PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN TRIO NAMED IN TEAM OF THE YEAR

RSS Bot
01-05-2015, 02:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5403)

ano hibby
01-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Whaurz ra bearz?
:)

Scott Allan Key
01-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Sow but no Cummimgs? Is this a joke?

Boyle89
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Sow but no Cummimgs? Is this a joke?

Cummings 17 goals
Sow 11
Who picked this team?

Hibernian Verse
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Cummings 17 goals
Sow 11
Who picked this team?

The players...

madhatter
01-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Neil Alexander is the one I don't understand. Surely Jamie MacDonald or Danny Rogers might deserve that more? Just can't understand what Neil Alexander has done exactly...

Fontaine is more deserving than Danny Wilson as well. Wilson has looked mince each time we've played them. Ozturk fair enough.

Can't understand why they didn't select Buchanan or Lyle either, both have scored more than Sow.

Eyrie
01-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Cummings 17 goals
Sow 11
Who picked this team?

That one stood out for me as well.

B.H.F.C
01-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Neil Alexander is the one I don't understand. Surely Jamie MacDonald or Danny Rogers might deserve that more? Just can't understand what Neil Alexander has done exactly...

Fontaine is more deserving than Danny Wilson as well. Wilson has looked mince each time we've played them. Ozturk fair enough.

Can't understand why they didn't select Buchanan or Lyle either, both have scored more than Sow.

Hearts have the best defensive record so can't really argue with their goalie and centre halves being in. Even if I do think Ozturk will get found out big time next year.

Sow ahead of Cummings on the other hand? Don't understand that at all.

son of haggart
01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Hearts have the best defensive record so can't really argue with their goalie and centre halves being in. Even if I do think Ozturk will get found out big time next year.

Sow ahead of Cummings on the other hand? Don't understand that at all.

I'd be disappointed if I was a Hibs fan on that one , I would have said Cummings myself though his all round game arguably isn't as good as Sow's - also Sow's goal to game ratio is probably better (16 or 17 starts only I think because of injury and 11 goals), plus he scored probably the most critical goal of the season (2nd against Rangers in the first game)

On the others I would have said Eckersley rather than Stevenson but that's debatable and Stevenson also scored a great goal against Rangers (you should get a point extra for every goal against them)

I think Macdonald has been great in goals and I agree about Lyle though not sure who would drop out.

If Vukovic had had more games he would have probably been in there for me

Pretty Boy
01-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Team of the year that excludes the top scorer. Makes sense.

Hibernia&Alba
01-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Cummings, aye, he deserves a place. Other than that, it seems fair enough. Hearts have been the best team and rightly have most players. A few of our players have been consistently good, and Rangers don't deserve a single place; they've been shocking.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Well done to Scott Allan, Lewis Stevenson and David Gray but I'm afraid when a league's team of the season is announced with the omission of said league's top goalscorer, it makes a bit of a mockery of things in my opinion.

Mibbes Aye
01-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I'd be disappointed if I was a Hibs fan on that one , I would have said Cummings myself though his all round game arguably isn't as good as Sow's - also Sow's goal to game ratio is probably better (16 or 17 starts only I think because of injury and 11 goals), plus he scored probably the most critical goal of the season (2nd against Rangers in the first game)

On the others I would have said Eckersley rather than Stevenson but that's debatable and Stevenson also scored a great goal against Rangers (you should get a point extra for every goal against them)

I think Macdonald has been great in goals and I agree about Lyle though not sure who would drop out.

Alexander and Sow are debatable.

I think you're right about Vukovic, he's looked like he has the potential to light up this league (but hasn't quite).

Waxy
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
What a farce. This should fire up Jason for the remainder.

ano hibby
01-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I could have scored 20 in this league this year. From what I've seen Sow is a better all round foitballer than JC so I understand why fellow pros went for Sow.

Scott Allan Key
01-05-2015, 09:03 PM
What a farce. This should fire up Jason for the remainder.

My thoughts exactly. He thrives in the midst of adversity. He'll show 'em.

LaMotta
01-05-2015, 09:12 PM

Its obvious to see why Stevenson is in over Eckersley. Eckerskey looks like a fud on the pitch, the type of guy that if you played against him youd think he was a nob, whilst Stevenson is clearly a good ****.

Mibbes Aye
01-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Its obvious to see why Stevenson is in over Eckersley. Eckerskey looks like a fud on the pitch, the type of guy that if you played against him youd think he was a nob, whilst Stevenson is clearly a good ****.

Post of the year.