PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeoch

proud_and_green
16-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Yesterday's Times is suggesting that Dylan is not in Celtc's plans and will sign for us! Really good news if we can do it!

Is this just speculation or is there substance to it?

Scottie
16-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Yesterday's Times is suggesting that Dylan is not in Celtc's plans and will sign for us! Really good news if we can do it!

Is this just speculation or is there substance to it?
Hope it's substance mate as I think he's been a great addition to our team this year.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Really hope we can sign him but if celtc let him go we won't be the only ones who have noticed what a good player he is

The Gorf
16-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Let's hope it's true. IMO he reminds me of how Jimmy Johnstone used to play for Celtic.

hughio
16-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Really hope we can sign him but if celtc let him go we won't be the only ones who have noticed what a good player he is

I think you are right.

All the more reason to move fast ..if the rhumour is true.

Very impressed with his drive and energy.

Cod Boy
16-04-2015, 09:14 AM
If we meet in the cup final we will see how much they rate him or not if they give permission for him to play.

Del Boy
16-04-2015, 09:15 AM
If we meet in the cup final we will see how much they rate him or not if they give permission for him to play.

They obviously won't let him play

jdships
16-04-2015, 09:31 AM
I understand from " Gregg's at East Mains" that a number of players are waiting to see which league we will be playing in next season.
Makes sense really as the bottom line for any pro is " money " :greengrin:wink:

007 Mickey Weir
16-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Fyvie, Dylan, Fontaine and Allan will commit to us if we go up and are offered contracts. Unsure if we don't go up. They are all loving it at Hibs. This comes from the father of one of them.

J-C
16-04-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm led to believe they might all still sign as they have all taken to Hibs and Stubbs's vision for the club, apart from Fontaine they are still young and another year in this league won't do them any harm, plus they're loving the freedom to express themselves on the park, can't beat a happy footballer.

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Great wee player ..... If we go up I can see him signing, but other clubs must be aware of him. Will love it if we can get him to sign.

As for him playing in the cup final if we get there and its celtic we play. They can allow him to play if they want, it would be kind of pathetic for them to deny a player they appear happy to offload in the summer the chance to play in the cup final. Still ... in light of the Legia Warsaw fiasco I dare say the lesser greens will show their class again :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 10:47 AM
When does his loan deal finish if play offs delayed? Same with Oxley?

Thecat23
16-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Oxley I'm told is off no matter what happens!

But in football you never know, but I'm not fussed either way.

J-C
16-04-2015, 10:53 AM

The loan deal will be to the end of the season, whenever that is, so he'll be availible for play offs I'd asssume.

monktonharp
16-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Great wee player ..... If we go up I can see him signing, but other clubs must be aware of him. Will love it if we can get him to sign.

As for him playing in the cup final if we get there and its celtic we play. They can allow him to play if they want, it would be kind of pathetic for them to deny a player they appear happy to offload in the summer the chance to play in the cup final. Still ... in light of the Legia Warsaw fiasco I dare say the lesser greens will show their class again :greengrin Ive thought for a while, that IF we were to make the final AND if Celtic were to make the final, that they would stop him from appearing. I now think that it would be very petty, if they were to deny him a chance to be in the final

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Ive thought for a while, that IF we were to make the final AND if Celtic were to make the final, that they would stop him from appearing. I now think that it would be very petty, if they were to deny him a chance to be in the final

They stopped Dunfermline playing a loan player against them in a final before. There is no chance Dylan will play if Celtic make the final.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 11:25 AM
And we should probably wait till Sunday to have this conversation. :-)

monktonharp
16-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Oxley I'm told is off no matter what happens!

But in football you never know, but I'm not fussed either way.not too fussed with the goalie, but the other man is a player!

Thecat23
16-04-2015, 11:29 AM
not too fussed with the goalie, but the other man is a player!

Yep agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew70
16-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Fyvie, Dylan, Fontaine and Allan will commit to us if we go up and are offered contracts. Unsure if we don't go up. They are all loving it at Hibs. This comes from the father of one of them.

If we don't go up then, as much as I think all four are fantastic players on their day then, I do believe they should hold themselves accountable as well as the club when thinking about their next career move.

Hibs want to get up to the premier league, as do the players but it is them who are ultimately responsible for us achieving promotion.

They may well love it at Hibs and I know FF's dad intimates to anyone who listens that his son certainly does but they also need to maintain a level of performance which will see us promoted come the end of May/June or whenever we might play our play-off game.

These players also have the chance to become club legends - we will learn alot about them in the next few weeks. Their success or lack of will determine where we shall be playing next season I only hope we are talking of these players in a positive light when the season ends.

Should we not be then if they want to move on, let them.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 11:40 AM
not too fussed with the goalie, but the other man is a player!

I was only meaning in regard to play off games, not next season.

Jonny1875
16-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Hes defininitely a good level SPL player, I reckon with his contract being up some clubs in England may offer him good money as there will be little or no fee.

allezsauzee
16-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Would love Dylan to stay. I'd like the Ox to stay too but wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him.

Thecat23
16-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I was only meaning in regard to play off games, not next season.

Ah right! Sorry I thought you meant through next year too 👍🏼

PPZPOL
16-04-2015, 01:17 PM

As for him playing in the cup final if we get there and its celtic we play. They can allow him to play if they want, it would be kind of pathetic for them to deny a player they appear happy to offload in the summer the chance to play in the cup final. Still ... in light of the Legia Warsaw fiasco I dare say the lesser greens will show their class again :greengrin

I thought it was very unprofessional of us to LET Booth play against us last season, didn't help we got beat but there's no chance Celtic will do same (if both clubs make it to final).

EdinMike
16-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Didn't Scott Allan sign a 2 year contract ?! So (Unless someone gives us money for him) he'll be here next season.

eastterrace
16-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Let's hope it's true. IMO he reminds me of how Jimmy Johnstone used to play for Celtic.

eh!

hibeemikey21
16-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Didn't Scott Allan sign a 2 year contract ?! So (Unless someone gives us money for him) he'll be here next season.

The fact this summer is our last chance to cash in on him means if he doesn't agree to an extension, he'll be off

monktonharp
16-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Let's hope it's true. IMO he reminds me of how Jimmy Johnstone used to play for Celtic.sorry mate, he couldnae lace wee Jinky's bits! on the other hand, I think of him more of a Pat Mc Ginley, grabbing the ball in midfield and driving it forward to where we want it.

monktonharp
16-04-2015, 10:35 PM
The fact this summer is our last chance to cash in on him means if he doesn't agree to an extension, he'll be offI'D rather have the player than the cash, to be honest. regardless which league we are in.:cb

hibeemikey21
16-04-2015, 10:45 PM
I'D rather have the player than the cash, to be honest. regardless which league we are in.:cb

As would I, but we both know what happens in these situations