PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Hibeesmad
11-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Just realised he has only ever recieved 1 red card in his career- a second yellow card in the 90th minute away to St Mirren in 2012. Very impressive record for a defender, shows how good of a tackler he actually is

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2015, 05:38 AM
Just realised he has only ever recieved 1 red card in his career- a second yellow card in the 90th minute away to St Mirren in 2012. Very impressive record for a defender, shows how good of a tackler he actually is

Didnt he get a retro versus the yams?

hibsbollah
11-05-2015, 06:09 AM
Lewis Stevenson thread alert:hide:

greenlex
12-05-2015, 02:24 AM

Yes

Hibeesmad
12-05-2015, 02:51 AM

Yeah, however he has only been sent off once during match

Seveno
12-05-2015, 10:38 AM
He also keeps his mouth shut which avoids a lot of yellow cards. Are you listening Mr Craig ?

Northernhibee
12-05-2015, 11:44 AM
He also keeps his mouth shut which avoids a lot of yellow cards. Are you listening Mr Craig ?

Any excuse to have a go, eh?

MrRobot
12-05-2015, 12:49 PM

This thread is about Lewis Stevenson, can we not keep it that way?

If you want to go moaning about players, especially when we have got second like we were aiming for after Hearts stormed it, can you not just sit in a darkened room on your own and you can do it as much as you want?

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 12:55 PM

Shows how we, (and particularly stevenson and hanlon) have been too soft in recent years IMO.

matty_f
12-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Shows how we, (and particularly stevenson and hanlon) have been too soft in recent years IMO.

Yes, that's exactly what it shows. Couldn't possibly be that they time tackles well or are good at what they do.

lyonhibs
12-05-2015, 12:58 PM

If being "hard " means racking up needless yellow card and thus suspensions, then count me out.

Not saying we haven't been too soft in the past few years but a lack of yellow card does not de facto equal being too soft

QMU-1875
12-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Yes, that's exactly what it shows. Couldn't possibly be that they time tackles well or are good at what they do.

To be honest I can't help but agree with lunatic. Stevenson and Hanlon could do with being a bit more ruthless at the back, something I felt Nelson really added to the side when he was here. Both could certainly do with being a bit more no nonsense like Nelson was.

Kojock
12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Defenders who pick up a lot of bookings are neither hard or no nonsense. They either lack the ability to tackle properly or are too slow to keep up with the attacker hence the need to foul. Hanlon and Stevenson both have pace and ability so both will do for me thanks.

Jones28
12-05-2015, 01:39 PM

That's right out of the Terry Butcher Footballing textbook.

Jones28
12-05-2015, 01:40 PM
To be honest I can't help but agree with lunatic. Stevenson and Hanlon could do with being a bit more ruthless at the back, something I felt Nelson really added to the side when he was here. Both could certainly do with being a bit more no nonsense like Nelson was.

You must be joking.

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 01:42 PM

Nelson?

That's me convinced now.

LTYF

jdships
12-05-2015, 03:24 PM

:blah::violin:

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 04:56 PM
:blah::violin:

Thanks for that. Trying to boost your post count or just lacking in constructive responses?

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Our form (this season apart) tells that story. IMO of course

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 05:14 PM
If being "hard " means racking up needless yellow card and thus suspensions, then count me out.

Not saying we haven't been too soft in the past few years but a lack of yellow card does not de facto equal being too soft

No, but a good defender should average a few more Id reckon. Look at your John Terry's, your Ivanovic's and (probably more relatively) your davey weir's or Andy Websters. Any means necessary to stop opposition.

Hibeesmad
12-05-2015, 05:17 PM
No, but a good defender should average a few more Id reckon. Look at your John Terry's, your Ivanovic's and (probably more relatively) your davey weir's or Andy Websters. Any means necessary to stop opposition.

Ledley King only picked up 10 yellow cards in 326 appearances for Spurs. He was quality

As far as I'm aware, Phillip Lahm has never been sent off in his entire career with Bayern Munich

The_Horde
12-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Ledley King only picked up 10 yellow cards in 326 appearances for Spurs. He was quality

As far as I'm aware, Phillip Lahm has never been sent off in his entire career with Bayern Munich

Paul Hanlon = Ledley King
Lewis Stevenson = Phillip Lahm :agree:

jdships
12-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks for that. Trying to boost your post count or just lacking in constructive responses?

Neither , just echoing what many of the posters and most of my Hibbee pals think of your criticsm of Hanlon and Stevenson

:flag:

Brightside
12-05-2015, 08:24 PM

hahahah yeh we want more players who mis-time tackles and get sent off every week! No more of this football stuff - bring back butcher!

bingo70
12-05-2015, 08:29 PM
hahahah yeh we want more players who mis-time tackles and get sent off every week! No more of this football stuff - bring back butcher!

Not really what's being said though is it?

Top defenders have usually got a cynical side and will do whatever it takes to stop the other team scoring. I think the poster you've quoted is questioning whether Stevenson abd Hanlon have that ruthless streak, I'm not sure they do either.

Brightside
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Not really what's being said though is it?

Top defenders have usually got a cynical side and will do whatever it takes to stop the other team scoring. I think the poster you've quoted is questioning whether Stevenson abd Hanlon have that ruthless streak, I'm not sure they do either.

TOP defenders have nothing of the sort. We've build a team of players who from front to back are ball players. The game moves on. Hanlon biggest quality is reading the game so he gets in ahead of a striker rather than having to fire through the back of him. He's more than capable of getting stuck in also but a player on the deck is a player out of the game.

B.H.F.C
12-05-2015, 09:03 PM
TOP defenders have nothing of the sort. We've build a team of players who from front to back are ball players. The game moves on. Hanlon biggest quality is reading the game so he gets in ahead of a striker rather than having to fire through the back of him. He's more than capable of getting stuck in also but a player on the deck is a player out of the game.

Watch the Italians tomorrow night and come back and tell us top defenders don't have a cynical side.

keep the faith
12-05-2015, 09:13 PM

Hahahaha!!

Nelson was one of the worst footballers I have ever had the misfortune to watch in a hibs strip.

Thank God those days are gone!!

Seveno
12-05-2015, 09:18 PM
This thread is about Lewis Stevenson, can we not keep it that way?

If you want to go moaning about players, especially when we have got second like we were aiming for after Hearts stormed it, can you not just sit in a darkened room on your own and you can do it as much as you want?

I was praising Lewis and making a valid point about Liam Craig. I was not criticising any of his performances but making the point that he is no good to us if he gets suspended.

My apologies for the fact that there are so many touchy people on this board.

Brightside
12-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Watch the Italians tomorrow night and come back and tell us top defenders don't have a cynical side.

You don't need it though. Both players are more than able to mix it if required but the idea if you are not going through players every week you are somehow not hard enough is dated approach still pushed by the butchers and malpas's of the world. No thanks. Are we really a better team if some of our defenders miss a few games a season due to suspension? Ramos would be a damn sight better if he didn't get booked in almost every game.

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 09:22 PM

Paulo Maldini once said "if I have to make a tackle I have failed to defend correctly." or words to that effect.

Brightside
12-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Paulo Maldini once said "if I have to make a tackle I have failed to defend correctly." or words to that effect.

Indeed....one of the best of all time.

B.H.F.C
12-05-2015, 09:28 PM
You don't need it though. Both players are more than able to mix it if required but the idea if you are not going through players every week you are somehow not hard enough is dated approach still pushed by the butchers and malpas's of the world. No thanks. Are we really a better team if some of our defenders miss a few games a season due to suspension? Ramos would be a damn sight better if he didn't get booked in almost every game.

I never suggested they get booked more often. Or boot the opposition up and down the place. I just think that the vast majority of top defenders have the cynical side previously mentioned. Wasn't particularly having a go at any Hibs player when I said it. But there is obviously a number of differences between our defenders and top defenders. Maybe this is one of them.

MrRobot
15-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I was praising Lewis and making a valid point about Liam Craig. I was not criticising any of his performances but making the point that he is no good to us if he gets suspended.

My apologies for the fact that there are so many touchy people on this board.

Is this thread about Liam Craig's arguing with refs or Lewis Stevensons discipline?

heidtheba
15-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Was just about to post about Maldini, what, one red in 1000 games and that was in a friendly? Well done for this Lewis.

Famous Fiver
15-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Sevco reportedly interested in signing him.

Northernhibee
15-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Please no.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Hahahaha!!

Nelson was one of the worst footballers I have ever had the misfortune to watch in a hibs strip.

Thank God those days are gone!!

Nelson was far away from being one of our worst ever players.

PatHead
15-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Pedant alert. Did he not get a red card against ABerdeen from our friend The cheat thompson? It was later rescinded though:greengrin

silverhibee
15-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Seemingly not the only club showing a interest in Lewis.

Peevemor
15-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Lewis no more? Harris no more? This has the makings of a Proclaimers song.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Lewis no more? Harris no more? This has the makings of a Proclaimers song.
:agree:

DH1875
16-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Have we offered him a deal?

JimBHibees
16-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Expect more of this nonsense in the next few days. Couldn't believe JC was again on front page of the daily ranger this week.