PDA

View Full Version : Just as predicted - the SPFL are ramping the Rangers Return Mission into overdrive

Sylar
16-04-2015, 08:48 AM
This horrible mob benefited twice yesterday - firstly, their fixture is shifted to the day after all other games have been played (and obviously, has been discussed at length in other threads).

This was compiled last night by the performance of the SPFL/SFA allocated referee that turned up at Almondvale and rescued a point for Zombie FC.

The Huns survived having a perfectly good goal scored against them in the first half, after Cammy Bell dropped the ball at Hippolyte's feet before they survived an absolute stonewall penalty claim toward the end of the second half. It was inexplicable not to give it!

I think it was Hibsbollah who suggested this would happen when they found themselves up against and by Christ, he wasn't wrong.

Sporting integrity my arse :rolleyes:

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 09:02 AM
True, but they still couldn't even beat Livi.

That has encouraged me to believe that Hibs might actually finish second after all.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Just wait til the play offs. I'm expecting the ref to walk on the park with a white stick.

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Just wait til the play offs. I'm expecting the ref to walk on the park with a white stick.

Here's the Referee and assistants arriving at Almondvale last night.

Fully expect them to be dressed like this at all remaining The Rangers games.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2015, 09:24 AM
I used to think that it was just people being paranoid but having seen some of the incidents in favour of Sevco in recent weeks and months, I now fully understand what the authorities are up to.

If we go up this season, it will be a miracle.

snooky
16-04-2015, 09:31 AM
This horrible mob benefited twice yesterday - firstly, their fixture is shifted to the day after all other games have been played (and obviously, has been discussed at length in other threads).

This was compiled last night by the performance of the SPFL/SFA allocated referee that turned up at Almondvale and rescued a point for Zombie FC.

The Huns survived having a perfectly good goal scored against them in the first half, after Cammy Bell dropped the ball at Hippolyte's feet before they survived an absolute stonewall penalty claim toward the end of the second half. It was inexplicable not to give it!

I think it was Hibsbollah who suggested this would happen when they found themselves up against and by Christ, he wasn't wrong.

Also...
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?296828-Cummings-offered-ban-Hibs-reject-offer-and-win! - post #36 by Doddie Nostradamus

Islington Hibs
16-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Agree with all that but Rangers dropping two points last night unexpectedly is important.

We face Livingston, Alloa and Falkirk they Dumbarton, Falkirk and Hearts. IF we win all our games Rangers now need to beat Hearts on the last day- that is very far from guaranteed. We still have a pretty good chance of 2nd....although it is not in our control.

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Its very hard to tell with all this stuff to be honest. The trouble with Scottish football is that you have to take into account the incompetence of the SFA / SPFL and the poor standard of the refs, but lets not forget that the EPL has professional refs and they have made some howlers this season too.

Lets be clear here, there are two thing to be looked at:

1) Are we seriously saying that the SPFL are actually 'instructing' referees to favour The Rangers ?

2) Are the SPFL so desperate to return the Zombies to the Premiership that they would deliberately manipulate the schedule to hand them an advantage ?

As far as number 1 goes .... In all honesty I would find it very hard to believe that if such an instruction were given, that there wouldn't be at least one ref out there with enough integrity to ( pardon the pun ) blow the whistle. Unfortunately I think this one goes down to the time honoured tradition in our game that a ref finding himself surrounded by blue or lesser green bigoted knuckle draggers is more likely to brick it and let them away with murder. Not so much a question of a lack of honesty as a lack of courage IMO.

Number 2 is a bit harder to address. There is no doubt that allowing a situation to develop where the last day fixtures are not played at the same time is incompetence of staggering proportions. I have no doubt that if SKY had chosen to cover Falkirk v Hibs on the last day that the SPFL would have changed all the other fixtures to the same time ... they certainly wouldn't dare to try and shift the blame for the cock up onto the The Rangers like they are trying to do with us.

The SPFL and to a lesser extent TV have allowed this unacceptable situation to arise. If to rectify it the SPFL have to order Falkirk and any other clubs to change to the Sunday, then that is what they must do ... if that costs any of the clubs money then the SPFL must compensate them and any corporate sponsor who can prove they have also lost out. If they do not do this then they will have proved beyond a doubt that, deliberately or not, they are happy to hand The Rangers an unfair advantage and that is utterly unacceptable.

s.a.m
16-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Its very hard to tell with all this stuff to be honest. The trouble with Scottish football is that you have to take into account the incompetence of the SFA / SPFL and the poor standard of the refs, but lets not forget that the EPL has professional refs and they have made some howlers this season too.

1) Are we seriously saying that the SPFL are actually 'instructing' referees to favour The Rangers ?

2) Are the SPFL so desperate to return the Zombies to the Premiership that they would deliberately manipulate the schedule to hand them an advantage ?

As far as number 1 goes .... In all honesty I would find it very hard to believe that if such an instruction were given, that there wouldn't be at least one ref out there with enough integrity to ( pardon the pun ) blow the whistle. Unfortunately I think this one goes down to the time honoured tradition in our game that a ref finding himself surrounded by blue or lesser green bigoted knuckle draggers is more likely to brick it and let them away with murder. Not so much a question of a lack of honesty as a lack of courage IMO.

Number 2 is a bit harder to address. There is no doubt that allowing a situation to develop where the last day fixtures are not played at the same time is incompetence of staggering proportions. I have no doubt that if SKY had chosen to cover Falkirk v Hibs on the last day that the SPFL would have changed all the other fixtures to the same time ... they certainly wouldn't dare to try and shift the blame for the cock up onto the The Rangers like they are trying to do with us.

The SPFL and to a lesser extent TV have allowed this unacceptable situation to arise. If to rectify it the SPFL have to order Falkirk and any other clubs to change to the Sunday, then that is what they must do ... if that costs any of the clubs money then the SPFL must compensate them and any corporate sponsor who can prove they have also lost out. If they do not do this then they will have proved beyond a doubt that, deliberately or not, they are happy to hand The Rangers an unfair advantage and that is utterly unacceptable.

Pretty much agree with that. I think what's on show here is a staggering insufficiency of competence and leadership, with a healthy dose of mind-blowing stupidity. And also disrespect. And arrogance. Between this nonsense and the fixture pile-up situation, one thing we can definitely say is that the leadership of the SPFL don't look like they're up to the job. In both cases, it would be clear to a blind man on a galloping horse that difficulties might arise, and in both cases these could have been averted with some forethought and leadership.

While it's not impossible that the authorities would, at least, overlook a situation which favours The Rangers, I think that it's equally possible that their general uselessness explains this sorry mess.

snooky
16-04-2015, 10:12 AM

As for 1) No instructions required, a wink and a handshake is sufficent.
As for 2) I think you are right. If it was the Hibs game to be moved to the Sunday there would be a definite "No chance" response from the Donkey's Den.

theonlywayisup
16-04-2015, 10:59 AM
The problem is that IF The Rangers get a dodgy decision against Hibs that prevents Hibs from progressing, there will be a hour of adverse press reaction, then it will be "let's look forward to the Motherwell match".

If it was the other way, there will be calls for the game to be replayed etc etc.

jacomo
16-04-2015, 11:07 AM
As for 1) No instructions required, a wink and a handshake is sufficent.
As for 2) I think you are right. If it was the Hibs game to be moved to the Sunday there would be a definite "No chance" response from the Donkey's Den.

Letting Rangers play on Sunday is handing them a distinct advantage. In light of that, I believe SPFL doing all they can to get them promoted. Nods and winks can go a long way.

percy veer
16-04-2015, 11:39 AM
if we get to th final the refs will be reminded a good few times the havoc it would cause if we were to reach the play off final, cue the roll out of craig thomson for a harsh sending off and non penalty.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Gollums performance at ER v Der Hun was unbelievable. Booking Hibs players after a couple of fouls yet Moshni got countless final warnings.

Then the foul on Hanlon when he was poleaxed by Wallace.

Foul everyday of the week yet advantage to them and goal!!

That is blatant just like Cheats a few years ago.

They are supposed to even themselves out at end of season REALLY.

The standard of referring in this Country is poor to say the least.

emerald green
16-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Anyone who still thinks the game in this country is whiter than white, above reproach, and not bent in any way, needs to wake up and smell the coffee IMHO.

Baader
16-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Realistically, did anyone expect anything different?

The Harp Awakes
16-04-2015, 06:23 PM
The Hearts v Rangers fixture fiasco suggests that either the SPFL are totally incompetent or unashamedly biased in favour of Rangers. A bit of both for me.

I also find the timing of todays statement by the SFA about King not yet being proven to be fit and proper person suspicious. Deliberate timing by the beaks no doubt to try and convince folk that they are taking a hard line against Rangers when the SPFL's actions (or inactions) the previous day tried to give Rangers a clear advantage in the battle for promotion.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's usually a duck.

The_Sauz
16-04-2015, 06:50 PM

This is also from the game lastnight

Haris Vuckic put their first effort on target after 25 minutes and then escaped even a yellow card when he elbowed Talbot in the face. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
17-04-2015, 06:15 AM
This is also from the game lastnight
:rolleyes:

I am assuming the compliance officer will be looking at the Vuckic elbow. :rolleyes:

Aldo
17-04-2015, 06:36 AM
I am assuming the compliance officer will be looking at the Vuckic elbow. :rolleyes:

You would think?? However!!

JimBHibees
17-04-2015, 06:37 AM
You would think?? However!!

I would think 'no chance'. :greengrin

Not In The Know
17-04-2015, 06:44 AM

Is there any online footage of this elbow?

Aldo
17-04-2015, 06:44 AM

:-). That would give other teams an unfair advantage JBH. We cannot have that. It does seem that they think they can do what they want and get away with it.

CallumLaidlaw
17-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Is there any online footage of this elbow?

It was only on Rangers TV so I would imagine the footage will already have been burned.

JimBHibees
17-04-2015, 08:04 AM
It was only on Rangers TV so I would imagine the footage will already have been burned.

Livi would have footage also would they not?

Hermit Crab
17-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Remember, teams that play against rangers will play out their skins because they want Rangers in that league next season for the big crowds. :greengrin

They may still drop points this season.