PDA

View Full Version : Robertson and McGeouch passengers

madhatter
18-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Sad to say that these two were passengers today. Most of team couldn't control ball except for Scott Allan. We had so many chances but our standard of play apart from anything Scott Allan did was woeful. Need to learn to pass and move, first touch must be praticised. If we play like that rest of season we will stay down.

Scooter
18-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Thats why Dylan should never have been Right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position

adhibs
18-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Completely agree. forgot Robertson was playing and McGeouch at fault for the goal. Not his natural position so don't hold it against him though

Callum_62
18-04-2015, 01:25 PM
while Dylan did switch off at the goal

he also almost set up 1st for farid (macdonald save from header on the ground) and he should have scored with the volley 2nd half - altho then laid it on a plate for Lewis

he wasnt anywhere near our worst player (Jason)

snooky
18-04-2015, 01:29 PM
One point of observation. Everytime we get a throw in NOBODY runs into space. They always stand still next to their marker. WTF?
Broonie was the last player that actually 'moved' at shies.
Sadly it's been like that for several years and for some reason, the top guys, who know a *****load more about the game than me, can't/don't see it.

GreenLake
18-04-2015, 01:29 PM
The referee blocked more balls out to Stevenson than their right back.

madhatter
18-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Completely agree. forgot Robertson was playing and McGeouch at fault for the goal. Not his natural position so don't hold it against him though

Both were at fault for goal. Robertsons attempt to stop cross was woeful and McGeouch didn't even challenge.

I enjoy the Hibs TV stuff they are trying to do now but the club still need to do the talking on the pitch. We'll get the usual "can't fault the players" stuff which I fully understand but why throughout this season have we struggled against QoS and Falkirk? Players not good enough or tactically unsound? Sadly I think it is: large parts of team aren't good enough. Isn't that part of the reason we've played diamond midfield. We've needed players able to cross and get to the byline against these teams and we don't have 1. Instead we've strengthened middle with more players because we're easy to play against (still the case).

snooky
18-04-2015, 01:38 PM
The referee blocked more balls out to Stevenson than their right back.

To be honest, I thought the ref was pretty fair all round.
Though I must say, his first touch from the Allan pass was crap.

Allant1981
18-04-2015, 01:38 PM
To be honest, I thought the ref was pretty fair all round.
Though I must say, his first touch from the Allan pass was crap.

The ref was garbage

madhatter
18-04-2015, 01:40 PM
The ref was garbage

Would like to add that Handling was sent off against Rangers for a similar tackle to Taiwo. From behind and scissor movement. Referee was mince. Every referee at top of Scottish football is. In with the boys, only reason they go there.

sesoim
18-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Robertson is pointless, but we had 3 or 4 players all doing the same thing, ie passing to Allan, in midfield. As I said on another thread, if we are going to play so many midfielders, we need a bit more variation there. None of them are goalscorers but the way Stubbs sets us up, the chances keep falling to them. We also could have done with a speedy runner up front to play the ball through to.

I hope Stubbs makes the necessary changes in the summer because I don't think this team will do much better next season - too many teams know how to handle us.

Crammond Hibee
18-04-2015, 05:41 PM
One point of observation. Everytime we get a throw in NOBODY runs into space. They always stand still next to their marker. WTF?
Broonie was the last player that actually 'moved' at shies.
Sadly it's been like that for several years and for some reason, the top guys, who know a *****load more about the game than me, can't/don't see it.

When you have a throw in you have possession and should keep it
Most of the time.Not Hibs.
They give it awAy most of the time

Heisenberg
18-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Robertson was *****. Crapped out of every 50/50 and chose to wait on the ball instead of making a tackle. His effort to stop the cross for the goal was also shocking.

Turkish Green
18-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Methinks the Hampden pitch did not suit Robertson. He looked out of place from the whistle. What surprises me is that while we can see from the stands and on screen that he is having an ineffectual game but Stubbs cannot see it from the dug-out.

Billychaotic182
18-04-2015, 10:15 PM
What a load of ****! One week Robertson is our most improved player the next he is not good enough for us. Get to ****. Sick of knee jerk reactions to a loss. As for Dyan yeah he wasn't great but come on te ****.

Hermit Crab
18-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Sad to say that these two were passengers today. Most of team couldn't control ball except for Scott Allan. We had so many chances but our standard of play apart from anything Scott Allan did was woeful. Need to learn to pass and move, first touch must be praticised. If we play like that rest of season we will stay down.

Complete rubbish and quite frankly a terrible thread. Ffs, these boys have been brilliant for us all season.

madhatter
18-04-2015, 10:20 PM
What a load of ****! One week Robertson is our most improved player the next he is not good enough for us. Get to ****. Sick of knee jerk reactions to a loss. As for Dyan yeah he wasn't great but come on te ****.

I've never said Robertson was our most improved player. Not a knee jerk reaction. McGeouch has been very poor for weeks (even before he went out injured). Hardly knee jerk reaction, these players have struggled against QoS, Falkirk and lesser teams all season. Where are all the 5-0 scores? Hardly any. Hardly any more than 2-0.
This is a reaction to many losses and many dropped points against teams we should be beating. Once again not knee jerk.

madhatter
18-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Complete rubbish and quite frankly a terrible thread. Ffs, these boys have been brilliant for us all season.

Your definition of brilliant is vastly different from mine clearly. Struggling to get promotion in Championship and dropping points against part-time teams is hardly my definition of brilliant. Sad to say if that is brilliant then I'm concerned what poor is.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2015, 10:30 PM

:agree: Next week they will be heroes.

Just sometimes things don't work out and today was one of them.

Ŵe should have won but we didn't.

Concentrate on promotion.

Borderhibbie76
19-04-2015, 07:51 AM

Ur spot on mate Robbo was nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here...the knee jerkers are out in force today. He didnt have his best game yest but massive overreaction on this thread. As for Dylan...he was played out of position due to Gray Watson and Boyle all being unavailable

gorgie greens
19-04-2015, 08:43 AM
There's no point pointing the finger at these 2 ,I would put these 2 on my team sheet every week,the reason we are out is we cannot put the ball in the net,we can batter teams all day long but if you can't put the ball in the net you won't win

Big_Franck
19-04-2015, 09:02 AM
I've never said Robertson was our most improved player. Not a knee jerk reaction. McGeouch has been very poor for weeks (even before he went out injured). Hardly knee jerk reaction, these players have struggled against QoS, Falkirk and lesser teams all season. Where are all the 5-0 scores? Hardly any. Hardly any more than 2-0.
This is a reaction to many losses and many dropped points against teams we should be beating. Once again not knee jerk.

Couldn't disagree more. McGeouch is our best player and we'll be very lucky to keep him. I thought he did OK today in a role that I have never seen him play before. Looking forward to seeing him back in the middle of the park driving the team forward again on Wednesday.

madhatter
19-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Ur spot on mate Robbo was nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here...the knee jerkers are out in force today. He didnt have his best game yest but massive overreaction on this thread. As for Dylan...he was played out of position due to Gray Watson and Boyle all being unavailable

I cannot fathom this "knee jerk" statement. Are we romping the league or something? Are we thrashing part-time teams? Knee jerk means sudden...we play diamond in midfield to be more solid in middle for defensive purposes. We sit off part-time teams when we lose the ball. We can't cross the ball, we have no wingers because they left a frailty in defence against part-time teams (e.g. Kennedy didn't defend). Really can't understand the love in for these players struggling to gain promotion and dropping points against part-time teams.

Will it be overreaction when we are still in championship and still dropping points against part-time teams next season if this comes to happen? Will that still be knee jerk? What are our standards and expectations? Have we already adjusted them for a stay in the championship?

Borderhibbie76
19-04-2015, 11:38 AM
I cannot fathom this "knee jerk" statement. Are we romping the league or something? Are we thrashing part-time teams? Knee jerk means sudden...we play diamond in midfield to be more solid in middle for defensive purposes. We sit off part-time teams when we lose the ball. We can't cross the ball, we have no wingers because they left a frailty in defence against part-time teams (e.g. Kennedy didn't defend). Really can't understand the love in for these players struggling to gain promotion and dropping points against part-time teams.

Will it be overreaction when we are still in championship and still dropping points against part-time teams next season if this comes to happen? Will that still be knee jerk? What are our standards and expectations? Have we already adjusted them for a stay in the championship?

Because of where we started from last summer...the more realistic amongst us expected play offs were about the best we could hope for...yes we shouldn't be in this league but we are and there are many encouraging signs despite some disappointments. But people on here jump on the back of defeats like its an apocalypse or something?? We had very little chance of winning the final so we need to move on qyquickly and back the team thru the play offs. We still have an excellent chance of going up!! Try a glass half full for a change pal

GreenOnions
19-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't think the balance in the team is quite right and that was exacerbated by having to play McGeouch wide right. El Alagui also still looks very rusty to me - understandably so.

However, generally - we don't have enough pace or directness in the team. I think it is difficult to expect Alan Stubbs to have fixed every single aspect of a broken squad when he arrived in the short time he's had available to re-shape things. I am pretty sure he agrees with this point though and I imagine it's why he brought in Boyle on loan.

I am extremely happy that we've got quite a few quality footballers in the squad such as Allan, Fyvie and McGeouch but we need more of a mixture in our starting 11 so that there's more of a goal threat from midfield, more pace and more players willing to try to go past people. It was only really Scott Allan who was able to do that yesterday.

We'll get more of an idea where Stubbs sees our strengths and weaknesses once his summer signing targets become apparent.

Unseen work
19-04-2015, 12:24 PM
When we are struggling with not enough pace, I can't fathom why Harris was put on loan for a full season, would it not have been better to loan him out till January and see where his head was etc and then have him for the run in if he was ready that is, his pace and directness is missing from the team.

Harris only went out on loan in January

J-C
19-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Harris only went out on loan in January

Was it, jeez I'd have sworn he's been away for nearly all the season, but yea you're right it was a swap for Boyle, getting auld is no laughing matter lol

PS post deleted

ancient hibee
19-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Methinks the Hampden pitch did not suit Robertson. He looked out of place from the whistle. What surprises me is that while we can see from the stands and on screen that he is having an ineffectual game but Stubbs cannot see it from the dug-out.

The pitch was very fiery with the ball often bouncing more than head high on the second bounce never mind the first.Our real failure was very poor crossing.

Unseen work
19-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Was it, jeez I'd have sworn he's been away for nearly all the season, but yea you're right it was a swap for Boyle, getting auld is no laughing matter lol

PS post deleted

Agree with what your saying though, we have a worrying lack of wingers, actually we have 0 natural wingers, that's why I felt it strange getting rid of Kennedy and Harris, we done even have the option to play wingers as we have none, you could play boyle and dje dje there however

basehibby
19-04-2015, 05:07 PM
I don't get this thread at all - McGeoch, his defending at their goal apart was involved a lot and very good for us - Robertson did nothing wrong :confused:

Big_Franck
19-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I don't get this thread at all - McGeoch, his defending at their goal apart was involved a lot and very good for us - Robertson did nothing wrong :confused:

Totally agree. We got beat though, and some just need to find a scapegoat somewhere, regardless of whether it's justified or not.

madhatter
19-04-2015, 06:08 PM

People watching a different Hibs or have low standards? Doing nothing wrong doesn't mean they are good. I could sit at the corner flag and the same "did nothing wrong" could be attributed to me. Apart from Allan and Fyvie none of our midfield had any major influence on game. We've lost to Falkirk again. Nothing to be positive about. Team absolutely must improve. I hope vastly different team next season. Less defensive I hope. Some tricky wingers would be nice.

I would like to add its nothing about scapegoats it's about trying to maintain expectations. If we all were saying "valiant attempt from the lads there" do you know what that would look like? Like we didn't expect to win. It is worrying to think we shouldn't be expecting to win and anything but should be regarded as very poor.

even in our dire state we should be beating Falkirk. We certainly shouldn't have dropped points to part-timers. If any of these players were as good as some people think, possibly they think themselves, then these 2 wouldnt have come to pass. Sadly they have - we've dropped points against part-timers and lost against Falkirk again.

Purple & Green
19-04-2015, 09:09 PM
I think you're right - this team isn't as good as a lot of people think it is. That's not to say we're maybe only a couple of quality players from a very decent side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
20-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I like both but frustrating at times

AlbertK86
20-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Unbelievable post

Hope these lads don't read .net as they will be really motivated to sign next season

Both have been excellent all season

Some folk really need a reality check

madhatter
21-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Unbelievable post

Hope these lads don't read .net as they will be really motivated to sign next season

Both have been excellent all season

Some folk really need a reality check

Reality check? OK, we lost in SC again, lost against Falkirk again, have horrendous record against QoS and Falkirk this year, we're likely to be paying 3rd highest wages in league possibly by a longshot, we may still be in league next year, we've dropped points against part-timers. Things have improved over last year but excellent cannot be used to describe the players performances. Care to explain your reality? Doing quite well and running a lot isn't enough for me. They need to create goals, they need to bring something noticeable to the table. Same goes for other players as well. However, as I stated they were both passengers against Falkirk. Both also to blame for Falkirk's goal.

WeeRussell
21-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Would like to add that Handling was sent off against Rangers for a similar tackle to Taiwo. From behind and scissor movement. Referee was mince. Every referee at top of Scottish football is. In with the boys, only reason they go there.

But he shouldn't have been...

Robertson took a while to get back up to speed and took a couple of poor touches early on, having been out the team the week before.

McGeough (who I think was the right one of the three to be pushed wide if allowing for Robertson coming in) didn't enjoy it as much out wide and kept cutting inside (leaving him on left foot) rather than going past the full back on the outside) but didn't have a terrible game. Could have done more for their goal possibly but never let the side down.

In general - Hibs played well and luck wasn't on their side. Does seem to happen too often but there's no point in pretending we were sh*te and grabbing at straws with individuals' performances. A better day for our strikers and a bit of luck and we win easy, and the same people on here are full of praise for performances.

These defeats are never easy to take - but I hope our players come to terms with it quicker than some on here, as we've a VERY important game to win tomorrow evening.

Keep the Faith.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 12:26 PM
They are certainly not passengers as both have been excellent for Hibs this season however they both could have done better at the winning goal as should one of the centre halfs.

The Harp Awakes
21-04-2015, 12:57 PM
JimBHibees;4354535]They are certainly not passengers as both have been excellent for Hibs this season however they both could have done better at the winning goal as should one of the centre halfs.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. Both have been very good players for Hibs this season and singling them out for blame is a joke.

Even if both players could have done better at the goal though, it should have been irrelevant. Hibs should have been 3 or 4 up at the time. The fact that we wasted numerous opportunities to score was the biggest problem.

JimBHibees
21-04-2015, 01:03 PM
You're absolutely right. Both have been very good players for Hibs this season and singling them out for blame is a joke.

Even if both players could have done better at the goal though, it should have been irrelevant. Hibs should have been 3 or 4 up at the time. The fact that we wasted numerous opportunities to score was the biggest problem.

Totally agree.

Billychaotic182
22-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Still rubbish? Thought so!!! Weeshed

madhatter
22-04-2015, 08:30 PM

Playing bottom team in championship. Hardly an indicator of anything...wheeshed is very poor as well I might add...

Stokesy's on fire
22-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Thought it was great how the ball was Robertsons passenger tonight.

Stokesy's on fire
22-04-2015, 08:54 PM

Good post!

ancient hibee
22-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Playing bottom team in championship. Hardly an indicator of anything...wheeshed is very poor as well I might add...

Well it indicates that we took care of them while Rangers didn't.

Billychaotic182
22-04-2015, 08:57 PM

Haha childish I know but it suits this thread

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Tonight showed how much we missed Dylan in the centre of the park on Saturday. Honestly think we would have won with him driving on from the centre. He also wouldn't have been trying to defend for their winner either