PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Ozyhibby
27-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Best midfield performance I've seen at Easter road since the days of Brown and Thomson.
Get him on a longer deal.

DH1875
27-12-2014, 03:09 PM
We need to go up this year to have any chance of keeping him.

Sudds_1
27-12-2014, 03:09 PM
What he said............truly outstanding and must already be a target for some............

JIm
27-12-2014, 03:14 PM
What he said............truly outstanding and must already be a target for some............

Whilst I worry a few will be watching he clearly wants to settle down and focus, if we go up he won't go for at least a year/2 and can then hopefully push on to a move down south to try his luck again imo

snooky
27-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Best player I've seen in a Hibs jersey for years.

LaMotta
27-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Too many misplaced passes today from Scott, not sure what all the fuss is about.

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Too many misplaced passes today from Scott, not sure what all the fuss is about.

:greengrin

I realise you're being sarcastic, but I think he lost the ball once all game. Outstanding vision and range of passing. Was very disappointed to see The Painter hooked so early after his first few "attempts" at getting the ball off Scotty.

Sheer class from the lad today.

Thecat23
27-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I love the man!! Best players to play for us in many years.

Carheenlea
27-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Best player I've seen in a Hibs jersey for years.

By a mile.

Chick Young was touting him for a Scotland call up on Radio Scotland very early in the season. There is no doubt his form will not go unnoticed and I really hope he sees his immediate to mid term future at Easter Road at least. He really is a joy to watch.

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 03:24 PM
He'll be best mates wi the thumb soon as they warm up the Celtic bench together...

Hmm

Brightside
27-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Our whole midfield were boss today....everyone moving well off the ball, keeping the ball. Fantastic stuff to watch.

snooky
27-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Our whole midfield were boss today....everyone moving well off the ball, keeping the ball. Fantastic stuff to watch.

This was one of the most pleasing aspect of our play today. Everyone was hungry for the ball.
Night and day compared with previous table-football exhibitions.

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Not to worry though, Calamity Craig will still be a hibby!!

Bye

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Superb. Great game from all.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Just Alf
27-12-2014, 03:35 PM

You not watch the game then?????

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 03:37 PM
You not watch the game then?????

He's at Livi probably

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2014, 03:40 PM
He'll be best mates wi the thumb soon as they warm up the Celtic bench together...

It's either satire or sour grapes.

:cb

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Played really well - him, Craig and Robertson really compliment each other in there.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I realise you're being sarcastic, but I think he lost the ball once all game. Outstanding vision and range of passing. Was very disappointed to see The Painter hooked so early after his first few "attempts" at getting the ball off Scotty.

He gets criticism when we play against the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath because he tries the out of the ordinary ball, when the safe option is on.

As we have seen in the bigger games, he has more space and time. He has the ability to go past players and drive into that space and commit defenders into leaving gaps for others.

Today his performance was as good as i have seen for a very long time, well done him and the others who all played their part. :top marks

Bronson
27-12-2014, 04:02 PM
He's in the same bracket as Brown and Thomson, he's that good. What a player.

For me, he's top 3 midfielders in Scottish football at the moment, we'll do well to keep him past the summer.

green.and.white
27-12-2014, 04:10 PM
The lad is top drawer

emerald green
27-12-2014, 04:11 PM

Sorry, but I was actually relieved to see Black being taken off. I believe he would have injured Scott Allan otherwise.

Heisenberg
27-12-2014, 04:12 PM
He's the best player in the league. Strolled it again today and was ripping the pish out of the Huns for the majority of the second half, no one could get near him.

jdships
27-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Honestly thought this guy was the " dog's b.....s" before he went south ,oozed class , things didn't go well then and I wondered if he was coming to Hibs as another young "star" who didn't make it .
Have only seen him on TV lately but if there is a better midfielder in the Championship I would like to see him :rolleyes:
Well done lad !!!!

Vault Boy
27-12-2014, 04:16 PM
A stroke of brilliance by the staff to bring him in, all credit to Scott and the manager for his excellent performances for us.

He's a class player and we are lucky to have him. Well played Scott.

Mon Dieu4
27-12-2014, 07:28 PM
The guy is a total joy to watch, he was immaculate today, I'd just say enjoy him while we have him!

hibsbollah
27-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Is it a two year deal?

matty_f
27-12-2014, 07:33 PM
He's worth the entrance fee alone.

jodjam
27-12-2014, 07:45 PM
When IB got hooked the Rangers got it wrong. Scott allan was killing them but to hook the one guy who gave a toss was wrong. Scott Allan is a rare breed who plays with his head up

R11Loaded
27-12-2014, 08:07 PM
What a player, today and Dundee United were two fantastic games to watch him play

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Hibeewilly
27-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Is it a two year deal?
Yes hes got a year left after this season but negotiations have already started

hibsbollah
27-12-2014, 08:44 PM

:aok: same as Malonga then. Id want Leanne to be serious about getting them on longer deals. They're both good enough to command a decent fee, leaving aside what theyre capable of on the pitch.

johnrebus
27-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Rest assured he will be knobbled within five minutes of the start of the Derby.

A big, big test, to see if we can finally boss the *******s on their own midden.

ancient hibee
27-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Rangers came out in the second half determined to dish out a few knocks-we just shrugged it off-the confidence is there to handle next week.

JimBHibees
27-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I would be seriously surprised if Hibs aren't being asked to name a price as Scott is that good. Top class.

EskbankHibby
27-12-2014, 08:59 PM
What a performance from this lad, effortless.

Always good to see an older, slower, *****-er player like Black just chuck it with the petted lip up against this boy with his class.

Squealing pig
27-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Oozes class and confidence . Great player best I've seen since can't remember. He will get his big move looks better than Scott Brown did at about the same age

RyeSloan
27-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Allen = Latapy

He plays the passes that others simply can't....his pass for the 4th was sheer class. Picks it up in midfield, goes past one, drives into the right hand side of the box and passes to the left without even looking and wrong footed the whole defence. Brilliant.

whiskyhibby
27-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Thought he was outstanding today and could play in any team in Scotland, and has the class to play in the EPL

#FromTheCapital
27-12-2014, 09:53 PM
How the hell did we manage to sign him? Excellent player, by far the best player in this league.

Frank Moon
27-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Allen = Latapy

He plays the passes that others simply can't....his pass for the 4th was sheer class. Picks it up in midfield, goes past one, drives into the right hand side of the box and passes to the left without even looking and wrong footed the whole defence. Brilliant.

That's exactly what I said today. The closest player to Latapy since the McLeish days. A different level than we have had in years.

Itsnoteasy
27-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Best midfield performance I've seen at Easter road since the days of Brown and Thomson.
Get him on a longer deal.

Is he worthy of a Scotland call up. Me thinks he is.

nonshinyfinish
27-12-2014, 10:07 PM
That pass for the fourth... good God. Outside of the foot, looking the other way, orgasmic.

I love you Scott.

OsloHibs
27-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Scott Allan :not worth

matty_f
27-12-2014, 10:34 PM
That pass for the fourth... good God. Outside of the foot, looking the other way, orgasmic.

I love you Scott.

I thought his pass for the third was better, totally flummoxed the defender and was the perfect pace for Robertson.

SteveHFC
27-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Is he worthy of a Scotland call up. Me thinks he is.

If Lewis MacLeod and Callum Paterson can get a call-up then Allan can

LaMotta
27-12-2014, 11:43 PM
I thought his pass for the third was better, totally flummoxed the defender and was the perfect pace for Robertson.

Ive rarely seen a player who plays so many inch perfect passes and I mean inch perfect literally! One he slipped in to Gray between two Huns in the first half for Gray to cross down the right was the best of the lot imo.

Ronniekirk
27-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Spot on was unplYable today and bossed the game Totally took the piss at times

coco22
28-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Outstanding on the ball. Up there with the cracking vision though...so strong on the ball - he swatted Ian Black in a 50:50 in the first half that made me think he was well up for the fight (as well as being a class act).

coco22
28-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Ha ha... Just watched the first minute of the highlights and the commentator used the word 'swatted' to describe the way He dealt with Black. Beautiful!

Bronson
28-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Outstanding on the ball. Up there with the cracking vision though...so strong on the ball - he swatted Ian Black in a 50:50 in the first half that made me think he was well up for the fight (as well as being a class act).

There are worse ways to endear yourself to the hibs faithful, everyone around me, myself included, absolutely loved it!

lyonhibs
28-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Quite easily the best player I've seen at Hibs this decade. Class in a glass.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2014, 12:25 AM

If these two are getting in, Allan and David Gray should both be shoo-ins.

macd123
28-12-2014, 01:48 AM
He's in the same bracket as Brown and Thomson, he's that good. What a player.

For me, he's top 3 midfielders in Scottish football at the moment, we'll do well to keep him past the summer.

I would have him over KT any day. I just hope he is still here past January. Hopefully after his last move south he will be keen to stick around for a year or so where he is loved and is the main man.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2014, 02:11 AM
I would have him over KT any day. I just hope he is still here past January. Hopefully after his last move south he will be keen to stick around for a year or so where he is loved and is the main man.

Thomson first time around was a class act as well. And he did it over a longer period than Scott Allan has managed so far. In this league he should be performing like that every week.

Big90inOz
28-12-2014, 02:51 AM
He started with Black in his back pocket, when Blacks thick head was subbed there was so much room in Scott's pocket that he must have thought " stuff it. I'll see if I can fit there whole midfield in there "

Fantastic display.

SaulGoodman
28-12-2014, 02:53 AM
Ha ha... Just watched the first minute of the highlights and the commentator used the word 'swatted' to describe the way He dealt with Black. Beautiful!

Think the phrase was "Swatted.. Like a wee fly" :hilarious

IWasThere2016
28-12-2014, 03:05 AM
I watched him before he broke through at United and it was obvious he was special. Easily the best I'd seen at that age. Delighted for him - and enjoy it while it lasts guys as I can see him returning down south before long..

Beefster
28-12-2014, 06:16 AM
I've not had a man crush like my one on Allan since Davie Farrell.

JimBHibees
28-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I've not had a man crush like my one on Allan since Davie Farrell.

I can see the similarities. :greengrin

spike220
28-12-2014, 08:30 AM
This chap provided more perfect passes in one match than KT managed the whole of last season.

For me it was the 3rd Goal that was out of the world, we had no right scoring that!! Technically perfect!

mjhibby
28-12-2014, 08:34 AM
The most gifted player since Le God. He hits 40 yard passes as if it's a training session and just purrs class. Had to laugh at the Alloa game when the guy near me said there should be two motm awards. The one Allan should always get and the one not including him. Probably the best scottish player at the moment as apart from broonie can't think of anyone as good. Once mcgeogh and farid are fit we will dole out a few scores like yesterday. If only farid hadn't got that injury. People forget we've only lost one game at er this season and were desperately unlucky to do so. Now I'll show my kids team this and tell them that's how you do it. Football as I love to see it.

Weststandwanab
28-12-2014, 08:37 AM
The more I watch that goal the more I think he has the ability to be a genius at this game called football.

I think his performance alone was worth the entry fee never mind the result.

capitals_finest
28-12-2014, 08:47 AM
As well as the guys ability, his attitude is outstanding. Watched a few Rangers players trying to intimidate him or wind him up a bit a couple of times but he just looks at them and gets on with it. Class act and great to see...

Pedantic_Hibee
28-12-2014, 09:03 AM
First I saw him in the flesh was the game against Falkirk where we got beat and I tapped my old man on the shooder and said "that boy has got it". Only five minutes had been played.........

HibbyAndy
28-12-2014, 09:28 AM
The world at his feet, He's got it all.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Oozes class and confidence . Great player best I've seen since can't remember. He will get his big move looks better than Scott Brown did at about the same age

As good as he was yesterday you're jumping the gun!

he's now the same age as Scott Brown was when he moved to Celtic. Brown had about 5 spl seasons under his belt consistently playing well.

Bronson
28-12-2014, 11:36 AM

Now? Absolutely agree. However Thomson in his first spell at hibs was a terrific player, difficult to choose between the 3 if I had to.

snooky
28-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Now? Absolutely agree. However Thomson in his first spell at hibs was a terrific player, difficult to choose between the 3 if I had to.

I think The Swatter will go on to have a far better career than Thomson. There's no comparison between the two IMO. Scott's a class above.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2014, 12:06 PM
As good as he was yesterday you're jumping the gun!

he's now the same age as Scott Brown was when he moved to Celtic. Brown had about 5 spl seasons under his belt consistently playing well.

That's exactly right. Allan needs games now. Lots of them. He can't afford to make the wrong move now and end up on the bench somewhere. Two or three seasons at Hibs could be the making of him.

Scottie
28-12-2014, 12:12 PM
The world at his feet, He's got it all.
:agree: Let's hope after next Saturday's Derby he still has both his legs and feet as the pub team will target him and kick him off the park.

Bronson
28-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I think The Swatter will go on to have a far better career than Thomson. There's no comparison between the two IMO. Scott's a class above.

Again, completely agree, but Thomson was cursed with a glass knee and some pretty terrible injuries. I'd say there's a comparison in the sense that Thomson and Brown are the hallmark of good, young midfielders at hibs in the last 30 years, and Scott Allan is the best since.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2014, 12:26 PM
That's exactly right. Allan needs games now. Lots of them. He can't afford to make the wrong move now and end up on the bench somewhere. Two or three seasons at Hibs could be the making of him.

:agree: there's lots of talk of a big money move for him on here but he needs to do it consistently for us in this league and then the spl to earn himself a real big/good move.

In reality as it stands he's been to England already and not made it and who in Scotland could afford him?

O'Rourke3
28-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Rest assured he will be knobbled within five minutes of the start of the Derby.

A big, big test, to see if we can finally boss the *******s on their own midden.

Need Stubbs to do the press conference pointing out that Allen had been targeted by Rangers and there were 3 or 4 tackles before the first booking so we are looking for a strong referee in the Derby - to put the pressure back on them and call them out for what they usually resort to when we are in a good run of form.

In his first 3 or 4 games I kept saying he's a final pass short of being easily the best player in the league. He's calibrated that final pass now. Pleasing .....

snooky
28-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Should be listed as Swatt Allan on the team sheets from now on. :wink:

Stuarty27
28-12-2014, 04:55 PM

With??

Hibeewilly
28-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I've no idea who is doing the negotiations with his Agent. Dempster and Craig I would guess from the monetary aspect

majorhibs
28-12-2014, 08:43 PM
We should all as Hibees start shouting now about this guy being in Strachans setup. As said before, the ability, the vision, the skys the limit if he keeps it going. Realistacally when players are that good they move on for the big bucks, but if, as our player, he's happy at how things are going & the prospect of the big move is still on the horizon, then we can possibly get an extra year or two, but if that fitba is on display every week, then plenty caps should be a given. Football players like Scotty Allan are few & far between. That is a special ability, & to see it in the Green & White of Hibs, well, all I can say is thanks S.A. & thanks A.S. for signing him.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Enjoy him while we can. The lads different class, if we don't lose him in January we'll lose him in the summer.

Id expect the tabloids to start printing stories about other clubs being interested very soon.

snooky
28-12-2014, 09:53 PM
We should all as Hibees start shouting now about this guy being in Strachans setup. As said before, the ability, the vision, the skys the limit if he keeps it going. Realistacally when players are that good they move on for the big bucks, but if, as our player, he's happy at how things are going & the prospect of the big move is still on the horizon, then we can possibly get an extra year or two, but if that fitba is on display every week, then plenty caps should be a given. Football players like Scotty Allan are few & far between. That is a special ability, & to see it in the Green & White of Hibs, well, all I can say is thanks S.A. & thanks A.S. for signing him.

:tsk tsk: :shhhsh!: :lips seal

majorhibs
28-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Enjoy him while we can. The lads different class, if we don't lose him in January we'll lose him in the summer.

Id expect the tabloids to start printing stories about other clubs being interested very soon.

Wee bit premature. Hopefully this footballer, who has ability aplenty, realises that where he is & where he could go are linked, but he is coming good here, expressing himself in a team with a manager that seems to be the right fit, but consistency & performing week after week at the same level are key. We all know that when he is on his game that no-one will get near him in midfield, but Strachan needs to be paying attention too, this guy should be in the Scotland setup.

weedgiehibbie
28-12-2014, 10:01 PM
The boy has been often Mr Shampoo - head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, here's hoping the board are doing all they can to tie this lad down on a long term deal and build the team around him :agree: if we can grap promotion via the playoffs all the better in terms of being able to offer a better deal and the thought of being able to sign McGeough on a permanent deal as well is quite pleasing :wink:

B.H.F.C
28-12-2014, 10:18 PM
I think we will have him for the rest of this season at least. I don't think he will be in a major rush to leave after his West Brom experience.

Not a better player in the league IMO but 10 good games in the Scottish Championship isn't going to have people bidding silly money. If he does it for the remainder of the season, particularly in the big TV games, that might change though.

Jack Hackett
28-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Wee bit premature. Hopefully this footballer, who has ability aplenty, realises that where he is & where he could go are linked, but he is coming good here, expressing himself in a team with a manager that seems to be the right fit, but consistency & performing week after week at the same level are key. We all know that when he is on his game that no-one will get near him in midfield, but Strachan needs to be paying attention too, this guy should be in the Scotland setup.

The boy has seen a few managers in his short life, and I'm sure he's been disappointed by the majority. He's now working for one who's getting the best from him and starting to put a bit of polish on his obvious talent. I get the impression he's grateful to be where he is and will be happy to stay and increase his stock for some time to come.

We're really gonna love this lad

Article in the scotsman from before the the rangers game

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/contentment-filters-through-for-hibs-scott-allan-1-3644522

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2014, 02:50 AM
Can someone please make a vine of him swatting the painter away. It was magical

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Scott Allan's the best midfielder in Scotland atm, does the simple things effortlessly and has a sublime touch.

Probably the best midfielder I've seen in a Hibs strip since Sauzee.

Cameron1875
29-12-2014, 07:53 AM
First time in his career that he's had a consistent run of games so he'd be absolutely mad to want to leave considering how easy it is for players to dwindle into League 1 in England.

Wonderful wee player to watch.
Creativity is taking the burden off Craig and Robertson too which is helping them :thumbsup:

5 Year contract please!

Hannah_hfc
30-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I didn't realise there was rumours of Rangers after him before he went to Hibs. Several huns I've seen on twitter absolutely spewing that he didn't end up there.

Definitely the best signing out a decent bunch which says it all. I hope we get a good couple seasons with him!

marleyhib
30-12-2014, 02:15 AM
He makes us tick, oozed class from day 1 and now he's fit we are seeing a real gem develop. What's so pleasing is that he makes the rest of the midfield play to their strengths and up their game he demands the ball and dictates the play. If we go up hopefully he'll stay, feel that is the key. Regardless he makes me want to go to games which over the last few years had been a struggle at times. Saturday was brilliant, SA is brilliant roll on the derby.

Beefster
30-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I didn't realise there was rumours of Rangers after him before he went to Hibs. Several huns I've seen on twitter absolutely spewing that he didn't end up there.

Definitely the best signing out a decent bunch which says it all. I hope we get a good couple seasons with him!

I seem to recall rumours at the time that Allan had chosen to come to us over The Rangers.

Oscar T Grouch
30-12-2014, 09:17 AM
I seem to recall rumours at the time that Allan had chosen to come to us over The Rangers.

The truth of the matter, as stated by SA is that the rangers never offered him a deal. We did. We win. 😜 not surprising as our manager looks like he can spot a good player, whereas fat swally could only spot a good pie and no much more.

R'Albin
30-12-2014, 09:36 AM
"I’m just happy to be playing my football at Hibs and progressing under the gaffer. A move to Rangers was talked about, but as soon as I spoke to the gaffer here, it was a no-brainer to come to here.

“The manager’s plans for the future and how I could progress and develop under him was the biggest factor in me coming to Hibs."

MontrealHibs
30-12-2014, 10:07 AM
From what I understand McCoist was after him when he went down south, but he had no offer from Rangers in the summer.

snooky
30-12-2014, 10:11 AM
He makes us tick, oozed class from day 1 and now he's fit we are seeing a real gem develop. What's so pleasing is that he makes the rest of the midfield play to their strengths and up their game he demands the ball and dictates the play. If we go up hopefully he'll stay, feel that is the key. Regardless he makes me want to go to games which over the last few years had been a struggle at times. Saturday was brilliant, SA is brilliant roll on the derby.
In a nutshell. Not only does he play well, he's raised the game of those around him.