PDA

View Full Version : Raith Rovers

IanM
27-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Part ways with Grant Murray, quite surprised by that.

Sylar
27-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Mid-table mediocrity after making a lot of acquisitions in the summer and absolutely spanked by Livingston at the weekend on their own patch.

Sacking him now gives any new appointment much longer to prepare for next season as they're safe in the division.

Green Fish
27-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Will malpas bring butcher back tho was reading today he is in the frame for the Newport job

bingo70
27-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Mid-table mediocrity after making a lot of acquisitions in the summer and absolutely spanked by Livingston at the weekend on their own patch.

Sacking him now gives any new appointment much longer to prepare for next season as they're safe in the division.

Mid table isn't that bad considering the teams that were in the championship this year.

3pm
27-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Malpas knows best.

Moby
27-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Danny Lennon lined up for this.

Sylar
27-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Mid table isn't that bad considering the teams that were in the championship this year.

Their position is the result of their early season form though - they've lost 6 on the bounce have they not?

I can imagine 0-4 at home to the then-bottom club didn't help his cause.

Mark79
27-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Have we stopped paying that clowns wages or was that all a myth?

PISTOL1875
27-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Murray was probably told at the start of the season to be challenging for the play-offs at least.. Miles off the pace has probably the reason he has left...

essexhibee
27-04-2015, 09:43 PM

Thought he'd just moved to Alloa?

Monktonhall 7
27-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Have we stopped paying that clowns wages or was that all a myth?

According to Petrie a couple of weeks ago, he said Mr Butcher is no longer on our payroll.

Humo
28-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Grant Murray has been sacked after 3 years, seems and odd decision to me always thought he had done a good job there

HibbyAndy
28-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Grant Murray has been sacked after 3 years, seems and odd decision to me always thought he had done a good job there

I'm stunned at his sacking. They are 6th in the league and lets be realistic what was the best they could finish? Certainly not in the top 3 and Falkirk and QOS are both better than Raith so 6th is about right, Fair doos they have lost 5 on the bounce but they weren't getting relegated and not in the play offs so did the players stop trying thinking they were in holiday mode?

Grant Murray was good for RR and got them the Ramsdens cup only last year. Staggered they sacked him, I hope they tumble right down the leagues from now on.

JimBHibees
28-04-2015, 02:53 PM

Just joined Alloa has he not

JimBHibees
28-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm stunned at his sacking. They are 6th in the league and lets be realistic what was the best they could finish? Certainly not in the top 3 and Falkirk and QOS are both better than Raith so 6th is about right, Fair doos they have lost 5 on the bounce but they weren't getting relegated and not in the play offs so did the players stop trying thinking they were in holiday mode?

Grant Murray was good for RR and got them the Ramsdens cup only last year. Staggered they sacked him, I hope they tumble right down the leagues from now on.

Tend to agree with that and also not that long ago they beat Hibs and also knocked Rangers out the Scottish at Ibrox. Given he won the Challenge cup last year again beating Rangers it seems like he has been given a raw deal.

Bringing Malpas in seemed a very odd one and probably wouldnt have made his position very secure. No idea where Raith Rovers imagined they would be in this league given the teams in it.

Smartie
28-04-2015, 03:07 PM
I think the fans were starting to get on his back a lot.

When that happens it puts pressure on the board to react.

Seems a strange one from outside looking in but they've had a few very dodgy results and their football isn't always the easiest on the eye. They'll have had their reasons.

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Just joined Alloa has he not

He has.

Ex Alloa manager Barry Smith got the Aldershot town job yesterday.

ancient hibee
28-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Gordon Brown's free.

emerald green
28-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Derek Adams getting touted for the Raith job. First Butcher gets a job, now another welt in line for a manager's job.

Hiber-nation
28-04-2015, 06:10 PM
Derek Adams getting touted for the Raith job. First Butcher gets a job, now another welt in line for a manager's job.

Malpas in charge of recruitment. Poor Rovers.

emerald green
28-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Malpas in charge of recruitment. Poor Rovers.

The bit in bold. Hilarious really. I wouldn't put him in charge of a whelk stall.