PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v Hearts Fixture change - effect on us

Pages : [1] 2

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:17 AM
So the SPFL have today announced that Hearts v TheRangers will be on Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm - http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendment-90/

Surely all other Championship games need to be played at the same time? Surely this isn't the SPFL giving TheRangers an unfair advantage??:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
15-04-2015, 11:19 AM
So the SPFL have today announced that Rangers v Hearts will be on Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm - http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendment-90/

Surely all other Championship games need to be played at the same time? Surely this isn't the SPFL giving TheRangers an unfair advantage??:rolleyes:

If they move all the games to the Sunday, they are giving the championship clubs even less time to recover before 3rd play 4th

DH1875
15-04-2015, 11:20 AM
No way they can get away with that. Games HAVE to kick off at the same time IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:20 AM
If they move all the games to the Sunday, they are giving the championship clubs even less time to recover before 3rd play 4th

Very true, so the sensible thing would have been to have all games at lunchtime on the Saturday.

The_Sauz
15-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Sorry to say, but it has nothing to do with the SPFL! The TV company's control the fixtures and they will be trying to do the same as the SPFL, and that is getting The Rangers back into the SPL :agree:
The SPFL want them back because it generates more money for them through sponsorship deals and the TV company's it's to do with subscriptions and viewing figures.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 11:35 AM
If they are not played at the same time then it puts us at a serious disadvantage.

Newry Hibs
15-04-2015, 11:45 AM
They'll let it happen this time. Realise what a terrible mistake it was and promise not to do it again. (Unless The Rangers are in another one).

Thecat23
15-04-2015, 11:46 AM
After reading the other thread that we will now have to pay for play off games even though I'm a season ticket holder I now read this!!

Scottish football is one big ****ing joke, and they can ram it!!!

southfieldhibby
15-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Hibs HAVE to contest this.Either move all games or no games.Utterly despicable and transparent attempt to help The Rangers.

SeanWilson
15-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry to say, but it has nothing to do with the SPFL! The TV company's control the fixtures and they will be trying to do the same as the SPFL, and that is getting The Rangers back into the SPL :agree:
The SPFL want them back because it generates more money for them through sponsorship deals and the TV company's it's to do with subscriptions and viewing figures.

The TV may hold the monopoly, however you can bet your bottom $ if any of the top 4 EPL teams could win on the final day of the season, they would be playing at the same time!

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 11:50 AM
The TV may hold the monopoly, however you can bet your bottom $ if any of the top 4 EPL teams could win on the final day of the season, they would be playing at the same time!

All EPL games kick off at the same time on the last day anyway. Its only fair after all!

Hibs07p
15-04-2015, 11:50 AM
If it's for TV they can play it on the Friday night, although they should all be played at the same time.

GGTTH

Aldo
15-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Only in Scotland would this happen.

All other Leagues in England will show live games on the last day however all the games in that specific league will have the same KO time.

This is fair to prevent times maybe not trying so hard??

SeanWilson
15-04-2015, 11:56 AM
All EPL games kick off at the same time on the last day anyway. Its only fair after all!

:agree: Only up here would anyone even entertain this! Surely Hibs will challenge this!:confused:

southfieldhibby
15-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Folk really do need to put pressure on Hibs to challenge this, twitter/facebook/email, whatever. This is tantamount to cheating.

Real Emerald
15-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Folk really do need to put pressure on Hibs to challenge this, twitter/facebook/email, whatever. This is tantamount to cheating.

Every team in Scotland should challenge it. What if a 1 nil defeat was enough for them, or they knew they had to win by 2 goals or something. Scandalous

IanM
15-04-2015, 12:06 PM

@spflnews - that's where i've started (offical SPFL account)

Hearts fans are furious for their own reasons as well..

about time every club resigned from the SPL/SPFL

Big_Franck
15-04-2015, 12:07 PM
This is a disgrace and gives the huns an advantage as they'll go in to their last game knowing exactly what they need from the kick-off. But then, i'm sure that's the whole point of it.

Hibs definitely need to contest this. Total farce.

Mr White
15-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Hibs should speak to falkirk and see if they would agree to move our game, in the interest of sporting integrity, to the same time as the cheatfest in gorgie.

davhibby
15-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Can Hibs not just get Falkirk to agree to move the game to the Sunday and then that's the problem solved? Still a joke, and one that Hibs should be making a big point of

southsider
15-04-2015, 12:12 PM
"Sporting integrity" ? They could not spell it if it jumped up and bit them on their backside.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Final day fixtures should always kick off at the same time, but we all know there's one rule for the Old Firm and another for the rest. Disgusting, corrupt decision.

Aldo
15-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Final day fixtures should always kick off at the same time, but we all know there's one rule for the Old Firm and another for the rest. Disgusting, corrupt decision.

I have just emailed the club and asked for their take on this matter.

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2015, 12:25 PM

Well done, Aldo. It should be all games moved or none.

CB_NO3
15-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Only in this country would that happen. They have to be at the same time. All teams involved in promotion and relegation at the very least should KO at the same time.

Del Boy
15-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Just got a text from my mate about this, thought he was winding me up!

Only in scottish football. This could be a huge advantage to rangers! Promotion could be settled on fine margins, this could be it. Absolutely livid.

green&left
15-04-2015, 12:29 PM

Do let us know their response, if any. However i'd like to think the club will issue a statment about making a formal complaint on the matter.

Aldo
15-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Well done, Aldo. It should be all games moved or none.

Agreed. It should be. Like I say if this does go ahead and no other fixtures are moved then only in Scotland.

IanM
15-04-2015, 12:33 PM
the best thing the clubs can do is resign from these leagues and start again with some guidance from Barry Hearn (or the likes).

just when you think the authorities couldn't get any worse they pull this prank.

disgrace

Aldo
15-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Do let us know their response, if any. However i'd like to think the club will issue a statment about making a formal complaint on the matter.

Hopefully they will get back to me sooner rather than later. Will repost any response I get from them.

SMAXXA
15-04-2015, 12:35 PM
If they are not played at the same time then it puts us at a serious disadvantage.

Whats the disadvantage to us I'm missing something I think, thanks.

easty
They'll let it happen this time. Realise what a terrible mistake it was and promise not to do it again. (Unless The Rangers are in another one).

:agree:

CallumLaidlaw

I have just done this too.

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm surprised they're putting it on TV. I just expected them to play the game behind closed doors and phone in the result.

IrnBru22
15-04-2015, 12:39 PM

Depending on other results leading upto the game Rangers will know before they play if they only need a draw or need to win by 3 goals etc to finish 2nd

Frazerbob
15-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Surely this is where the fan board members should be doing their thing?

Hibbyradge
15-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised they're putting it on TV. I just expected them to play the game behind closed doors and phone in the result.

:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
15-04-2015, 12:45 PM

Don't put ideas in their heids, Geo :-D

Northern Hibby
15-04-2015, 01:04 PM
So the SPFL have today announced that Hearts v TheRangers will be on Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm - http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendment-90/

So this was just announced today, what can we do, this should not be allowed to happen, I'd like to see Hibs come out and say they protested vigorously against this!!!

:grr: but not in a ha ha way

Juice-Terry
15-04-2015, 01:09 PM
the best thing the clubs can do is resign from these leagues and start again with some guidance from Barry Hearn (or the likes).

just when you think the authorities couldn't get any worse they pull this prank.

disgrace

Amen!

SMAXXA
15-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Depending on other results leading upto the game Rangers will know before they play if they only need a draw or need to win by 3 goals etc to finish 2nd

Could it work in our advantage then I.e. Put them under pressure ach I duno

FranckSuzy
15-04-2015, 01:16 PM
There's a Working Together meeting tonight so I'll bring it up. Oh, and the proposed charge for the play-offs games :wink:

oconnors_strip
15-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Hearts had planned a party/parade that day according to my boyfriend. Will they do it after the match? Don't think police will be to happy

The Tubs
15-04-2015, 01:23 PM
It's W.Germany v Austria all over again.

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 01:26 PM
It's W.Germany v Austria all over again.

Yip, imagine that before the game, Hearts need 1pt to beat our 1999 points tally, and Rangers need 1pt to get 2nd place. I wonder what the score would end up :hmmm:

hibsboy07
15-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Ask Falkirk to change out game to the Sunday
With a 3pm k.o.
Bet the spfl don't agree to that though.

givescotlandfreedom
It'll be useful for the ref so he knows how much help he needs to give them.

Waxy
@spflnews - that's where i've started (offical SPFL account)

Hearts fans are furious for their own reasons as well..

about time every club resigned from the SPL/SPFLThe old firm have controlled us for too long. Time for divorce.

Amit
15-04-2015, 01:45 PM
There's a Working Together meeting tonight so I'll bring it up. Oh, and the proposed charge for the play-offs games :wink:

All noted already Suzy. See you tonight at Working Together.

steve75
15-04-2015, 01:53 PM
With a 3pm k.o.

lyonhibs
15-04-2015, 01:53 PM
If we assume that all professional footbll teams go out to win every game they play in, who gives a rats ass when the games kick off?

Or are we assuming the Hearts will be on holiday mode and just let Rangers walk all over them at Tynecastle on the last day of a title winning season?? I don't think so.

We need to focus on winning all of our games and I'm sure Rangers will be thinking likewise. I'd sooner it was them playing at Tynecastle on the last day, probably having to get at least a draw, than us given our record at that dump.

Geo_1875
15-04-2015, 02:01 PM
If we assume that all professional footbll teams go out to win every game they play in, who gives a rats ass when the games kick off?

Or are we assuming the Hearts will be on holiday mode and just let Rangers walk all over them at Tynecastle on the last day of a title winning season?? I don't think so.

We need to focus on winning all of our games and I'm sure Rangers will be thinking likewise. I'd sooner it was them playing at Tynecastle on the last day, probably having to get at least a draw, than us given our record at that dump.

But do they?

Bristolhibby
15-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Yams are pissed off as well.

People taking time off work for a Saturday game.
Flying up for a Saturday game.
Parties booked, tickets sold out.

A total farce TBH!

J

easty
15-04-2015, 02:25 PM
OK, so I sent off an email to the SPFL (below)

Thanks SPFL, glad to see that you're not being shy about your Glasgow bias. 2nd place up for grabs in the Championship, but it's fine, just give Rangers the advantage of playing the day after Hibs. That’s obviously fair. It's competitions like the World Cup and the Champions League and the EPL who are doing it wrong, why would you not give a team favourable treatment. Especially such a well-run team like Rangers, who have done nothing to embarrass Scottish football in the last few years. Brilliant.

Let's run through a couple of scenarios shall we?

Rangers go into the game knowing they can't be caught - rest all their players for the playoffs. No chance of players picking up injuries or suspensions.

Rangers know they only need a point - rather than going all out for the win, as they would have to do if the games were at the same time, Rangers play for a draw, rarely committing anyone forward. Nobody overexerts, nobody picks up silly bookings.

Thanks SPFL, again, its glad to see you're not shy about your Glasgow bias.

Thanks,

THANKS!

Andy

So, I just got a phone call, I asked the guys name, and he told me, and now I've forgot!!! Anyway, he assured me that the games would not be going ahead at different times. The plans havent been made yet though. So looks like the Hibs game will be moved as well.

FranckSuzy
15-04-2015, 02:25 PM
All noted already Suzy. See you tonight at Working Together.

Good man, Amit :aok:

Salt N Sauzee
15-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Means Rangers can approach and prepare the game knowing exactly what they need to do. I've never seen, in any league, fixtures for the last games of the season being altered. They're always played at the same time.

IanM
15-04-2015, 02:40 PM
OK, so I sent off an email to the SPFL (below)

So, I just got a phone call, I asked the guys name, and he told me, and now I've forgot!!! Anyway, he assured me that the games would not be going ahead at different times. The plans havent been made yet though. So looks like the Hibs game will be moved as well.

So the plans haven't been made yet he's assured us the kick offs are the same?? Sounds like backtracking bull****

CallumLaidlaw
15-04-2015, 02:42 PM
I have had a respinse from David Ogilvie at the SPFL -

Thanks for your email.

The situation regarding the final day of the Championship should be confirmed in the next couple of days.

Kind regards

David

Pete
15-04-2015, 02:49 PM
I have had a respinse from David Ogilvie at the SPFL -

WTF does that mean?

The games have to kick off at the same time...end of story.

JimBHibees
15-04-2015, 02:52 PM
With a 3pm k.o.

Great idea the whining would be incredible.

Bishop Hibee
15-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Our so called administrators and I include Petrie in this couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The broadcasters pay a pittance and then expect us to bend over. Meanwhile the fans are expected to pay inflated prices for a product inferior to what it was 15 years ago. A bad joke.

HibbyDave
15-04-2015, 03:15 PM
[B]Kick-off Times
G9 The time of kick-off for all League Matches and Play-Off Matches shall be determined from time to time by the Board (having regard to UEFA and FIFA TV Regulations in the case of a live transmission and in consultation with all necessary parties including, if appropriate, the Scottish FA and the relevant police force representatives).
G10 Both teams shall enter the field of play together in Official Matches along with the Match Officials no later than five minutes prior to the scheduled kick-off time.
G11 All kick-offs must adhere to the time fixed by the Board. Clubs and Referees must report any delays to the Board. Any Club causing a kick-off to be delayed by 15 minutes or more from the time advertised without sufficient reason (as determined by the Board in its absolute discretion) will be liable to a fine of up to a maximum of £5,000 for a first offence and for a second or subsequent offence occurring within two years of the first offence shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section G of these Rules.
Half-time Interval
G12 In all Official Matches the half-time interval shall be fifteen minutes.
Duration of Matches
G13 All Official Matches shall be of 90 minutes' duration, with two equal halves of 45 minutes, but any Official Match which, from any cause whatever, falls short of 90 minutes' duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture or to be replayed in full as the Board may in its absolute discretion determine.
Teams for League Matches and Play-Off Matches
[B]G14 Each Club shall play its full strength team in all League Matches and Play-Off Matches.
Laws of the Game
Hmmm

Northern Hibby
15-04-2015, 03:35 PM

not looking good!!!!

kaimendhibs
15-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Just when you thought they were at the pinnacle of corruption there's this! Absolute travesty if allowed

lyonhibs
15-04-2015, 03:44 PM

not looking good!!!!

We're surely not taking what appears on the BBC Sport website as gospel now are we ?

They're more incompetent than Neil Doncaster FFS

Pete
15-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Just when you thought they were at the pinnacle of corruption there's this! Absolute travesty if allowed

Fixture changes to suit rangers...bad press about their main rival in the build up to the play offs...this is probably just the start as so many people are desperate for this new club to get promoted.

For all his faults, Vladimir Romanov was 100% right when he talked about our game. The way the press, the authorities, Rangers and Celtic are all linked would be laughable if it wasn't disgustingly corrupt.

MWHIBBIES
15-04-2015, 04:02 PM
This would just make it even better if we are promoted over that ****.

Northern Hibby
15-04-2015, 04:04 PM
We're surely not taking what appears on the BBC Sport website as gospel now are we ?

They're more incompetent than Neil Doncaster FFS

I know what your saying, but it's been recently changed!!!!!

MurrayfieldHibs
15-04-2015, 04:23 PM
You just have to look at what happened a couple of weeks ago in the 6 nations (rugby union for those that don't know :na na:) where Engerland were allowed to play France at home after all the other remaining fixtures had been played. Wales shocked everyone by romping to a 20-61 victory away in Italy (late Italian try) so Wales were in pole position to win the 6 nations; Ireland thumped Scotland at Murrayfield 10-40 to go ahead of Scotland (Scotland had a try "just" disallowed as the ball was dropped in the process of grounding); Engerland then knew exactly how many points they needed to win the 6 nations.

There followed an astonishing game which commentators said was "a chaotic, thrilling match" where engerland ran up thier highest ever score against the French winning 55-35. Engerland KNEW what they had to do and changed tactics accordingly. They had a huge ADVANTAGE. It was great TV but it wasn't fair.:furious:

PS in case you didn't know - Engerland didn't score enough and Ireland had a HUGE party :LOL:. Perhaps a sign of things to come.......?

IanM
15-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Good reply from Ld

chrisski33
15-04-2015, 05:02 PM

Im kinda thinking that myself!

Gordy M
15-04-2015, 05:20 PM
One question...will mccall play the same team and formation if the rangers need a 3-0 win or a 1-1 draw, if your answer is yes then ur right it isnt an advantage, however if the answer is no...which i suspect it might be....then yes its a huge advantage!!!

Bristolhibby
15-04-2015, 05:22 PM

Here's one scenario off the top of my head.

Hibs lose to Falkirk on Saturday.
Rangers know they have secured second, they rest all their players so not to pick up injury or suspension, and Hearts win.

Now if we go into the games at the same time, both Hibs and Rangers need to win, both teams go hell for leather. Hibs lose and Rangers win. But Rangers have a red card and an important player injured.

Scenario one we eventually play a fully fit and refreshed Rangers, the fair scenario two, we play a broken Rangers with injuries and suspensions.

Ye get me?
J

Billy Whizz
15-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Juts heard LD on Clyde Sportsound phone in. Said they hadn't been consulted about this, and the integrity of the competition was under threat. In all likelyhood she said, that our fixture reluctantly could be moved to the sunday

The_Sauz
15-04-2015, 05:51 PM

Did you not go to the Hibs Rangers game a few years back, when Rangers needed a win to lift the SPL title and Hibs could afford to get be by less than 4 goals to qualify for Europe! After Rangers scored the one and only goal, both teams decided to keep the ball in their own half whithout any pressure from the other team :agree:

MurrayfieldHibs
15-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Some very strong comments from Tom English on sportounds tonight :thumbsup:. Totally advantageous to SevcoNewHuns, no other reason the league would do it!!

leggeto
15-04-2015, 06:08 PM
All games should be on the Sunday then

Ozyhibby
15-04-2015, 06:27 PM
All games should be on the Sunday then

So every team in the league has to lose money by playing on a Sunday lunchtime?

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Juts heard LD on Clyde Sportsound phone in. Said they hadn't been consulted about this, and the integrity of the competition was under threat. In all likelyhood she said, that our fixture reluctantly could be moved to the sunday

We should move it to after the Rangers game, 3pm kick off. That would shove it right up them.

If we think this is bad just wait until the referees brief comes out to give them everything in the play offs.

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 06:28 PM

How would Hibs lose money by playing an away fixture on a Sunday lunchtime?

Paisley Hibby
15-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Some very strong comments from Tom English on sportounds tonight :thumbsup:. Totally advantageous to SevcoNewHuns, no other reason the league would do it!!

There's another way of looking at this. Hearts will know exactly how much they need to pump Sevco by to keep them in 3rd place. They are probably the only team in Scotland that would rather have us than The Rangers in the SPL next season :wink:

Aldo
15-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Won't happen IMHO. Either all or none will KO at the time arranged for Der hun v diet hun game.

Robinho08
15-04-2015, 06:45 PM
This is a good read and hits the nail on the head.

http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/dreaming-of-a-level-playing-field/

emerald green
15-04-2015, 06:57 PM

:top marksThis absolutely nails it. Especially the bit that says "no wonder a lot of fans are thinking of staying away" (from football in general in this country because of this sort of stuff).

Level playing field - please don't make me laugh.

Fenriz
15-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Good read, this is a disgraceful turn of events. Good statements from both Budge and LD this evening. Looking forward to getting a hold of the Sportsound podcast tomorrow. Is there any chance in the slightest that the widespread outcry might actually have an effect this time? Or am I just being completely naive?

Stantons Angel
15-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Good read, this is a disgraceful turn of events. Good statements from both Budge and LD this evening. Looking forward to getting a hold of the Sportsound podcast tomorrow. Is there any chance in the slightest that the widespread outcry might actually have an effect this time? Or am I just being completely naive?

this is Ann Budge's statement on the proposed change, she has came out fighting, bless her!

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4295?hc_location=ufi

emerald green
15-04-2015, 07:09 PM
this is Ann Budge's statement on the proposed change, she has came out fighting, bless her!

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4295?hc_location=ufi

Well said Ms Budge. Credit where it's due.

Swedish hibee
15-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Can't believe this could be allowed to happen :confused:

mca
15-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Corruption to the Core.. :agree:

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 07:57 PM
I saw this earlier but only getting a chance now to comment on it.

It's absolutely disgraceful that this has been allowed and I'm glad Hibs have made their feelings known but it will likely mean nothing.

The whole things stinks.

SunshineOnLeith
15-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Hearts and their fans are seriously annoyed about this. They (understandably) were looking forward to a big party on the Saturday, the game is long since sold out.

This could all blow up in Rangers' faces if what could easily have been anothew damp squib, end of season performance from Hearts turns out instead to be a very hostile occasion for them. Can't see Hearts fans tolerating anything less than maximum intensity from their team in this one now.

Bristolhibby
15-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Hearts and their fans are seriously annoyed about this. They (understandably) were looking forward to a big party on the Saturday, the game is long since sold out.

This could all blow up in Rangers' faces if what could easily have been anothew damp squib, end of season performance from Hearts turns out instead to be a very hostile occasion for them. Can't see Hearts fans tolerating anything less than maximum intensity from their team in this one now.

That was my thought re Hearts. They will want to pump them, as we know all too well there's nothing worse than parading a trophy after getting beaten.

J

leggeto
15-04-2015, 08:45 PM

Don't think money is in their interest, sky won't back down so could be the only option

GreenArmyyy!
15-04-2015, 08:45 PM
SPFL have just released a statement saying that it is unreasonable to ask them to move all championship games to the Sunday and that Hibs have not requested the game to be moved. Also said if any clubs want to move their fixture then they are too get in touch with SPFL. We are run by the Mafia.

shetlandhibee
15-04-2015, 08:46 PM
statment on radios u f ;'';..g disgrace?

Borderhibbie76
15-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Even Sevcosound is struggling to defend this...

greenlad
15-04-2015, 08:52 PM
A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "On this weekend, the Hearts v Rangers match is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on television and it is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise.

"This is a key game in the Championship season and will inevitably attract huge interest from fans around the world.

"It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie.

"However, as a result of this fixture, all Championship clubs have been invited to submit a request should they wish to move games to the Sunday.

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club, which has asked for its match to remain scheduled for the Saturday.

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing.

"Whilst we regret any inconvenience to supporters caused by rescheduled fixtures, the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual."

Bobby's Cinema
15-04-2015, 08:53 PM

Great point :agree:

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2015, 08:55 PM
A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "On this weekend, the Hearts v Rangers match is scheduled for Sunday 3 May to be broadcast on television and it is not clear to us why this has caused so much surprise.

"This is a key game in the Championship season and will inevitably attract huge interest from fans around the world.

"It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie.

"However, as a result of this fixture, all Championship clubs have been invited to submit a request should they wish to move games to the Sunday.

"To date, the only feedback we have received is from one Championship club, which has asked for its match to remain scheduled for the Saturday.

"For the avoidance of doubt, we have had no request from Hibernian FC to move its fixture to the Sunday at the time of writing.

"Whilst we regret any inconvenience to supporters caused by rescheduled fixtures, the circumstances surrounding the matches on the weekend of 2/3 May are in no way unusual."

Yes they are.

When was the last time Sky covered a game on the last day of the 2nd division season?

basehibby
15-04-2015, 08:55 PM
So this was just announced today, what can we do, this should not be allowed to happen, I'd like to see Hibs come out and say they protested vigorously against this!!!

:grr: but not in a ha ha way

:agree: - what can be done? I would have thought there would be a case for sueing the SPFL/Tv company/Rangers as there is more than a strong hint of corruption going on here - maybe even criminal charges - conspiracy to defraud the public?!?

Scorrie
15-04-2015, 08:57 PM

That statement is breathtaking in its arrogance. If Doncaster agreed this statement then he should be punted immediately.

hibbytam
15-04-2015, 08:58 PM

I'm now convinced that they are taking the piss.

basehibby
15-04-2015, 08:58 PM

Don't talk nonsense - it potentially gives The Rangers a massive advantage in that they could know exactly what they need to do to get 2nd place.

Scorrie
15-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm now convinced that they are taking the piss.

And we wonder why Scottish football struggles to get sponsorship. Shambles.

scoopyboy
15-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Don't talk nonsense - it potentially gives The Rangers a massive advantage in that they could know exactly what they need to do to get 2nd place.

It would be funny if they needed four points to get second place after a Hibs win at Falkirk the previous day.

Then the SPFL would have a completely meaningless match for Sky to beam worldwide.

Swedish hibee
15-04-2015, 09:08 PM
That statement is utter horrendous. SHOCKING. :fuming::timebomb::furious:

wills
15-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Is there not a clause in broadcasting games that they can't be shown while other games take place in the same league at the same time. I believe it something to do with income to other teams affected by broadcasted games

Del Boy
15-04-2015, 09:12 PM
No wonder so many fans have just chucked it. Scottish football is just a farce. If you're no celtic or Rangers then you're wasting your time.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2015, 09:15 PM
As Scoops says, lets play our game on the Sunday at 5pm. There's no problem there that i can see is there?

greenlad
15-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Is there not a clause in broadcasting games that they can't be shown while other games take place in the same league St the same time. I believe it something to do with income to other teams affected by broadcasted games

In the agreed blackout period only, ie Saturday 3pm-5pm. Its been pretty common for two of the Top Six Premiership games on the final day to be screened at the same time as the third untelevised game.

lyonhibs
15-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Let's just look after ourselves and win all of our remaining games, and then Rangers will need to turn in a performance at Tynecastle. If we do our part, after tonight's draw, they'll go into the Sunday game needing a win.

My point was if Hibs are professional for the rest of the season then Rangers will need a win, regardless of when games kick off.

I think behind the outrage on this change is a fear that we won't win all of our remaining league games. That's not something the management, players or fans should be entertaining IMO.

Colr
15-04-2015, 09:18 PM
As Scoops says, lets play our game on the Sunday at 5pm. There's no problem there that i can see is there?

Good idea. Call their bluff.

wills
15-04-2015, 09:19 PM
In the agreed blackout period only, ie Saturday 3pm-5pm. Its been pretty common for two of the Top Six Premiership games on the final day to be screened at the same time as the third untelevised game.

Cheers didn't know it was between 3-5

hibbytam
15-04-2015, 09:19 PM
And we wonder why Scottish football struggles to get sponsorship. Shambles.

And we wonder why stands are empty.

poolman
15-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Why Am I not surprised by this

Corrupt

Lee Marvin
15-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Amazing idea. Would love LD to pitch this idea to falkirk

Real Emerald
15-04-2015, 09:22 PM

Brilliant!

Hibeesforever
15-04-2015, 09:23 PM
The fact that Hibernian have been singled out in the statement is appalling and looks like almost a challenge to the club to see what reaction it will provoke. Leanne Dempster and Ann Budge need to coordinate their replies again. Also, a good suggestion to move to 5pm Sunday, time Edinburgh stood up to clear Glasgow bias.

nonshinyfinish
15-04-2015, 09:23 PM

That is f***ing astonishing.

Are they genuinely claiming, as professional football administrators, that they have no idea why the World Cup, the European Championship and every credible domestic league in the world plays the last round of league games simultaneously?

Speechless.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 09:24 PM
We should move it to after the Rangers game, 3pm kick off. That would shove it right up them.

If we think this is bad just wait until the referees brief comes out to give them everything in the play offs.

:hilarious great shout!

Presumably Falkirk need to agree or even request a move to the Sunday with them being the home team?

nonshinyfinish
15-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Let's just look after ourselves and win all of our remaining games, and then Rangers will need to turn in a performance at Tynecastle. If we do our part, after tonight's draw, they'll go into the Sunday game needing a win.

My point was if Hibs are professional for the rest of the season then Rangers will need a win, regardless of when games kick off.

I think behind the outrage on this change is a fear that we won't win all of our remaining league games. That's not something the management, players or fans should be entertaining IMO.

Of course we need to take care of business and win our games. That doesn't change the fact that this hands Sevco an advantage, one that would be unthinkable in any major league in the world.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 09:27 PM
All this is engineered to give the Huns the best chance of promotion. Spfl are an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. I have no doubt in my mind that they never even considered the fans or positions of clubs (except Rangers) before this move for tv. All they seen was the £££ signs for broadcasting rights.

If this is allowed to go ahead, we should refuse to play our match on the Saturday and say we will decide when we play as that's exactly what the spfl and sky do to us. It's no wonder fans are walking away from the game.

Doncaster and co only have to trawl the message boards of the respective clubs to find out exactly what the fans think of them both personally and their corrupt, bias organisation.

The SPFL can get ****, along with Doncaster and his bunch of suit pals that think his arse smell of roses. Petrie included. I would consider strike action if such action is possible.

I am more than raging about this!!!!!!!!!!!

HibsMax
15-04-2015, 09:37 PM
This is ridiculous. Surely if all the teams complain they can make a difference?

Togs91
15-04-2015, 09:38 PM
I cant stop laughing at this, it really is a joke!

I wonder if the fans stand up at the final games of the seasons with 'Doncaster Out' signs or any other speaking against the SPFL, especially on their telly games, how many will be removed from the grounds!!

The dictatorship must end!

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 09:38 PM
This is ridiculous. Surely if all the teams complain they can make a difference?

The other teams won't care - they'll want a Saturday at 3pm kick off. Likely Falkirk will as well...

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 09:44 PM
The other teams won't care - they'll want a Saturday at 3pm kick off. Likely Falkirk will as well...

Better ask them to change the now before we play them on Saturday incase we beat them and they take a moody. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Better ask them to change the now before we play them on Saturday incase we beat them and they take a moody. :greengrin

The only way they'll care is if they're still in the mix for top 4 an playing later than Qots would give them an advantage.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 09:49 PM
The only way they'll care is if they're still in the mix for top 4 an playing later than Qots would give them an advantage.

They will have nothing to play for so it shouldn't really matter what day they play.

MyJo
15-04-2015, 10:02 PM
They will have nothing to play for so it shouldn't really matter what day they play.

They could potentially be playing for the last spot in the play-offs against QotS depending on how results go

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 10:07 PM
They could potentially be playing for the last spot in the play-offs against QotS depending on how results go

They could be but I doubt it.

Queen of the South's remaining fixtures are;

Alloa (a)
Dumbarton (h)
Livingston (a)

Falkirk's remaining fixtures are;

Sevco (a)
Hibs (h)

Queen of the South are four points clear and Falkirk only have two games left.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Taking the piss with that bit in bold, nobody out with Scotland could give a flying toss about a game in in the second league never mind huge interest from around the world.

What a f***ing joke, can't wait for Leeann to respond to this statement from the SFA and I'm sure Queen B will have something to say about it as well.

This is the kind of things that happen in Turkey and China, how embarrassing this will turn out to be for the SFA. and Sky are not coming out of this smelling of roses either, it's obvious who they want promoted so they can beam the Glasgow bigot fest around the world from the top league in Scotland.

Corrupt as f***.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:34 PM
:agree: - what can be done? I would have thought there would be a case for sueing the SPFL/Tv company/Rangers as there is more than a strong hint of corruption going on here - maybe even criminal charges - conspiracy to defraud the public?!?

Can Fifa get involved in this. :dunno:

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:37 PM

Scottish Glasgow Police won't allow it.

JJP
15-04-2015, 10:41 PM
This is the kind of stuff which just makes you want to give up on football. The greed and corruption is completely ruining the game.

HibbyAl
15-04-2015, 10:42 PM
http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/no-final-day-switch-discussions-between-hibs-and-falkirk-1-3745387

It is also understood Falkirk would be “fiercely against” a date change. The Bairns have secured match sponsorship from Citrus Office Solutions and sold several hospitality packages for one of the most popular days of the season in the lounges.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:42 PM
The fact that Hibernian have been singled out in the statement is appalling and looks like almost a challenge to the club to see what reaction it will provoke. Leanne Dempster and Ann Budge need to coordinate their replies again. Also, a good suggestion to move to 5pm Sunday, time Edinburgh stood up to clear Glasgow bias.

Hibs and them are likely to be charged by the Compliance officer with bringing the game in to disrepute and dock each team 6 points.

And i ain't kidding either.

We are up against it here, we have to be strong and let the world no how corrupt Scottish football is in the SFA.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Wonder if they are the team that are happy to play there game on the Saturday.

Maybe King has a few brown envelopes ready to deliver.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 10:55 PM
http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/no-final-day-switch-discussions-between-hibs-and-falkirk-1-3745387

It is also understood Falkirk would be “fiercely against” a date change. The Bairns have secured match sponsorship from Citrus Office Solutions and sold several hospitality packages for one of the most popular days of the season in the lounges.

Kings bought them off.

greenginger
15-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Even the lesser greens see the stupidity in the fixtures as proposed.

Smartie
15-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Personally I thought the authorities got it right in the end as regards what they had to do in the fall out of the previous Rangers/ Sevco/ shenanigans.

Had they been allowed to stay in the top league or had they been parachuted into the first division I had threatened to walk away from Scottish football for good because its credibility would be similar to that of WWF wrestling.

If this decision is allowed to stand then I genuinely would consider walking away for good again. This hands them a disgraceful advantage. And it's not just that it is us and them - if our game was put back 24 hours I would be equally unhappy. ALL final games are played at the same time when the competition has any credibility whatsoever.

If The Rangers get promoted this season under the conditions that were outlined at the start of the season then you'd have to grudgingly accept it and move on.

If the goalposts are going to be moved in this unbelievable way at this ridiculously late stage then the game's a bogey, we might as well pack up and go home and the results are immaterial.

I can't put into words how angry I am about this.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Would it be unreasonable to move every game if it was Celtic and Rangers involved? Would it ****.

The SPFL should just announce league restructuring now and promote Rangers. It's what they want, it's what they are trying to engineer and,whilst the fans would kick up a fuss, too many clubs would just accept it so they can continue to fight over the crumbs from the table.

The game in this country is utterly rotten to the core.

DavieRoy
15-04-2015, 11:11 PM
I recall in 2013 when Sky picked Rangers v Berwick Rangers on the final day to show Rangers lifting the trophy, the old SFL moved all the games to Saturday 12.30pm to fit in with the TV kick off time.

For whatever people make of TV taking the game and it being late notice, it is up to the League to make sure all the other games start at the same time.

As I have said many a time, people can slag of TV, but that is an easy target. There is a bigger debate to have on selling the game better. The SFA have a great TV deal in financial terms, okay, kick off times might not be as good. The SPFL need to have a look at themselves. They have diluted the rights that impacts on clubs and right holders who do put money in.

Scott Allan Key
15-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Can we go outside SPFL to complain? Does UEFA or FIFA (I know) stipulate rules about integrity of competitions including its member nations? It reeks of corruption and if Rangers are in chance of promotion after our final game, if it does not move, is legal action against SPFL or Sky viable for Hibs?

Sir David Gray
15-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Can we go outside SPFL to complain? Does UEFA or FIFA (I know) stipulate rules about integrity of competitions including its member nations? It reeks of corruption and if Rangers are in chance of promotion after our final game, if it does not move, is legal action against SPFL or Sky viable for Hibs?

I would highly doubt that option would be at all viable.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2015, 11:19 PM
So is our game likely to get moved or not?

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Is it to late to organise some kind of protest for outside the main entrance at Hampden before the game starts on Saturday.

Even getting some banners inside the ground for during the game with a message to the corrupt SFA, and hopefully picked up by the press/media outside Scotland.

Scott Allan Key
15-04-2015, 11:22 PM
I would highly doubt that option would be at all viable.

It is likely covered in the small print, yes, in a contract signed by the imbeciles running our game. What staggers me is the refusal to do the right thing and simply shift all games to same time. It is outrageous. Let's win all our games anyway and put pressure on and hope Sevco continue to drop points anyway. It'd be a travesty if they were to finish second in these circumstances.

DavieRoy
15-04-2015, 11:32 PM

Sky are allowed to take this game on TV, it is within their quota of games, it is a late shout etc but it is up to the league to move all the other fixtures not Sky. As I said before, the old SFL moved all the other a Third Division games when Sky picked a Rangers v Berwick Rangers on the final day.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Sky are allowed to take this game on TV, it is within their quota of games, it is a late shout etc but it is up to the league to move all the other fixtures not Sky. As I said before, the old SFL moved all the other a Third Division games when Sky picked a Rangers v Berwick Rangers on the final day.

I suppose it's the last minute nature of the selection that's causing the league problems.

If sky were more organised it might've gave the league time to sort it. The way they've clicked their fingers and told everyone to jump is what's causing it.

silverhibee
15-04-2015, 11:39 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-mccarthy-time-stopped-disgraceful-5521818

DavieRoy
15-04-2015, 11:39 PM
I suppose it's the last minute nature of the selection that's causing the league problems.

If sky were more organised it might've gave the league time to sort it. The way they've clicked their fingers and old everyone to jump is what's causing it.

As it said, the SFL were okay about it in 2013, all the games got moved.

Surely a proactive league body knows that their rights holders want a trophy lift title party. Surely they can make provisions for this. The past two years, Rangers trophy lifts have been on TV. Surely when they decided Hearts v Rangers would be the last game when the fixtures were decided in June 2014, that this would be a game that would be on TV.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 11:44 PM

Surely a proactive league body knows that their rights holders want a trophy lift title party. Surely they can make provisions for this. The past two years, Rangers trophy lifts have been on TV. Surely when they decided Hearts v Rangers would be the last game when the fixtures were decided in June 2014, that this would be a game that would be on TV.

Wonder why sky waited so late to select it though? They knew in June as well and hearts won the league ages ago and yet they hold on until clubs sell all their corporate tickets and are unwilling to change.

They're normally quite on the ball with their fixture selection.

DavieRoy
15-04-2015, 11:50 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-mccarthy-time-stopped-disgraceful-5521818

It is a very simplified view, just get rid of TV. Not like the written press to have a vested interest too!

79 games are broadcast over the four leagues not including the playoffs, too many? Less is more? Sell fewer games at a premium?

Why do the SPFL dilute the rights of those that pay money. Plenty websites have goal links, radio stations have commentary etc. no wonder Sky, BT and BBC don't want to pay more when others pick rights up for little cash.

Why have the SFA got a great TV deal with Sky and BBC worth a lot of money, why have the SFA got commercial sponsors but the SPFL have no sponsor and a TV deal that is not that good?

Go back to 1998-2002, plenty coverage over 3 TV channels, set TV kick off times for good money but the SPL knocked the same deal back in 2002 and again in 2008 when Sky were offering big money but club chairman thought better of it and then had to go cap in hand a year later.

Maybe the big bad TV companies are notl the baddies, maybe the league and chairman need to have a word with themselves and stop using TV as an excuse.

We are lucky to have two massive TV companies interested in our game when they could have walked away. Now it is down to the league to give both fans and TV companies a better deal with the least disruption.

DavieRoy
15-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Wonder why sky waited so late to select it though? They knew in June as well and hearts won the league ages ago and yet they hold on until clubs sell all their corporate tickets and are unwilling to change.

They're normally quite on the ball with their fixture selection.

Either they did and the league laboured and did not act or they maybe need to wait and see what Premiership game they wanted and when before factoring in the Hearts v Rangers game.

Difficult one when you have the split to keep everyone happy.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 11:55 PM
It is a very simplified view, just get rid of TV. Not like the written press to have a vested interest too!

79 games are broadcast over the four leagues not including the playoffs, too many? Less is more? Sell fewer games at a premium?

Why do the SPFL dilute the rights of those that pay money. Plenty websites have goal links, radio stations have commentary etc. no wonder Sky, BT and BBC don't want to pay more when others pick rights up for little cash.

Why have the SFA got a great TV deal with Sky and BBC worth a lot of money, why have the SFA got commercial sponsors but the SPFL have no sponsor and a TV deal that is not that good?

Go back to 1998-2002, plenty coverage over 3 TV channels, set TV kick off times for good money but the SPL knocked the same deal back in 2002 and again in 2008 when Sky were offering big money but club chairman thought better of it and then had to go cap in hand a year later.

Maybe the big bad TV companies are notl the baddies, maybe the league and chairman need to have a word with themselves and stop using TV as an excuse.

We are lucky to have two massive TV companies interested in our game when they could have walked away. Now it is down to the league to give both fans and TV companies a better deal with the least disruption.

We just need to accept that the tv companies don't want fans in the stadium, they'd prefer they were buying a sky subscription and sitting in the house watching it.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Either they did and the league laboured and did not act or they maybe need to wait and see what Premiership game they wanted and when before factoring in the Hearts v Rangers game.

Difficult one when you have the split to keep everyone happy.

Every other league in the world that sky cover have all the final fixtures at the same time - they should show both the rangers and Hibs games or none at all.

DavieRoy
16-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Every other league in the world that sky cover have all the final fixtures at the same time - they should show both the rangers and Hibs games or none at all.

Correct, hence the league need to move the other games. They either move them all or don't allow the TV to show the Hearts game but Sky have the right to take that game.

Did you watch the Dundee Derby? Great game and atmosphere which made the game better for the atV. As I said, more to it than the TV. Pricing, marketing, match day experience are all factors too. I love Hibernian being on TV, we get to show off our club to the world.

Again, not as simple as getting rid of TV hence having bigger crowds, you could actually have both and prosper together.

Kaff
16-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Correct, hence the league need to move the other games. They either move them all or don't allow the TV to show the Hearts game but Sky have the right to take that game.

Did you watch the Dundee Derby? Great game and atmosphere which made the game better for the atV. As I said, more to it than the TV. Pricing, marketing, match day experience are all factors too. I love Hibernian being on TV, we get to show off our club to the world.

Again, not as simple as getting rid of TV hence having bigger crowds, you could actually have both and prosper together.

Sound like you might work on tv Luke...? Haha

Good points you make and of course the 'sporting integrity' has to come from the league organisers, although Hearts do have legitimate complaints about lack of notice.
I haven't looked but can they not do a 12 noon Saturday ko due to EPL commitments? Would suit the play off schedule midweek I would have thought

JimBHibees
16-04-2015, 06:13 AM

Why can't the game be moved lunchtime on the Saturday?

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2015, 06:24 AM

That's a good example you used. How about the most recent examples; Celtic up at ICT at 12 on a Saturday morning or Ross County down at Paisley at 745 on a Monday night?

Both of them say to the fans don't bother setting the alarm or taking a half day to travel just watch it on the telly.

Colr
16-04-2015, 06:47 AM

I recall from the Sevco implosion that its against UEFA/FIFA rules to take you association to court. Unless its Sevco, of course, who got away with it.

weecounty hibby
16-04-2015, 06:52 AM
I think we need to get fans of other clubs involved in this. Get them emailing the authorities making them know that NO ONE is happy at their blatent rangers bias. I work beside Raith fan and he is desperate for His to go up. Totally hates der hun and everything that goes with them including the institutional bias toward them. I will be emailing spfl today. ****ing cheating ****s.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 07:00 AM
As it said, the SFL were okay about it in 2013, all the games got moved. Surely a proactive league body knows that their rights holders want a trophy lift title party. Surely they can make provisions for this. The past two years, Rangers trophy lifts have been on TV. Surely when they decided Hearts v Rangers would be the last game when the fixtures were decided in June 2014, that this would be a game that would be on TV.

Yeah they were ok about it because it was them that moved the games. If we had applied and asked to play the game on the Sunday we would of been told to bolt. Shocking decision by an absolutely disgusting and disgracefully corrupt organisation who have only Der Hun in mind for this.

FWIW this just shows you the need to get rid of the likes of Doncaster and Reagan. The SPFL have shown their true red white and blue colours and trying to blame Hibernian FC (from their statement) is poor and very petty.

swazzie
16-04-2015, 07:38 AM
There are a lot of good points in this thread surrounding the merits or otherwise of TV's ability to reschedule football matches, however this isn't Hibs main problem in this instance - it's the fact that the SPFL are refusing to insist that all games are played at the same time to ensure no club has an advantage over another in the final league game of the season

Hearts can, quite rightly, complain about the late rescheduling, and good luck to them with that, but this shouldn't be Hibs' focus here

From their, in my view ludicrously arrogant, statement last night, the SPFL should be asked by our club:-

- why do they deem it reasonable to ask Hearts and Rangers to move their tie, but not any other club in the league?

- why on earth are they putting the onus on the clubs to ask for a rescheduling of fixtures to ensure no club has an advantage. Should it not be at the very core of an administrative body to take the lead on this and protect the sporting integrity of their competition? They have the powers to do this in terms of clause G3 of their own Rules

- if they have already authorised the rescheduling of the Hearts v Rangers game to a time that is different from the rest of the league's fixtures that week then, by their own actions, can they really refuse a request from Hibs to play their game at a further different time, say 3pm on Sunday? This is not what Hibs want, they just want to ensure a level playing field but, on what grounds can they refuse a club's request to move a fixture?

In fact, stuff it, I'm going to ask the SPFL myself. I was raging last night when I saw that statement from them which must either be fuelled by incompetence or corruption, and probably a mixture of both

PeeJay
16-04-2015, 07:47 AM
There are a lot of good points in this thread surrounding the merits or otherwise of TV's ability to reschedule football matches, however this isn't Hibs main problem in this instance - it's the fact that the SPFL are refusing to insist that all games are played at the same time to ensure no club has an advantage over another in the final league game of the season

Hearts can, quite rightly, complain about the late rescheduling, and good luck to them with that, but this shouldn't be Hibs' focus here

From their, in my view ludicrously arrogant, statement last night, the SPFL should be asked by our club:-

- why do they deem it reasonable to ask Hearts and Rangers to move their tie, but not any other club in the league?

- why on earth are they putting the onus on the clubs to ask for a rescheduling of fixtures to ensure no club has an advantage. Should it not be at the very core of an administrative body to take the lead on this and protect the sporting integrity of their competition? They have the powers to do this in terms of clause G3 of their own Rules

- if they have already authorised the rescheduling of the Hearts v Rangers game to a time that is different from the rest of the league's fixtures that week then, by their own actions, can they really refuse a request from Hibs to play their game at a further different time, say 3pm on Sunday? This is not what Hibs want, they just want to ensure a level playing field but, on what grounds can they refuse a club's request to move a fixture?

In fact, stuff it, I'm going to ask the SPFL myself. I was raging last night when I saw that statement from them which must either be fuelled by incompetence or corruption, and probably a mixture of both

Good post - it's all very well placing the decision in the hands of the clubs, but what if Falkirk say they are happy to play on Saturday, what do Hibs do then?

oneone73
16-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Good post - it's all very well placing the decision in the hands of the clubs, but what if Falkirk say they are happy to play on Saturday, what do Hibs do then?

They probably will. They've sold their hospitality.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 07:55 AM

I emailed the SPFL yesterday and got this reply for David Ogilvie -

Hi Callum

Thanks for your email.

The situation regarding the final day of the Championship should be confirmed in the next couple of days.

Kind regards

David

I have today sent the following reply -

Thanks for the reply David. I have to say, I read the comment from the SPFL spokesman last night, and I have to say, it's extremely dissapointing. that the SPFL seem to be unaware of the impact this has on fans. Around Europe, on the last day of the season, matches are played at the same time, on the same day to avoid any unfair advantages. It also adds in to the excitement of a fan - I myself was in the Hibs end against Rangers around 10 years ago for one of the "Helicopter Sundays", and it really was an amazing thing to be involved in.

The announcement of this fixture being moved, and the following statement saying that the SPFL don't really understand why it has caused a fuss, shows a real lack of connection with the Scottish football fans. Already, Leeann Dempster, Ann Budge & Stuart McCall have spoken about their surprise at the different timings of games. There should be no need for teams to "request" for their games to be moved. I was fully expecting the Hearts V Rangers game to be moved for TV, so fully expected my teams game to also be moved to accomodate that.

There has obviously been various conspiracy theories that the SPFL are trying to help Rangers get 2nd place, so surely to avoid any of that, the easiest thing would be to have all games at the same time. Just as it is in the Premiership in Scotland AND England.

I look forward to your response.

swazzie
16-04-2015, 07:57 AM
I emailed the SPFL yesterday and got this reply for David Ogilvie -

I have today sent the following reply -

Nice one Callum - can I ask what e-mail address you used and I'll fire one off too?

Cheers

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Nice one Callum - can I ask what e-mail address you used and I'll fire one off too?

Cheers

davidogilvie@spfl.co.uk

swazzie
16-04-2015, 07:59 AM
davidogilvie@spfl.co.uk

cheers

Zorro
16-04-2015, 08:04 AM
I've been angry about this, laughed at it, got angry again and am now incredulous at the arrogance and dismissive tone of that statement. They can't see the problem? Do they have any idea about the game whatsoever? As others have said, with idiotic decisions like that being made - and defended in such a patronising manner - it's no wonder people are not interested in Scottish football in the same numbers they were. I am astounded at the ignorance in that statement.

Lee Marvin
16-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Exactly.

Why would falkirk move voluntarily! It doesn't benefit them financially in any way as it stands. However, what if we asked thrm to change to Sunday 5pm (post the cheats vs the cheats) with the carrot of a much inflated hibs traveling support. Surely we could sell out away end in this scenario, I know I would definitely now go!!

Smartie
16-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Exactly.

Why would falkirk move voluntarily! It doesn't benefit them financially in any way as it stands. However, what if we asked thrm to change to Sunday 5pm (post the cheats vs the cheats) with the carrot of a much inflated hibs traveling support. Surely we could sell out away end in this scenario, I know I would definitely now go!!

This could be a very big game and I'd be astonished if Hibs didn't manage to sell all their tickets for this one, regardless how many Falkirk give us.

Smartie
16-04-2015, 08:11 AM
I've been angry about this, laughed at it, got angry again and am now incredulous at the arrogance and dismissive tone of that statement. They can't see the problem? Do they have any idea about the game whatsoever? As others have said, with idiotic decisions like that being made - and defended in such a patronising manner - it's no wonder people are not interested in Scottish football in the same numbers they were. I am astounded at the ignorance in that statement.

Exactly.

I was looking for some kind of (twisted) logic or even a stalling statement saying all will become clear within the next few days.

But the arrogance of the statement is absolutely bewildering.

MurrayfieldHibs
16-04-2015, 08:13 AM
Exactly.

This! This! This! Do it Hibs. Call their bluff!!!!!

Kojock
16-04-2015, 08:13 AM
This could be a very big game and I'd be astonished if Hibs didn't manage to sell all their tickets for this one, regardless how many Falkirk give us.

It could also be a meaningless game, would Hibs sell out then ??

Lee Marvin
16-04-2015, 08:17 AM

The stadium holds 8750. Lets say there will be 2k falkirk fans (max, prob much less if their season is over) so that leaves over 6k seats available. I know they couldn't all be sold to hibs due to segregation issues, buy surely about 4k could.

I certainly can't see us taking 4k to this game with all the games coming up - may will be one expensive month if things go well.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 08:18 AM

**** them. Hibs Ladies Day match was moved to a Monday for TV with no thought for the club or fans.

Smartie
16-04-2015, 08:24 AM
The stadium holds 8750. Lets say there will be 2k falkirk fans (max, prob much less if their season is over) so that leaves over 6k seats available. I know they couldn't all be sold to hibs due to segregation issues, buy surely about 4k could.

I certainly can't see us taking 4k to this game with all the games coming up - may will be one expensive month if things go well.

Really?

If 2nd place went down to the final day?

There are other factors (games kicking off at the same time, Saturday afternoon/ Sunday midday, TV, other games that month) that may affect it but I would be astonished if we couldn't mobilise 50% of our season ticket holders for a game of that size that is just along the M9.

And Falkirk may yet have something to play for yet too so might get a lot more numbers than you have mentioned.

Time will tell as it may prove to be a damp squib but it could be a massive game.

Fergos
16-04-2015, 08:26 AM

IMHO I'm sure we'd take 4k plus esp if we need something from the game for 2nd.

GGTTH

MrSmith
16-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Doncaster was on BBC Radio Scotland this morning to answer 'questions' relating to the present issues. It was a thinly veiled attempt by the BBC to discredit Hibs allowing Doncaster to put forward his responses in a most disparaging arrogant manner. The BBC, allowed his nonsense without contrary argument nor response from LD. I can't find a link unfortunately but Doncaster infuriated me!!!

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 08:33 AM
davidogilvie@spfl.co.uk

He will be getting a stinker of an email from me as well. I will also be asking him to forward it to Donkey boy and Reagan.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Doncaster was on BBC Radio Scotland this morning to answer 'questions' relating to the present issues. It was a thinly veiled attempt by the BBC to discredit Hibs allowing Doncaster to put forward his answers in a most arrogant disparaging manner. The BBC, allowed his nonsense without contrary argument nor response from LD. I can't find a link unfortunately but Doncaster infuriated me!!!

He said that as of 6:30 this morning he had only heard from one club and they didn't want to move their fixture. He wouldn't confirm which club that was. So have Hibs been in touch or not?

Hermit Crab
16-04-2015, 08:36 AM
He said that as of 6:30 this morning he had only heard from one club and they didn't want to move their fixture. He wouldn't confirm which club that was. So have Hibs been in touch or not?

Yes they have as per statement. You know he's not telling the truth.

PPZPOL
16-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Really?

If 2nd place went down to the final day?

There are other factors (games kicking off at the same time, Saturday afternoon/ Sunday midday, TV, other games that month) that may affect it but I would be astonished if we couldn't mobilise 50% of our season ticket holders for a game of that size that is just along the M9.

And Falkirk may yet have something to play for yet too so might get a lot more numbers than you have mentioned.

Time will tell as it may prove to be a damp squib but it could be a massive game.

It MAY prove to be a damp squib but it is there responsibility to plan the last round of fixtures with the assumption that something WILL be riding on the games surely?

mvteng
16-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Doncaster on Radio Scotland this morning said they had written to all clubs asking them if they also wanted to change the date of the match.

As of this morning, no club (including Hibs) had responded stating they wanted the match date changed, but that one club had responded stating that they did not want the date changed.

He was asked if the one club was Falkirk,but refused to confirm / deny.

I guess its up to Hibs today to formally request a change of date

MurrayfieldHibs
16-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Doncaster was on BBC Radio Scotland this morning to answer 'questions' relating to the present issues. It was a thinly veiled attempt by the BBC to discredit Hibs allowing Doncaster to put forward his responses in a most disparaging arrogant manner. The BBC, allowed his nonsense without contrary argument nor response from LD. I can't find a link unfortunately but Doncaster infuriated me!!!

Same here Mr S. He said that they had emailed all the clubs and only one had replied - saying it didn't suit them to move! Which bit of "you are meant to be running the bloody game" don't you understand Doncaster!!??? This isn't a pick & mix ya muppet!!!

He comments that ""The reality is that Alloa v Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton v Raith Rovers - there's no possible way that Hearts v Rangers can have any bearing on them." Alloa, Livingston and Cowdenbeath are all in the relegation dogfight. What if Alloa & Cowdenbeath get together and "email" Neil to say they want to shift their game but Livingston and QOS decide toplay on Saturday???? More unfair advantage, less sporting integrity.

:brickwall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32330475

Aldo
16-04-2015, 08:45 AM

I think we will find that there has only been one official approach and that was from Budgie. She says so in her statement. It's the SPFL That is saying its us when it's clear it's the yams.

BBC looking for any excuse to stick it too us without any chance of a response.

*insert me shaking my head in total disgust

Moulin Yarns
16-04-2015, 08:46 AM
From what I saw, Hearts were not aware until it was announced. Are they saying the home club were not consulted about the change of fixture? If so Hearts should say no to the date change and let Donky Doncaster get egg on his face.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Doncaster on Radio Scotland this morning said they had written to all clubs asking them if they also wanted to change the date of the match.

As of this morning, no club (including Hibs) had responded stating they wanted the match date changed, but that one club had responded stating that they did not want the date changed.

He was asked if the one club was Falkirk,but refused to confirm / deny.

I guess its up to Hibs today to formally request a change of date

How about they take the stick out of their ass and actually run the game. Make the decision themselves to move all games and then avoid all this. It's shocking theat they are trying to turn the blame on the clubs. Have a look at the 10 games that will be played in the English premiership - will they all have a bearing on Europe/title/relegation - I very much doubt it - but they will all be played at the same time as that is the correct thing to do.

Fergos
16-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Sent this morning...I'll update with reply

GGTTH

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Regarding the situation whereby the Hearts vs Rangers game has been moved to the Sunday and therefor later than / out of sync with the other matches from the final day in the Championship taking place the day earlier -

How can the SPFL be considered a body that acts with complete sporting integrity if they allow this schedule of games to be carried through?

I ask the above question in relation to the fact that the above games will have a integral impact to the outcome on the play off positions of various clubs and their potential promotion to the top tier of Scottish football.

Thank you for your time & I look forward to your response.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 08:50 AM
From what I saw, Hearts were not aware until it was announced. Are they saying the home club were not consulted about the change of fixture? If so Hearts should say no to the date change and let Donky Doncaster get egg on his face.

Budge from her statement has indicated that they were not consulted but told and she phoned police scotland who were also less than pleased.

This could only happen with the bunch of amateurs running the show.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 08:52 AM
http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/2004-2005/

Oh look - the final day of 2004/05. Aberdeen v Hearts had no bearing on the title race, and wasn't on TV, but was still moved to the Sunday at the same time as the other games!!! :rolleyes:

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 08:53 AM
I think we will find that there has only been one official approach and that was from Budgie. She says so in her statement. It's the SPFL That is saying its us when it's clear it's the yams.

BBC looking for any excuse to stick it too us without any chance of a response.

*insert me shaking my head in total disgust

:bitchy: <<<<<<<<< There ya go

:wink:

Mikey09
16-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Let's be honest, it's in Sky's best interest to have a The Rangers in the top league.... They are at it as well. I would suggest anyone and everyone who has Sky TV cancels it and tells them exactly why.

number9dream
16-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Donkey-caster has kept a low profile this season and on this display you can see why...
It's a staggering situation that everyone - including Rangers gaffer McCall - knows is unfair.
Hibs are the away team and can't just dive in demanding a fixture change without the full support of Falkirk.
And Falkirk are quite within their rights to say we'll get a bigger gate on a Saturday.
The clubs quite simply should not have been put in this farcical situation in the first place.
Others have suggested we ask for 3 o'clock on Sunday - I'd like to see Doncaster's reply to that.

Aldo
16-04-2015, 08:56 AM
:wink:

Take keek. In ones phone.

Keith_M
16-04-2015, 08:59 AM
The Disgrace of Gijon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n)

Spain 1982, West Germany v Austria. They play their last game knowing exactly what result suits both of them (a 1-0 win for the Germans) in order to qualify for the next round. Germans score the required 1 goal, then the rest of the game is played out as a training exercise.. to a chorus of boos from the crowd.

After this match, every footballing authority in the world vowed that a similar situation would never be allowed again, by playing all such matches at the exact same time.

...and so it proceeded, until the SPFL, in their wisdom, decided to change the rules for The Rangers.

Waxy
16-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Totally unfair. Rangers being able to udjust their tactics as they'll know what they'll need to do.Simple as that.
Cheating for money gains by Sky and the SPFL.

DavieRoy
16-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Let's be honest, it's in Sky's best interest to have a The Rangers in the top league.... They are at it as well. I would suggest anyone and everyone who has Sky TV cancels it and tells them exactly why.

If Sky were that bothered, they would have walked away in 2012. Sky picked Rangers on the final day in 2013 and the old SFL moved all off the games. It is the league that need to move all of the games.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3578-berwick-match-moved-forward

ekhibee
16-04-2015, 09:18 AM
http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/2004-2005/

Oh look - the final day of 2004/05. Aberdeen v Hearts had no bearing on the title race, and wasn't on TV, but was still moved to the Sunday at the same time as the other games!!! :rolleyes:
Yeh, wasn't that the one when we needed Hearts not to get beaten by more than 2-0 so that we got into Europe?

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Yeh, wasn't that the one when we needed Hearts not to get beaten by more than 2-0 so that we got into Europe?

There couldn't be a 6 goal swing between us and Aberdeen basically.

Onion
16-04-2015, 09:25 AM
What a complete farce. And Doncaster trying to defend the indefensible on radio just makes a bigger ass of him and the people who are meant to be running the game. There are times when you need to just accept that you've balls up, and this is one of them.

Players, clubs and managers are often charged with bringing the game into disrepute. This is a clear case where the authority itself is guilty of the same. They could not organise a raffle and it's high time they were removed from their positions.

I'm sure we'll find that all games will be moved to the Sunday before the end the week, as this row is going to run and run.

ekhibee
16-04-2015, 09:25 AM
In theory it all comes down to who that club is that said they wouldn't move to a Sunday. If that team is Falkirk then Doncaster and his cronies/Sevco have got what they want. I tend to think that's unlikely mind you, if Doncaster has also said Hibs can get their game moved to Sunday as well. He couldn't say that if Falkirk have already refused to move the game.

ekhibee
16-04-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't like to jump on bandwagons here, but just what is Rod Petrie's role in all this? I mean he's on their committee, I would hope he's conveying the feelings of the club on this matter?

mvteng
16-04-2015, 09:30 AM
In theory it all comes down to who that club is that said they wouldn't move to a Sunday. If that team is Falkirk then Doncaster and his cronies/Sevco have got what they want. I tend to think that's unlikely mind you, if Doncaster has also said Hibs can get their game moved to Sunday as well. He couldn't say that if Falkirk have already refused to move the game.

He didnt actually say that if they request it, Hibs could get the game changed to Sunday. All he said was that no-one has yet requested to have the game changed.

There was no guarantee that even if a team did request a change, that that change would be made.

First hurdle is for Hibs to request a change, then it forces them to make a decision.

swazzie
16-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I don't like to jump on bandwagons here, but just what is Rod Petrie's role in all this? I mean he's on their committee, I would hope he's conveying the feelings of the club on this matter?

I don't want to defend Petrie but he's not on the SPFL board according to their website

FranckSuzy
IMHO, it shouldn't be up to the individual clubs to request a change. It's the governing body's mess so they can sort it out as they should not have put them in this situation in the first place.

Spot on, Tom :aok:

Tom English ‏@TomEnglishSport (https://twitter.com/TomEnglishSport) 3 mins3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/TomEnglishSport/status/588635519334113280)
Had this weird dream last night about the SPFL issuing a ludicrous statement defending a bonkers decision. Er...

ekhibee
He didnt actually say that if they request it, Hibs could get the game changed to Sunday. All he said was that no-one has yet requested to have the game changed.

There was no guarantee that even if a team did request a change, that that change would be made.

First hurdle is for Hibs to request a change, then it forces them to make a decision.
BBC Sport - Neil Doncaster: SPFL chief insists sporting integrity remains intact

Well he says he's asked Hibs twice now if they want to move their fixture and says he has had no response, that's why I was wondering if Falkirk had anything to do with it.

Del Boy
16-04-2015, 09:35 AM
At times like this I really hate Scottish football. The bias towards celtic and rangers is utterly ridiculous. We are on the receiving end this time but many other clubs have been screwed over in the past. Chairmen of all other clubs need to get together and stand up against this. How Doncaster had survived this long is beyond me.

Onion
16-04-2015, 09:53 AM
BBC Sport - Neil Doncaster: SPFL chief insists sporting integrity remains intact

Well he says he's asked Hibs twice now if they want to move their fixture and says he has had no response, that's why I was wondering if Falkirk had anything to do with it.

The guy just doesn't get it :rolleyes: Some one from UEFA should step in and explain why it's essential that ALL games are played at the same time, not around the same time, or on the same day... the SAME TIME. It should be non-negotiable and not optional. All this, asking clubs if they want to move games is a smoke screen. Either the Huns are deliberately being favoured by the authorities or they don't know what they're doing. There's really nothing inbetween.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Don't be ridiculous.

snooky
16-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Why don't we ask for our game to be played on the Monday and see what their response is.
I'd guarantee they'd play the 'unfair advantage' card.
"Donkey is as Donkey does" :rolleyes:

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Hibs, quite rightly, should sit and wait for the governing body to take the decision to move all final day games to the same kick off time.

They should not start pandering to silly requests for individual games to be moved.

All games moved or none. That is Hibs position and they should stick to that and await the SPFL to adopt that.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 10:04 AM
@BBCchrismclaug: .@ScottishFA's Stewart Regan says last day champ fixtures should be played on same day. Says fans/clubs/sporting integrity should come first

Ozyhibby
16-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Hibs, quite rightly, should sit and wait for the governing body to take the decision to move all final day games to the same kick off time.

They should not start pandering to silly requests for individual games to be moved.

All games moved or none. That is Hibs position and they should stick to that and await the SPFL to adopt that.

I disagree, Hibs need to come out and tell us if they are requesting a fixture change. The way the situation is right now , Neil Doncaster is able to go about the radio studios saying Hibs are fine with the decision.

Mikey09
16-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Don't be ridiculous.

As ridiculous as moving one game for one team to gain a huge advantage over us?? You don't think sky want the Rangers in the top league where they can sell even more subscriptions worldwide with there over hyping of old firm games?? Sky have the SPFL dancing to there tune and it's in there vested interest to have the clash of the bigots to sell next season. If you think otherwise then you're living on another planet my friend....

macca70
16-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Doncaster says:

"The SPFL could have moved all five Championship games from the Saturday to the Sunday, but that would have been absolutely unfair to a number of clubs."

What would be unfair, the fact that Alloa or Dumbarton might lose 50 folk off the gate if last games were moved to Sunday?

What about the massive disadvantage to Hibs? Forget the rest that have hee haw to play for!!!

Common sense I'm assuming will prevail and both Hibs & Rangers games will be Sunday whilst the rest play Saturday, if that's the other clubs preference.

He also makes the point that obviously TV would want to show this game, so when the fixtures were announced last summer, why not give folk notice then it would be Sunday or once Hearts had the league sewn up weeks/months ago.

17 days before is shambolic.

We need some new faces, someone dynamic and forward thinking running Scottish Football. (Similar to what Hibs done bringing in LD, we've seen massive change for the better)

These dinosaurs are totally incompetent!!

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2015, 10:19 AM
I disagree, Hibs need to come out and tell us if they are requesting a fixture change. The way the situation is right now , Neil Doncaster is able to go about the radio studios saying Hibs are fine with the decision.

Nah. Don't play to their tune. This will get reversed shortly.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2015, 10:21 AM
As ridiculous as moving one game for one team to gain a huge advantage over us?? You don't think sky want the Rangers in the top league where they can sell even more subscriptions worldwide with there over hyping of old firm games?? Sky have the SPFL dancing to there tune and it's in there vested interest to have the clash of the bigots to sell next season. If you think otherwise then you're living on another planet my friend....

Aye but we're hardly all going to go and cancel our sky subscriptions because of it.

Anyway I would miss Jeff Stelling.

MyJo
16-04-2015, 10:29 AM
It's ludicrous that a game that could decide a playoff place is being held between our main competition for 2nd place and our oldest and fiercest rivals who have nothing to play for after our season has been completed so that both teams know exactly what result is needed in order for rangers to finish above us...........to then come out and make it sound like we are being unreasonable and claiming it would be "unfair" to reschedule the other games to tie in with that is just taking the absolute piss.

I'm tempted to go to the bookies and put a bet on the leagues being restructured over the summer if the Rangers fail to get promoted.

Scott Allan Key
16-04-2015, 10:52 AM
**** them. Hibs Ladies Day match was moved to a Monday for TV with no thought for the club or fans.

That point needs to be made by Hibs when arguing our case. With or without swearing hope we change this.

Argylehibby
16-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I have not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been covered.

It is not just the fact that The Rangers will know what they need to achieve on the day but if they have already secued 2nd spot because we lose to falkirk then they can rest players against Hearts, ensure nobody important to them gets hurt or sent off etc. It doesn't just affect the race for 2nd spot it could give them an added advantage in the play off too.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Aye but we're hardly all going to go and cancel our sky subscriptions because of it.

Anyway I would miss Jeff Stelling.

**** SKY. They've ruined football.

Hannah_hfc
16-04-2015, 11:08 AM
@BBCchrismclaug: .@ScottishFA's Stewart Regan says last day champ fixtures should be played on same day. Says fans/clubs/sporting integrity should come first
Here's hoping he tells that to Doncaster...

s.a.m
16-04-2015, 11:12 AM
STV Sport‏@STVSport 12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/STVSport/status/588657862101966848) Hearts suggest there may be a U-turn over decision to move Rangers final day match to Sunday. pic.twitter.com/IDIDTghrGh (http://t.co/IDIDTghrGh)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCtVIzPUMAAEHXi.png
(https://twitter.com/STVSport/status/588657862101966848/photo/1)

jacomo
16-04-2015, 11:14 AM
I have not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been covered.

It is not just the fact that The Rangers will know what they need to achieve on the day but if they have already secued 2nd spot because we lose to falkirk then they can rest players against Hearts, ensure nobody important to them gets hurt or sent off etc. It doesn't just affect the race for 2nd spot it could give them an added advantage in the play off too.

:agree:

s.a.m
16-04-2015, 11:15 AM
BBCBMcLauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin/status/588661264555057152) Edinburgh, Scotland (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A7ae9e2f2ff7a87cd) All SPFL final say fixtures will now be played on Sat 2nd May with 12.15 kick off #BBCSportscot (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBCSportscot?src=hash)

jacomo
16-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Here's hoping he tells that to Doncaster...

Regan comes across as pretty thick, but even he realises that Doncaster has made a real mess of this one.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:16 AM
@BBCBMcLauchlin: All SPFL final say fixtures will now be played on Sat 2nd May with 12.15 kick off #BBCSportscot

Peevemor
16-04-2015, 11:18 AM
BBCBMcLauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/BBCBMcLauchlin/status/588661264555057152) Edinburgh, Scotland (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A7ae9e2f2ff7a87cd) All SPFL final say fixtures will now be played on Sat 2nd May with 12.15 kick off #BBCSportscot (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBCSportscot?src=hash)

I'm assuming it's 12.15 for the TV slot for Hearts v Newhun - why can't they play before everyone else? It seems that there are two sets of rules in play.

IanM
16-04-2015, 11:19 AM
STV Sport‏@STVSport 12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/STVSport/status/588657862101966848) Hearts suggest there may be a U-turn over decision to move Rangers final day match to Sunday. pic.twitter.com/IDIDTghrGh (http://t.co/IDIDTghrGh)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCtVIzPUMAAEHXi.png
(https://twitter.com/STVSport/status/588657862101966848/photo/1)

also just read that falkirk aren't willing to move the game to sunday as they have a memorial planned for the saturday for their former chairman and his family have made travel arrangments.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm assuming it's 12.15 for the TV slot for Hearts v Newhun - why can't they play before everyone else? It seems that there are two sets of rules in play.

There is but I suppose if everyones argument is that all games should kick off at the same time, we can't really complain at this. I had always expected that game to be on tv anyway.

green&left
16-04-2015, 11:21 AM
**** SKY. They've ruined football.

This.

Anyone that pays money to Sky and/or BT but complains about kick-off times being shifted, how much money goes down south etc is a *** hypocrite.

Get the subscriptions binned and Sky/BT GTF!

leither17
16-04-2015, 11:23 AM
What a farce this has all been

silverhibee
16-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Budge from her statement has indicated that they were not consulted but told and she phoned police scotland who were also less than pleased.

This could only happen with the bunch of amateurs running the show.

Did the phone number start with 0141. :wink:

Del Boy
16-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Hopefully the only people pissed off will be hearts and Rangers fans who have made travel arrangements for the Sunday!

Kavinho
16-04-2015, 11:26 AM
This.

Anyone that pays money to Sky and/or BT but complains about kick-off times being shifted, how much money goes down south etc is a *** hypocrite.

Get the subscriptions binned and Sky/BT GTF!

Just as in politics, the Scottish public can be ridden roughshod in these things, as there just isn't enough of a body of customers/electorate to force the scottish collective voice to be heard...

Independence from Sky is the only route out of this. Bring the power closer to the public.
There's been a broadcasting democratic deficit up here for years!!!!

wfortune
16-04-2015, 11:28 AM
so surely it's a vote of no confidence in the chief exec who backed the switch.

s.a.m
16-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/bbcjimspence/status/588663710849363968) Two strong willed women @JamTarts (https://twitter.com/JamTarts) and @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) make their views known and it's all change in fixture schedulinghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44d.png

ano hibby
16-04-2015, 11:31 AM
I hope we and Hearts and QOS use this obvious attempt at cheating as motivation in our games against Sevco.

GreenArmyyy!
16-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Well done equally to Lee-ann Dempster and Anne Budge: in years gone past we would have sat back and taken whatever those crooks in the SFA/SPFL threw at us. Excellent to see both Edinburgh working together for the greater good. 1-0 to the little man.

southsider
16-04-2015, 11:33 AM
What a farce this has all been

The biggest farce since Tam fell off the bus.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/bbcjimspence/status/588663710849363968) Two strong willed women @JamTarts (https://twitter.com/JamTarts) and @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) make their views known and it's all change in fixture schedulinghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44d.png

Hopefully this is true and we can all resume normal hostilities. :flag::flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Good article here - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/michael-gannon-spfl-fixture-farce-5528557

Hibs Class
16-04-2015, 11:36 AM
All games now 1215 on the Saturday.

Geo_1875
16-04-2015, 11:38 AM

I hate lunchtime kick offs.

givescotlandfreedom
16-04-2015, 11:38 AM

Glad it's been moved. The arrogancd of these corrupts imbeciles is beyond belief.

lyonhibs
16-04-2015, 11:39 AM

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32332187

That's a win for all concerned :flag:

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2015, 11:42 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/317428-spfl-forced-into-u-turn-over-final-day-championship-of-fixtures/