PDA

View Full Version : Celtic - Wee Jay

dp00
01-03-2015, 11:44 PM
Just been watching some videos of Wee Jay the Celtic fan at parkhead today. Think they have been absolutely amazing with him. The wee man just looks totally over the moon

Never thought I'd say this but top marks Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee04
02-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Yeah i saw him today on Sky Sports at half time and Celtic have been awesome with the lad the club do good things for him and its good to see

Go on wee Jay !!!!!

Billychaotic182
02-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Some idiot Aberdeen fan slagging him on twitter.

The Gorf
02-03-2015, 08:24 AM
But sheep have always been known to be dumb.

02-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Brilliant what they have done for that wee boy :thumbsup:

hfc rd
02-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Credit where credits due, well done to Celtic. Really good to see wee Jay looking over the moon.

Hibernian Verse
02-03-2015, 09:02 AM
But sheep have always been known to be dumb.

Oi :greengrin

02-03-2015, 09:16 AM

Just seen that on facebook. Disgusting how some lowlifes can be so cruel.

The Gorf
02-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Oi :greengrin
Nae offence mate:thumbsup:

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2015, 11:07 AM
They really have been outstanding with him. Really is a great story!

emerald green
02-03-2015, 11:28 AM

What a sick sad individual. Just because his team got humped 4-0 yesterday probably. Well, GIRFUY.

Sylar
02-03-2015, 03:34 PM
In fairness, most of the Aberdeen fans were a credit yesterday, applauding the wee man at half time to a man.

What Celtic have done for this wee lad is excellent - I just hope they perhaps extend their charitable work to disabled children around Glasgow and Scotland, as they've shown themselves to be particularly excellent in getting involved with their disabled fans. Perhaps they do this in a less public manner right enough, who knows.

As much as I detest them as a club, they deserve a great deal of credit :agree:

hibbeedavid
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
As much as Celtic should be applauded for the way they have treated this young fan, I personally feel they are using it as a PR stunt by parading him so publicly, I bet there are many other clubs who have been just as good with fans whether they be ill or disabled etc but just do it in private

Andy74
02-03-2015, 04:01 PM
As much as Celtic should be applauded for the way they have treated this young fan, I personally feel they are using it as a PR stunt by parading him so publicly, I bet there are many other clubs who have been just as good with fans whether they be ill or disabled etc but just do it in private

Tend to agree. Said the same about the goal of the month award. This young lad has had a lot of attention and publicity and a number of things have been done for him now including getting taken to the world cup in Brazil. That's all great by the way, brilliant for him, but I think it is a bit of PR now. As noted above as well there are countless kids from our own country who are equally deserving but there isn't quite so much of a media opportunity.

Good luck to the wee guy though.

jacomo
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Tend to agree. Said the same about the goal of the month award. This young lad has had a lot of attention and publicity and a number of things have been done for him now including getting taken to the world cup in Brazil. That's all great by the way, brilliant for him, but I think it is a bit of PR now. As noted above as well there are countless kids from our own country who are equally deserving but there isn't quite so much of a media opportunity.

Good luck to the wee guy though.

I might well be a very bad person, but the goal of the month thing made me cringe tbh.

Obviously I'm happy that the wee man is having some great experiences, even if there are many others who don't get the same attention, but it felt like a cheap PR stunt to me.

weonlywon6-2
02-03-2015, 04:54 PM
The wee lad has landed a bit of luck, but so what, good on him and well done to Celtic

CMac1988
02-03-2015, 06:10 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-31693314

Some folk would be best off Twitter.

Stantons Angel
02-03-2015, 07:48 PM
The wee lad has landed a bit of luck, but so what, good on him and well done to Celtic

I agree with you there!

In a society that discriminates widely against children with disabilities like Jay's it is so good to see the wee lad getting so much joy out of whats happening around him.
Yes he gets a lot of media coverage and being a Celtic fan the media are all around them sniffing for stories like this. Yes, Celtic will be lapping it up as being good PR for the club as it overshadows their exit from the European stage once more.

Jay's parents make sure the wee boy is protected and aware of what is happening and he laps it up. His football is maybe the only thing he can enjoy without any prejudice from outside his wee world. So who are we to criticise what is making the wee fellow happy?

Im going over to Ireland shortly and friends who live beside wee Jay have arranged with Jay's family, to visit with them so i can meet the wee guy himself. Im taking over some Hibs stuff for him to keep in his green and white bedroom. Maybe next season should we go up we can have Jay visit us at Easter Road just to say Hello.

I would like to think that the Hibs supporters would be gracious enough to give him a big HIBBY welcome!

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Perhaps we could invite a young Hibby along instead.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I personally felt that the goal of the month stuff was a wee bit condescending but that's just my own opinion, the boy seemed to enjoy himself so I suppose that's the most important thing.

Having him out on the pitch yesterday was a nice touch by Celtic and I can't really fault them on this one.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2015, 08:34 PM

I personally hate this attitude towards such brilliant gestures, heard it levelled at the Beckhams once too. Why do folk always have to look beyond the gesture, I would go as far as to say it infuriates me!

jacomo
02-03-2015, 08:48 PM
I personally hate this attitude towards such brilliant gestures, heard it levelled at the Beckhams once too. Why do folk always have to look beyond the gesture, I would go as far as to say it infuriates me!

Dunno. Is it because we are being lied to by the rich and powerful on a near constant basis?

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Dunno. Is it because we are being lied to by the rich and powerful on a near constant basis?

My only thoughts are with the recipients of such gestures and the difference (often life changing) it makes to them.

Stantons Angel
02-03-2015, 11:33 PM
My only thoughts are with the recipients of such gestures and the difference (often life changing) it makes to them.

You are right too. These are the sort of things that do change a kid's life and attitude.

Im sure Hibs have done this sort of things a few time recently but as we are not surrounded by Media it is less exposed to the public than Celtic is.

The fact this wee boy seems to get so much from this and with his parents watching over him he should not come to any harm.

His wee life is difficult as it is and doesnt need more negativity coming form dim wits like the one on the Aberdeen forum.

Gaun yirsel wee Jay and enjoy every minute of it pal!!!

silverhibee
02-03-2015, 11:34 PM
I agree with you there!

In a society that discriminates widely against children with disabilities like Jay's it is so good to see the wee lad getting so much joy out of whats happening around him.
Yes he gets a lot of media coverage and being a Celtic fan the media are all around them sniffing for stories like this. Yes, Celtic will be lapping it up as being good PR for the club as it overshadows their exit from the European stage once more.

Jay's parents make sure the wee boy is protected and aware of what is happening and he laps it up. His football is maybe the only thing he can enjoy without any prejudice from outside his wee world. So who are we to criticise what is making the wee fellow happy?

Im going over to Ireland shortly and friends who live beside wee Jay have arranged with Jay's family, to visit with them so i can meet the wee guy himself. Im taking over some Hibs stuff for him to keep in his green and white bedroom. Maybe next season should we go up we can have Jay visit us at Easter Road just to say Hello.

I would like to think that the Hibs supporters would be gracious enough to give him a big HIBBY welcome!

Very good intentions SA but wouldn't it be better if we done something for one of our own young Hibs fan who may be in the same position as Jay and give a young Hibs fan a day to remember at Easter Road.

jacomo
02-03-2015, 11:39 PM

To your credit, that is a generous and admirable attitude.

R'Albin
02-03-2015, 11:49 PM

It's been a bit mental this. A mate of mine with the same name as the guy who tweeted the abuse got the blame after a Celtic fan found his Facebook and lazily assumed it was him. He tweeted his details and my mate ended up getting suspended from work and got a visit from the police and a Daily Express journalist. Think it has been sorted but still odd the way that it was dealt with.

Stranraer
03-03-2015, 10:52 AM
:agree: not a fan of Celtic by any means but they've shown a real touch of class here, loved watching him score at half time - cracking wee man I wish him all the best.

Agnes Gordon
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Some absolute miserable on this thread.
The joy on that wee lad's face is clear for all to see .
Just be happy for him guys!

Stantons Angel
03-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Very good intentions SA but wouldn't it be better if we done something for one of our own young Hibs fan who may be in the same position as Jay and give a young Hibs fan a day to remember at Easter Road.

No arguments from me there, lets see who takes up the mantle?

FranckSuzy
03-03-2015, 11:39 PM

I agree it would be good to see Hibs doing more of this (or to certainly hear more about it) but it shouldn't be forgotten how the club did Leighanne (RIP, sadly) proud and only last week, a disabled fan that I know of was given the VIP treatment, alongwith his elderly mum. The difference is, Hibs go about their business quietly BUT if anyone knows of a worthy recipient, let the club know as I'm sure they won't be found wanting :aok:

monktonharp
04-03-2015, 12:22 AM

Good luck to the wee guy though.I'm sure you mean that

monktonharp
04-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Perhaps we could invite a young Hibby along instead.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Andy74
04-03-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm sure you mean that

Why would I write something I don't mean?

Mikey09
04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Perhaps we could invite a young Hibby along instead.

Yep. Totally agree. Love watching the wee guy Jay so happy having a absolute ball with his team. However I don't get the "let's get him to Easter Road" nonsense. He's a wee Celtic fan. Brilliant how Celtic have treated him and if Hibs did the same with a wee Hibby then fantastic. But it should be done for the right reasons and not because Celtic have had good press for it, which I don't believe was there intention.