PDA

View Full Version : Away colours-friendly pubs

Broken Gnome
30-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Any places Leith Walk/Easter Road way that would be alright pre-match to host some in-laws from Kirkcaldy for some food and drink?

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2015, 05:46 PM
No food, but I've taken away fans into the Iona with me before. Persevere at the bottom of ER might be ok, and the food is decent.

SaulGoodman
30-01-2015, 05:48 PM
I imagine most op laces would generally be okay wouldn't they? It's hardly like there's bad blood..

Or maybe I'm just naive

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Any places Leith Walk/Easter Road way that would be alright pre-match to host some in-laws from Kirkcaldy for some food and drink?

The Mash Tun on Easter road always has a mix decent of fans. Good food and beer too.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Just get them to hide there colours and they can have the pick of every pub in Leith.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Only away fans I've ever seen have any problem in most Leith and ER pubs are Hearts, Celtic, Rangers and on ocassion Aberdeen.

A couple of folk in Raith scarves will have no bother at all in most places.

Broken Gnome
30-01-2015, 06:27 PM
The Mash Tun on Easter road always has a mix decent of fans. Good food and beer too.

That's run by a Raith fan I believe, but was a disorganised mess last time we played them here so is a no-go this time.

Thanks all.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Hibs club.

Aldo
30-01-2015, 06:43 PM

That's where I'll be heading the morn. Catch up with a few folk.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 06:46 PM
That's run by a Raith fan I believe, but was a disorganised mess last time we played them here so is a no-go this time.

Thanks all.

Eh! Disorganised mess? In what way mate, gets pretty busy I agree but a pretty well run place in my opinion.

Broken Gnome
30-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Eh! Disorganised mess? In what way mate, gets pretty busy I agree but a pretty well run place in my opinion.

Kitchen side of things was painfully slow. I'm paraphrasing angry Fifers to a degree.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Mathers on Broughton Street is pretty decent and I've seen away fans in there.

Green Man
30-01-2015, 07:07 PM
I've seen away fans in the Persevere on many occasions. I often meet my Killie-supporting mate there if we're playing them.

Mr White
30-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Safari lounge, good beer good food. I've said it before and no doubt will say it again :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Kitchen side of things was painfully slow. I'm paraphrasing angry Fifers to a degree.

Ah okay fair enough too busy drinking to notice the food problems :-)

Phil MaGlass
30-01-2015, 08:53 PM
As Hermit says, Hibs club, or get them a few bevvies up toon then a taxi tae the game.

St Pats Branch
31-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Safari lounge, good beer good food. I've said it before and no doubt will say it again :greengrin

What he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
31-01-2015, 10:55 AM

Thanks all.

Whilst I might not be as harsh :greengrin I'm afraid I agree with this. Nearly everytime I've been in, the staff wander around, talk to their pals and generally ignore the customers. The last time, the girl who came over to serve us took our order then disappeared for at least 10 minutes.... When she came back, there was no apology or explanation but it appeared as though she'd gone for ice :confused: Even when someone else eventually asked if we were being served and we advised that we thought so but she'd gone off somewhere, they just shrugged and ignored us. Very bizarre.