PDA

View Full Version : Scottish cup final as a neutral

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Its not impossible that this years Scottish Cup final could be between QotS and Raith Rovers. If that happened I wonder how many folk would be prepared to attend as neutrals in order to fill up the stadium and what could the SFA do to get you along?

Springbank
22-02-2015, 04:08 PM
If that's the final we should all run naked to the final and donate life savings to charity.

I'll only ever go to see the Hibs

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 04:10 PM
I would want Queen of the South to win as I'm friends with one of their fans.

I wouldn't be interested in going to the match though.

Speedy
22-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Not even sure to go with free tickets.

Would they not have loads of part time fans to fill the seats?

Michael
22-02-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't think anything could persuade me to go all the way to Glasgow to watch a team other than Hibs.

DH1875
22-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Free tickets, I wouldnt even bother with a Raith Rover VS QOS final if they paid me to go.

Baldy Foghorn
22-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Its not impossible that this years Scottish Cup final could be between QotS and Raith Rovers. If that happened I wonder how many folk would be prepared to attend as neutrals in order to fill up the stadium and what could the SFA do to get you along?

Would never go to a game in Scotland that didn't involve Hibs.....Especially not a Cup Final

Future17
22-02-2015, 04:21 PM
I would want Queen of the South to win as I'm friends with one of their fans.

I wouldn't be interested in going to the match though.

Which one is it? :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 04:24 PM

The combined populations of Dumfries and Kirkcaldy is about 100,000 .... I doubt they would raise 30,000 between them even if they prised folk oot their sick beds.

A wee bit disappointed with the replies so far. I kind of like to think I would support the final if I could to stop it looking bad on the telly. I bet it would be a good day out and perhaps even a good final too.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2015, 04:29 PM
The combined populations of Dumfries and Kirkcaldy is about 100,000 .... I doubt they would raise 30,000 between them even if they prised folk oot their sick beds.

A wee bit disappointed with the replies so far. I kind of like to think I would support the final if I could to stop it looking bad on the telly. I bet it would be a good day out and perhaps even a good final too.

I don't think it would necessarily look bad on TV.

People would realise that it was two small teams playing each other from the second tier of Scottish football. It wouldn't be a surprise for people to see a small crowd at such a game, even if it was a cup final.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2015, 04:30 PM
No chance I would travel through to Glasgow to watch a SC final that didn't involve Hibs.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2015, 04:31 PM

If it fitted with my plans I think I'd probably do it, the appeal for me would be that Id have a better than normal chance of a good day out at a Scottish Cup Final than the god knows how many I have been to in my life time. I'd probably be a Raith fan for the day. Kiss of death. :greengrin

hfc rd
22-02-2015, 04:36 PM

Absolute no way I would pay and travel all the way up to Hampden Park to watch a Scottish Cup Final that doesn't involve Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't think i'd even watch that on the telly?

Col2
22-02-2015, 04:39 PM
I would remain bitter and twisted yet another team were going to win the Scottish cup while we failed to make it. That scenario would almost certainly have led to us being knocked out by one of those clubs and therefore kissing goodbye to the best opportunity in recent years to win the Scottish cup.

I would not even watch it on tv.

Monts
22-02-2015, 04:40 PM
I'd maybe go if there was an actual neutral section. Wouldn't want to pick a side.

Pretty Boy
22-02-2015, 04:43 PM
I can't remember the last Scottish Cup final I watched that didn't involve Hibs, and I wish I could forget the ones that did involve us as well. Rangers v Dundee in 2003ish maybe?

If I won't watch it, or the FA Cup final, on TV I wouldn't attend as a neutral either.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Absolute no way I would pay and travel all the way up to Hampden Park to watch a Scottish Cup Final that doesn't involve Hibs.

Wasn't thinking of folk going all the way from Manchester mate ... more like weegies and other central belt types.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I don't think i'd even watch that on the telly?

When the SC final doesn't involve us its usually pretty decent Blackpool.

erin go bragh
22-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Id rather creosote my fence with a toothbrush .

Ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Id rather creosote my fence with a toothbrush .

Ggtth

Why ?

Pete
22-02-2015, 05:44 PM
I'd maybe go if there was an actual neutral section. Wouldn't want to pick a side.

The terracing opposite the stand used to be a neutral area for some matches in the eighties. I too would have to watch the match from a neutral area and I certainly couldn't sit behind a goal. Hard to explain but once you sit there it becomes less about the view and more tribal. That's your "end".

HibbyAndy
22-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Would never go to a game in Scotland that didn't involve Hibs.....Especially not a Cup Final

The same.

I have no interest in any other team bar Hibernian.

erin go bragh
22-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Why ?

Cause i couldnt give a monkeys who won . Id be gutted enough that we weren't in the final without rubbing it in to myself by going to the game .

Ggtth

wookie70
22-02-2015, 07:22 PM
I went to a League Cup final in 1987 after getting free centre stand tickets from the boozer I drank in. It never involved Hibs but as Rangers were playing I couldn't be neutral so supported Aberdeen. The game was a classic with Davie Cooper lacing a free kick and the game finishing 3-3. Rangers eventually won on penalties. Even as a sort of neutral the quality of the game was enough to keep me entertained. The train back into town was interesting with every bear we met asking who we supported.

In terms of the OP I would go if I got a free ticket and would support QOTS as seeing Gordon Brown smile turns my stomach.

givescotlandfreedom
22-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Seeing any club other than Hibs lift the trophy would be galling.

Geo_1875
22-02-2015, 08:51 PM

Free tickets, free travel from door to door, unlimited bevvy and a promise that Craig Thomson would never referee another game involving Hibs. Then I'd think about it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-02-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm meant to be at a wedding all day on Scottish cup final day. Have informed the Mrs that I will be missing it if Hibs make the final. Therefore, if QoTS end up playing Raith in the final, I'll go to the wedding and save being in the dog house for a couple of weeks.
To be honest, I probably wouldn't go to that game if it was being played at Easter Rd and I live 30 seconds away.

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2015, 12:04 AM
I'm meant to be at a wedding all day on Scottish cup final day. Have informed the Mrs that I will be missing it if Hibs make the final. Therefore, if QoTS end up playing Raith in the final, I'll go to the wedding and save being in the dog house for a couple of weeks.
To be honest, I probably wouldn't go to that game if it was being played at Easter Rd and I live 30 seconds away.

Aye ... unfortunately some folk have the same attitude to the Hibs.

Poor Scottish fitba .. at least ah still luv ye http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

monktonharp
23-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Myself and a few from our pub went to the Falkirk v Killie final a few years back. all neutrals. we happened to be friendly with the asst. manager of Falkirk (no names mentioned) but we all paid for our tickets. the final was at Ibrox. had a great day, none the less, although I was drinking Caffreys all day before they reduced the abv on that stuff:greengrin got seriously pished and fell oot with some Partick fans in the Countinghouse, after the game:greengrin:

Pete
23-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Myself and a few from our pub went to the Falkirk v Killie final a few years back. all neutrals. we happened to be friendly with the asst. manager of Falkirk (no names mentioned) but we all paid for our tickets. the final was at Ibrox. had a great day, none the less, although I was drinking Caffreys all day before they reduced the abv on that stuff:greengrin got seriously pished and fell oot with some Partick fans in the Countinghouse, after the game:greengrin:

I drink cans of Caffreys today and often wondered how I used to have five pints of the same drink back in the nineties and end up utterly wasted. It's all making sense now. :doh:

Nando™
23-02-2015, 01:45 AM
If they picked me up in a limousine, took me to Hampden, wined and dined me for the whole day, let me keep the match ball and took me home I probably still wouldn't go.

I'd probably watch it on the telly mind you.