PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle

Hibeesmad
23-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Just read that they are selling season tickets in the Roseburn stand for fans next season. They have also confirmed that all visiting teams will only get 2 sections of the Roseburn Stand from now on. If we go back up then imagine the demand for tickets..

3pm
23-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Dump.

Zazu62
23-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Pretty sure those season tickets will not include CAT A games but I might be wrong

Hibeesmad
23-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Pretty sure those season tickets will not include CAT A games but I might be wrong

Hearts official Twitter stated clearly it involved all clubs, they have a waiting list for season tickets apparently. 15,000 paedophiles.

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Hearts official Twitter stated clearly it involved all clubs, they have a waiting list for season tickets apparently. 15,000 paedophiles.

If Hibs go there, we will get whole end, I'm sure

lord bunberry
23-04-2015, 09:05 PM
It's for every league game, so if we go up we will only get half the stand.

Hibeesmad
23-04-2015, 09:07 PM
@JamTarts: Ann's season ticket message to fans Heart of Midlothian | News http://t.co/idw3RdIgKo

@JohnBerry1874: @JamTarts what will happen when celtic and rangers/hibs come? Will they all just be given 2 sections? If not - what hapns to ppl in roseburn

@JamTarts: @JohnBerry1874 Yes, visiting fans will get two sections of the Roseburn Stand.

@JohnBerry1874: @JamTarts including hibs and celtic??

@JamTarts: @JohnBerry1874 Yes, all visiting teams.

eastterrace
23-04-2015, 09:11 PM
@JamTarts: Ann's season ticket message to fans Heart of Midlothian | News http://t.co/idw3RdIgKo

@JohnBerry1874: @JamTarts what will happen when celtic and rangers/hibs come? Will they all just be given 2 sections? If not - what hapns to ppl in roseburn

@JamTarts: @JohnBerry1874 Yes, visiting fans will get two sections of the Roseburn Stand.

@JohnBerry1874: @JamTarts including hibs and celtic??

@JamTarts: @JohnBerry1874 Yes, all visiting teams.

it will last for one season then the glory hunters will jump ship and they will be back to 11000 -12000 crowds if they are lucky, then welcoming us back with open arms.

macca70
23-04-2015, 09:14 PM
it will last for one season then the glory hunters will jump ship and they will be back to 11000 -12000 crowds if they are lucky, then welcoming us back with open arms.

At which point the main stand will have been closed down so they'll have to use half the Roseburn for home fans

Thecat23
23-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Makes me laugh really does. They will be bottom six side next season and the crowds will drop!! Really are full of ***** that mob.

SteveHFC
23-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Just read that they are selling season tickets in the Roseburn stand for fans next season. They have also confirmed that all visiting teams will only get 2 sections of the Roseburn Stand from now on. If we go back up then imagine the demand for tickets..

Only those who have renewed their season ticket using the early bird option should get that option.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Should only be getting 2 sections at ER then.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Fannies

Hfc_Since1875
Hope we do the exact same to them!

Even if it leaves the stand half empty!!

B.H.F.C
If we get up it'll be all about the loyalty points!

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 09:17 PM

Correct. Sadly that would be us cutting off our nose to spite our face and would cost us a lot of money

lord bunberry
23-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I hope we get the chance to cut their allocation.

frazeHFC
23-04-2015, 09:22 PM
That's gonna be mental!

(if we are in the same league)

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Hope we do the exact same to them!

Even if it leaves the stand half empty!!

Glad you're not on the Board :greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 09:23 PM

We wont.

macca70
23-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Correct. Sadly that would be us cutting off our nose to spite our face and would cost us a lot of money

We've got a proper stadium though with significantly more seats so give them the whole stand.

If they aren't playing well, it just means they won't sell out.

This is going to be a nightmare for segregation for them. That place is a venomous horrible atmosphere for all their Cat A games. Splitting the stand down the middle is going make it a nightmare and cost a fortune on policing as stewards won't be enough to control it.

Elephant Stone
23-04-2015, 09:25 PM
It's a good idea if it pays off. Half a stand of Celtic/Sevco/Hearts fans at ER would make pleasant viewing and I'd be all for it if we could fill the stadium.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2015, 09:28 PM
If they think they're in a position where they can afford to cut the away fans' allocation then good luck to them.

It won't last though, I seem to recall a similar move around 2006 when they were near the top of the league and they cut every allocation except ours. It lasted for a few months and then it got scrapped.

I'll be surprised if this is allowed by the Police.

If it goes ahead and we are there with a reduced allocation, then I would hope for a similar move by Hibs when they come to Easter Road.

Unfortunately I can't see us doing that.

S4uzee
23-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Wish Hibs had the demand to do this. Although it's them, it's a good move looking after their own supporters

Stuarty27
23-04-2015, 09:29 PM
It's time we increased their allocation along with Rangers and Celtic.

The amount of money we are missing out on cause we can't sell out is staggering.

cabbageandribs1875
23-04-2015, 09:31 PM

they will start filtering back along the M8 to bigotbrox once sevco get back up

gillythehibby
23-04-2015, 09:32 PM
thm all. It's a piggery anyway

greenginger
I would imagine they will have to exit the home fans through the exit gates of the Wheatfield Stand to maintain segregation.

I'm sure the exits would be designed for the capacity of the Wheatfield Stand only and not some random extra numbers just because they think they will sell more tickets.

Something else for Edinburgh's safety authorities to consider , then ignore.

cabbageandribs1875
It's time we increased their allocation along with Rangers and Celtic.

The amount of money we are missing out on cause we can't sell out is staggering.

yes of course, which other stand should we allocate them ?

iwasthere1972
23-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Only those who have renewed their season ticket using the early bird option should get that option.

Aye we should. Oops I mean aye they should. :greengrin

HappyHibby93
23-04-2015, 09:34 PM
If Hibs were in the same position as they are now, i'd like to see us do that. However, they're bubble will burst when they realise that they are bog standard.

#FromTheCapital
23-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Hahaha. Fannies the lot of them. Utter *****hole of a stadium and an utter disgrace of a club.

lucky
23-04-2015, 09:45 PM
What difference does it make. If Hibs fans want a ticket in the event we go up then you need to get a ST and more than likely attend away games.

lord bunberry
23-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Let's be honest, they can only do this because their stadium is so small.

Cabbage East
23-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Their scaffy stadium is so small they can do this. There's no way they can segregate that shan stand for a derby. Not without major bother breaking out. And probably for Celtic/Aberdeen too. Bring it on.

CB_NO3
23-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over. It will be the first time in 30 years they will have to live within their means. Lets see how they are in 5 years time?

green&left
23-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Can understand them doing this for Rangers and Celtic, afterall both clubs allocate about 1.5% of their stadium to away fans. Poor show cutting ours though.

The stand will be chaos when its a derby but after the Lennon incident, even worse when Celtic come visiting!

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Can barely avoid coins and smoke bombs when we are in different stands, let alone the same pishy stand. Fair enough sell seasons for that stand but shouldn't be for Cat A games

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2015, 10:05 PM
If they can sell 15,000 season tickets, then fair play to them. Their duty is to take care of the maroonics; never mind away fans. If we could get that many at ER, it would be happy days.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Can understand them doing this for Rangers and Celtic, afterall both clubs allocate about 1.5% of their stadium to away fans. Poor show cutting ours though.

The stand will be chaos when its a derby but after the Lennon incident, even worse when Celtic come visiting!

:agree: Obviously there might not be a derby next season but they will be playing Celtic next season and with the recent history that these two clubs have got, particularly with matches at Tynecastle, having both sets of fans within the one stand is just asking for trouble.

As I said in my last post, I would be shocked if the Police give this plan the go-ahead.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Funny when there were about 8000 there last time they played Celtic when they knew they were gonnae get horsed and they ***** themselves!

Pete
23-04-2015, 10:15 PM
I don't mind them cutting the Glasgow clubs allocation and selling half the roseburn pay at the gate to their own supporters. The demand is there and the travelling fans of the two clubs have brought nothing but trouble.

I was under the impression that we had an unwritten agreement with them...we get an end for a derby as they will when they visit us. They have either decided to bin this or are being disrespectful enough to totally disregard our promotion chances.

Forget all this "cutting off our nose" nonsense as sport is about more than money. What about sporting advantage and pride? If they play funny buggers then we have one choice: we give them the top deck of the Dunbar and that's their lot, leaving the bottom deck empty. If we take their money and give them their usual allocation it will be the biggest slap in the face I can think of and will tell me that we aren't standing up to them as a club any more.

The two games will cost us about £100,000 but that's where our board have to get creative. Sell tickets in the east for £15 or £20 and get it full.

The clubs are on an even footing after many years and if we want to be the top dogs from here on in we can't stand for any of this ****.

Liberal Hibby
23-04-2015, 10:22 PM
This is surely stage one. Stage two will announce the closure of the main stand for redevelopment.

majorhibs
23-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Their scaffy stadium is so small they can do this. There's no way they can segregate that shan stand for a derby. Not without major bother breaking out. And probably for Celtic/Aberdeen too. Bring it on.

Ach just tell it like it is! Scaffy shan mediocre outfit! Bring it on!

O'Rourke3
23-04-2015, 10:26 PM
How will that work for Cup games? Unless two sections is 10% of the ground the rules prevent them from selling all the tickets to the home fans.

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2015, 10:30 PM
How will that work for Cup games? Unless two sections is 10% of the ground the rules prevent them from selling all the tickets to the home fans.

Perhaps the Roseburn ST tickets will be sold on the basis home cup tickets can't be guaranteed? The situation must arise at some EPL clubs.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 10:32 PM

They are only doing this because they are banking on hibs not coming up. If we were in the spl now then they would not cut our allocation. In any case next season we are probably not going to be in the same league as them so thus will not affect us. It's really not worth bothering about to be honest.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 10:34 PM

Depending on the size of away following the whole roseburn end would have to be given to the away team. Themz the rules!

Sir David Gray
23-04-2015, 10:36 PM

They must allow up to 20% of their stadium capacity (approximately 3500) to be taken up by away supporters.

Waxy
23-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Them subbuteo stands dont have much life in them anyway. Think the steel was only meant to be ok for 25years.

erin go bragh
23-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Surley the thread should say PBS . The less money we give they cheating the better . them and their stadium .

GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Them subbuteo stands dont have much life in them anyway. Think the steel was only meant to be ok for 25years.

Don't expect them to worry too much about little things like safety. The wood in their main stand probably rotted about 25 years ago but they don't seem too concerned

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2015, 07:11 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cut-away-end-allocations-for-next-season-1-3752960

CB_NO3
24-04-2015, 07:16 AM
Better rack up the loyalty points for the next Tynecastle derby.

Bishop Hibee
24-04-2015, 07:17 AM
We've got a stadium, they've got a Gorgie slum. The away allocation would be even smaller if the CEC did the right thing and closed the asbestos stand.

Benny Brazil
24-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Will make for interesting viewing when Celtc next visit :take that

Forza Fred
24-04-2015, 07:31 AM

I don't particularly care what Hertz do with their stands....surprised there appears tobe so much umbrage about it.

Segregation issues though, do seem to be an accident waiting to happen.

lyonhibs
24-04-2015, 07:34 AM
It would be lovely for Hibs to be regularly attracting enough fans of our own to fill 3, never mind 3.5 stands of our stadium (I get the point that it's 3,000 odd seats bigger to start with).

Then maybe we could tell the Ugly Sisters and Hearts to ram it when it comes to getting a full away end.

Would take major stones from LD to implement a similar policy at ER as the club would lose money as a result, unless home attendances increase dramatically next season (and for there to be any chance of that happening to the extent required, we'll need to be getting promoted)

Fair play from Hearts in this instance, the only certainty as things stand is that less Orcs and Celtc fans get into Tynecastle next season and I daresay that's an appealling prospect if you're a Jambo.

Salt N Sauzee
24-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Can't see this lasting any longer than one season. All these glory hunters will soon go back into hiding after a season of struggling down in the bottom 6 and getting pumped off the likes of Partick Thistle & Ross County :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
24-04-2015, 07:56 AM
They have shared the stand with Celtic before, during the early Romanov period. The Hearts fans enter through the wheatfield stand so they will be nowhere near the celtic fans. They put a big metal fence inside the concourse and they will have a thick line of stewards to seperate the fans.

GreenArmyyy!
24-04-2015, 07:59 AM
I am going to go against the grain here, you know what, good for them. If they don't need the opposing fans because they can fill them themselves then that's the way it should be. It's high team we tried to make two strong Edinburgh teams again. Although what I will say is that lot have got very lucky by going in to administration and have pulled back a lot of lapsed supporters.

Geo_1875
24-04-2015, 08:29 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-cut-away-end-allocations-for-next-season-1-3752960

I see from that their prices are increasing. No £50 STs for pensioners anymore. No mention of family STs either. I wonder how many will renew when they have to pay more?

Also less away fans means less cash through the gate and significantly more policing costs for segregation. They're obviously more interested in crowd sizes than balancing the books, again.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Good on them......with the amount of asbestos in that place its probably for the best

lyonhibs
24-04-2015, 08:41 AM
I see from that their prices are increasing. No £50 STs for pensioners anymore. No mention of family STs either. I wonder how many will renew when they have to pay more?

Also less away fans means less cash through the gate and significantly more policing costs for segregation. They're obviously more interested in crowd sizes than balancing the books, again.

:confused::confused:

But if they sell enough ST to justify this move (i.e. sell out the ST allocation in the 3 other stands plus a good few in the Roseburn) at 7% more expensive on average, then that's more money in the bank next season than this, no?

Obviously if ST numbers drop for next season at Tynecastle, then Budgie will look like a right plonker. I can't see that happening though, sadly.

Radium
24-04-2015, 08:50 AM
No real issue with this. Re the allocation at ER, even giving them the whole stand, we will still have more tickets available in the other 3 stands than they will under their proposal (can't get figures at work). We also don't have the extra cost of managing the zone between the fans.

Waxy
24-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Yep they seem to be doing ok for now for such a small club.

CorrieHibs
24-04-2015, 08:58 AM
They're playing a dangerous game. If they're crowds drop. Its celtic and Hibs/Rangers they'll be asking to buy extra tickets. They done this before and it backed fire.

Alex Trager
24-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Don't see it as that big a deal tbh.
If the demand is there. Sell the tickets.
It makes sense when you have teams like ICT etc bringing a bus to edinburgh and you have a full stand, nearly, sitting empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
24-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Well... I'll put this wee spin on it. As a former cop I'm sure the police will be delighted at this!! Hearts v Celtic games of the recent past have been rammed with complete hatred (from both sides despite what Budgie tells us all) and this is probably the most ridiculous idea given the trouble at this fixture. Now if Hibs do go up I can imagine, and I hope I'm wrong, that the goading etc could turn pretty ugly. But I'm sure the Budge PR machine will kick into gear and the blame would be shifted onto the away support.

CB_NO3
24-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Well... I'll put this wee spin on it. As a former cop I'm sure the police will be delighted at this!! Hearts v Celtic games of the recent past have been rammed with complete hatred (from both sides despite what Budgie tells us all) and this is probably the most ridiculous idea given the trouble at this fixture. Now if Hibs do go up I can imagine, and I hope I'm wrong, that the goading etc could turn pretty ugly. But I'm sure the Budge PR machine will kick into gear and the blame would be shifted onto the away support.
They shared a stand with Celtic before and there was no bother. We shared the south stand with Rangers, Celtic and Hearts and guess what? There was no bother.

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2015, 10:05 AM
They are only doing this because they are banking on hibs not coming up. If we were in the spl now then they would not cut our allocation. In any case next season we are probably not going to be in the same league as them so thus will not affect us. It's really not worth bothering about to be honest.

:agree: And if we dont go up this season but do next year, they will be back to less than 10,000 ST's after their average season next year so we'll be back to getting the whole Roseburn.

FranckSuzy
24-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Good on them......with the amount of asbestos in that place its probably for the best

:devil:

Nando™
24-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Can't blame them for trying this.

The way Dempster has us going, we might end up having to do this in a few years time.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2015, 11:00 AM
The roseburn has giant metal roller shutters underneath the stand that divide in half. You don't even see opposition fans in the roseburn other than across the segregation no mans land area. No safety issue at all.

Mikey09
24-04-2015, 11:15 AM
They shared a stand with Celtic before and there was no bother. We shared the south stand with Rangers, Celtic and Hearts and guess what? There was no bother.

As I said in my post the goading can escalate very quickly and suddenly things are out of hand. I was in the south stand when we shared it with them and there were more than a few objects thrown from both sides. My point was I don't think the police will be too happy with this.

Carheenlea
24-04-2015, 11:23 AM
As I said in my post the goading can escalate very quickly and suddenly things are out of hand. I was in the south stand when we shared it with them and there were more than a few objects thrown from both sides. My point was I don't think the police will be too happy with this.

Other than the odd missile it us safe to say there won`t be much trouble of any note.

Fans in opposite stands can act as aggressively and posture all they like when there is not going to be any hand-to-hand combat starting any time soon, but in a stand together, you will find that they are not as keen on the notion when there is a opportunity presented to them to do so.

Biggie
24-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Crikey, poor move by the yams here...without the away support its like a morgue (well it is when they play the hibs :wink:)
Next time we're there, even if its half the allocation we get we'll out-sing them.........the home fans sharing our end will hate it cos the hibs support rocks at Tynie

Pretty Boy
24-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I wish we had the problem where we had to cut the away allocation.

If they think they can sell enough tickets to home fans to make this worthwhile then I don't really see the problem. Football clubs should look after their own fans first.

Biggie
24-04-2015, 12:33 PM
I wish we had the problem where we had to cut the away allocation.

If they think they can sell enough tickets to home fans to make this worthwhile then I don't really see the problem. Football clubs should look after their own fans first.

I wish we did too.....but if we'd built up the momentum of winning trophies, dominating derbies, the promises of world trophies and signing big names (well better players, they couldnt afford) over the last 20 years, I'm sure we'd have a bigger hard-core support behind us.
Add in the fact they've got this seige mentality and tbf had a great season, I'm sure the hibs crowds would have been far larger.

KeithTheHibby
24-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Who cares what they do? If they think it will work who are we to argue or debate?

Would love to be in their position if truth be told.

AndyM_1875
24-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Absolutely Mikey. And lets be honest Hearts v Celtic is a fixture that's now toxic in the same way Aberdeen v Rangers is. That Celtic away support is utterly notorious for shocking behavior so when it all goes wrong for Mrs B I'm sure your former colleagues will not be shy in saying to her "We told you so".

LeithBoozy
24-04-2015, 01:27 PM
The problems of having 4,ooooo fans and that's just in Longstone. :greengrin

Deansy
24-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I just love it when they're on a good-run and start acting all 'Big Team' again - they NEVER learn !!

Winning the league will be enough to ensure they make mega-f*nnies of themselves for a good season or two as I reckon that's when 'Playing within their means' will start to have an effect on them.

(or will Budge get caught up in the 'Pink-Fever' and resort to their much beloved 'Business-model' of owners past ??)

lord bunberry
24-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Other than the odd missile it us safe to say there won`t be much trouble of any note.

Fans in opposite stands can act as aggressively and posture all they like when there is not going to be any hand-to-hand combat starting any time soon, but in a stand together, you will find that they are not as keen on the notion when there is a opportunity presented to them to do so.
That wasn't the case at ibrox this season.

cabbageandribs1875
24-04-2015, 01:53 PM
I just love it when they're on a good-run and start acting all 'Big Team' again - they NEVER learn !!

Winning the league will be enough to ensure they make mega-f*nnies of themselves for a good season or two as I reckon that's when 'Playing within their means' will start to have an effect on them.

(or will Budge get caught up in the 'Pink-Fever' and resort to their much beloved 'Business-model' of owners past ??)

they do appear to be getting a tad ahead of themselves in regards to setting the heather on fire in the SPL next season blah blah blah, and that's just from their head coach...oops, i mean the guy neilson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32350868

Head coach Robbie Neilson wants Hearts to make an immediate impact on their return to the Premiership next season.
"I think we should go to every venue in Scotland and try and win the game - and expect to win," he said

oh i do hope they struggle :)

lyonhibs
24-04-2015, 02:10 PM
they do appear to be getting a tad ahead of themselves in regards to setting the heather on fire in the SPL next season blah blah blah, and that's just from their head coach...oops, i mean the guy neilson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32350868

Head coach Robbie Neilson wants Hearts to make an immediate impact on their return to the Premiership next season.
"I think we should go to every venue in Scotland and try and win the game - and expect to win," he said

oh i do hope they struggle :)

Yes, that is a woeful attitude to have isn't it ?

Much rather the historic "***** our pants and put 10 men behind the ball " approach of so many of the "smaller " teams away from home at Celtc Park especially.

FWIW, I hope they struggle too, and badly at that, but the attitude Neilson is showing is what I'd want Stubbs to be showing if we'd just pished all over this league.