. Now that their board level seems more settled maybe the players will have more confidence next season. Personally, I hope they go up.

They'll be ****ting bricks about not going up. Their multi-billionaire backers don't want to spend their own money trying to get them back to the premier league. If they stay down they'll be on the verge again.

Hibernian Verse
29-05-2015, 06:45 AM
Who were Rangers' stand out players last night?

Vuckic and Ferguson.

Who will be with them next season?

Neither of them.

They've bought their way to success long enough, and got a hand out from the English Premier League...but they still can't make the step up (it appears).

Phil MaGlass
29-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Dont yi just love Motherwell, f,n hahahaha, still laughing, hahaha. All that money wasted, I also do not think they will be great shakes next season, all we need is a flying unbeaten start.

Hedlund12
29-05-2015, 07:32 AM

I'd be delighted if they stay in same league as us. It's what they deserve. .. They are no better than Hibs. Hibs have noting to fear where they are concerned.

patlowe
29-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Fair enough, it will be harder to win the league next season if Rangers stay down, but I have a right to enjoy watching them flounder :greengrin

Seriously though, you never know what is around the corner with Rangers. I went into this season certain they would win the league but look what happened. There is a likelihood that similar calamity will befall them again IF they fail to get past Motherwell. It also shouldn't be forgotten that we finished above them in the table after our very own pretty calamitous beginning to the season.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2015, 07:48 AM
It's 3am and I still feel the same. I'm now glad that Motherwell pumped the Huns and hope they finish the job. The perceived benefits of them being promoted are outweighed by the satisfaction in seeing them rot in this league for another year and the potential consequences. We will be relatively fine compared to them.

They were silent until they scored that goal and what was the first song they sung? An anthem that would rouse the team and show them that they are 100% behind them? No, it was a sectarian song called Derrys walls. Maybe that's their idea of encouragement.

They are everything that is wrong with Scottish football and Scottish society in general and I am now a 100% steel man for the next few days. The media will be laying it on thick so I hope Barraclough has them well drilled and ready to pick them off as Rangers are now showing signs of mental fatigue in my opinion. Boyd proved that he is still a handful with his excellent header and Well need to watch for constant deliveries into the box.

It's not over yet and I can see rangers dominating the second leg...but I want these ****s to suffer.

Good post. It's all very well saying it will be harder for us next season if Rangers are still in the Championship, but it's hard to suddenly reverse a lifetime of thinking by wanting them to make progress. Perhaps heart rules head, but I'm glad they were pumped and loved watching them fail.

Danderhall Hibs
29-05-2015, 07:51 AM

If Hearts fans weren't so far up their own arse they'd maybe reevaluate their expectations. They've struggled this season in the big games and now Motherwell have just swatted one of those teams away.

Golden Bear
29-05-2015, 07:58 AM

Not often we agree - but in this case we do.

Ronniekirk
29-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Who were Rangers' stand out players last night?

Vuckic and Ferguson.

Who will be with them next season?

Neither of them.

They've bought their way to success long enough, and got a hand out from the English Premier League...but they still can't make the step up (it appears).

Mike Ashley may be willing to keep lending them players as part of some ongoing deal that allows him to keep taking money off The Rangers .King has indicated he will have to have a longer term plan and clearly can't afford to pay Ashley off just now and can't take him on head to head in court so some form of compromise may have to be reached and they will be desperate to hang on to these quality players On the other hand they are sellable commodities for Newcastle if they aren't going to be in their first team plans

Keith_M
29-05-2015, 08:00 AM

:troll:

Spike Mandela
29-05-2015, 08:10 AM
I admittedly underestimated Motherwell. I was convinced the winners of Hibs v Rangers would walk the final.

Maybe a little eye opener as to just where Hibs are at the moment and the way we have to go to be a Premier standard side.

Pace, width and more goalscorers required.

SlickShoes
29-05-2015, 08:14 AM

And at the end of September we were second bottom of the league, had a serious wobble around April too, Hibs can get a lot better than last season, not just Rangers that are capable of improving.

timewilltell
29-05-2015, 08:24 AM
And at the end of September we were second bottom of the league, had a serious wobble around April too, Hibs can get a lot better than last season, not just Rangers that are capable of improving.

Good point..! Agree

Gatecrasher
29-05-2015, 08:46 AM
I admittedly underestimated Motherwell. I was convinced the winners of Hibs v Rangers would walk the final.

Maybe a little eye opener as to just where Hibs are at the moment and the way we have to go to be a Premier standard side.

Motherwell were on top form last night, I watched them a few games this season and never came anywhere near that level. I'll be surprised if they can do that 2 games in a row.

marleyhib
29-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Shows to me 2 things we lack pace, and a strong front man - been apparent all season.

Hopefully we can get Boyle and with a fit Farid we'll go some way addressing these issues. I'd like to see us be more ruthless.

Rangers are a poor team.

franks
29-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Delighted with the result just hope (and expect) they finish them off in the next leg.

Looking forward to going toe to toe with the huns next season, come on the Well.

rotherhamrob
29-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Imo rangers lost last night because they thought all they had to do was turn up, did no one notice that they didn't park the bus like they did against us ?
They got found out for the arrogant barstewards that they are.
I couldn't care less who we face out of both those teams next year as I think we'll be better prepared than this year.

Blaster
29-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Imo rangers lost last night because they thought all they had to do was turn up, did no one notice that they didn't park the bus like they did against us ?
They got found out for the arrogant barstewards that they are.
I couldn't care less who we face out of both those teams next year as I think we'll be better prepared than this year.

Rangers lost because they lost the first goal and had to chase the game which exposes their defence

We would have beaten them had we got the first goal at ibrox

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2015, 09:51 AM
I watched a bit of Motherwell in their last few games, and i too underestimated them a little. They probably got their game plan better than us, by sitting back and hitting them on the break with pace.

Thats probably something we'd have struggled with, without the kind of pace they had wide.

In pure footballing terms, we are superior in the style we play and the way we pass the ball around than both Motherwell and The Rangers, but as McCall said on Saturday.

There's more than one way to win a football match, and he found that out last night.

Keith_M
29-05-2015, 09:53 AM
I quite liked this photo from The Herald

Onion
29-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Rangers lost because they lost the first goal and had to chase the game which exposes their defence

We would have beaten them had we got the first goal at ibrox

Correct ! Motherwell were desperately poor until they got their first goal, looked like the Huns were going to over-run them. The goal changed everything.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2015, 09:59 AM

They looked a very decent side in their last two or three Friday night home games on BT Sport, it was their away form that left me a bit dubious. They sorted that out last night.

Ronster117
29-05-2015, 10:38 AM
They looked a very decent side in their last two or three Friday night home games on BT Sport, it was their away form that left me a bit dubious. They sorted that out last night. I agree totally, I think wells away form hasn't been the best, they have their away tie oot the way now...at home they are better and I don't think sevco have it in their locker to beat a good well side at home by 2-3 goals, they might scrape a 1-0 or a 2-1, but my money is on Motherwell winning their home tie against a very poor sevco team.

JimBHibees
29-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Motherwell were not very impressive last night. Took their chances well, but in general, two *****y teams on display.

Their counter attack play was brilliant, the third goal was a fantastic goal.

Bad Martini
29-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Their counter attack play was brilliant, the third goal was a fantastic goal.

Delighted. Would've liked to see a bit more of their smug pusses after the game but there's only so much hunnishness I can endure in one night, even when the manky bigots get slapped.

MON THE WELL though. We will gub the huns next season (assuming the funny hand shakes dont come out and we end up with a 16 team league which IS very possible...dont kid yerselves, these bams will have discussed it behind closed doors as a plan b for hun return to the top).

Anyways, up the bams. Radges. :aok:

angus hibee
29-05-2015, 01:41 PM
The ideal scenario would be Rangers stay down. Next season Hibs get promoted automatically having won the league and Rangers fail to get through the play offs for the second year in a row. Yah beauty!

erin go bragh
29-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Ha ha , ha ha , ha ha ha ha ha ha . Had a wee ten spot on Well to win , with both to score at 11/2 . Sevco are murder .Play anti football and deserve to be in the Championship next season .

GGTTH

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-05-2015, 02:18 PM
The play off system is heavily weighted against the championship side especially the one finishing 3rd and 4th. Must get harder and harder with each game. Shows how well Alex Neil and Hamilton did last year. Grr.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2015, 08:58 PM
The play off system is heavily weighted against the championship side especially the one finishing 3rd and 4th. Must get harder and harder with each game. Shows how well Alex Neil and Hamilton did last year. Grr.

Hamilton finished second last season.

snooky
29-05-2015, 09:03 PM
They looked a very decent side in their last two or three Friday night home games on BT Sport, it was their away form that left me a bit dubious. They sorted that out last night.

Rankers are still in it - let's not forget that. We came back from Hamilton with a 2 goal lead and then.....
At ain't over till Sally McCoist sings.