PDA

View Full Version : It's not often that I agree with a Hun......

TamHibs
30-12-2014, 09:56 AM
But over on Rangers media they have a thread titled "How on earth are we ahead of Hibs in the league" & one poster called G.E.C simply states:

"Hibs are better than Hearts. From what I've seen against us anyway.

Not bad considering they were relegated and got rid of so many players."

Hearts are nothing to be afraid of & I hope we get stuck right in about them from the 1st minute on Saturday! :flag::flag::flag:

30-12-2014, 10:24 AM
I mentioned on another thread, hearts are no world beaters. Yes they are on a good run and clearly brimming with confidence atm but when we played them at ER in October we were the better team for most of the game and should have beat them. They got a flukey stroke of luck that got them out of jail right at the death. Hibs will be right up for this one after the huns game and we have absolutely no reason to fear them. Unlike in recent years, I feel we have a team thats going to really stand up to hearts and not go into it scared of them. It'll be a close game I reckon but I don't see any reason why we can't beat them. It'll all come down to attitude on the day, if we can get in their faces and frustrate them right from the start it might put the frightners on them a wee bit.

Jack Hackett
30-12-2014, 11:19 AM
As with most teams on a run, hertz have had more than their fair share of luck this season

It will run out on Saturday

Jim44
30-12-2014, 11:26 AM
If we go into the game with usual 'Derby' mindset of 'those lucky barstewards are bound to fluke a result or they have the Derby upper hand', I think we will lose. If, however we go into the match, thinking that this is just another big game and a real chance to get closer to sevco, I think we could come out on top.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2014, 11:34 AM
If Sevco fans are judging us solely on the games we've played against them this season then we should probably be in the top three or four of the Premiership.

Sadly they haven't seen us against the likes of Alloa, Queen of the South and Falkirk this season.

That's why we are behind them right now but hopefully that will change over the next few weeks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2014, 12:04 PM
The best team in the league when the season is finished will be the team that is at the top of the league and that team will be Hearts. Whether they deserve it, have been lucky or are no great shakes, will not matter to them at all.

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 12:55 PM
How often has the team run out at the PBS with pre-match confidence for it to drain away by HT. Is the difference that AS has finally got them playing as a team? I do hope so.

In the past, too many players have shied away from the 50/50 ball. I doubt the game will be pretty.

Will the yams let out midfield play? I have a feeling that Bauben, Gomis, Pallardo and Robinson will kick Allan off the pitch before the HT whistle. Probably take it in turns to get a yellow card.

Bring it on.

patlowe
30-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Hearts are better than Hibs as it stands, that much is pretty obvious IMO. There's not been a huge amount in the derbies, but the points gap between the clubs speaks for itself. I guess the difference is that Hearts win games, just about every one, and you frankly can't argue with that, regardless of how good Hibs look on occasion. And BTW, it's nothing to do with luck that Hearts are where they are. Their record is unbelievable if we're being honest. The fact we are behind that Rangers team also speaks volumes.

However, we are making great strides and there is no doubt that the gap is closing after our shaky and unprepared beginning to the season. There is so much potential in the Hibs team: Allan getting fit and coming on to match-winning form; McGeouch/Farid on the way back; Cummings' goals and undoubted potential for improvement; Hanlon/Fontaine's developing partnership; the burgeoning relationship between the players and the coaching staff etc. We have the potential to be very good but we have to match the consistency of Hearts and we have to get out of this league at the first attempt. Then we can see how far this team can go.

hibsbollah
30-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I predict we will beat Hearts by at least two clear goals.

Waxy
30-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Hearts are well overdue some horrific bad luck against us.Like being 1-0 up with 2 minutes to go and lose 1-2.something along those lines has to happen eventually to them.

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Hearts are better than Hibs as it stands, that much is pretty obvious IMO. There's not been a huge amount in the derbies, but the points gap between the clubs speaks for itself. I guess the difference is that Hearts win games, just about every one, and you frankly can't argue with that, regardless of how good Hibs look on occasion. And BTW, it's nothing to do with luck that Hearts are where they are. Their record is unbelievable if we're being honest. The fact we are behind that Rangers team also speaks volumes.

However, we are making great strides and there is no doubt that the gap is closing after our shaky and unprepared beginning to the season. There is so much potential in the Hibs team: Allan getting fit and coming on to match-winning form; McGeouch/Farid on the way back; Cummings' goals and undoubted potential for improvement; Hanlon/Fontaine's developing partnership; the burgeoning relationship between the players and the coaching staff etc. We have the potential to be very good but we have to match the consistency of Hearts and we have to get out of this league at the first attempt. Then we can see how far this team can go.

Good observation which I cannot argue with. Hibs may win the battle on Saturday but Hearts will win the war come May 2015.

what baffled me is how Hibs are 4pts behind the Huns. A symptom our our poor form against the lower teams in the league. In the second half of the season, I expect Hibs to overtake them into 2nd place then screw up the Play-offs.

Keith_M
30-12-2014, 02:36 PM
We have played really well against Rangers (among others), but Hearts have consistently beaten teams that we've struggled against. That's why they're so far ahead of us in the league and a near certainty to win it.

No complaints from me at how Hibs are progressing, and I hope we win this week, but it's churlish to deny that Hearts seem to have discovered a winning formula.

Jack
30-12-2014, 02:47 PM
If we want to avoid the flukey goal at the end scenario we'll have to make sure we're 4 nil up towards the end like we were against sevco ... or 7 nil up as we were in 1973 :-)

monktonharp
30-12-2014, 08:41 PM
The best team in the league when the season is finished will be the team that is at the top of the league and that team will be Hearts. Whether they deserve it, have been lucky or are no great shakes, will not matter to them at all. maybes aye, maybes naw but you are starting to irritate me. they, for many many years have not been so much better that us than they seem to think. they have been the luckiest fitba' team on this planet. don't come on here saying that: if they win the league, it's because they were the best. they are a shower of jammy barstewards, have been for far too many years and too many Hibbies don't recognise that imho. they should have taken the place of Spartans, or whoever deserved promotion to the Senior league system. they didn't, and many of the gorgie mob I know, were quite delighted, and to some degree astounded that they managed to keep their status. some were actually saying: a well,fair enough, we get demoted for a couple of seasons, end up with nae debt and Hibs keep theirs while we work hard to get back to our rightfull position. shower of barstewards, and I will retain my stance even if they win promotion by a country mile!!

mca
30-12-2014, 08:50 PM
The best team in the league when the season is finished will be the team that is at the top of the league and that team will be Hearts. Whether they deserve it, have been lucky or are no great shakes, will not matter to them at all.

So hearts win the league then.. Not yet :wink:

monktonharp
30-12-2014, 08:52 PM
We have played really well against Rangers (among others), but Hearts have consistently beaten teams that we've struggled against. That's why they're so far ahead of us in the league and a near certainty to win it.

No complaints from me at how Hibs are progressing, and I hope we win this week, but it's churlish to deny that Hearts seem to have discovered a winning formula.totally disagree. hearts have not been so good as you try to suggest. they are due a run of bad form. we have collapsed, from this time of the year onwards, and that has been many times. their day is coming. we win on Sat., they get a draw the next or even a defeat......suddenly it can be so different. they need to win possibly 11-12 games yet/ I'm no stato, but how much until they are out of sight?

NOLA
30-12-2014, 09:03 PM
best quote i seen from follow follow the other day - "that **** from the Pogues has more teeth than us" :faf:

wills
30-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Hearts have managed to scrape over the finish line a few times this season, don't even think they have had many injuries to worry about. Here's hoping they have a dip in form, loss some key players ( sold or injury) and burn out for some of the young players.

i live and hope

basehibby
30-12-2014, 09:21 PM
How come so many posters are acting all worldly wise by stating that the stinky asbestos ridden Yam fuds have got the league tied up and are going to be top of the table come May? Given their 15 point lead it's hardly prediction of the century afterall.

To have a go at being a proper smart alec I'm going to predict here and now that these poppy stealing root vegetable molesting inbreds will live up to their true form in these situations, gradually drop points and let their lead be whittled away and as the end of the season approaches, utterly bottle it and make a completely hilarious erse of it on the final day - and then go on to be beaten in the play offs by Queen of the South - so there!

The Hibee Harp
31-12-2014, 12:06 PM
How come so many posters are acting all worldly wise by stating that the stinky asbestos ridden Yam fuds have got the league tied up and are going to be top of the table come May? Given their 15 point lead it's hardly prediction of the century afterall.

To have a go at being a proper smart alec I'm going to predict here and now that these poppy stealing root vegetable molesting inbreds will live up to their true form in these situations, gradually drop points and let their lead be whittled away and as the end of the season approaches, utterly bottle it and make a completely hilarious erse of it on the final day - and then go on to be beaten in the play offs by Queen of the South - so there!

:hyper That would be better than 1986!

SaulGoodman
31-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Good observation which I cannot argue with. Hibs may win the battle on Saturday but Hearts will win the war come May 2015.

Hearts already won the war don't you know..

The_Exile
31-12-2014, 12:19 PM
The 3 defeats in a row we suffered early doors in the league caused a huge confidence hit IMO, and it's taken us a long time to get the belief and indeed confidence back (compounded from last season aswell BTW). The players have proven in the last 13 games that with only 1 defeat we are a bloody good side, I think the players now believe it, and it looks as if they'd run through brick walls for Stubbs. We'll finish strong, whether that be a half, a game, or the season, we will 100% finish strong.

Derbys are notoriously hard to predict, I'm never confident going into them, probably more to do with our recent record, but that goes out the window on Saturday, whoever wants this more will collect the points.

Haymaker
31-12-2014, 12:28 PM
:hyper That would be better than 1986!

What happened in 1986? :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
31-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Said before that due to my location I am surrounded by huns. And just to annoy some people, not many of them are actually of the bigot mould, at least not in front of me. What they are like at games I don't know obviously. One was extremely noticeable on Saturday due the bright orange jacket he wears. His reply to "I can see you sneaking out" when the 4th went in was, I'm away for another pie. :-). Another tried to play down the result with a "that's not the real Rangers your playing" was hit with the retort that I had been telling him that for nearly 3 years. Not happy bunnies..

SeanWilson
31-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Main difference as far as I can see it as the ugly mob seem to manage a goal when the team comes to park the bus, on far too many occasions, we have been unable to do that.

We easily have the most free flowing team in the championship, it's requires the other team to play though, which has rarely happened. Each time we have played the so called better teams, we seem to do a hell of a lot better.

One thing I almost feel certain off is that we will not go in to the game on Saturday with the usual *****t!ng ourselves mentality. I can see us turning up and turning it on. Here's hoping!!

GGTTH.

Keith_M
31-12-2014, 04:49 PM
totally disagree. hearts have not been so good as you try to suggest. they are due a run of bad form. we have collapsed, from this time of the year onwards, and that has been many times. their day is coming. we win on Sat., they get a draw the next or even a defeat......suddenly it can be so different. they need to win possibly 11-12 games yet/ I'm no stato, but how much until they are out of sight?

I used the words 'winning formula'.

We could argue all day about what makes a good team but the truth is that they know how to win, ugly or otherwise.

Flanny boy
31-12-2014, 05:10 PM
What happened in 1986? :greengrin
:tee hee::smug::tee hee:

Forza Fred
01-01-2015, 08:01 AM
The league table does not lie.

Much as I detest them, as the saying goes, ....Look at the Scoreboard

We ca only wish it was in reverse, but it is not.

Nutmegged
01-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Sevco fans are so black or white, they think because we pump them and play them off the park that automatically makes us the best team in the League, leta be honest, Hearts are the best team in the league, they are the strongest and most consistent side and know how to grind out wins when they aren't playing well.

our style is perfect for the slow paced Sevco style, they can't cope with us and while Hearts match them brawn for brawn we use pace and a bit of flair, they feel they can tackle Hearts easier as they're style can be quite similar but that doesn't mean we are the best, we are probably the best team they've faced because they have no answer to our flair but that simply doesn't mean we're the best.

I sae an interesting stat on twitter their from @AgentScotland

Rangers with Lewis MacLeod this season have P20 W17 D2 L1 - win rate 85%

Without Lew this season they have P8 W2 D1 L5 - loss rate 62.5%

If that doesn't give our club the confidence to chase them down nothing will in my opinion

Hibrandenburg
01-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Scoring goals in this league is not difficult, all the teams at the top end of the table are managing that well. The difference is that the yams are keeping it tight at the back. We need to score first and make them come at us.

SanFranHibs
01-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Sevco fans are so black or white, they think because we pump them and play them off the park that automatically makes us the best team in the League, leta be honest, Hearts are the best team in the league, they are the strongest and most consistent side and know how to grind out wins when they aren't playing well.

our style is perfect for the slow paced Sevco style, they can't cope with us and while Hearts match them brawn for brawn we use pace and a bit of flair, they feel they can tackle Hearts easier as they're style can be quite similar but that doesn't mean we are the best, we are probably the best team they've faced because they have no answer to our flair but that simply doesn't mean we're the best.

I sae an interesting stat on twitter their from @AgentScotland

Rangers with Lewis MacLeod this season have P20 W17 D2 L1 - win rate 85%

Without Lew this season they have P8 W2 D1 L5 - loss rate 62.5%

If that doesn't give our club the confidence to chase them down nothing will in my opinion

i think the point is that Hibs are the best team Rangers have seen this season. They were very honest about their 'lucky' 2-1 Pretofac win. Very honest in their post 1-3 defeat by Hibs at Ibrox and probably still in shock after last weeks 4-0 drubbing. McCoist said recently Hibs are the best team in the league....going by what he had seen and played against. We definitely are the best team that Rangers have seen.

Unfortunately for us, thus far we are not the best team that Alloa, Qos, Falkirk etc have seen this season.

But that might be about to change.

:flag: