PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Unseen work
16-04-2015, 02:10 PM
We need to get this guy signed up long term. I know a lot of it depends on what league we are in but he is a cracking player.

IMO he has all the attributes to be a future captain, you seen him on Saturday bossing the midfield, he won everything and covered every blade of grass.

You also seen him directing other players on there positioning, especially the strikers and the areas for them to drop into which shut off the pass to the midfielders and strikers. The bit I liked was when malonga made the wrong option was he made his feelings very clear and ran up and told him exactly what he thought.

He's a winner, and a brilliant footballer

Smartie
16-04-2015, 02:25 PM
If he puts a shift in on Saturday and drives us onto a positive result then I'd be astonished if such a deal wasn't offered.

We could still find ourselves in the Championship with reduced funds next year though so I reckon the board are being a bit cautious as regards doling out contracts.

We have 5 or 6 contracts up at at the end of the season that I would love to see see extended. Fyvie, Stevenson, Fontaine and McGeoch for starters.

On another note I was delighted to see that Stubbs was able to get Allan, McGeoch and Fyvie into the same midfield functioning well with each other - I'd started to wonder whether or not it was possible.

Unseen work
16-04-2015, 03:56 PM
If he puts a shift in on Saturday and drives us onto a positive result then I'd be astonished if such a deal wasn't offered.

We could still find ourselves in the Championship with reduced funds next year though so I reckon the board are being a bit cautious as regards doling out contracts.

We have 5 or 6 contracts up at at the end of the season that I would love to see see extended. Fyvie, Stevenson, Fontaine and McGeoch for starters.

On another note I was delighted to see that Stubbs was able to get Allan, McGeoch and Fyvie into the same midfield functioning well with each other - I'd started to wonder whether or not it was possible.

Personally I think we would offer them all regardless, I think it would be the players not willing to sign in incase we fail to get promoted

gorgie greens
16-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Money may be short if we stay down but figures of £1000000 for play offs and the cup run revenue on top of that plus the kick on with ST if we get to the final ,must be £2 million before the Season Tickets comes in to play

Canon Hannan
16-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Pure quality.

Squealing pig
16-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Lads a genius hope he keeps it up and signs on the sorted line

InchHibby
16-04-2015, 06:48 PM
We need to get this guy signed up long term. I know a lot of it depends on what league we are in but he is a cracking player.

IMO he has all the attributes to be a future captain, you seen him on Saturday bossing the midfield, he won everything and covered every blade of grass.

You also seen him directing other players on there positioning, especially the strikers and the areas for them to drop into which shut off the pass to the midfielders and strikers. The bit I liked was when malonga made the wrong option was he made his feelings very clear and ran up and told him exactly what he thought.

Totally agree, a great player to watch and definately a future potential Captain for Hibs. In fact the three midfielders of Allan, Mcgeoch and Fyvie, could you imagine them still playing together for Hibs in two or three years time. Would love to see that.

Greenblood70
16-04-2015, 06:50 PM

Agreed, his timing of a pass is superb imo - been really impressed by him and I think he can chip in with more goals from midfield when he is fully match fit (not that he's far away).

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Fyvie is a fantastic player and you can see why he got his move down south.

I think all out MF players compliment each other and I really hope Robertson is fit on Sat to take his place.

I honestly think Stubbs will play a crucial role in our ability to keep Fyvie, McGeouch and Alkan on extended contract.

Let's hope they all perform on Saturday.

Ronniekirk
16-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Fyvie is a fantastic player and you can see why he got his move down south.

I think all out MF players compliment each other and I really hope Robertson is fit on Sat to take his place.

I honestly think Stubbs will play a crucial role in our ability to keep Fyvie, McGeouch and Alkan on extended contract.

Let's hope they all perform on Saturday.

Stubbs will if we go up but not convinced they would all see another season in the Championship as furthering thier Careers. they all came to do that ,play first team football and no doubt playing Hearts and Rangers came into the equation .
And yes let's hope they perform on Saturday and get us to the Final but in doing so the exposure on that stage could also attract more suitors trying to lure them away .Bit of a Catch 22 Aldo

Billy Whizz
16-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Stubbs will if we go up but not convinced they would all see another season in the Championship as furthering thier Careers. they all came to do that ,play first team football and no doubt playing Hearts and Rangers came into the equation .
And yes let's hope they perform on Saturday and get us to the Final but in doing so the exposure on that stage could also attract more suitors trying to lure them away .Bit of a Catch 22 Aldo

Ronnie, depends what's on offer elsewhere, maybe you're right. But they'll want to be where they are wanted, and get regular game time. Need this win on Saturday to create the windfall to offer some contracts.

PS do you and Aldo live in the same house😄

Lago
16-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Not just the board being cautious I think the players in question are also being cautious re their future.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Stubbs will if we go up but not convinced they would all see another season in the Championship as furthering thier Careers. they all came to do that ,play first team football and no doubt playing Hearts and Rangers came into the equation . And yes let's hope they perform on Saturday and get us to the Final but in doing so the exposure on that stage could also attract more suitors trying to lure them away .Bit of a Catch 22 Aldo

Ronnie they are still young so that might go in our favour. Hopefully they put in a performance on Saturday that shows just how good they are.

You are however indeed correct it being a catch 22 but Stubbs got them here let's hope he can persuade them to stay on regardless.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Ronnie, depends what's on offer elsewhere, maybe you're right. But they'll want to be where they are wanted, and get regular game time. Need this win on Saturday to create the windfall to offer some contracts. PS do you and Aldo live in the same housedde04

Ha ha Billy like that.

This is where Stubbs will hopefully manage to persuade them to stay. Feel good factor and all that.

Hopefully get past Saturday with us all being happy and take it from there.

Brooster
16-04-2015, 08:08 PM
He was different class last Sunday. He has everything in his locker and I'm pleasantly surprised at how good he is in the air. I would love it if he signs.

3pm
16-04-2015, 08:12 PM
He was different class last Sunday. He has everything in his locker and I'm pleasantly surprised at how good he is in the air. I would love it if he signs.

Get on the blower and find out what's happening then! Report back to the troops!!!

Ronniekirk
16-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Ronnie, depends what's on offer elsewhere, maybe you're right. But they'll want to be where they are wanted, and get regular game time. Need this win on Saturday to create the windfall to offer some contracts.

PS do you and Aldo live in the same house

It's all one big Virtual Hibs Commune Billy Spread the Love :wink: Yep depends what's on offer else where but can't see them being short of offers So yep Saturday is a big game re generating Finance .

IanM
16-04-2015, 08:25 PM
money may be short if we stay down but figures of £1000000 for play offs and the cup run revenue on top of that plus the kick on with st if we get to the final ,must be £2 million before the season tickets comes in to play

hsl

007 Mickey Weir
16-04-2015, 11:06 PM
As I have said before. I know his dad and he tells me Fraser loves playing for Hibs and is blown away by the set up at the club. If Hibs offered him a contract now I think he would sign it. But all contract talks are being left to end of season.

In Stubbs we trust!

The_Exile
17-04-2015, 12:20 AM
He's a cracking player, actually reminds me of Claros a bit, the way he shifts about the middle closing the lanes down and is a good ball winner, excellent with the ball at his feet and carries a goal threat. Does all the simple things exceptionally well and is fast becoming 'Mr Reliable'.

Hibrandenburg
17-04-2015, 07:07 AM
The guy stood head and shoulders above the rest of the team in the only game I've seen live at ER this season. His first touch is excellent and situational awareness first class. Would be great to get him on a longer contract but I think long-term he's deemed for better than Hibs.

Hibee87
17-04-2015, 07:15 AM
He was my man of the match on saturday, and I said that about half time. Been fantastic since we got him and also managed to pitch in with a couple of goals.

Im sure it was him who was first on the scene to give Malonga an earful as well

we are hibs
17-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Just my opinion but every time I've seen him he's never really stood out for me, thought he was okay on Sunday but slowed the game down a lot.

Aldo
17-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Just my opinion but every time I've seen him he's never really stood out for me, thought he was okay on Sunday but slowed the game down a lot.

Indeed it is but you were obviously watching a different game to me. Was superb and not just with the ball. His positional sense, talking and directing players and looking for the ball.

He was also very unlucky with a placed shot that went just over.

The guy is class and is the type of quality we need at club.

Allan, McGeouch, Fyvie and Robertson complement each other IMHO.

scoopyboy
17-04-2015, 07:49 AM
If we win tomorrow I have reason to believe players may well be signed up on contracts before the play offs.

I would like to think Fraser Fyvie would be near the top of the list along with Liam Fontaine.

I would also like to think Dylan McGeouch as well but I think if he does sign it won't be quickly.

Scott Robertson and Lewis Stevenson could well be another two that feature.

I don't expect all to sign imminently but two or three might.

Tomorrow is massive.

PS - A few weeks ago I would have signed Keith Watson as well but I have cooled on him a bit.

Aldo
17-04-2015, 07:59 AM
If we win tomorrow I have reason to believe players may well be signed up on contracts before the play offs. I would like to think Fraser Fyvie would be near the top of the list along with Liam Fontaine. I would also like to think Dylan McGeouch as well but I think if he does sign it won't be quickly. Scott Robertson and Lewis Stevenson could well be another two that feature. I don't expect all to sign imminently but two or three might. Tomorrow is massive. PS - A few weeks ago I would have signed Keith Watson as well but I have cooled on him a bit.

You mentioned this previously Scoops so fingers crossed. Fyvie and Fontaine would be excellent as would McGeouch. Hope Lewis and Robertson both get contracts as well. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow then.

And if Jordan can produce performances like he did on Sunday then it's like having a new player with him having been out injured.

JimBHibees
17-04-2015, 08:02 AM
If we win tomorrow I have reason to believe players may well be signed up on contracts before the play offs.

I would like to think Fraser Fyvie would be near the top of the list along with Liam Fontaine.

I would also like to think Dylan McGeouch as well but I think if he does sign it won't be quickly.

Scott Robertson and Lewis Stevenson could well be another two that feature.

I don't expect all to sign imminently but two or three might.

Tomorrow is massive.

PS - A few weeks ago I would have signed Keith Watson as well but I have cooled on him a bit.

Really does reflect how massive tomorrow is.

overdrive
17-04-2015, 08:08 AM
He's probably our best midfielder when you take everything into account including consistency. Allan is better on his day but not consistent enough.

My only criticism of Fyvie is he can lack pace on the ball. There were a couple of times on Sunday where he broke up field and it looked like he was going in slow motion.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2015, 08:26 AM
It's imperative that we get him signed on a permanent deal. Fontaine as well.