PDA

View Full Version : Belfast

DH1875
03-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Just booked a wee short break for 3 days to Belfast. Never been, anyone any tips?

Mr White
03-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Just booked a wee short break for 3 days to Belfast. Never been, anyone any tips?

I'm just along the coast in Bangor at the in-laws just now. I don't know Belfast very well but it's a great city from what I've seen. actually reminds me of glasgow in some ways. Great bars and restaurants and plenty sights to see like the titanic exhibition, stormont, the botanics and cave hill. The ulster folk and transport museum at Holywood is good, but then I like railway history :greengrin

Have a great time, it's a fantastic place with brilliant people :aok:

Stranraer
03-01-2015, 08:40 PM

Love it, used to get cheap travel across because of where I lived and when in Armagh I sometimes go up to Belfast, very modern city but I haven't been in a while. Are you going with family?

Mr Grieves
04-01-2015, 06:20 AM
We visited Belfast in September with our 3 year old son and had a cracking time. We purchased this-
http://belfastcitysightseeing.com/belfast-golden-ticket/
A day trip to giants causeway is recommended, Crumlin road gaol and the harbour boat tour are really interesting. I'm not usually a fan of open top bus tours but the Belfast one was pretty decent and takes you down the Shankhill and falls road which is pretty interesting. We also visited the Titanic exhibition, which was ok but overpriced, and W5, a science centre for kids, which we all really enjoyed.

DH1875
04-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Love it, used to get cheap travel across because of where I lived and when in Armagh I sometimes go up to Belfast, very modern city but I haven't been in a while. Are you going with family?

Yeah, taking my 10 year old daughter. She wants to do the titanic stuff which I reckon will take a day so got 2 more full free days. We are staying right in the city centre which I dont know if is a good or bad thing either.

Stranraer
04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Yeah, taking my 10 year old daughter. She wants to do the titanic stuff which I reckon will take a day so got 2 more full free days. We are staying right in the city centre which I dont know if is a good or bad thing either.

You should be okay mate, I don't wear my Hibs top in Belfast like I do in Newry but the Titanic Museum is supposed to be excellent :aok: