PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates AGM - 28th January 2015 (Updates and Report) - Merged

Pages : [1] 2 3

theonlywayisup
28-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Wonder how it will be tonight - red hot or frosty. That's the atmosphere not the weather!

Post your updates and reflections here!

3pm
28-01-2015, 04:28 PM
A pleasant change I'd imagine!

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 04:29 PM
I'll try and post updates throughout.

Genuinely looking forward to tonight, we have reason to be positive at an AGM for the 1st time in a long time.

ancient hibee
28-01-2015, 04:30 PM
I look forward to the first ****hole who calls STF a criminal.

offshorehibby
28-01-2015, 04:38 PM
One of the most important AGM's in years and i'm going to miss it so will be on here toning and tomorrow keeping up to date with what's going on.

Onion
28-01-2015, 04:38 PM
I'll try and post updates throughout.

Genuinely looking forward to tonight, we have reason to be positive at an AGM for the 1st time in a long time.

Really interested in how this goes. The AGM reflects on the past 12 months as much as future prospects so there has to be a proper recognition of how disasterous a year it's been - loss of £800k, falling crowds/turnover, promotion less than likely. No question football is better, but for shareholders been a bad 12 months !

hibbysam
28-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Really interested in how this goes. The AGM reflects on the past 12 months as much as future prospects so there has to be a proper recognition of how disasterous a year it's been - loss of £800k, falling crowds/turnover, promotion less than likely. No question football is better, but for shareholders been a bad 12 months !

Whilst I totally agree that we need to reflect on how disastrous this year has been, your point in bold is nonsensical to say the least. We are in a promotion play off spot at the moment, with no reason to fear anyone else in those as we have been brilliant this term except for the first month. Let's try and have some optimism going into the final stretch rather than write off our chances already.

Pete
28-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Don't worry I'm sure that will be addressed. Not sure why you would want to dwell on it though :rolleyes:

Time to focus on the positive changes and discuss our future direction.

Smartie
28-01-2015, 04:46 PM

Has it been worse for shareholders than any other Hibs fan? Is there anyone really in there that has that much of a financial interest other than the effect that finances can have on the park?

The past year has been an abomination but it was inevitable after the 7/8 years of decline leading up to it.

The improvements we are currently seeing will pay dividend over the next few years imo.

I have to say that there's a bit of me (the natural pessimist) that is suspicious of where the money is coming from for all of these changes. Stubbs and his back room team won't be working for nowt. Malonga has played in Serie A, Dje Dje has quite a pedigree, we've been after Gray for years and not landed him - but we have now? I get a feeling that purse strings have been loosened somewhat, and I'm a bit suspicious as to why and where the money is going to come from.

Not complaining mind - just inquisitive.

Diclonius
28-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Any team news?

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Any team news, weather? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-01-2015, 04:51 PM
I've left already! :-)

Hiber-nation
28-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Any team news?

Petrie out :wink:

Mikey
28-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Any chance we can keep this on topic?

jacomo
28-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Petrie out :wink:

LD leading the line? :dunno:

bingo70
28-01-2015, 04:55 PM
There's one of those portable advertising boards parked outside the famous five, I was driving so couldn't read it but it was definitely something similar to those adverts that have been on lampposts throughout the town.

SaulGoodman
28-01-2015, 05:03 PM
There's one of those portable advertising boards parked outside the famous five, I was driving so couldn't read it but it was definitely something similar to those adverts that have been on lampposts throughout the town.

http://i.imgur.com/OfXdXjA.jpg

lapsedhibee
28-01-2015, 05:12 PM
LD leading the line? :dunno:

Let's hope Ponzi shows up to face his critics. :agree:

God Petrie
28-01-2015, 05:12 PM
About to leave for this. I suspect it is going to be difficult to ask any pertinent questions as the HoH/BH brigade will turn it into an argument between them and the board.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Is it being held in a gazebo on the pitch?

jonty
28-01-2015, 05:21 PM

Do you think they've got permission to use the club badge :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 05:23 PM

What a shower of fan dans.

steakbake
28-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Let us know if anyone leaves before full time. I'd like there to be a thread on that.

barcahibs
28-01-2015, 05:25 PM
For those wondering if Petrie really has taken a back seat on the board... We're getting free coffee AND pies this year. Truly a new wind of change is blowing through the club

SaulGoodman
28-01-2015, 05:29 PM
For those wondering if Petrie really has taken a back seat on the board... We're getting free coffee AND pies this year. Truly a new wind of change is blowing through the club

Christ I'll be down the now I'm starving

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 05:29 PM
About 25 protesters, 30 max outside.

Wilson
28-01-2015, 05:32 PM
What a shower of fan dans.

They didn't need the second part. "It's not community ownership, it's a shakedown" is quite punchy.

I also prefer 'shakedown' as one word. A 'shake down' sounds like something else.

Not a bad effort.

A waste of time and money though.

barcahibs
28-01-2015, 05:32 PM

One of them tried to give me a balloon as I went in, not sure what that was all about? I politely refused

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 05:33 PM

On the one night they could get their biggest coverage, they have 25-30. :faf:

They just need ignored or sat on the naughty step.

marinello59
28-01-2015, 05:34 PM
One of them tried to give me a balloon as I went in, not sure what that was all about? I politely refused

Are they doing face painting? :greengrin

GreenCastle
28-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Paul Kane - On sky sports news live now !

Andy74
28-01-2015, 05:36 PM

What's their specific objection now? I've lost track.

The fact we now have to pay £5m debt back instead of nearly £10m at no interest and with a payment holiday?

The fact no real third party has a security over our assets?

The fact we can pay money direct, if we so choose, to the club thus diluting the value of shares held by the current owners?

The fact we can own most of the club if we are so interested?

The fact we have debt at all after building a stadium and training centre that we own surely can't be the new issue can it?

Bostonhibby
28-01-2015, 05:38 PM

HOH suggesting the pies are laced with Mogadon to ensure a compliant audience?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 05:40 PM
On the one night they could get their biggest coverage, they have 25-30. :faf:

They just need ignored or sat on the naughty step.

Plenty cameras pointed at them though which is exactly what they want.

Imagine wasting your 15 minutes of fame on that.

scotia44
28-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Wow! Just Wow!

jacomo
28-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Whilst I totally agree that we need to reflect on how disastrous this year has been, your point in bold is nonsensical to say the least. We are in a promotion play off spot at the moment, with no reason to fear anyone else in those as we have been brilliant this term except for the first month. Let's try and have some optimism going into the final stretch rather than write off our chances already.

Except for the first two months. There were early glimmers of promise, but we only really got going in October.

I don't blame LD or AS for this. LD was handed the hottest potato when she arrived, a manager on an expensive contract who refused to resign despite abject failure. And the knock on effect was that we couldn't get the squad ready in time for the start of the season.

Anyhow... I genuinely hope LD and her team get a round of applause for the work they've put in since then. They deserve it.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Plenty cameras pointed at them though which is exactly what they want.

Imagine wasting your 15 minutes of fame on that.

They are an embarrassment, and as Mikey says i'd put money on this galvanising the support and squashing this lot into a pulp.

I find them funny, and cant wait for the press to eventually ask them the pertinent questions we have all asked here? They have to answer them in the end, or standing in the street shouting nonsense or posting daft photoshopped posters will soon become tiresome even for the children involved.

bingo70
28-01-2015, 05:53 PM
What's their specific objection now? I've lost track.

The fact we now have to pay £5m debt back instead of nearly £10m at no interest and with a payment holiday?

The fact no real third party has a security over our assets?

The fact we can pay money direct, if we so choose, to the club thus diluting the value of shares held by the current owners?

The fact we can own most of the club if we are so interested?

The fact we have debt at all after building a stadium and training centre that we own surely can't be the new issue can it?

Paul Kane was on the radio earlier saying the reason we have £5m debt is down to the mismanagement of petrie and farmer so we shouldn't have to pay them back. He made the point we've made enough from player sales and sale of land to cover what we've spent on infrastructure and the fans have already dug deep enough so shouldn't have to pay off any more debt.

God Petrie
28-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Few halfwits outside playing old macdonald

Tom Farmer in attendance.

WillowbraeHibby
28-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Are they doing face painting? :greengrin

Have to confess, I burst oot laughing when I read this post... Pure class... :greengrin (Wife and daughter wondering what the hysterics are aw' aboot)..

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Paul Kane was on the radio earlier saying the reason we have £5m debt is down to the mismanagement of petrie and farmer so we shouldn't have to pay them back. He made the point we've made enough from player sales and sale of land to cover what we've spent on infrastructure and the fans have already dug deep enough so shouldn't have to pay off any more debt.

He's a clown.

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Paul Kane appears more of a ****wit every time he opens his mouth.

Presumably if the boot had been on the other foot he would have been quite happy for them to walk away with any excess cash generated?

Sure he would.

I know LD has her hands more than full, but IMO the next thing she should be doing is calling in all these newspapers and TV companies and finding out what we need to do to get them off our case and start reporting on Hibs fairly.

To get this much grief, there must be some severe bad blood between Hibs and the press.

green&left
28-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Drove passed the FF 10 minutes ago and heard them blast 'Old McDonald had a farm' from a car/van stereo. Cringey to say the least.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:01 PM
STF in attendance.

Simon Pia just arrived as well, Paul Kane in. LD chatting away to fans.

Iain G
He's a clown.

So they are doing facepainting then ;-)

frazeHFC
"About 20 to 30 outside protesting with Old MacDonald music playing and lots of banners! Looks like it could be busy tonight."

From my dad who's going to AGM. I'm so confused, why old macdonald??

EDIT: If it's because of 'FARMer' than that is the cringiest thing I've ever heard.

Bostonhibby

Irritating as an awful lot of fans understand how we got to where we are today and have decided that they want to use their resources to help their club through the proposed share issue or by throwing their weight behind Leeann Dempster and the new footballing management team at least - a significant number have been less inclined to support or invest in the HOH or Buyhibs vision of the future.

Disrespectful and disingenuous for anyone to claim to represent the majority or at least to just assume they have a mandate to do it based on the support of their own single group.

God Petrie
Petrie just turned up.

Onion
28-01-2015, 06:02 PM

Bookies must love you :greengrin

28-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Kane comes across as an arrogant "everybody look at me" character

SunshineOnLeith
28-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Attention seeking morons in moronic attention seeking shocker.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2015, 06:06 PM
"About 20 to 30 outside protesting with Old MacDonald music playing and lots of banners! Looks like it could be busy tonight."

From my dad who's going to AGM. I'm so confused, why old macdonald??

EDIT: If it's because of 'FARMer' than that is the cringiest thing I've ever heard.

:dunno: Is it their preferred song because there isn't enough of them to do a respectable sized Conga or Hokey Cokey?:wink:

Heisenberg
28-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Kane comes across as an arrogant "everybody look at me" character

He most definitely is. Same with this Bradley Welsh guy and his wee band of activists :take that

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Welcome by RP.

Outlines the agenda. 3 sections. Formalities, football matter, share issue. Questions are welcomed. Bruce Langham, Amanda Jones, Brian Houston, Colin McNeil, Leann Dempster, Gary O'Hagan, Jamie Marwick, George Craig, Alan Stubbs all introduced.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:11 PM
STF thanked for his work. Few shouts of agreement. Big round of applause.

bingo70
28-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Would it bot normally be the chief executive taking the agm?

Wondered of it would have been a better idea for petrie to take a back seat and let dempster do the talking?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:12 PM
RP explains his decision for not resigning. Images of hatred beemed around the world at protests, an anti thesis of what we stand for. Accepts responsibility and apologises for his failings.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:14 PM
All parties in the summer wanting to take the club for nothing without a plan. It was for personal agendas.

We are making progress, a quality premoership club in the wrong division.

Pretty Boy
Jamie Marwick to present financial statements.

Hibby70
He's a clown.
Of that there is no doubt

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Statements explained as detailed in the accounts. Questions invited.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Question re the club store profit.

Nike run it as an outlet and Hibs make a profit on every sale.

Pretty Boy
Majority accept the financial statements. Formal meeting closed.

Pretty Boy
Bruce Langhan to discuss the fan rep elections.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Explains about consultations, decision to have fan reps, process etx

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Frank and Amit get a very generous round of applause

LD next to speak

Andy74
28-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Would it bot normally be the chief executive taking the agm?

Wondered of it would have been a better idea for petrie to take a back seat and let dempster do the talking?

No. Chairman's gig in most companies.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Everybody welcome to opinion but we can't dispute the work that has been done. she has enjoyed it and leading Hibs is a pleasure.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Urges fans to try and look forward, try to put the past behind us.

We have a lot to look forward to on and off the park.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Hit pace after a slow start. Had to give AS time. Moved at pace to make changes when she arrived. We will finish sttonger than we started. We have changed and fans need to back it.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:27 PM
A costed football plan to be made available.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:28 PM
2 pillars. Elite success and community football.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:29 PM
George Craig to speak next.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Presentation on the structure and strategy.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Hibs have the potential to be at the very top of the pyramid in Scottish football.

Carheenlea
28-01-2015, 06:33 PM
George Craig to speak next.

If the Hibs.net visit to East Mains in November is anything to go by, this could take some time :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Need to think in terms of performance sport and athletes not a game and players.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Football structure is more continental than traditionally British.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:39 PM
AS and Craig work as a partnership. Too many teams expect too much of the head coach. The whole structure is there to support him.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Player development is the continuous lone throughout the club

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Not a Championship structure. Beyond a Premiership structure and was presented pre relegation.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Player ID is critical. Every player must have the ability to be good enough for Hibs.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Want local players who are good enough to go on and play for the likes of Man Utd.

Player specifics and criteria for every position. Using top quality technology as well as due dilgence to look at players. Watched well over 250 games this season.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:48 PM
We have the best sport science and fitness coach in the country.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-01-2015, 06:51 PM
We have the best sport science and fitness coach in the country.

Sshhh dont tell celtic

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Players fitness is rigorously tested and recorded. Each player had an individual personal best for speed, strength and endurance.

Team breakfast introduced. Diet and lifestyle now key.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Eddie May has said the group of youngsters at Hibs are far superior to anything he had at Falkirk.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Link up with Spartans is only transistion academy in the world. We now have links with 43 local clubs.

We want to work with local clubs on a friendly basis.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 06:58 PM
We will beat Celtic and Rangers to any local youngster.

We also have the edge over Hearts.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Made a decent start but not achieved anything yet. We have to add value To what has been started.

Ronniekirk
28-01-2015, 07:03 PM
This is al going too well ,throw a spanner in the works and ask which year they have penciled in for us to win the Scottish Cup :wink: Excellent Reporting as usual P B

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Stubbs up now.

Aldo
28-01-2015, 07:04 PM
This is al going too well ,throw a spanner in the works and ask which year they have penciled in for us to win the Scottish Cup :wink: Excellent Reporting as usual P B

Ssshhhhhh!! ;-)

Glorious St Pat
28-01-2015, 07:04 PM
We will beat Celtic and Rangers to any local youngster.

We also have the edge over Hearts.

Encouraging to hear but we apparently missed out on a great talent from St Mary's primary Leith who I believe is tied up with Celtic I think.

WillowbraeHibby
28-01-2015, 07:05 PM

I'd like to second that... As always, thanks PB for the updates... Appreciated! :aok:

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:06 PM
We are at the start of a process. Would have been easy noto accept the challenge but he was optimistic and liked what was on offer.

Been allowed to get on with it. Every signing is his decsion. Players we jave brought in are taking us forward.

3pm
28-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Encouraging to hear but we apparently missed out on a great talent from St Mary's primary Leith who I believe is tied up with Celtic I think.

Believe or think?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Manager is only as good as the players. They make job on and off the park easy.

GreenCastle
28-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Link up with Spartans is only transistion academy in the world. We now have links with 43 local clubs.

We want to work with local clubs on a friendly basis.

Only transition academy in the world - well that's completely nonsense!

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:09 PM
players should never have been in the condition he inherited them. We are the fittest team in the league now and on our day we are as good as anyone.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Still room for improvement. Hoping to bring in even better players

GreenCastle
28-01-2015, 07:11 PM
What has been shown is what a mess and state we were in - how Butcher and others got away with it for so long is madness.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Every player accepted their responsibility for what went wrong in the past. It was time to move on though.

DaveF
28-01-2015, 07:13 PM

So you don't know, but you thought you would throw a negative in all the same?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Time to raise the bar. Want to get onto 2md then put pressure on Hearts. Need to focus on ourself though and if we keep winning we will be where we need to be.

lord bunberry
28-01-2015, 07:15 PM

That was last season before the new regime started.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Keep supporting the team. Fans have been great and he senses a confidence growing throughout the club and support.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:17 PM
LD back explaining other changes.

steakbake
28-01-2015, 07:17 PM
This all sounds wonderful - a brave new dawn. Just a shame it's in the championship.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Share issue has taken time but now it's ready we can devote resources to other things.

Need to play a part in the community to grow the club.

BSEJVT
Only transition academy in the world - well that's completely nonsense!

My record of support for the club / board on this forum is there to see but an awful lot of what has been reported (thanks PB) regarding East Mains and our player development as opposed to player recruitment is simply the opinion / unverifiable postulating of the speaker.

Whilst I fully accept the need to talk up Hibs and the progress made I would prefer actions to speak louder than words, I recognise that in player development there may be years before this happens or is visible, but I would hate to think we were going to have listen to such empty bravado on an ongoing basis.

My experience is that empty vessels make the most noise and until we see tangible results I will have concerns that all those involved are doing is talking a very good game.

I also think that some of the things said would have better left unsaid as they are a certainty to get out to those other clubs mentioned and will in all likelihood come back and bite us on the arse.

JimBHibees
This all sounds wonderful - a brave new dawn. Just a shame it's in the championship.

Look forward, not back. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Infastructure is great but underused. Havr to throw open the doors of the club to the whole community.

steakbake
28-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Look forward, not back. :greengrin

I know, but what a kick in the baws.

greenlex
28-01-2015, 07:22 PM
My record of support for the club / board on this forum is there to see but an awful lot of what has been reported (thanks PB) regarding East Mains and our player development as opposed to player recruitment is simply the opinion / unverifiable postulating of the speaker.

Whilst I fully accept the need to talk up Hibs and the progress made I would prefer actions to speak louder than words, I recognise that in player development there may be years before this happens or is visible, but I would hate to think we were going to have listen to such empty bravado on an ongoing basis.

My experience is that empty vessels make the most noise and until we see tangible results I will have concerns that all those involved are doing is talking a very good game.

I also think that some of the things said would have better left unsaid as they are a certainty to get out to those other clubs mentioned and will in all likelihood come back and bite us on the arse.
You're right. He should be up there in front if the shareholders dwelling on the past. Jeezo man.

Kato
28-01-2015, 07:23 PM

....and Celtic have no doubt missed out some we have picked up on.

MB62
28-01-2015, 07:24 PM
What has been shown is what a mess and state we were in - how Butcher and others got away with it for so long is madness.

On a night and time when we have so much now to start being positive about, Fraud turning up still boots me in the stomach. That comment shows to me just how badly he mismanaged the football side of the club for so many years.
I feel more positive about the club now than I have in too many years to remember but I don't think I will ever be totally satisfied until that man walks out the door and leaves our club for good

Andy74
28-01-2015, 07:25 PM

What a strange rant.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Question re negativity.

AS: everyone entitled to.opinion. Gettimg behind players helps but even he criticises but is consttuctive. Not always wrong to criticise but crosses the lime when it's perosnal. Mistakes happen.

Glorious St Pat
Believe or think?

Can't be sure which club - would have to ask but surely promising youngsters like this on our door step should be snapped up.

blackpoolhibs
....and Celtic have no doubt missed out some we have picked up on.

We also missed out on that four leafed clover too.

BSEJVT
You're right. He should be up there in front if the shareholders dwelling on the past. Jeezo man.

Not what I am saying at all and how you draw that inference, god only knows?

Look back at some of my posts I have said umpteen times it time to move on and unify.

But tell me what manager we have had who hasn't talked the talk and failed to walk the walk?

I am told things are very much better from folk I know there and am delighted.

But you will need to forgive my scepticism that right now its empty words and looks a bit self gratifying.

I also think that a bit of humility would have served Mr Craig & Mr May better as if we don't produce the next 11 Messi's there will be blood on the streets

Slim Shady
28-01-2015, 07:27 PM
RP explains his decision for not resigning. Images of hatred beemed around the world at protests, an anti thesis of what we stand for. Accepts responsibility and apologises for his failings.

When is he going to resign though. Shocking tenure and he's still In a position when we are in one of the worst positions of our history on and off the park.

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 07:28 PM
What a strange rant.

Rant no

Note of caution maybe

lEXO
28-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Can't be sure which club - would have to ask but surely promising youngsters like this on our door step should be snapped up.

Only if they want to come. Not all local youngsters are Hibs fans unfortunately.

bigwheel
28-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Look back at some of my posts I have said umpteen times it time to move on and unify.

But tell me what manager we have had who hasn't talked the talk and failed to walk the walk?

But you will need to forgive my scepticism that right now its empty words and looks a bit self gratifying.

I also think that a bit of humility would have served Mr Craig & Mr May better as if we don't produce the next 11 Messi's there will be blood on the streets

you are on one tonight....have you been watching us this season? this isn't about empty words...we are better on the pitch in every single facet from last season, and for a number of years... It is unquestionable progress...and as for your 11 Messi's thing...well...wow . There is absolutely nothing in the messages from Craig and May of arrogance , simply detail and professionalism.

Andy74
Rant no

Note of caution maybe

A bit OTT for a note of caution. They are also presenting what is happening to shareholders. Quite bizarre to suggest they shouldn't talk about those plans and be enthusiastic about them.

Calling them empty vessels makes it look like you might have some issue with someone?

Hermit Crab
Sites a bit slow, bin the guests?

Golden Bear
28-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Over dramatic or what!

Spike Mandela
28-01-2015, 07:32 PM
What a strange rant.

Why? There are still areas of concern. The reality amongst all the self congratulatory back slapping is that we are a second tier side with a £5m debt and a very slim chance of promotion this year.

Changes have been made and LD And George Craig are talking them up in a positive fashion and rightly so but the previous poster is merely pointing out that actual talk is cheap.

We need promotion at the very least by next season. If not then our longest stay in the second tier in living memory would be nothing to be proud of.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Question re signings:

Squad is strong. Will only sign if right player is available. Board has backed me to get the best players available.

(I think our January business may be done)

Pretty Boy
Share issue to be explained by RP.

matty_f
Why? There are still areas of concern. The reality amongst all the self congratulatory back slapping is that we are a second tier side with a £5m debt and a very slim chance of promotion this year.

Changes have been made and LD And George Craig are talking them up in a positive fashion and rightly so but the previous poster is merely pointing out that actual talk is cheap.

We need promotion at the very least by next season. If not then our longest stay in the second tier in living memory would be nothing to be proud of.

I think we have an excellent chance of promotion.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Non shareholders, those without a proxy asked to leave.

The_Exile
28-01-2015, 07:34 PM
very slim chance of promotion this year.

Wait. What?

Northernhibee
28-01-2015, 07:35 PM

That's a wildly pessimistic view - if you take the first few weeks of the season out when we weren't match fit we're as good as anybody. I'd fancy our chances in the playoffs big time.

CB_NO3
28-01-2015, 07:35 PM
If we come second yes. If we are third, I think we will struggle to win 3 ties in a row. Most clubs would tbf.

DaveF
28-01-2015, 07:36 PM

True, but there does come a time for us fans to ditch the cynicism and look forward. That might be difficult for some to do with Petrie still hanging around, but its clear we are going in the right direction and even a pessimistic sod like me is now looking forward and getting on board with the change. I'll still be looking for on field progress (as we all do) but the behind the scenes stuff sounds great, the new signings look solid so there are visible signs of the 'new Hibs' out there.

Pete
Sites a bit slow, bin the guests?

Bin all the bickering and leave this thread for pretty boys updates?

Lee Marvin

Can you please quantify 'slim chance?' 5%? 15%. From where I'm sitting, I think we have a very reasonable chance of promotion.

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 07:37 PM
A bit OTT for a note of caution. They are also presenting what is happening to shareholders. Quite bizarre to suggest they shouldn't talk about those plans and be enthusiastic about them.

Calling them empty vessels makes it look like you might have some issue with someone?

Not at all don't know the guys or even their reputations, definitely no axe to grind

Didnt call them empty vessels either, simply said folk who make most noise often don't have that much substance.

What I was trying and clearly failing to say was that they make lots of bold statements that are completely unverifiable and having been through what we have I would prefer actions not words.

FWIW I believe we are finally on the right tracks but they have lined themselves up to be shot down by making these bold claims and I would have preferred they hadn't as to me it looks like showboating.

poolman

You must be great fun at a party

Spike Mandela

But by no means guaranteed Matty. A lot will depend on where we finish, our form going into the play offs, who we are playing and avoidance of injuries etc. etc.

Northernhibee
28-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Not at all don't know the guys or even their reputations, definitely no axe to grind

Didnt call them empty vessels either, simply said folk who make most noise often don't have that much substance.

What I was trying and clearly failing to say was that they make lots of bold statements that are completely unverifiable and having been through what we have I would prefer actions not words.

FWIW I believe we are finally on the right tracks but they have lined themselves up to be shot down by making these bold claims and I would have preferred they hadn't as to me it looks like showboating.

To be fair this isn't like a newspaper interview - it's at an AGM. Seems entirely within context to me?

Steve20
28-01-2015, 07:39 PM

I would say we need to go up this season. Another season in this league at the prices they are would be terrible. However, I think we have a reasonable chance of going up this season.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Bin all the bickering and leave this thread for pretty boys updates?

I'll go with that. :aok:

Andy74
28-01-2015, 07:41 PM

I think there are some ways of getting over some of that without the over dramatic nonsense.

You are at at too. Self congratulatory back slapping?

matty_f
But by no means guaranteed Matty. A lot will depend on where we finish, our form going into the play offs, who we are playing and avoidance of injuries etc. etc.

As with all the other teams.

BSEJVT
you are on one tonight....have you been watching us this season? this isn't about empty words...we are better on the pitch in every single facet from last season, and for a number of years... It is unquestionable progress...and as for your 11 Messi's thing...well...wow . There is absolutely nothing in the messages from Craig and May of arrogance , simply detail and professionalism.

My comments related to East mains & the Academy no more.

So its not arrogant to say

We wont miss out on any players

We have the best sport science and fitness coach in the country

We obviously think differently

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2015, 07:42 PM

and that would be the same for any team chasing promotion would it not?

Andy74
28-01-2015, 07:42 PM

You did mention empty vessels actually.

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Over dramatic or what!

What is?

Isn't this site about opinions?

What's over dramatic

Didn't you get all excited listening to Butcher at first?

Aren't you gutted how that turned out?

Don't you think that its right to be cautions given our past experiences?

wazoo1875
28-01-2015, 07:44 PM
If we come second yes. If we are third, I think we will struggle to win 3 ties in a row. Most clubs would tbf.

Teams like Hamilton you mean? I think if we keep getting stronger as we have done over the last 3 months then we have an excellent chance of promotion. No matter how many games we play.

BSEJVT
You did mention empty vessels actually.

That I did but I called no-one an empty vessel.

Spike Mandela
Can you please quantify 'slim chance?' 5%? 15%. From where I'm sitting, I think we have a very reasonable chance of promotion.

Reasonable yes., as are the chances of Rangers, QOTS and Falkirk. First we have to finish in top four.( hopefully looking good on that one) Then we have to deal with tricky fixtures at qots, Ibrox or falkirk. Then we have to deal with either Motherwell St Mirren or Ross County.

Then the inevitable vagaries of knockout competition, form, refereeing decisions, innjuries etc etc mean it's in the lap of the gods.

Andy74
28-01-2015, 07:45 PM
What is?

What's over dramatic

Blood on the streets may be slightly dramatic for example?

bigwheel

You also questioned what manager we have had that actually "walks the talk",that's not just about east mains...Anyway, talking confidently about the youth recruitment process, and bigging up a key employee if you believe they are the best is not arrogant...it's confident, perhaps even assertive, but why arrogant?

Yes we do think differently...that's the magic of debate on a message board...

Andy74
That I did but I called no-one an empty vessel.

So it was in the context of actual vessels then?

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 07:47 PM
You must be great fun at a party

If you mean that I wouldn't stand and listen to someone blowing hard about themselves who had yet to achieve much, then yes I wouldn't be much fun.

I would prefer to listen to someone who had achieved a lot describe modestly and animatedly how they had done.

I would be enthralled and absolutely loving it.

Pete
28-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Reasonable yes., as are the chances of Rangers, QOTS and Falkirk. First we have to finish in top four.( hopefully looking good on that one) Then we have to deal with tricky fixtures at qots, Ibrox or falkirk. Then we have to deal with either Motherwell St Mirren or Ross County.

Then the inevitable vagaries of knockout competition, form, refereeing decisions, innjuries etc etc mean it's in the lap of the gods.

Right now we are the ones everyone will be wanting to avoid in the play offs. Ties against rangers have been far from tricky ( that might change though) and we have more than held our own against top division sides this season.

Even if we don't go up it won't be the end of the world.

Beefster
28-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Hasn't someone already explained that it was before the structure was in place?

DarlingtonHibee
28-01-2015, 07:49 PM

Can we keep this post AGM -its only 2-3 hours FFS

BSEJVT
28-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Blood on the streets may be slightly dramatic for example?

If it were meant as anything other than a figure of speech it certainly would

Lee Marvin
28-01-2015, 07:50 PM

Of course nobody knows. But I'll ask you this, do you believe we are better than those teams you mentioned? I certainly do, therefore we have a better than slim chance. If you think they are all better than us, I see why you don't think we have much of a chance!

Pretty Boy
Simon Pia rants about STF and RP taking money etc. Is roundly shouted down and booed.

Rp explains at length it is not a donation to pay off debts. It is an investment in the club.

Northernhibee
If you mean that I wouldn't stand and listen to someone blowing hard about themselves who had yet to achieve much, then yes I wouldn't be much fun.

I would prefer to listen to someone who had achieved a lot describe modestly and animatedly how they had done.

I would be enthralled and absolutely loving it.

Anyone else thinking back to the empty vessels post?

Glorious St Pat
28-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Hasn't someone already explained that it was before the structure was in place?

That is correct. I hope with new structure we have our fingers on the pulse of new talent.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Attendee suggest there is genuine questions and queries about securities and long term plans. Can we put a pause for a few months to have the discussions with a large working group.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:54 PM
LD challenges why is this different from BuyHibs. Challenges that she isn't running HSL.

Kano suggests the support is split 50/50. Is jeered and shouted down by a few.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Simon Pia rants about STF and RP taking money etc. Is roundly shouted down and booed.

Rp explains at length it is not a donation to pay off debts. It is an investment in the club.

Everyone entitleomthier opinion?

BSEJVT
So it was in the context of actual vessels then?

Sorry you would have to explain that to me?

You claimed I had called people empty vessels I had quite clearly not.

I had commented generally that empty vessels make a lot of noise and I would much prefer to see achievements rather than statements I considered to be unnecessarily self gratifying.

I appreciate that that is not a view held by many on this debate and I will withdraw gracefully from it.

Pretty Boy
LD confirms STF gave money to rid us off the bank debt. Won't confirm the amount but says it was significant.

Mr White
28-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Teams like Hamilton you mean? I think if we keep getting stronger as we have done over the last 3 months then we have an excellent chance of promotion. No matter how many games we play.

Hamilton only had to play 2 ties, Falkirk and QoS contested the 3rd v 4th playoff.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 07:56 PM
STF stands to answer and is applauded and cheered by a majority in the room.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 07:57 PM
LD challenges why is this different from BuyHibs. Challenges that she isn't running HSL.

What a bloody fantasist that idiot has become.:rolleyes:

CB_NO3
Hamilton won two ties, not three.

DaveF
Everyone entitled to their opinion?

Yes. As are the people who disagreed loudly with Pia.

CentreLine

Sounds like he got everyone's opinion.

Steve20
28-01-2015, 07:58 PM

If he was truly sorry, he'd have done the right thing and left. He still would if he had any decency about him.

WillowbraeHibby
28-01-2015, 07:58 PM

You got that spot on BH..... :aok:

Pete
28-01-2015, 07:59 PM

That seems to be a common reason nowadays for anyone to come out with any old crap.

Sorry. Off topic again.

Great updates PB.

SMAXXA
Sounds like he got everyone's opinion.

:faf:

Spike Mandela
Of course nobody knows. But I'll ask you this, do you believe we are better than those teams you mentioned? I certainly do, therefore we have a better than slim chance. If you think they are all better than us, I see why you don't think we have much of a chance!

It's knockout competition. 3 other teams so we have a 25% chance, if my maths are right.:greengrin

Our records against Falkirk and QotS this year aren't great. Against Rangers we are better but of course they beat us in the only knockout competition we played in which shows you how difficult it can be.

Look I'm not saying we won't go up but just saying it is by no means guaranteed.

Lee Marvin

He is fast alienating himself from a huge chunk of the fanbase!

DaveF

I attended Kane's organised rally back in the summer, but now he is just talking rubbish and has completely lost my support. Unless he can provide the evidence for that suggested figure then he's just making things up now.

wazoo1875
28-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Hamilton won two ties, not three.

My apologies I thought they'd won 3. Anyway I still think we'd have a good chance.

Smartie
28-01-2015, 08:00 PM

50/50 is overdoing it but I think it's fair to say that the support is split and doesn't yet enjoy the full backing of the fans.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2015, 08:01 PM

Maybe not 50/50, but opinions are much more divided than anyone would believe by reading this forum.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 08:02 PM
50/50 is overdoing it but I think it's fair to say that the support is split and doesn't yet enjoy the full backing of the fans.

What figures would you suggest the split is Smartie?

Borderhibbie76
I attended Kane's organised rally back in the summer, but now he is just talking rubbish and has completely lost my support. Unless he can provide the evidence for that suggested figure then he's just making things up now.

Fast becoming a total roaster with no facts whatsoever to back up his so called arguments. im losing all respect i had for Kano...sadly

Pretty Boy
STF says he has taken 23 years of abuse from Simon Pia. Contends he has given his very best to Hibs for that time.

In 1990 STF loaned Hibs £240 000 to acquire the club that was in negative value. We now have £19M of assets. Sick of accusations that he has ripped off the club. If fans want the club they can have it, why should he keep it if that is what he has to face? He is keeping it because he believes in the club. The club owe him £5M and he is allowing that to be paid at zero interest for 10 years. He gifted the shares to people that they now hold because he wanted to.

He seems furious.

GreenCastle

And a complete lie with the sentence they said about being the only translation academy in the world.

Fully support us bringing through more youth players -been too long since we sold a decent young player.

DaveF
28-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Maybe not 50/50, but opinions are much more divided than anyone would believe by reading this forum.

I don't doubt that, but who knows what the actual figure is? No one here claims it has full backing?

The_Exile
Against Rangers we are better but of course they beat us in the only knockout competition we played in which shows you how difficult it can be.

Remember that was the 1st game of the season when we were still a shambles, and we'd have won IMO had Danny not been shown a red. I fear nobody in this division or indeed the bottom 6 of the Premiership over 2 legs.

Pretty Boy
If you don't agree fine but do it in the right way. He won't tolerate being slandered in the media.

Concludes to a rapturous standing ovation.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Receives a second round of applause as he leaves the stage.

marinello59
28-01-2015, 08:05 PM
STF says he has taken 23 years of abuse from Simon Pia. Contends he has given his very best to Hibs for that time.

In 1990 STF loaned Hibs £240 000 to acquire the club that was in negative value. We now have £19M of assets. Sick of accusations that he has ripped off the club. If fans want the club they can have it, why should he keep it if that is what he has to face? He is keeping it because he believes in the club. The club owe him £5M and he is allowing that to be paid at zero interest for 10 years. He gifted the shares to people that they now hold because he wanted to.

He seems furious.

He has every right to be furious.

CentreLine

That is always going to be true but a little meaningless. So long as two fans have a differing view from the rest you can say that. The only indicator this board can offer is the poll on another thread. If it is accurate Pia and Kane have a similar backing to the monster raving looney party in politics. Yes there is support but can you call it significant?

DaveF
If you don't agree fine but do it in the right way. He won't tolerate being slandered in the media.

Concludes to a rapturous standing ovation.

Interesting.....

Smartie
What is?

What's over dramatic

The club and the fans haven't been on the same page for a while and the fans have had to be re-engaged.

The people we have in there at the moment are confident and appear to be getting results, albeit it is early days. They still have to win some people over so I'm happy that they're talking themselves up and not down. I don't see any benefit in downplaying what they're doing. There are going to be some big games coming, not to mention the share issue. I'm heartened that they know what they're doing and are not ashamed to talk about it.

bigwheel
28-01-2015, 08:06 PM
And a complete lie with the sentence they said about being the only translation academy in the world.

Fully support us bringing through more youth players -been too long since we sold a decent young player.

So Green Devil...what is a Transition Academy in your definition?

And Do you know the context that Craig used the term? Clearly he believes it's unique. Do you know the specific "first" to which he is referring...why call it a lie? rather than question what he means by that?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Shouts that this needs further discussion

Rod puts it to a vote and a majority shout to call it a day.

That's us. It all got a bit heated so I'll try and tidy that last bit up later and report it better.

Sergey
28-01-2015, 08:07 PM

There was only 25-30 protesting outside the AGM tonight. That probably lets you know the true reflection of the figure.

DaveF
28-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Thank you PB for the fantastic updates.

WillowbraeHibby
28-01-2015, 08:09 PM

That's us. It all got a bit heated so I'll try and tidy that last bit up later and report it better.

Again, thanks PB, excellent updates.... :top marks

marinello59
Cheers PB. Excellent work there.

trev the hat
Thanks for the updates,very much appreciated. it's a pity we have to wade through the rest to read them though !!

Monts

Seconded :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
PB - thanks again

Smartie
What figures would you suggest the split is Smartie?

At the end of last season about 1/99. I'd have guessed it would have been about 50/50 in roughly November. I'd say it's probably now about 80/20 but there's no way of judging really.

I think Kano's right to point out that the fans are split. He's (probably wrongly) employed a bit of hyperbole to emphasise his point.

I don't think this make him a fantasist.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I don't doubt that, but who knows what the actual figure is? No one here claims it has full backing?

Exactly, who knows, but as on many subjects the herd mentality means prevailing views expressed on here are often at odds with the range of views you'll hear elsewhere at the game/in the pub beforehand etc.

Mikey
28-01-2015, 08:10 PM
There was only 25-30 protesting outside the AGM tonight. That probably lets you know the true reflection of the figure.

And the moral of the story is..... if you want to freeze these people out be a part of HSL.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Cheers for updates PB. :aok:

frazeHFC
28-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Dad says it's ended with a lot of shouting, sounds feisty in there!

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Brilliant updates PB much appreciated.

leither17

Yeah been superb

greenlex

Cheers PB. Thanks for that. Once again.

frazeHFC
"some people very angry. There's going to be trouble!!"

Latest text from my dad.

Chuck Rhoades
Cheers PB

JimBHibees
28-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Agree this was their big night and next to no-one turned up. They have no mandate at all and a weird assortment of slightly odd characters.

SunshineOnLeith

There's a difference between having an opinion, and malicious lies.

Simon Pia doesn't like Rod Petrie, or Sir Tom Farmer, and he's entitled to that opinion.

The ridiculous nonsense about the share scheme cash going to them is false, and I'm sure Pia knows this. He's just rabble rousing.

DaveF
Exactly, who knows, but as on many subjects the herd mentality means prevailing views expressed on here are often at odds with the range of views you'll hear elsewhere at the game/in the pub beforehand etc.

There's a bit of truth in that but there have been plenty of polls on here with varying degrees of opinions so it's not always a 'follow me' angle as you suggest.

Anyway, the depth of the opposition was on show tonight. On their biggest night of publicity, 20-30 people playing Old McDonald had a Farm were present.

blackpoolhibs
At the end of last season about 1/99. I'd have guessed it would have been about 50/50 in roughly November. I'd say it's probably now about 80/20 but there's no way of judging really.

I think Kano's right to point out that the fans are split. He's (probably wrongly) employed a bit of hyperbole to emphasise his point.

I don't think this make him a fantasist.

So in reality you are guessing how many are in the split, much like Kano, that makes him a fantasist in my opinion.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Latest text from my dad.

Angry about what exactly?

Pete

Latest text from my dad.

HOH types?

Andy74

Total nonsense. The numbers on here from totally unconnected backgrounds makes this a very decent cross section.

More so than a couple of small groups who have gained to get any sort of support.

bigwheel
PB I thought you were rubbish...poor work rate, lazy and no commitment..... oh no that was Matt Doherty!

Superb job! :greengrin

Leith Mo
28-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Believe or think?

I'm pretty sure it was the Rangers who picked up the lad in question (and he is a cracking wee player with national recognition). There are also a few others there of a similar age and at Leith Athletic though not so sure if Hibs have been seen to be anywhere near them including this season?

DarlingtonHibee
IMO HOH have had their democratic right to ask a question, they have had a response from the owner.

Any more negative PR will only affect Hibs in the long term.

I also hope STF takes legal action on any more slurs on him.

bighairyfaeleith
There's a difference between having an opinion, and malicious lies.

Simon Pia doesn't like Rod Petrie, or Sir Tom Farmer, and he's entitled to that opinion.

The ridiculous nonsense about the share scheme cash going to them is false, and I'm sure Pia knows this. He's just rabble rousing.

The mas a bigger bellend than mine and thats saying something:wink:, absolute roaster.

Andy74
28-01-2015, 08:16 PM

I genuinely dont follow that either? Sir Tom should just hand over another £5m?

frazeHFC

I'm not sure. He says Sir Tom Farmer got a standing ovation after his speech but not by all. Some were shouting stuff, then at the end people were angry that there was little time for questions.

Steve20

Rod Petrie still being at our club? That's what I'm stil angry about.

Everything else sounded ok. Now the club needs to fully focus on the only thing important for the rest of the season - Promotion. Nothing else should matter for the next few months.

Benny Brazil
28-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the updates PB.

Hope now that Pia shuts his trap - sadly think it will do the opposite.

Peevemor
28-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Cheers for all that PB. Delighted that STF has finally bared his teeth.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2015, 08:19 PM

Everything else sounded ok. Now the club needs to fully focus on the only thing important for the rest of the season - Promotion. Nothing else should matter for the next few months.

I think thats the one thing any of these daft wee groups have in common with a good percentage of the fans, maybe even 50% of them? :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
The split is probably something like:

- 30-35% in support of HSL/Buying shares themselves

- 70-65% just support the team and probably won't bother with, or pay attention to, any of the ownership stuff

- About 6 morons making lots of noise, with another dozen or so stupid enough to believe them. Statistically insignificant but, alas, capable if infantile levels of attention seeking

Pete

What about the cup?

semaj64
28-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Great updates PB hopefully that puts an end to HOH and can look forward to concentrating on getting back up

Thecat23
Everyone knows how I feel about Mr Petrie, but Kano has just shot himself in the foot it seems with some of the crap they are spouting. Petrie must go still for me but I'm hoping Kane doesn't get near us! I know he's passionate but I'm not taking half the stuff he's saying as truth now.

DaveF
The split is probably something like:

- 30-35% in support of HSL/Buying shares themselves

- 70-65% just support the team and probably won't bother with, or pay attention to, any of the ownership stuff

- About 6 morons making lots of noise, with another dozen or so stupid enough to believe them. Statistically insignificant but, alas, capable if infantile levels of attention seeking

Probably not a bad estimate SOL, and it's those in bold that HSL need to get at if they want to make a success of it.

Nakedmanoncrack
Total nonsense. The numbers on here from totally unconnected backgrounds makes this a very decent cross section.

More so than a couple of small groups who have gained to get any sort of support.

Hibs.net membership may well be a decent cross section, like most such forums though its dominated by a relatively small number.

matty_f
28-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the updates PB.

HibernianJK
28-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Sounds as though there may be a bit of credibility restored to the club after tonight. Also sounds like STF cares about Hibs a lot more than what some people care to think. Petrie too but some people will never forgive him. Hopefully we can move forward as a club and continue the upward trajectory that we have enjoyed since about November:flag:

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2015, 08:22 PM
What about the cup?

we'll win that cup over my dead body, probably :I'm waiti

SunshineOnLeith
28-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Probably not a bad estimate SOL, and it's those in bold that HSL need to get at if they want to make a success of it.

It's probably where I am myself at the moment but that's just down to having an incredibly busy month at work so haven't really digested any of their stuff yet. At first glance I'm more inclined to buy shares myself rather than join HSL. Just down to personal preference as opposed to any disagreement with HSL, I hasten to add.

Thecat23
28-01-2015, 08:23 PM
PB I'm disappointed you never had a webcam strapped to your head so we could all watch. Poor show 😉

Joking aside thanks for updates bud.

Steve20
28-01-2015, 08:24 PM
What about the cup?

Promotion has to be the priority. Another season in this league would be a nightmare. At the moment I would make us slight favs to win the playoffs but we need to make sure we do.

barcahibs
28-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Mike Riley being interviewed outside with Pia and Co waiting on their turn - that's going to be balanced... mood in the room very clearly and firmly on the side of Sir Tom and the board. Must say I felt LD was superb when she was arguing with the various numpties. I do feel we would have been better staying on another 15 minutes and having her deal with the questions Pia and Kane etc wanted to ask. I think she'd have wiped the floor with them.

GreenCastle
28-01-2015, 08:27 PM
So Green Devil...what is a Transition Academy in your definition?

And Do you know the context that Craig used the term? Clearly he believes it's unique. Do you know the specific "first" to which he is referring...why call it a lie? rather than question what he means by that?

Transition Academy = http://www.spartansfc.com/2014/06/13/spartans-hibernian-unveil-pioneering-transition-academy-partnership/

I was going off the quote from here earlier. Unless it was a typo and meant Scotland - saying the world is just not true. I know Newcastle for a starter do something very similar.

I am all for positivity but in context.