PDA

View Full Version : Question Cash back sites

Matty_Jack04
26-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I've been reading a bit about cash back sites mostly quidco and top cash back and was wondering if anyone used these? And could shed any light on how it works or if indeed if they work at all :confused:
i do quite abit of shopping online and if I could get something back whilst I'm spending that would be great im also close to setting up house so belt tightening is required and I'm on the hunt for good utility deals etc

Hiber-nation
26-04-2015, 08:26 PM
I've been reading a bit about cash back sites mostly quidco and top cash back and was wondering if anyone used these? And could shed any light on how it works or if indeed if they work at all :confused:
i do quite abit of shopping online and if I could get something back whilst I'm spending that would be great im also close to setting up house so belt tightening is required and I'm on the hunt for good utility deals etc

I started using Top Cashback a few months ago. You just register then follow the link on their page to the company you want to purchase from. It's all a bit of a guddle to me but you do get the cash back in your account (eventually) although some companies (especially online bookies) can take months to pay out. I had to put in a claim for 4 out of the first 6 items I purchased as the cash hadn't appeared in my account.

Hibbyradge on here knows far more about it than me, he'll know the pros and cons.

Dinkydoo
26-04-2015, 09:22 PM
They're farming your data though, aren't they? That's the point....they are basically paying for the right to harvest consumer data which is eventually used for marketing. Or have I assumed incorrectly?

Would be interested in knowing how this all works too.

Matty_Jack04
27-04-2015, 05:59 AM
I started using Top Cashback a few months ago. You just register then follow the link on their page to the company you want to purchase from. It's all a bit of a guddle to me but you do get the cash back in your account (eventually) although some companies (especially online bookies) can take months to pay out. I had to put in a claim for 4 out of the first 6 items I purchased as the cash hadn't appeared in my account.

Hibbyradge on here knows far more about it than me, he'll know the pros and cons.

Thanks, I was reading that normal process is you have to wait until the item can no longer be returned for your cash back to come through my thinking was 28 days obviously not as easy as that, was your claims a hard going process?

Matty_Jack04
27-04-2015, 06:03 AM
They're farming your data though, aren't they? That's the point....they are basically paying for the right to harvest consumer data which is eventually used for marketing. Or have I assumed incorrectly?

Would be interested in knowing how this all works too.

Hadn't given this a thought, when reading top cash backs 'how we work' section they bill themselves like Robin Hood saying they give the customer the commission they receive from the supplier for sending them customers and the way they make money is through advertisements on their site, the more they make dependent on traffic going through top cash back, but there's a good solid chance they'll sell off the data you mention to marketing companies and the like I'd suppose but I'm only guessing here as well

Hiber-nation
27-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks, I was reading that normal process is you have to wait until the item can no longer be returned for your cash back to come through my thinking was 28 days obviously not as easy as that, was your claims a hard going process?

Not really once you take the time to navigate their website. Bit of a pain in the erse but worth it in the end if you have the time.

KdyHby
27-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Am signed up to Quidco. Have got £840 over the years, and have a further £60 being tracked. Get the big money taking out contracts, eg phone, broadband, insurance, changing energy providers etc.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-04-2015, 06:25 PM
I've received £540 cash back from Quidco with a further £45 being tracked. My single biggest cash back was £100 for taking out Sky broadband. Most cash backs will be paid within a few months. You can also include your debit card so any transactions that you use that card in participating stores you will get a % back. Halfords and Debenhams are 2 stores that I've had cash back from.

Hibbyradge
27-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Read my signature!

Matty_Jack04
28-04-2015, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the replies, I've signed upto cash back and il sign up for quidco aswell now :aok: