PDA

View Full Version : One down two to go

007 Mickey Weir
22-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Well that was a great win tonight. Now let's concentrate on making sure we get 6 points in the remaining games. I do think Rangers will slip up against either Falkirk or Hearts. We can't let that chance go.

mca
22-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Don't think they will beat Falkirk or hearts.. But I Predict 4 points for them..

ancient hibee
22-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Don't think they will beat Falkirk or hearts.. But I Predict 4 points for them..

Run that arithmetic by me again.

JimBHibees
22-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Run that arithmetic by me again.

:greengrin

eastterrace
22-04-2015, 09:03 PM

EH!

stokesmessiah
22-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Woah, just woah!

MileHighBees
22-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Couldn't care less what Zombie Rangers do.
I want Hibs to win both remaining league games to have some momentum going into the play-offs.
Obviously whoever finishes 2nd has an advantage but it's going to come down to who does better on the day in play-off games.
(or who gets the better refereeing decisions :rolleyes:)
As someone wrote the other day, Queen of the South can't be ruled out as they have a winning record against both teams this season.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Glad I never went to your school.

Liberal Hibby
22-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Third place confirmed.

Canongatehibs
22-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I want Hibs to win both remaining league games to have some momentum going into the play-offs.
Obviously whoever finishes 2nd has an advantage but it's going to come down to who does better on the day in play-off games.
As someone wrote the other day, Queen of the South can't be ruled out as they have a winning record against both teams this season.
Realistically, i believe that the likes of Motherwell will not fall in the play off final. whether that be us or the Huns. But I f'''""n hope like hell we can push and do it!!

mca
22-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Glad I never went to your school.

Aww this because I forgot to add the Sfa / spfl / Masons Wink :wink:

Guaranteed - The newco will finish above us.. :cb

Ozyhibby
22-04-2015, 09:54 PM
6 pts will be enough for 2nd.
Just need to make sure we get them.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2015, 10:01 PM
6 pts will be enough for 2nd.
Just need to make sure we get them.

Another maths genius. No it won't be enough if they also get six points.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2015, 10:04 PM

That's not you moaning is it?

Good to meet you tonight :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
22-04-2015, 10:06 PM
That's not you moaning is it?

Good to meet you tonight :thumbsup:

Nah, ozyhibby is chief moaner on here JB. Yes it was good to put a face to the name. :aok:

Ozyhibby
22-04-2015, 10:27 PM

There is nothing wrong with my ARITHMETIC but I was making a prediction about how many points I think we will need.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2015, 10:30 PM
It's not in our hands. We can only do our bit by making sure that we pick up maximum points in our last two matches and ask the question of Sevco.

If they win their last two matches, they'll finish second but I'm hopeful that Hearts can do us a favour on the final day.

Peevemor
22-04-2015, 10:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with my ARITHMETIC but I was making a prediction about how many points I think we will need.

Arithmetic is a branch of mathematics. If you're going to try to be PEDANTIC, you have to get it right.

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2015, 10:34 PM
It looks like it will go to the last day, and, if that happens, would Hearts really want to do us a favour?

B.H.F.C
22-04-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't think Rangers will take 6 points.

I'm glad Falkirk are going to Ibrox still having an outside chance of the playoffs. That makes things a bit more interesting.

scotch
22-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Realistically, i believe that the likes of Motherwell will not fall in the play off final. whether that be us or the Huns. But I f'''""n hope like hell we can push and do it!!

I really don't get all this revisionist opinion of the the Premier League. We are undoubtedly a better team than we were last year and yet up until the last few rounds of fixtures last season, could have quite easily avoided getting sucked into the 2nd bottom playoff spot.

So to be so pessimistic as to write off anyone's chances against the 2nd bottom of the SPL doesn't add up to me.

I realise there was an air of positivity to your comment, so I'm more aiming this at the widespread comments I've seen about this apparent sudden chasm that exists between 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship and the bottom 3/4 teams of the SPL

mca
22-04-2015, 10:43 PM
It's not in our hands. - but I'm hopeful that Hearts can do us a favour on the final day.

Not if the SFA has anything to do with it !!! :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Can see us both getting six points. If we got two really good performances , that would be good too.

Diclonius
22-04-2015, 10:47 PM
The best outcome we can hope for is Rangers drawing at Hearts - they won't lose. We have to win our next two games to stand a chance at second.

The way things stand we could have nothing to play for at Falkirk if we lose to Alloa and Rangers win - certainly hope that isn't the case seeing as I've bought my ticket! :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
22-04-2015, 10:51 PM
The best outcome we can hope for is Rangers drawing at Hearts - they won't lose. We have to win our next two games to stand a chance at second.

The way things stand we could have nothing to play for at Falkirk if we lose to Alloa and Rangers win - certainly hope that isn't the case seeing as I've bought my ticket! :rolleyes:

I really don't see us losing to Alloa.

monktonharp
23-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Don't think they will beat Falkirk or hearts.. But I Predict 4 points for them..late in the season but the spfl have decided its 2 points for a draw.

monktonharp
23-04-2015, 01:16 AM
that gorgie mob, will never do us a favour, or not intentionally anyway. Idont think they will win any more games this season.

Denverhibby
23-04-2015, 06:04 AM
Must have been a Leith Academy pupil with that Arithmatic

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 06:17 AM
I don't think Rangers will take 6 points.

I'm glad Falkirk are going to Ibrox still having an outside chance of the playoffs. That makes things a bit more interesting.

Don't expect any favours from houstons hammers.

lyonhibs
23-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Aww this because I forgot to add the Sfa / spfl / Masons Wink :wink:

Guaranteed - The newco will finish above us.. :cb

Not if we get 6 points and they, as you forecast, get 4.

You aren't Hearts' accountant by any chance ?

Scottie
23-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Not if we get 6 points and they, as you forecast, get 4.

You aren't Hearts' accountant by any chance ?
:greengrin

Roxyhibee
23-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Pretty sure the Yams will take at least a point off the The Rangers. Fancy them to win actually.

And I think we can win at Falkirk.

Ozyhibby
23-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Must have been a Leith Academy pupil with that Arithmatic

So must you with that spelling. ;-)

Gatecrasher
23-04-2015, 09:26 AM
its mad how quickly this season has went, I have really enjoyed it. and it's still all to play for!

high bee
23-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Don't understand how we can be gutted it's ICT in the final as that would give us a decent chance of winning the cup.

Then on the other hand we seem fearful of Motherwell in the playoff final should it be us v them.

I say bring on any team in the Prem, we showed we can mix it with decent teams when we played Dundee United. They were in good form and hadn't lost there 2 golden boys.

We struggle when teams park the bus so hopefully playing a team like Motherwell who are in decent form might actually be better as they might want to try and play some football of their own. If it was someone in free fall like Killie they might try to sit back and counter attack.

bingo70
23-04-2015, 09:49 AM
its mad how quickly this season has went, I have really enjoyed it. and it's still all to play for!

Really? I think it's been a dreadful season, been bored out my mind the vast majority of the time, even games we've won have generally been so one sided it's been like a training game. I've been surprised by how poor the standard has been, every single team has been gash, including hearts and rangers.

I can't wait to get out this league.

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Can see us both getting six points. If we got two really good performances , that would be good too.

We've already played Falkirk 4 times and are yet to win.

What makes you think we'll beat them the next time?

bingo70
23-04-2015, 10:06 AM
We've already played Falkirk 4 times and are yet to win.

What makes you think we'll beat them the next time?

We should have pumped them every time and they'll have one eye on the cup final.

That said, it's a game we need to win so we probably won't

Keith_M
23-04-2015, 10:08 AM
We should have pumped them every time and they'll have one eye on the cup final.

That said, it's a game we need to win so we probably won't

The problem is that we didn't, though.

The one thing in our favour is that they'll have nothing to play for, so Houston might decide not to shut up shop this time. If it's an open game, we stand a much better chance of winning.

Gatecrasher
23-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Really? I think it's been a dreadful season, been bored out my mind the vast majority of the time, even games we've won have generally been so one sided it's been like a training game. I've been surprised by how poor the standard has been, every single team has been gash, including hearts and rangers.

Yeah! sure some of the teams we've come up against are a bit pish but we've finally got some positive vibes gong through the club again. We are challenging Rangers for 2nd hopefully until the last game then the exitement of the play offs. We've played some good football not only in general but in the big games as well. We are in the mix at the business end of the season what else could you ask for? The only thing that annoys me about this season is our slow start and gave Hearts a free run at winning the league.

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Yambo will screw us over against Rangers, put your life savings on it. Celebrating with his big brother fae Govan, and that prick on their PA cracking jokes.

bingo70
23-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah! sure some of the teams we've come up against are a bit pish but we've finally got some positive vibes gong through the club again. We are challenging Rangers for 2nd hopefully until the last game then the exitement of the play offs. We've played some good football not only in general but in the big games as well. We are in the mix at the business end of the season what else could you ask for? The only thing that annoys me about this season is our slow start and gave Hearts a free run at winning the league.

The slow start I can handle, it's the dropping of points recently that's pissed me off.

Its great we've still got something to play for, to be honest though my excitement over the play offs is dampened by my expectation that we'll 'hibs' it when it matters.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-04-2015, 10:28 AM
The cheats will not be trying a leg against their big brothers that's for sure.

Them doing us a favour?

:bitchy:

lyonhibs
23-04-2015, 11:27 AM
The slow start I can handle, it's the dropping of points recently that's pissed me off.

Its great we've still got something to play for, to be honest though my excitement over the play offs is dampened by my expectation that we'll 'hibs' it when it matters.

This, sadly, is my outlook as well. Looking forward to this incarnation of Hibs proving me wrong for a change.

DH1875
23-04-2015, 12:41 PM
I can see the yams taking points off newco to be fair. Problem is, I can also see Falkirk taking points off us as well. What's the betting its a draw at the pbs and we end up getting done over with a goal against us in the last 5 minutes :(

patlowe
23-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I can see the yams taking points off newco to be fair. Problem is, I can also see Falkirk taking points off us as well. What's the betting its a draw at the pbs and we end up getting done over with a goal against us in the last 5 minutes :(

I would say us vs Alloa is the only game out of the four involving Hibs and Rangers that I am confident of predicting (win for us, fingers crossed). The rest I think could go either way so 2nd place is very much still in the balance. Goal difference could also be significant so it will be interesting to see what our approach is come Saturday.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2015, 12:51 PM
The cheats will not be trying a leg against their big brothers that's for sure.

Them doing us a favour?

:bitchy:

Funny, as all the Hearts players I speak too, would rather Hibs came up than Rangers

Denverhibby
23-04-2015, 01:13 PM
:wink:Sure was , many many years ago.

So must you with that spelling. ;-)

Bristolhibby
23-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Us v Alloa - Hibs Win
Huns v Falkirk - Want a draw as it would mean Falkirk have blown 4th and done us an enormous favour re Huns.

Falkirk v Us - Falkirk have an eye on the final and can't achieve 4th - Hibs win
Hearts v Huns - Hearts win, but even if they don't win, we just have to equal Rangers reult. Hearts are having a party and will not want to lose to the Huns.

QOTS V Rangers
Rangers v QOTS - Queens win over two legs but suffered a bruising two encounters.

QOTS v Hibs
Hibs v QOTS - Hibs win over two legs.

Hibs v SPL 11 - Hibs beat a team low on confidence 2-0
SPL 11 v Hibs - Massive fan base heads away with Hibs getting an early goal (to calm the nerves). Ends up winning 1-2, with a late winner after a jammy equaliser, sends Hibs pack to the Premier, just in time for League reconstruction.

J

Ozyhibby
23-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Us v Alloa - Hibs Win
Huns v Falkirk - Want a draw as it would mean Falkirk have blown 4th and done us an enormous favour re Huns.

Falkirk v Us - Falkirk have an eye on the final and can't achieve 4th - Hibs win
Hearts v Huns - Hearts win, but even if they don't win, we just have to equal Rangers reult. Hearts are having a party and will not want to lose to the Huns.

QOTS V Rangers
Rangers v QOTS - Queens win over two legs but suffered a bruising two encounters.

QOTS v Hibs

SPL 11 v Hibs - Massive fan base heads away with Hibs getting an early goal (to calm the nerves). Ends up winning 1-2, with a late winner after a jammy equaliser, sends Hibs pack to the Premier, just in time for League reconstruction.

J

Makes lovely reading. :-)

jacomo
23-04-2015, 02:43 PM

Er, might be time to keep one eye on Der Neuer Hun because if they win their next 2 they finish 2nd regardless of what we achieve.

Following the row over timing of the last game, and it's Danny Wilson's last game for Hearts, I now think our neighbours will be determined to get a win.

jacomo
23-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Makes lovely reading. :-)

Yes I like it a lot.

CallumLaidlaw
23-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Funny, as all the Hearts players I speak too, would rather Hibs came up than Rangers

Walker said so today in the paper.

Also, they will be collecting the League trophy in front of a full house after that game, so the players will not want to lose that beforehand.

Sir David Gray
23-04-2015, 03:50 PM

:agree: I'm not sure how I'll cope with another season in the Championship, if we fail to get promoted.

emerald green
23-04-2015, 06:11 PM
The last two games of the season would have been immaterial if Hibs had not chucked away so many points so cheaply throughout the season. 2nd place would/should already have been secured, but sadly it's not.

We all know the ridiculous games in question. For example - 3 points chucked away at Raith Rovers a few weeks ago. Throwing away a 3-1 lead at home to Falkirk. There are more of course.

Don't bet on the Yams doing Hibs any favours on the last game of the season. Their season finished weeks ago.

rcarter1
23-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Us v Alloa - Hibs Win

QOTS V Rangers

QOTS v Hibs

J

Great post, Points in bold

1) agree totally, draw a great outcome, or a Falkirk win and a QOS win vs Dumbarton..

2) Hearts parties are crap.

3) Would be great to watch!! :lolrangers:

4) After all that hard work… :brickwall

Ronster117
23-04-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't think that the Huns will win both games, I'd rather they dropped points to Falkirk, We would never hear the end of it from the manky mob if they did us a favour.:na na:

Hermit Crab
23-04-2015, 10:38 PM
I don't think that the Huns will win both games, I'd rather they dropped points to Falkirk, We would never hear the end of it from the manky mob if they did us a favour.:na na:

How? We've done hearts 3 favours this season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-04-2015, 10:56 PM
When Nade scored that 90th min equaliser at ER, I turned to my mate and said 'we will finish one point behind Rangers'. Really hope I'm wrong but just think it's typical of our luck this season

greenlex
24-04-2015, 02:32 AM
It's all about the play offs. We have been pretty average until very recently after a great run. Another two games before facing Rangers might do us the world of good going at them with a bit momentum rather than a week off. I know there's no guarantees about two oegs against Queens but let's be honest if we can't get past them home and away we don't really deserve a crack at Rangers. Quite relaxed about the last two games to be honest the results on the grander scheme of things are not really that important other than momentum if that makes sense.

Pete
24-04-2015, 03:24 AM
[/B]

How? We've done hearts 3 favours this season.

Let's get this "doing us a favour" thing dealt with right away.

They are 20 odd points clear of rangers and they should therefore win against them. It would be normal service and anything other than a hearts win or a draw should be out of the ordinary.

#FromTheCapital
24-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Let's get this "doing us a favour" thing dealt with right away.

They are 20 odd points clear of rangers and they should therefore win against them. It would be normal service and anything other than a hearts win or a draw should be out of the ordinary.

Aye but the players are in holiday mode, that's the only reason we beat them don't you know ;-)

Jim44
24-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Nah, ozyhibby is chief moaner on here JB. Yes it was good to put a face to the name. :aok:

That's a rather rash statement. I'm sure a few others, including myself, will be greatly offended. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-04-2015, 08:42 AM
That's a rather rash statement. I'm sure a few others, including myself, will be greatly offended. :greengrin

Ozyhibby has taken the title from me! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Ozyhibby has taken the title from me! :greengrin

Hermit and Ozy at the match

https://youtu.be/14njUwJUg1I