PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Edinburgh

Dav1986
05-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Looking for some recommendations here. It's my partners 30th in a few weeks and we are staying in a hotel in centre of town for the night. I want to take her out for dinner somewhere nice. When we go out for food it's generally casual dining/pub type food as we have a child and he is usually with us.

I'd like to take her somewhere nice but because we don't usually go out that much I don't want to choose somewhere that isn't that great.

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers

Future17
05-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Looking for some recommendations here. It's my partners 30th in a few weeks and we are staying in a hotel in centre of town for the night. I want to take her out for dinner somewhere nice. When we go out for food it's generally casual dining/pub type food as we have a child and he is usually with us.

I'd like to take her somewhere nice but because we don't usually go out that much I don't want to choose somewhere that isn't that great.

Cheers

Might get some ideas here:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287473-Restaurants-in-Edinburgh&goto=newpost

lord bunberry
05-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Cheers

Take her up the kyber.
It's just opposite the Kings theatre

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Take her up the kyber.

It is her birthday right enough! :-o

Future17
05-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Take her up the kyber.
It's just opposite the Kings theatre

Considering the OP's user name, I doubt he needs any advice of that nature...

Gus
09-02-2015, 02:02 PM

Cheers

Pizza Hut mate :wink:

Failing that Chaophraya is decent

adhibs
09-02-2015, 02:46 PM
I'd recommend the dogs, excellent food at reasonable prices. Would need to book in advance

Geo_1875
09-02-2015, 03:04 PM

It's her birthday not his.

overdrive
09-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Cannonball by Contini up by the Castle. It is in the old school building between the Castle and the Witchery.

Excellent food.

http://www.contini.com/contini-cannonball (http://www.contini.com/contini-cannonball)

Holmesdale Hibs
09-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Castle Terrace is very good but you need to book quite far in advance. It has a reasonably priced lunch menu as well.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Anyone tried the Riparian Rooms yet?

lyonhibs
21-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Judging by what I've just seen on Facebook, this was a successful meal out for Oor Shaft !:greengrin

The_Horde
21-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Judging by what I've just seen on Facebook, this was a successful meal out for Oor Shaft !:greengrin

Yup! Congrats D!

Dav1986
22-02-2015, 11:38 PM

Yup! Congrats D!

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
23-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Where did you go

Dav1986
24-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Where did you go

She actually decided. She was at browns for her works Christmas dinner and enjoyed it and said she wanted to go back there so took away the stresses of me trying to pick somewhere she would like lol

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2015, 03:58 PM
She actually decided. She was at browns for her works Christmas dinner and enjoyed it and said she wanted to go back there so took away the stresses of me trying to pick somewhere she would like lol

Browns! I was right then :-o

lord bunberry
24-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Browns! I was right then :-o
:slipper: