PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to Hibs, especially George Craig.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I'll keep this short. Our over 35s team were recently playing Newcastle Civil Service in our annual Anglo Scottish Cup challenge match. I couldn't source an all weather pitch anywhere in Edinburgh or East Lothian for love nor money on a Friday afternoon due to schools and collegeshaving use of the facfacilities. I contacted George Craig to see if Hibs could offer me anything, it was my last throw of the dice and I wasn't holding out much hope. Aye no bother says George, come up and use the 3g pitch and use our changing facilities. From there on in Hibs could not have been more helpful. They welcomed us to East Mains, showed us to our changing rooms, supplied multi packs of energy drinks for half time, Stubbsy presented the cup, they provided soup and sandwiches for 35 of us served by the club chef, Gav the driver gave us a guided tour of the centre and wait for this....they even sent a minibus to and from waverley to pick up the Newcastle players free of charge. Even the non Hibbys in our group were utterly amazed at the hospitality shown by Hibs. Thanks very much Hibs for all your help. Oh aye we lost 5-4 on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

Mark79
22-12-2014, 10:04 AM
That is a brilliant display from the hibs. Well done.

lapsedhibee
22-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice to see a Hurrah! rather than a Booooooo! thread, particularly at this time of year. Let's hope that going forward in the fullness of time blabla Hurrah! threads prove to be not just for Christmas.

scuttle
22-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Touch of class from Hibs

Hibby70
22-12-2014, 10:09 AM
In not paying £400 for a season ticket to find your team's jollies!

Only joking - really good gesture from the club.

truehibernian
22-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Nice to see a Hurrah! rather than a Booooooo! thread, particularly at this time of year. Let's hope that going forward in the fullness of time blabla Hurrah! threads prove to be not just for Christmas.

FFS why didn't our captain step up and take the last pen and Handling was anonymous all game if you ask me :greengrin:faf:

Getting them in now before they start............

Seriously well done Hibs, good post Brooster, sounded like a fantastic day for all concerned - shame about the result bud. Top effort by the club :aok::aok::aok:

Pretty Boy
22-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Hibs class.

offshorehibby
22-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Excellent always good to hear Hibs going out their way to help. well done. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
22-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Well done to all, always nice to hear of good news stories about Hibs

Spike Mandela
22-12-2014, 10:21 AM
I'll keep this short. Our over 35s team were recently playing Newcastle Civil Service in our annual Anglo Scottish Cup challenge match. I couldn't source an all weather pitch anywhere in Edinburgh or East Lothian for love nor money on a Friday afternoon due to schools and collegeshaving use of the facfacilities. I contacted George Craig to see if Hibs could offer me anything, it was my last throw of the dice and I wasn't holding out much hope. Aye no bother says George, come up and use the 3g pitch and use our changing facilities. From there on in Hibs could not have been more helpful. They welcomed us to East Mains, showed us to our changing rooms, supplied multi packs of energy drinks for half time, Stubbsy presented the cup, they provided soup and sandwiches for 35 of us served by the club chef, Gav the driver gave us a guided tour of the centre and wait for this....they even sent a minibus to and from waverley to pick up the Newcastle players free of charge. Even the non Hibbys in our group were utterly amazed at the hospitality shown by Hibs. Thanks very much Hibs for all your help. Oh aye we lost 5-4 on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

What is your team? You don't say.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 10:43 AM
What is your team? You don't say.

Scottish Government Masters (Over 35s).

We play in the SFA over 35s League, Peffermill is our home venue but we may need to move to East Mains!!

smurf
22-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Excellent stuff Hibs.

Spike Mandela
22-12-2014, 11:02 AM

We play in the SFA over 35s League, Peffermill is our home venue but we may need to move to East Mains!!

My god you sound like our Overlords, lol! Good to hear Hibs treat you so well though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Fantastic Hibs!!

jacomo
22-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Well done to all, always nice to hear of good news stories about Hibs

:agree:

sleeping giant
22-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Excellent stuff.

FranckSuzy
22-12-2014, 11:28 AM
That is good to hear and what a welcome change from those at the top :aok:

brog
22-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Hibs Class! Well done to the Club & to you for publicising it!

stoneyburn hibs
22-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Great gesture from Hibs. Quality team name Brooster.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2014, 12:25 PM

Excellent stuff S. Apart from the result!

Northernhibee
22-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Tell you something, I hear the soup lacked seasoning. Typical penny pinching Petrie, boooooooooo.

Danny Handling didn't do enough with the minibus either.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Excellent stuff S. Apart from the result!

Thanks J. You wouldve slotted the deciding penalty home.

emerald green
22-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Well done to everyone involved at Hibs. The more this is publicised the better.

Brightside
22-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Tell you something, I hear the soup lacked seasoning. Typical penny pinching Petrie, boooooooooo.

Danny Handling didn't do enough with the minibus either.

There must be some way for the usual mob to find something wrong with this. Huge strides being made under those now running the club.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Glad this is being publicised.

Excellent gesture from Hibs.

worcesterhibby
22-12-2014, 01:09 PM
well done Hibs

sadtom
22-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Great to hear (not that you lost ;-) ).
Well done Hibs.

Benny Brazil
22-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Touch of class from Hibs and in particular George Craig.

JIm
22-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Shambles - why we letting these old fogeys use our facilities?

:greengrin

The Falcon
22-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Well done to everyone involved at Hibs. The more this is publicised the better.

Correct but we don't though. We just do these things and move on with no plaudits sought.

whiskyhibby
22-12-2014, 01:19 PM
That's great to hear, well done Hibs and the management team!

Leith_Hibee
22-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Correct but we don't though. We just do these things and move on with no plaudits sought.

That's the way it should be.

Hibs shouldn't do these thngs for publicity, they should do them because they are a football club who cares deeply for the community who supports them.

Smartie
22-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Hibs have rightly been pilloried for the many things they have done wrong over the past few years. You sometimes got the feeling though that people were just waiting for it so they could have ago at them for it though.

It is brilliant to hear about them doing this kind of thing. There's been a lot of cheap talk spouted by the club in the past but actions always speak louder than words.

As a club they've needed to show some goodwill to the fans without whom they would be nothing. Gestures like this go a very long way towards building positive relationships with the fans and it feels much better to be reading stories like this than the many negative ones we've had for the past few years.

Well done Hibs and GC.

woodythehibee
22-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Hibs class indeed.

Oscar T Grouch
22-12-2014, 02:30 PM
I think this sort of community thing is what LD was talking about. I would assume the team from here aren't all Hibbies, so the club have done all this because it benefits the community and not just Hibbies. Credit where credit is due. I hope there are many more stories like this coming out over the coming months. Hibs class :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
22-12-2014, 02:49 PM
That's the way it should be. Hibs shouldn't do these thngs for publicity, they should do them because they are a football club who cares deeply for the community who supports them. Exactly this. A quiet class and dignity is lost as soon as you start shouting "LOOK AT WHAT I'VE DONE!"

Lago
22-12-2014, 04:04 PM
What a terrific post. Can only echo everyone else and say well done hibs.

Hibby Bairn
22-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Gestures like this go a very long way towards building positive relationships with the fans and it feels much better to be reading stories like this than the many negative ones we've had for the past few years.

:agree:

Kaff
22-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Great stuff Hibs, follows on from LD saying she didnt want the complex being under utilised.

For interest Brooster what was the pitch like compared to equivalent in Edinburgh and would you pay to use it if that was an option?

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Fantastic story, well done Hibs. :top marks

Jonnyboy
22-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Great stuff and I bet you were like a wee laddie enjoying an early Christmas present, S :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
22-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Just wait till Petrie sends you the bill!!

TomTheHibbyBev
22-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Great stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brooster
22-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Great stuitf Hibs, follows on from LD saying she didnt want the complex being under utilised.

For interest Brooster what was the pitch like compared to equivalent in Edinburgh and would you pay to use it if that was an option?

Kaff, yes I would pay to use it regularly. It was a decent enough surface but not as good as Peffermill (the best surface around), Spartans, Pinkie or Meggatland. I class those as the best all weather pitches around. The going rate is £90 or there abouts for 2 hours, if Hibs hired it out for £100 twice a week it would be an easy £10k a year which wouldn't be too difficult given the demand for pitches especially in the winter.

bighairyfaeleith
22-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Can we get HOH take on all this please, is it just some elaborate tax dodge?

Seriously though great job by Craig and hibs and shows they are all working well together at hibs now. Certainly the feeling I got when I was lucky enough to see backstage at ER for a short period of time. You can always tell when staff are all on the same side as the management and when they are not and right now I think the staff and management at hibs are working really well together.

Kaff
22-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Kaff, yes I would pay to use it regularly. It was a decent enough surface but not as good as Peffermill (the best surface around), Spartans, Pinkie or Meggatland. I class those as the best all weather pitches around. The going rate is £90 or there abouts for 2 hours, if Hibs hired it out for £100 twice a week it would be an easy £10k a year which wouldn't be too difficult given the demand for pitches especially in the winter.

:thumbsup:

.Sean.
22-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Pleased to here S, Hibs Class :agree:

Nae doubt the serial moaners will be along putting a dampener on things, Hibs no charging for the soup or taking petrol money off the Newcastle lads or something :greengrin

Capt Mainwaring
22-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Excellent story - well done Hibs.

Jones28
23-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Terrific gesture. We are part of a special football club

KWJ
23-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Top story, thanks for sharing it.

Great work Hibs.

Kaff
23-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Terrific gesture. We are part of a special football club

This is where owning our own facility gives us the chance to really involve our support/community. Clubs renting at various complex's, whether its Riccarton, Soccerworld, Stirling Uni or whatever cannot do this so you have to imagine that anyone involved in Brooster's team will now be more disposed to encouraging their family/friends to give Hibs a 'chance' if they are looking for a team to follow.
Simplistic i know but who else in the East are able to do this?

Sir David Gray
23-12-2014, 12:38 AM
This is where owning our own facility gives us the chance to really involve our support/community. Clubs renting at various complex's, whether its Riccarton, Soccerworld, Stirling Uni or whatever cannot do this so you have to imagine that anyone involved in Brooster's team will now be more disposed to encouraging their family/friends to give Hibs a 'chance' if they are looking for a team to follow.
Simplistic i know but who else in the East are able to do this?

Hearts could do it too once they've cleared it with the third year hockey students.

lord bunberry
23-12-2014, 02:26 AM
Hearts could do it too once they've cleared it with the third year hockey students.

I'm afraid not, there's an antique fair organised with a special guest appearance from David 'The Duke' Dickinson

JimBHibees
23-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Cracking story. Well done Hibs. :flag:

PatHead
23-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Lots of good things going on and that is right up there with the best. Well done Hibs.