PDA

View Full Version : Songs you love by hands you hate and vice versa

Northernhibee
15-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Just a thread for songs you love by bands you don't and vice versa.

Really dislike the Bee Gees (disco is *****) but have a huge amount of love for 'I Gotta Get A Message To You' - lyrically and musically an amazing song.

Always liked the Dandy Warhols but hated 'Bohemian Like You' and 'Get Off' - borderline sell-out material as overused that phrase is. To hear one on a phone advert and a properly good psych rock band singing "Hot diggity dog, all I wanna do is get off" was difficult to take.

SteveHFC
15-02-2015, 11:22 PM
I love my hands mate

Northernhibee
16-02-2015, 06:02 AM
I love my hands mate

Leigh has hands :hyper

easty
16-02-2015, 08:01 AM
The Wombats are a ***** band, they're like Busted but trying to be a real band.

But...Lets Dance To Joy Division is a great song!!

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2015, 02:05 PM

:agree: Cant stand the Libertines but like "Don't look back into the sun".

SteveHFC
16-02-2015, 02:39 PM
:agree: Cant stand the Libertines but like "Don't look back into the sun".

This

Northernhibee
16-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I love my hands mate

Besides, we can tell that from your Daffy gifs.

Stranraer
18-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Starlight by MUSE. I can't stand them or the conspiracy nut lead singer but Starlight is a decent song.

SteveHFC
18-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Starlight by MUSE. I can't stand them or the conspiracy nut lead singer but Starlight is a decent song.

:top marks

Haymaker
18-02-2015, 12:02 PM

:agree: Absolutely love that song!

Pete
18-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Ach, better do it right.

I've always disliked Editors but like "a ton of love". There is a voice in there after all.

I like REM but really dislike "bad day". Honestly, what was the point?

Frazerbob
19-02-2015, 09:28 AM
I'm a massive Depeche Mode fan but like most DM fans and the band themselves, I really can't be doing with Just Can't Get Enough. Probably their best known song and the song that broke them into the main stream but it's also the song that causes everyone to identify them as an eighties band.....which they are definitely not.

Oh and the manky lesser greens belting it out every time they score hasn't helped!

Northernhibee
19-02-2015, 07:49 PM
I really adore the Manic Street Preachers but cringed the first time I heard 'Show Me The Wonder'. Still do.

snooky
20-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Can't stand Barry Manilow :sick: but hate to admit it, I like a couple of his songs

Gatecrasher
20-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I can't stand Bruno Mars but I will give him his dues for Uptown Funk.

SteveHFC
21-02-2015, 10:56 PM
I can't stand Bruno Mars but I will give him his dues for Uptown Funk.

Starting to like it too mate.

Sylar
22-02-2015, 10:59 AM
With or Without You by U2

Otherside by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

I like a couple of Coldplay songs but really dislike them as a band - 'Clocks' and 'The Scientist'

I can even go to an album - I despise Oasis but absolutely love 'What's the Story Morning Glory' - exceptional album.

patch1875
22-02-2015, 11:50 AM
I do love 'Tearin Up My Heart' by N Sync :hide:

Big Bob Marley fan love all his stuff but can't stand 'I Shot The Sheriff'

Hiber-nation
22-02-2015, 01:05 PM
I can even go to an album - I despise Oasis but absolutely love 'What's the Story Morning Glory' - exceptional album.

Can't see how you can despise them if you absolutely love 1 of their albums! Although I would only count them as having made 2 albums, the next 3 were awful. Afraid I didn't even bother to listen to the last 2.

Sylar
22-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Can't see how you can despise them if you absolutely love 1 of their albums! Although I would only count them as having made 2 albums, the next 3 were awful. Afraid I didn't even bother to listen to the last 2.

Because in my eyes, it's the only good thing they ever did - that album just has something about it that transcends all of their other stuff that they produced. Despise is arguably too strong a word but it does reflect how I feel about Noel Gallagher - a ****er of the highest order.

I can say the same for a few artists who I dislike but have produced an album that stands out - Eminem springs to mind - I'm FAR from an Eminem fan but the Marshall Mathers LP was excellent IMO.