PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

One Day
02-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Any one else notice him disappear down the tunnel at the final whistle and not stay with the rest to clap the fans.

Is it just a huff or could there be something more sinister?

McKenzie
02-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Any one else notice him disappear down the tunnel at the final whistle and not stay with the rest to clap the fans.

Took a whack in the ribs prior to that from a Falkirk boy, nothing more sinister I feel. Guy was different class today

Stewboy
02-05-2015, 06:45 PM

Jesus wept

greenlex
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Jesus wept

To be fair he did the same at Dumbarton.

Stewboy
02-05-2015, 06:49 PM
So that's the way he is. He scores goals, plays well etc. who cares if he just goes down the tunnel

greenlex
02-05-2015, 06:54 PM
It's the way he is at the moment. Wasn't like that before.

Scott Allan Key
02-05-2015, 06:55 PM

The only thing sinister about this is having our own fans being daft enough to scapegoat one of our best players.

Hiber-nation
02-05-2015, 06:59 PM

Couldn't get him off the pitch at tynie in the game before the African Nations. Hopefully he made a sharp exit to get some treatment. If not then it's strange why a player wouldn't want to celebrate 2nd in the league with his team mates and the fans.

tamig
02-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Was there not a thread just like this a few weeks ago? Jeezo.

One Day
02-05-2015, 07:01 PM

That's exactly what I meant, maybe sinister was to heavy a word, maybe more than meets the eye.

jacomo
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM

I think we (the collective support) have upset him and he's no happy about it. Someone better than me could invent a good song for him to demonstrate our love!

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes, I noticed as well but made up my mind to haud ma wheesht in order to avoid a repeat of the previous "speculation"

SaulGoodman
02-05-2015, 07:04 PM
He's a hero.

Was a gent at the sponsors night. Always poses for photos and he's just joined twitter so give him a follow. He seems fine on that.

So what he doesn't celebrate, big deal.

Mon_the_cabbage
02-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Jesus wept

To be fair he did the same at Dumbarton.

I think we should cut him some slack.

It's great that Jesus is following us to away games so don't criticise him for getting emotional!

:greengrin

Carheenlea
02-05-2015, 07:07 PM
He acknowledge the fans chanting his song as he made his way back up the pitch after scoring the third.
He took a sore one close to full time, shook hands and got a pat on his back from Alan Stubbs as he headed down tunnel.

ancient hibee
02-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Considering he got dogs abuse at ER and on here only a few weeks ago why would he hang about clapping fans-glad he's not a hypocrite.Incidentally in my young days Gordon Smith used to run straight off and didn't stop to shake hands with guys who'd been trying to kick lumps out of him

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I would be worried if there was a lack of goals to celebrate. That means just now, I am no worried.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-05-2015, 07:13 PM
To be fair to the OP, it's a fair question to ask. When 10 out of 11 players go to the fans after a crucial win and 1 disappears down the tunnel then it's suggests something's up. Hopefully it's just the knock he took.
He's in great form, just wish he would cheer up a bit. The fans have been great to him apart from the Hearts game. He needs to put that behind him

Billychaotic182
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Tweeted he was worried about Jordon. Probably went to see how he was

Broken Gnome
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
King Dom.

https://twitter.com/DomsMalonga/status/594529426207014912

tamig
02-05-2015, 07:19 PM
To be fair to the OP, it's a fair question to ask. When 10 out of 11 players go to the fans after a crucial win and 1 disappears down the tunnel then it's suggests something's up. Hopefully it's just the knock he took.
He's in great form, just wish he would cheer up a bit. The fans have been great to him apart from the Hearts game. He needs to put that behind him
To be fair, the criticism he took at and after the hertz game was outrageous. If that's what's behind his lack of celebrations and stuff I can empathise with him.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 07:21 PM
King Dom.

What a legend. Backing Floyd tonight as well, thought I was the only one. Good lad.

If he keeps playing like he has the last 3 games he can never celebrate again and run off the park as fast as he likes for all I care.

Arch Stanton
02-05-2015, 07:21 PM
He's a star and he wants to be left alone - like Greta Garbo. Or moody like James Dean.

Anyway I think this sultry persona he has developed is cool. :agree:

Seveno
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
He's a star and he wants to be left alone - like Greta Garbo. Or moody like James Dean.

Anyway I think this sultry persona he has developed is cool. :agree:

:top marksHe scored a goal and looked class throughout. Nuff said.

Andy74
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Pathetic.

marinello59
02-05-2015, 07:27 PM

He played well today and scored as well. I can't see any need to try and dig out a negative here.

Shrekko
02-05-2015, 07:28 PM
To be fair, the criticism he took at and after the hertz game was outrageous. If that's what's behind his lack of celebrations and stuff I can empathise with him.

I agree. Other players have been more demonstrative with their celebrations after being abused by fans but I think he's more than entitled to not jump into the crowd when he scores if he doesn't feel it's appropriate.

I think he's still getting far too much stick from a section of the crowd at the moment. I had people all round me today blaming him for everything- some of which was nothing to do with him. Some people just can't let go when they've found a scapegoat. The guy has been a superb signing overall despite a drop in his form a few weeks ago.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Between getting back from Africa and coming on at Livi 10 days ago he was miles of it. And I think a lot of the stick was deserved. He wasn't applying himself properly. No way IMO.

Then he came on at Livi and the first thing he did was close the ball down. It got the crowd on his side right away and he hasn't looked back.

if he's at it I think we're a better team because his touch is so good that he brings others in to the game. Hitting form at the right time as well.

wookie70
02-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Played very well today and there looked like a partnership was forming with Jason which is good news. Looked fine celebrating his goal and giving the fans and nice No 1 gesture. His work rate has been excellent since the Hearts game and although the criticism was over the top it may have drove him on to prove his doubters wrong. It worked with Sparky so lets hope Dom is the same

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 07:38 PM
I couldn't care if Malonga went along the front row of Hibs fans and pissed all over them. If he scores I'm happy! Really don't care that much about him tbh.

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Sounds a bit extreme I suppose, but I tend to bracket those who don't rate Dom, or those that try to invent evidence of him being a bad influence in the dressing room, or those that started propagating the bizarre idea that he somehow faked injury in the derby, as folk who know nothing about football and not really worth listening to.

Try paying attention to him play. Hes ****ing class.

aljo7-0
02-05-2015, 07:41 PM
I couldn't care if Malonga went along the front row of Hibs fans and pissed all over them. If he scores I'm happy! Really don't care that much about him tbh.

Assuming you never sit in the front row the Mr Cat :greengrin

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 07:42 PM

I'm usually 3 rows back [emoji16]

aljo7-0
02-05-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm usually 3 rows back [emoji16]

Ok - but watch out for the spray :wink:

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Ok - but watch out for the spray :wink:

I'll bring my rain coat just in case!!

Beefster
02-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Pathetic.

Yup. I can only imagine how bad it would be if Malonga wasn't actually one of our best players.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Yup. I can only imagine how bad it would be if Malonga wasn't actually one of our best players.

Tbf the vast majority of the thread has been very supportive of Malonga.

McKenzie
02-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Sounds a bit extreme I suppose, but I tend to bracket those who don't rate Dom, or those that try to invent evidence of him being a bad influence in the dressing room, or those that started propagating the bizarre idea that he somehow faked injury in the derby, as folk who know nothing about football and not really worth listening to.

This. Best all round striker we have in terms of general play and goals. Showed today, however, a better work rate closing down which he generally lacks.

SteveHFC
02-05-2015, 08:28 PM
He's a hero.

Was a gent at the sponsors night. Always poses for photos and he's just joined twitter so give him a follow. He seems fine on that.

So what he doesn't celebrate, big deal.

:agree:

I don't celebrate if i score. That's because i'm a miserable ****. :greengrin

InterviewLoI
02-05-2015, 08:49 PM
He's a bonafide member of the Amir Blumenfeld Foundation of not giving a $h1t, which was exactly what we needed at the time of his goal today. We've seen DjeDje, Boyle, Cummings, Heff, Farid etc miss those in the past so it was important to have someone like Dom who has no fears at all. I'm a massive Malonga fan

HappyAsHellas
02-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Always wanted us to sing this for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsM8I2zqUZI

Obviously change Coliccini for Diminiqe -ay and it'll be fine

Oh Dominique-ay you are the love of my life
Oh Dominique-ay I'll let you **** my wife
Oh Dominique-ay you can video it too.....na na na na.........

If BouncerRoss is reading this perhaps he could get a bit practice before the play offs.:greengrin

Didn't realise sh*g was a swear word.

Stokesy's on fire
02-05-2015, 09:21 PM
When our players scored and hugs his teams mates and smiles read into that and enjoy the fact that player had scored opposed to reading Into silly crap

GreenCastle
02-05-2015, 09:26 PM
He's a good player at this level - has scored several important goals this season and play to his strengths and he will do well.

Long balls in the air don't suit him - he links play up well too.

He may not run around like a headless chicken but he does have quality which is something we have lacked over the last few seasons up top.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Doublehashtag Malongoals can do what he wants if he keeps slamming in fresh goals.

Arch Stanton
02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
When our players scored and hugs his teams mates and smiles read into that and enjoy the fact that player had scored opposed to reading Into silly crap

You could send that into the Radio 4 Poetry Programme - I've heard worse. :greengrin

poolman
02-05-2015, 09:57 PM

Read that post a few times and haven't a clue what it means

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM

The gist of it is is that badgrandpa is a fan of Malonga. I think. Right ?!

Alex Trager
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM
King Dom.

Gutted you put this up.
I wanted to.

He is an absolute hero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
02-05-2015, 10:14 PM
I've said before that his body language is disappointing and he is definitely not a team player but, as long as he delivers during the game, we can put up with his attitude. If it continues into next season and he is still indifferent to team spirit, I think Stubbs will have to take him aside and sort it out.

Peevemor
02-05-2015, 10:23 PM
I've said before that his body language is disappointing and he is definitely not a team player but, as long as he delivers during the game, we can put up with his attitude. If it continues into next season and he is still indifferent to team spirit, I think Stubbs will have to take him aside and sort it out.

The goal he put on a plate for Cummings last week suggests otherwise, as do the posts from trusted, connected .netters who say that he has a great relationship with his teammates.

hibees 7062
02-05-2015, 10:24 PM

:top marks

Jim44
02-05-2015, 10:33 PM
I don't want to harp on about Malonga, especially when he is doing the business, but his indifference, feigned or otherwise is unnatural. For me, a big part of the game is about players openly relating to their team mates and just as importantly to the supporters. Malonga just doesn't do that at the moment and as long as it continues he will come under fire.

Andy74
02-05-2015, 10:36 PM
I don't want to harp on about Malonga, especially when he is doing the business, but his indifference, feigned or otherwise is unnatural. For me, a big part of the game is about players openly relating to their team mates and just as importantly to the supporters. Malonga just doesn't do that at the moment and as long as it continues he will come under fire.

Did you miss all the players celebrating with him? He's very popular with the other players so time for a few of you to get over this nonsense and let him get on with it.

portycabbage
02-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Unless he's secretly Gary Locke deep undercover :wink:

Peevemor
02-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Did you miss all the players celebrating with him? He's very popular with the other players so time for a few of you to get over this nonsense and let him get on with it.

Exactly. After Cummings' goal last week every player went to congratulate both Jason for the goal and Malonga for the assist, something that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't part of the 'team'.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Unless he's secretly Gary Locke deep undercover :wink:

Oi... Call me anything but Mr Locke 😜

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Exactly. After Cummings' goal last week every player went to congratulate both Jason for the goal and Malonga for the assist, something that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't part of the 'team'.

Looked like the boys really want him to do well.

Jim44
02-05-2015, 11:08 PM

No I didn't miss all the players celebrating with him, but I think I missed him celebrating with all the players. I'm conscious of a strong difference of opinion on this issue, and I sense that I'm unpopular for interpreting Malonga's attitude the way I do, so, as team and supporter morale is uppermost, I'm not going to harp on about it and let sleeping dogs lie.

GGTTH

--------
02-05-2015, 11:51 PM

I don't think it sounds extreme at all, bollah.

The guy's a class act, and I agree - those who can't see it don't know much about the game.

The thread a couple of weeks back about him faking injury was a disgrace - nine times out of ten "a good source tells me on excellent authority" surely means "I heard a bit of gossip and I just can't wait to spread it around on the fans' forum".

I loathe the current fashion for over-exuberant rehearsed goal celebrations and players running to the stands and disappearing into a ruck of dancing wee boys - if Joe Baker, Neil Martin and Alan Gordon could ply their trade and score goals at the rate they did without constantly milking the adulation of the more intellectually-challenged sections of the support, then Dom should be able to do the same without being accused of a lack of team spirit or even of disloyalty to the club.

24 starts and 5 subs, 16 goals from Dom; 42 starts and 14 subs, 20 goals from Jason - figures don't lie. We finally have a couple of good strikers both scoring regularly and playing for and with one another. With Farid, Boyle, and Dje Dje as back-up.

But some folks just have to single one of those guys out to get after.

It's not Dom Malonga's loyalty to the club I doubt - it's the loyalty and motives of the scandalmongers and gossips who seem determined to pick on him for anything or nothing.

SaulGoodman
02-05-2015, 11:55 PM
I follow: Malonga, Cummings, Roberston, Fontaine and Scott Allan on twitter and the harmony in the squad is clear to see.

It looks like they are all enjoying playing together. Malonga included.

EDIT: @DomsMalonga: A young @HibsOfficial fan give me #the best gift of the year# thank you little boy #minidom# http://t.co/7Rehe1W4HU

@DomsMalonga: @ScottAllan_ player of the year Well done my man #leodicaprio# lol

@DomsMalonga: I have forgetten in my speech last night my teammate and favorite to watch @DMcGeouch Aka #iniesta# #DNAtalent# http://t.co/RvrgYerEXD

@DomsMalonga: Well done today lads, but all my focus was for my man @jordonforster6 hope he back for #playofftime# #unlucky# http://t.co/HotY1oPcK6

matty_f
02-05-2015, 11:58 PM
I follow: Malonga, Cummings, Roberston, Fontaine and Scott Allan on twitter and the harmony in the squad is clear to see.

--------
03-05-2015, 12:05 AM

EDIT: @DomsMalonga: A young @HibsOfficial fan give me #the best gift of the year# thank you little boy #minidom# http://t.co/7Rehe1W4HU

@DomsMalonga: @ScottAllan_ player of the year Well done my man #leodicaprio# lol

@DomsMalonga: I have forgetten in my speech last night my teammate and favorite to watch @DMcGeouch Aka #iniesta# #DNAtalent# http://t.co/RvrgYerEXD

@DomsMalonga: Well done today lads, but all my focus was for my man @jordonforster6 hope he back for #playofftime# #unlucky# http://t.co/HotY1oPcK6

:aok: Thanks for those quotes. They say it all.

dp00
03-05-2015, 12:17 AM
I always worried he didn't get along with the rest of the team and always appeared to be the one left out but from looking on Twitter he appears to be one of the lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
03-05-2015, 06:49 AM

Never post on forums under the influence!!!

greenlex
03-05-2015, 07:08 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Even him. His body language has changed and that ain't right. There is something amiss.

sleeping giant
03-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Yes you do.

superfurryhibby
03-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I think it's reasonable for fans on a fans forum to call into question a players unusual take on fairly entrenched football "norms", ie; show some acknowledgement of others contribution, share the emotions that come with scoring a goal etc.

When things were not going so well a month or so ago, it would be strange if the attitude wasn't commented on?

Now we all know. Malonga is well liked, his teammates rate him highly and he respects them. He's a bit of a fandango and pretty stubborn, but his lack of enthusiasm for displaying his satisfaction over scoring doesn't mean that he's in any way an arrogant, self centred prima donna. It merely indicates a complex individual who chooses an awkward path. He's a sensitive laddie, a bit of a talented enigma and he's got enough self conceit to want to add to the creation of his own mythology. Like many an artiste.

Is that the Malonga issue put to bed for at least a few weeks, until at least the first leg of the play off semi.

Waxy
03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Even him. His body language has changed and that ain't right. There is something amiss.Maybe he's just changed his passion for glory and has the eye of the tiger.

Hibbyradge
03-05-2015, 09:42 AM

He desperately needed a Parliament Lobby.

Hibbyradge
03-05-2015, 09:49 AM
It's not Dom Malonga's loyalty to the club I doubt - it's the loyalty and motives of the scandalmongers and gossips who seem determined to pick on him for anything or nothing.

Well said.

Hibbyradge
03-05-2015, 09:51 AM

End off!

lord bunberry
03-05-2015, 12:29 PM

The guy on forth 2 is forever giving him stick, saying he doesn't look interested.

CockneyRebel
03-05-2015, 12:34 PM

I think you would care if you were in the front row!

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 12:35 PM
I think you would care if you were in the front row!

Yeah but my ST is three rows back so should be safe bar for a little splash back.

SunshineOnLeith
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM
He scored. Hibs won.

Good news, or something more sinister?

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 01:07 PM

Yes noticed it too and wondered why myself, don't really get some of the responses on here to your question, totally over the top from some folk.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Pathetic.

Yes I agree, a pathetic response to a simple question.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Yes noticed it too and wondered why myself, don't really get some of the responses on here to your question, totally over the top from some folk.

You really don't get why the continued singling out of one of our own players is getting a response?

He has been accused of feigning injury, bring unprofessional, of not being a team player, of being unpopular. All nonsense and all based on how he chooses to walk or celebrate or whatever.

It's been carrying on for weeks. He played well again yesterday and scored again and we get another thread.

If you think it was just a simple question then you are missing the point.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 01:24 PM
You really don't get why the continued singling out of one of our own players is getting a response?

He has been accused of feigning injury, bring unprofessional, of not being a team player, of being unpopular. All nonsense and all based on how he chooses to walk or celebrate or whatever.

It's been carrying on for weeks. He played well again yesterday and scored again and we get another thread.

If you think it was just a simple question then you are missing the point.

No you are missing the point the guy asked a question, you and others chose to interpret that as a slagging of Malonga. I asked the very same question to a few folk after the match nothing sinister in it at all, nor did anyone around me take it as being so!

green day
03-05-2015, 01:30 PM
The guy on forth 2 is forever giving him stick, saying he doesn't look interested.

Stevie Cowan gives him stick every game.......and almost on cue Dom pops up with a killer goal.

He also says Cummings needs to work harder, shoot with his right foot etc.

Its a theme, SC was a striker so no surprise he critiques our strikers.

Mind you, I do seem to remember Stevie being accused of being a bit portly/slow during his time here!

FWIW in my opinion, Dom is a striker and should be judged on his goals/link up play, not his celebrations.

portycabbage
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Oi... Call me anything but Mr Locke 

Well, if I see a hopeful looking Gary Locke at the next home game, sitting in the front row screaming "gie it tae Malonga!", you may have questions to answer!:wink::greengrin

portycabbage
03-05-2015, 01:41 PM

End off!

Mon the Dom! Get well soon Jordon.

H18S NX
03-05-2015, 01:59 PM

I don't celebrate if i score. That's because i'm a miserable ****. :greengrin Cant remember the last time i scored (i'm 64) but i f i ever do again you could never wipe the smile off my face.:hug::tee hee:

superfurryhibby
03-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Stevie Cowan gives him stick every game.......and almost on cue Dom pops up with a killer goal.

Mind you, I do seem to remember Stevie being accused of being a bit portly/slow during his time here!

FWIW in my opinion, Dom is a striker and should be judged on his goals/link up play, not his celebrations.

Cowan was a lazy bass. Did well for one season with Willie Irvine beside him, then pretty much disappeared. He was nae athlete.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
No you are missing the point the guy asked a question, you and others chose to interpret that as a slagging of Malonga. I asked the very same question to a few folk after the match nothing sinister in it at all, nor did anyone around me take it as being so!

I don't care how many people asked the question. It's still a daft one.

We know his style pretty well now. It's not impacting his game or his team mates so no idea why it is still an issue which is being repeated every week.

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Well, if I see a hopeful looking Gary Locke at the next home game, sitting in the front row screaming "gie it tae Malonga!", you may have questions to answer!:wink::greengrin

Would be funny if he comes to our next game 😁

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't care how many people asked the question. It's still a daft one.

We know his style pretty well now. It's not impacting his game or his team mates so no idea why it is still an issue which is being repeated every week.

You don't half come out with some rubbish on here, let me explain to you in simple terms in the hope you might just understand. The question was asked about YESTERDAYS situation nothing else, no one said it was impacting his game or that it was an issue outstanding it was a question about yesterday nothing else which I and other people have asked. I don't know who you think you are with your daft question comment, players applaud the support,one is missing and some people ask why seems pretty ordinary to me. Pretty sure if the question had been about a different player who was absent you wouldn't be so quick to mount your high horse!

eastmainsmsh
03-05-2015, 02:54 PM

He maybe needed a dump lol

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 02:58 PM
He maybe needed a dump lol

Yes that would be acceptable :-)

Andy74
03-05-2015, 03:00 PM
You don't half come out with some rubbish on here, let me explain to you in simple terms in the hope you might just understand. The question was asked about YESTERDAYS situation nothing else, no one said it was impacting his game or that it was an issue outstanding it was a question about yesterday nothing else which I and other people have asked. I don't know who you think you are with your daft question comment, players applaud the support,one is missing and some people ask why seems pretty ordinary to me. Pretty sure if the question had been about a different player who was absent you wouldn't be so quick to mount your high horse!

Malonga has been discussed to death so of course yet another comment about exactly the same thing is daft.

We know how he behaves. There's nothing in it. That applies to yesterday the same as all the other occasions where the same thing has been discussed.

You will be aware that he has been accused of feigning injury, for not being a team player etc etc so I think you are being a bit simplistic treating this one question as an isolated one.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Malonga has been discussed to death so of course yet another comment about exactly the same thing is daft.

We know how he behaves. There's nothing in it. That applies to yesterday the same as all the other occasions where the same thing has been discussed.

You will be aware that he has been accused of feigning injury, for not being a team player etc etc so I think you are being a bit simplistic treating this one question as an isolated one.

Hahaha there you go again simplistic now! You are priceless you really are. While completely ignoring my point about any other player tut tut.

Keith_M
03-05-2015, 03:09 PM
There's some real over-reactions on here to what appears to be a simple question.

When I read the OP, it came over as someone that was concerned over Malonga, nothing else.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
There's some real over-reactions on here to what appears to be a simple question.

When I read the OP, it came over as someone that was concerned over Malonga, nothing else.

Yep absolutely spot on but apparently asking about Malonga is taboo on here!

tamig
03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Cowan was a lazy bass. Did well for one season with Willie Irvine beside him, then pretty much disappeared. He was nae athlete.

Stevie Cowan was a great finisher. And it was Gordon Durie who was his partner during his best spell with us.

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Malonga is a huffy barsteward at times and his work rate in some games is poor.

But, he's been superb for us this season overall and his goals have been important! I do think his head was somewhere else when he returned from ACN but Stubbs looks to have him back to his best! I like the lad but I feel he will be away in the summer! If he's not I'll be happy enough to see him here another year!

tamig
03-05-2015, 03:25 PM

I think it's because it's a recurring theme and has surfaced repeatedly over the past few weeks. The implication - in my view and that of others - is that the person raising the question is asking if there is something sinister afoot. Many posters have provided evidence to show that all appears well with Dom - yet others continue to comment about his demeanour and attitude being suspect. It's pretty clear to me that that is the guy's style. He's had a great first season with us and that will do for me - whether he celebrates when he scores or runs up the tunnel at the end of a game or not.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Sure he received a meaty challenge just prior to final whistle.

He has done well at Hibs, scored many important goals for us, and I am told he is well liked by player's and staff alike.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
I think it's because it's a recurring theme and has surfaced repeatedly over the past few weeks. The implication - in my view and that of others - is that the person raising the question is asking if there is something sinister afoot. Many posters have provided evidence to show that all appears well with Dom - yet others continue to comment about his demeanour and attitude being suspect. It's pretty clear to me that that is the guy's style. He's had a great first season with us and that will do for me - whether he celebrates when he scores or runs up the tunnel at the end of a game or not.

Yep, exactly my point.

Arch Stanton
03-05-2015, 03:54 PM

I'm sorry but there was no concern whatsoever in the OP.

Not staying to clap the fans? Huff or something more sinister? I mean to say!

greenlex
03-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry but there was no concern whatsoever in the OP.

Not staying to clap the fans? Huff or something more sinister? I mean to say! the OP has already said fairly early on that sinister was not the right word. Have your say but give the guy a break FFS.

It is not normal to act like he is in these circumstances. "Sinister" or otherwise something isn't right with him. As long as he is still positively contributing as he is then that's fine by me. Doesn't stop me wondering or indeed wishing to discuss it.

bigwheel
03-05-2015, 05:11 PM
As a complete guess, I would say he perhaps read some of the nasty comments that were posted on here and social media a few weeks ago, and feels hurt by them.

I frankly would agree with him, they were over the top.

Blanking out the fans isn't a way to create a new love in though.....so he will have to do it with his feet...

A play off final winning brace will do just the trick...

Arch Stanton
03-05-2015, 05:39 PM
the OP has already said fairly early on that sinister was not the right word. Have your say but give the guy a break FFS.

It is not normal to act like he is in these circumstances. "Sinister" or otherwise something isn't right with him. As long as he is still positively contributing as he is then that's fine by me. Doesn't stop me wondering or indeed wishing to discuss it.

My response was a valid correction to a comment specifically about the original post - not about later ones. And where on earth do you see me giving the original poster grief FFS?

And as to "It is not normal to act like he is in these circumstances.", would it be too much to ask you to go through the highlights and quote chapter and verse where he isn't meeting your expectations?

I saw about half a dozen instances of him showing a great attitude, including recognition to the fans!!

CockneyRebel
03-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Stevie Cowan was a great finisher. And it was Gordon Durie who was his partner during his best spell with us.

That's how I remember it.

superfurryhibby
03-05-2015, 05:54 PM

Aye, I bow to your more accurate memory. :not worth

He was still a player whose "style" didn't endear himself to the fans in his second, less successful season. His meagre return compared his rather excellent 1st season maybe contributed because I do remember him getting pelters, often.

Without checking, I think Cowan played way more games for us than he did for the Sheep. He thrived as a foil to Durie, who was raw but still some player.

Malanga is way more a footballer than Cowan ever was.

greenlex
03-05-2015, 06:06 PM
My response was a valid correction to a comment specifically about the original post - not about later ones. And where on earth do you see me giving the original poster grief FFS?

And as to "It is not normal to act like he is in these circumstances.", would it be too much to ask you to go through the highlights and quote chapter and verse where he isn't meeting your expectations?

I saw about half a dozen instances of him showing a great attitude, including recognition to the fans!!
Specifically the last line of your post I quoted was IMO giving him grief specifically as you highlighted the word sinister even after he corrected him/herself.
Not staying on the park and shooting up the tunnel after games when the rest of your team mates acknowledge the fans is either bizarre or something else in the circumstances again IMO and obviously others too. He dies t need to celebrate scoring if he doesn't feel or want to I gave no truck with that. Again I find it bizarre but if that's become his thing then that's his thing. Again IMO we have every right to comment and question it tho as it appears to be different from earlier in the season. He never shot up the tunnel earlier either.

Arch Stanton
03-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Specifically the last line of your post I quoted was IMO giving him grief specifically as you highlighted the word sinister even after he corrected him/herself.
Not staying on the park and shooting up the tunnel after games when the rest of your team mates acknowledge the fans is either bizarre or something else in the circumstances again IMO and obviously others too. He dies t need to celebrate scoring if he doesn't feel or want to I gave no truck with that. Again I find it bizarre but if that's become his thing then that's his thing. Again IMO we have every right to comment and question it tho as it appears to be different from earlier in the season. He never shot up the tunnel earlier either.

Squirm all you want but my reply wasn't to the original poster.

Also, I am assuming you haven't had a chance to watch the highlights or does it just suit your crappy viewpoint to ignore that?

Jonnyboy
03-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Aye, I bow to your more accurate memory. :not worth

He was still a player whose "style" didn't endear himself to the fans in his second, less successful season. His meagre return compared his rather excellent 1st season maybe contributed because I do remember him getting pelters, often.

Without checking, I think Cowan played way more games for us than he did for the Sheep. He thrived as a foil to Durie, who was raw but still some player.

Malanga is way more a footballer than Cowan ever was.

SC started 80 of his 87 games with us and scored 32 goals. Not a bad return for a chubby :greengrin

Jdawg
03-05-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't tend to pay any attention to commentators and co-commentators, the majority come out with same tired cliches with very little insight. That's from scottish football through to drab 'say what I saw pundits' like shearer on motd.

That aside I love listening to people like Gary Neville who actually explain why things happen or what should happen with detailed analysis.

greenlex
03-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Squirm all you want but my reply wasn't to the original poster.

Also, I am assuming you haven't had a chance to watch the highlights or does it just suit your crappy viewpoint to ignore that?

Squirm!!! Ha Ha. Fair enough I've read yours wrongkly! IIRC he ran to the East at ER when he scored against Hearts. We would now be questioning that behavour as its not normal now. I'll say again IMO (crappy or otherwise)his change in behaviour after scoring and at the end has changed for whatever reason. thats not normal. It's either bizarre to start that or something else. Either way we are rightly debating it. Something's different.

Arch Stanton
03-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Squirm!!! Ha Ha. Fair enough I've read yours wrongkly! IIRC he ran to the East at ER when he scored against Hearts. We would now be questioning that behavour as its not normal now. I'll say again IMO (crappy or otherwise)his change in behaviour after scoring and at the end has changed for whatever reason. thats not normal. It's either bizarre to start that or something else. Either way we are rightly debating it. Something's different.

Fair enough, I can't dispute that something changed after ACN, maybe his head was up his *rse and he felt he was a cut above, who knows, but it has to be something like that I'm sure. And instead of coming back to a hero's return he found the fans were getting on his back.

Anyway I don't think there is any big problem - it was really just the goal against Alloa where he totally dodged celebrations, wasn't it? Anyway - it seemed to me more like he was being Mr Cool at Falkirk.

And who knows, maybe he meant to be Mr Cool against Hearts as well but forgot himself in the heat of the moment?

greenlex
03-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Fair enough, I can't dispute that something changed after ACN, maybe his head was up his *rse and he felt he was a cut above, who knows, but it has to be something like that I'm sure. And instead of coming back to a hero's return he found the fans were getting on his back.

Anyway I don't think there is any big problem - it was really just the goal against Alloa where he totally dodged celebrations, wasn't it? Anyway - it seemed to me more like he was being Mr Cool at Falkirk.

And who knows, maybe he meant to be Mr Cool against Hearts as well but forgot himself in the heat of the moment?
We will probably never know. He ran off the pitch up the tunnel at Dumbarton too.

cam75
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
His 3 against Dumbarton never got Him buzzing either,I'm wanting him to score and win matches,I don't celebrate at work when I do what I'm meant to at work but might change that after this thread:)
GGTTH

FranckSuzy
03-05-2015, 10:11 PM
At the Sponsors Night on Thurs, when questioned about his lack of goal celebrations, Big Dom said he'd used up all his energy after scoring vs Hertz :greengrin

greenlex
03-05-2015, 10:35 PM
At the Sponsors Night on Thurs, when questioned about his lack of goal celebrations, Big Dom said he'd used up all his energy after scoring vs Hertz :greengrin
:hilarious

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Dom should at least pull a pair of shades out his sock if he's playing the "cool guy" after scoring! 😎

--------
04-05-2015, 09:52 AM

Back in the day, Stevie Cowan took longer to turn than a pint of milk, IIRC. His goal celebrations took place in Greggs, was the story I heard. :wink:

(Seriously, Stevie was a decent forward but never a superstar or anything like one.)

Every striker plays the way he plays. Colin Stein wasn't Joe McBride wasn't Alan Gordon, wasn't Jim O'Rourke wasn't Steve Cowan wasn't Ally McLeod wasn't Mixu Paatelainen. Denis Law wasn't Kenny Dalglish. But they all did a shift for their teams.

Jason and Dom are different players, different styles, which is why they make a good partnership.

I'd be very surprised if Alan Stubbs doesn't have Jason working on his game in training, but I'd really rather the laddie didn't start thinking too hard about what he's doing when he's in the opposition penalty area with ball coming to him fast and hard. Hit the thing with whatever comes handiest and try to get it on target seems a good rule to me.

And FWIW I'd rather we had thinking footballers in our team, not headless chickens or Energiser bunnies.

madhatter
04-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Don't understand quite a few posts here. Messi has an awful workrate and sometimes doesn't celebrate his goals.

It's like saying "Bring back James Collins, we want a guy that runs about for 90mins but couldn't put the ball in the net if it was an open goal!".

He is the same as Scott Allan. Last year we had a full team of players that ran about like headless chickens and that got us to where we are now. We now have players that think "if I don't track back and one of my teammates (who I trust) wins the ball, I'm free to break upfield".

I'd take a skillful player that scores 20 goals a season over a Kenny Miller type any day of the week.

Malonga has been great for us. As long as he wears our kit, he'll have my support.

ancient hibee
04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Don't understand quite a few posts here. Messi has an awful workrate and sometimes doesn't celebrate his goals.

It's like saying "Bring back James Collins, we want a guy that runs about for 90mins but couldn't put the ball in the net if it was an open goal!".

He is the same as Scott Allan. Last year we had a full team of players that ran about like headless chickens and that got us to where we are now. We now have players that think "if I don't track back and one of my teammates (who I trust) wins the ball, I'm free to break upfield".

I'd take a skillful player that scores 20 goals a season over a Kenny Miller type any day of the week.

Malonga has been great for us. As long as he wears our kit, he'll have my support.

That's some second sentence.Messi probably has more touches of the ball than the rest of the team put together.What do you think a footballer's workrate is?

Fergus52
04-05-2015, 05:39 PM
That's some second sentence.Messi probably has more touches of the ball than the rest of the team put together.What do you think a footballer's workrate is?

yeah I was pretty baffled by that

madhatter
04-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Work rate is touches of the ball, eh? So some guy standing on the spot and passing it back and forward with another player has sensational work rate? I've cracked it, 5 blokes that go on the pitch at half time have great work rate then...ah damn that's the sub's... That makes no sense. Work rate means contributing to attack and defence. Tracking back. Getting forward. Not poking your nose while other team attacks anyway.

Also, I think Iniesta might have more touches per game on average tbh. Iniesta also does some tracking back...

Also using your logic, you are essentially saying Robertson and players down south like Matic have bad work rates. They don't get many touches compared to team mates. Robertson probably covers more ground than Allan per game but Allan has higher work rate because of touches of ball, eh? This logic makes no sense.

BSEJVT
05-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Its all a bit bizarre

Some folk are never happy until they have something to pick on.

I have really enjoyed watching Malonga, an intelligent player with a good touch and a good goal scoring record.

As Doddie said earlier, footballers come in all shapes and sizes with lots of different attributes and lots of different bits needing developed.

If they didn't they wouldn't be at Hibs.

He had a loss of form after coming back from ACN and surprise surprise an element of our support turned on him. Maybe he is pissed off, I would be.

I don't think anyone believed we would have got the return out of him we have when he first signed?

Its pathetic, we are meant to support them.

I was away at the weekend with a bunch of guys who were a cross section of supporters of other clubs.

I don't think any of them can believe the amount of abuse their own players get from their own fans.

I have seldom done anything I believed I couldn't do, but have done lots of things I thought I might not be able to.

We should try supporting the players rather than looking for problems that don't exist or reasons to put them down.

Maybe with our encouragement rather than our disdain they might deliver?

Bad Martini
05-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Win second place in spite of a **** start to the season and a "stutter" (which some on here seemed to actually lap up for some ****ing odd, unknown reason)....achieve what was realistically the best we could hope for after the mutants started strong and we couldnt catch them. Look decent for it. What else to do? Start a whole lot of **** on our striker(s) (see other threads).

**** it. Am off to read up on the fickleness/utterlyradgeunfathomablebollocks people sometimes choose to talk. Or is it just a case of being happy is no allowed?

I really believe some folk are only happy when they are ****ing moaning! :rolleyes:

dangermouse
05-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Its all a bit bizarre

Some folk are never happy until they have something to pick on.

I have really enjoyed watching Malonga, an intelligent player with a good touch and a good goal scoring record.

As Doddie said earlier, footballers come in all shapes and sizes with lots of different attributes and lots of different bits needing developed.

If they didn't they wouldn't be at Hibs.

He had a loss of form after coming back from ACN and surprise surprise an element of our support turned on him. Maybe he is pissed off, I would be.

I don't think anyone believed we would have got the return out of him we have when he first signed?

Its pathetic, we are meant to support them.

I was away at the weekend with a bunch of guys who were a cross section of supporters of other clubs.

I don't think any of them can believe the amount of abuse their own players get from their own fans.

I have seldom done anything I believed I couldn't do, but have done lots of things I thought I might not be able to.

We should try supporting the players rather than looking for problems that don't exist or reasons to put them down.

Maybe with our encouragement rather than our disdain they might deliver?

:top marks Unfortunately a section of our support are not happy unless they have something to moan about. We could do the treble and end the season winning the Champions League and no doubt they'd pick on someone who misplaced a pass or skied the ball over the bar.

ancient hibee
05-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Work rate is touches of the ball, eh? So some guy standing on the spot and passing it back and forward with another player has sensational work rate? I've cracked it, 5 blokes that go on the pitch at half time have great work rate then...ah damn that's the sub's... That makes no sense. Work rate means contributing to attack and defence. Tracking back. Getting forward. Not poking your nose while other team attacks anyway.

Also, I think Iniesta might have more touches per game on average tbh. Iniesta also does some tracking back...

Also using your logic, you are essentially saying Robertson and players down south like Matic have bad work rates. They don't get many touches compared to team mates. Robertson probably covers more ground than Allan per game but Allan has higher work rate because of touches of ball, eh? This logic makes no sense.

What a load of guff.Players workrate takes place between the ears not running around with their eyeballs popping out.Please don't make up opinions that you think I have to bolster you're stupid statement that Messi's workrate is awful. I am essentially saying nothing about other players.

J-C
05-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Did you not see him sprinting into the box for Jason's pass or the sprint into the box when Jason got his goal, there's enough desire there for me, aye he looks lazy at times but as long as he keeps doing good things with the ball that'll do me.