PDA

View Full Version : Livingston FC

Billy Whizz
24-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Sky are saying that thy are being deducted 5 points for breaching tax rules. What is this relating too, as I'm not familiar with this case

Edit, just saw this
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/livingston-charged-by-spfl/

HibbyAndy
24-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Tax

Billy Whizz
24-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Tax

Any idea how much

HibbyAndy
24-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Any idea how much

Just a murmur but im led to believe in excess of 2 Million.

Pete
24-11-2014, 05:03 PM

If that's the case then it could be goodnight Vienetta.

Mark79
24-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Have QOTS paid their taxes?

greenlex
24-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Just a murmur but im led to believe in excess of 2 Million.I'd be surprise if its that much Its the tax on player payments that hasn't been paid. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30185423

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Alex Salmond will be along soon to help out with any discussions to avoid paying taxes!

Sylar
24-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Crook after villain after charlatan have tried to bleed the club out of existence and it's at the stage now where the club rattle about in a soulless stadium with negligible support, very little income revenue but continued delusions of grandeur.

Given their dwindling fanbase and inability to run the club sustainably, someone should just put them out their bloody misery.

First Division next year without a doubt.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-11-2014, 06:09 PM
They would be as well moving back to Meadowbank. Shambles

Northernhibee
24-11-2014, 06:12 PM
We need to make it to season ebbs if they're in real trouble. If results against them become void we lose six points and five goals on GD

Sylar
24-11-2014, 06:18 PM
They would be as well moving back to Meadowbank. Shambles

Their current location is a major part of their problem and the SPL (at the time) have to take some of the blame.

They enforced the stupid requirement of 10k seater stadia and they paid a sizeable amount to upgrade Almondvale.

Of course, their cause hasn't been helped by a procession of charlatans/criminals who have sought to bleed the club dry and make a quick buck. The whole adventure of Livingston was an admirable one, seeking to Flynn and Massone should be prosecuted for their heinous efforts to run the club.

I wonder if administration mk III is going to be around the corner.

The frustrating thing is, they're clearly doing something right! Their youth programme has spawned some amazing starlets who are now Scotland internationals on a regular basis.

greenginger
24-11-2014, 06:19 PM
I see from the Companies House web site Livinston F C are operating on a voluntary arrangement basis supervised by their insolvency practitioner Douglas McGruther.

This arrangement has been ongoing since 2009.

bod
24-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Glad I stuck a tenner on them to get relegated a few weeks ago

emerald green
24-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Crook after villain after charlatan have tried to bleed the club out of existence and it's at the stage now where the club rattle about in a soulless stadium with negligible support, very little income revenue but continued delusions of grandeur.

Given their dwindling fanbase and inability to run the club sustainably, someone should just put them out their bloody misery.

First Division next year without a doubt.

Is this The Rangers you are referring to?

Bronson
24-11-2014, 06:47 PM
My local team, sad to see them in such a state. A real community club as well, always doing great schemes for school kids to get them along and support the team but sadly no one's interested anymore.

Hope they stay up this season but I've been saying for weeks they'll go down, this only cements my opinion even more.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Hopefully we can pin something on Queen of the South too and trying to dig some dirt on Hearts and Sevco shouldn't be too difficult.

We'll be champions by January. :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2014, 07:03 PM
My local team, sad to see them in such a state. A real community club as well, always doing great schemes for school kids to get them along and support the team but sadly no one's interested anymore.

Hope they stay up this season but I've been saying for weeks they'll go down, this only cements my opinion even more.

Aye, I have no problem with Livi. Their fans always seem genuine and, as you say, they've really gotten involved in West Lothian. It's sad they've been betrayed by idiotic owners over the years. I hope they come through their latest mess.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Hopefully we can pin something on Queen of the South too and trying to dig some dirt on Hearts and Sevco shouldn't be too difficult.

We'll be champions by January. :thumbsup:

Was their not something about Hearts and Rudi, that was being looked into?

Jack Hackett
24-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Was their not something about Hearts and Rudi, that was being looked into?

As you've mentioned him, hasn't it all gone quiet since Budgie took over?....Considering the slavering that was going on over the road.
Care to bet she told him to stop poncing off the club and to sling his hook? :greengrin

The_Horde
25-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Livi fans are not happy. Their board don't give a monkeys and they've not even bothered to put anything up on their main site about this. No statements or anything!

Poor. Put them out of their misery someone.

Gus
25-11-2014, 01:25 PM
With their support and financial position they should just go into the lowland league tbh imo, that's if indeed they survive at all.

As someone mentioned, some of the talent that has come out of their, McCormack, Snodgrass, Dorrans

itslegaltender
25-11-2014, 01:31 PM
With their support and financial position they should just go into the lowland league tbh imo, that's if indeed they survive at all.

As someone mentioned, some of the talent that has come out of their, McCormack, Snodgrass, Dorrans

One director is taking the others to court just now for a debt unpaid. Place is a shambles.

jacomo
25-11-2014, 02:16 PM
They should consider a ground share with our neighbours. Would generate income for them, and allow Ann Budge to cash in early on Tynecastle.

Down the line, maybe they could merge to form Heart of West Lothian FC. Perhaps with a natty yellow and maroon strip... Motherwell could then sue for copyright infringement, and get a chunk of cash to help with their own financial issues.

Everyone's a winner!

JimBHibees
25-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Whose McCormack?

HTD1875
25-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Whose McCormack?

McCormack came from the Huns academy Livingston have brought through Leigh Griffiths Robert Snodgrass, Graeme Dorrans, Andrew Halliday, Murray Davidson, Stefan Scougall, Marc McNulty

Billy Whizz
25-11-2014, 03:54 PM
McCormack came from the Huns academy Livingston have brought through Leigh Griffiths Robert Snodgrass, Graeme Dorrans, Andrew Halliday, Murray Davidson, Stefan Scougall, Marc McNulty

Mcpake?

HTD1875
25-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Mcpake?

Coll Donaldson who is currently at QPR, they must be doing something right.

DTS
25-11-2014, 04:11 PM
As I'm from livingston i don't like seeing them struggle which seems to happen every 3/4 years now, the club really do focus a lot on youth and community work. I played for a local club and they set up a partnership with us supplying us with training kit, home and away kits and giving us the training facilities twice a week to train on and on one of the nights got trained by youth players who are now first team players the Jacob twins! The club really suffer due to the old firm dragging most of the fan base and have had countless owners and board members who have just wanted to make a quick buck and leave again, never mind thinking about the club

silverhibee
25-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Alex Salmond will be along soon to help out with any discussions to avoid paying taxes!

Nah, he is still basking in the glory of ridding sectarianism in Scotland.

skipster7
25-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Nah, he is still basking in the glory of ridding sectarianism in Scotland.
Bizzare statement tbh. Cheap digs at someone who campaigned for his own countries independence unnecessary imo

AlbertK86
25-11-2014, 04:38 PM

You forgot Martin 'jimmy' Scott !!!!!!

Pete
25-11-2014, 04:46 PM
When Livingston was built the idea was that over 80% of the population would be from the slums of Glasgow. The West coast twang and allegiances remain to this day and as football is passed down from father to son I don't see anything changing. They've been fighting a losing battle from the word go and the only way to make something like that work is to chuck money at it. Their ground is far too big and their natural position in relation to their fan base is probably the third or fourth division. You just can't plonk a team into a new town and expect lots of interest as the people aren't "new".

silverhibee
25-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Bizzare statement tbh. Cheap digs at someone who campaigned for his own countries independence unnecessary imo

Yeah, i thought that as well when he said it. :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Can't get worked up at the thought of the demise of Livingston. Have played cheque book football throughout their relatively short existance.

portycabbage
25-11-2014, 09:32 PM

Wes Hoolahan was there, albeit signed from Ireland.

PatHead
25-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Can't get worked up at the thought of the demise of Livingston. Have played cheque book football throughout their relatively short existance.

and cheated us out of a cup

Bronson
25-11-2014, 09:46 PM

Behave, that's just cringey.

oldbutdim
25-11-2014, 09:47 PM

I think the case relates to bonuses ex CEO Jed Nixon paid in cash to some players.
Certainly nowhere near that amount.

mca
25-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Tesco want the Land.. :agree:

And Lidl.. :wink:

PatHead
25-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Behave, that's just cringey.

Might be but true. They were in admin when they played us but did not pay off players until after the final.

Find it really odd folk get worked up about Hearts& Rangers but don't hold it against Livingston, Gretna, Dundee, Motherwell etc. They are guilty of financial doping and have to learn to live within their means.

skipster7
25-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Yeah, i thought that as well when he said it. :wink:

He claimed to have rid Scotland of sectarianism ?? I must have missed that ;-)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Might be but true. They were in admin when they played us but did not pay off players until after the final.

Find it really odd folk get worked up about Hearts& Rangers but don't hold it against Livingston, Gretna, Dundee, Motherwell etc. They are guilty of financial doping and have to learn to live within their means.

That's a fair point. Archie, Marvin, Derek Townsley played in that final with no hope of ever sustaining that level of spending. Can't see why anyone would condone that.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2014, 10:27 PM
That's a fair point. Archie, Marvin, Derek Townsley played in that final with no hope of ever sustaining that level of spending. Can't see why anyone would condone that.

Do you mean Derek Lilley?

Looking at their squad that day, it's not hard to understand how they've suffered so much financially in recent years.

Roddy McKenzie

David McNamee
Oscar Rubio
Marvin Andrews
Emmanuel Dorado
Jamie McAllister

Lee Makel
Stuart Lovell
Burton O'Brien

David Fernandez
Derek Lilley

SUBS

Alan Main
Scott McLaughlin
William Snowdon
Jon Paul McGovern
Fernando Pasquinelli

PatHead
25-11-2014, 10:31 PM

............and David Fernandez who was returned from his Celtic loan straight after the game I think. Didn't realise Townsley played.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Do you mean Derek Lilley?

Looking at their squad that day, it's not hard to understand how they've suffered so much financially in recent years.

Roddy McKenzie

David McNamee
Oscar Rubio
Marvin Andrews
Emmanuel Dorado
Jamie McAllister

Lee Makel
Stuart Lovell
Burton O'Brien

David Fernandez
Derek Lilley

SUBS

Alan Main
Scott McLaughlin
William Snowdon
Jon Paul McGovern
Fernando Pasquinelli

Fair play, thought Townsley played for them at that time. Was just trying to make a point.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Fair play, thought Townsley played for them at that time. Was just trying to make a point.

Yeah your overall point is something I agree with. Livingston's squad at that time was unsustainable.

monktonharp
26-11-2014, 12:13 AM

Hope they stay up this season but I've been saying for weeks they'll go down, this only cements my opinion even more.:agree:I worked with a guy from that area, and he was "Celtic minded" but when Livi appeared on the scene, he changed and was determined that his wee boy was gonnae be a livi fan rather than the norm , being ran/celt in that area. maybe the real problem is, that that place (Livingston) is stuk in the middle of Edin/Glasgow. and despite the best efforts of people in charge at Livingston, wi' the best intent, they never really had a chance of splitting the age old divide, despite the fact that lots of Edinburgh,Eastcoast folk moved to Livi, we were always overwhelmed with the Glesga overspill. I quite like Livingston, my Ma and Da liked it, my Sis brought her family up there tae but there is always the divide. nothing in between

MWHIBBIES
26-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Fair play, thought Townsley played for them at that time. Was just trying to make a point.He was at Gretna when they got to their cup final, probably what you are thinking of.

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 08:35 AM

As did everybody else in the world.

Maybe it's because he actually didn't.

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 08:40 AM
I think the concept of having a Club in Livingston, that do a lot for the Community and bring through youth players, is basically a sound idea. The problem is that many of the people in charge have had delusions of grandeur and others have been just downright shysters.

For one thing, the Stadium is much larger than they'll ever need (not entirely their fault), so it's always going to look a bit strange playing there with only one side used for home Fans and the rest of the Stadium basically empty.

I have no problem with them being punished for any misdemeanours but I'd like to see them survive. Even if it means selling their Stadium and moving to a smaller one (I think that was a plan at some point)

PatHead
26-11-2014, 09:45 AM
I think the concept of having a Club in Livingston, that do a lot for the Community and bring through youth players, is basically a sound idea. The problem is that many of the people in charge have had delusions of grandeur and others have been just downright shysters.

For one thing, the Stadium is much larger than they'll ever need (not entirely their fault), so it's always going to look a bit strange playing there with only one side used for home Fans and the rest of the Stadium basically empty.

I have no problem with them being punished for any misdemeanours but I'd like to see them survive. Even if it means selling their Stadium and moving to a smaller one (I think that was a plan at some point)

Do they actually own the stadium?

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Do they actually own the stadium?

Actually, that's a good point. I think it might be owned by the Council...........

OK, so the best bet would be for the Council sell the stadium to LIDL and build a smaller one elsewhere

:wink:

EDIT: Turns out they did have plans (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/13007258) to move previously.

Sylar
26-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Actually, that's a good point. I think it might be owned by the Council...........

OK, so the best bet would be for the Council sell the stadium to LIDL and build a smaller one elsewhere

:wink:

I think Livingston own the stadium but the council own the land it's built on?

Part of the original financial burden placed on the club was the requirement to upgrade it to meet the 10k criteria and it was paid for by the club.

PatHead
26-11-2014, 10:08 AM
An ex Director of a Championship club was telling me that more bad news will break within the next week, this is the tip of the iceberg.

He doesn't expect them to see out the season.

CockneyRebel
26-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Bizzare statement tbh. Cheap digs at someone who campaigned for his own countries independencunnecessary imo

Amazing - an SNP supporter flinging around accusations of cheap shots - wee Eckie is still making them.

Bronson
26-11-2014, 11:09 AM
:agree:I worked with a guy from that area, and he was "Celtic minded" but when Livi appeared on the scene, he changed and was determined that his wee boy was gonnae be a livi fan rather than the norm , being ran/celt in that area. maybe the real problem is, that that place (Livingston) is stuk in the middle of Edin/Glasgow. and despite the best efforts of people in charge at Livingston, wi' the best intent, they never really had a chance of splitting the age old divide, despite the fact that lots of Edinburgh,Eastcoast folk moved to Livi, we were always overwhelmed with the Glesga overspill. I quite like Livingston, my Ma and Da liked it, my Sis brought her family up there tae but there is always the divide. nothing in between

Aye it's pretty much split 70:30 in terms of Rangers/Celtic fans:Hibs/Hearts fans. Rarely do you find anyone supporting another team in the area. As you say, pretty much due to the location with it being nicely slotted between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

The club did their best, but they really do struggle to bring in crowds over 1500 nowadays. A real shame cause it's a tidy wee ground they have and it's sitting there 80% empty on a match day.

AndyM_1875
26-11-2014, 12:36 PM

Were we not guilty of Financial doping when we were 18.5m in Debt in 2002?
Just a thought.:devil:

Kaiser1962
26-11-2014, 12:54 PM

We paid for it.

Sometimes wonder why we bothered though.

PatHead
26-11-2014, 12:58 PM

Nope, secured borrowing that could be met by our outgoings.

Was like going around in a Jag because we could afford it at the time. Think we traded it in for a Lada though that we have only just got rid of.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 04:03 PM

No, he claimed he would rid Scotland of sectarianism at football.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 04:05 PM
As did everybody else in the world.

Maybe it's because he actually didn't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/8509548/Alex-Salmond-sectarianism-in-Scottish-football-will-be-eradicated.html

Keith_M
26-11-2014, 04:16 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/8509548/Alex-Salmond-sectarianism-in-Scottish-football-will-be-eradicated.html

So he didn't actually say he had eradicated sectarianism from Football after all.

Saying you intend to do something and claiming to have actually done it are two very different things, I'm sure you'll agree.

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 05:31 PM
So he didn't actually say he had eradicated sectarianism from Football after all.

Saying you intend to do something and claiming to have actually done it are two very different things, I'm sure you'll agree.

What i said.

What Salmond said.

"It's going to be eradicated from football so people had better get used to that and people taking part in that will be subjected to the full force of the law."

Did he eradicate it.

skipster7
26-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Would you rather he pretended it didn't exist like countless others ?
This is a problem Scotland will be stuck with for many more generations but surely bringing it into the spotlight is better than sticking your head in the sand ?

silverhibee
26-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Would you rather he pretended it didn't exist like countless others ?
This is a problem Scotland will be stuck with for many more generations but surely bringing it into the spotlight is better than sticking your head in the sand ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjVtI2Be9vg

He certainly buried his head in the sand when this happened, not a peep from him, and he was telling folk he was going to eradicate it and here we have serving British soldiers getting involved in a hun fest sing song at Ibrox, he would have just as well pretended it didn't happen like countless others if he doesn't say something about stuff like this.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/sep/29/rangers-military

portycabbage
26-11-2014, 08:48 PM

I'm sure Preston was on the radio recently saying Livi had got someone to spy on Hibs setting up the team prior to the cup final, and they set their team up accordingly. Don't know if that qualifies as cheating but certainly sneaky.

skipster7
26-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Wasnt he behind the legislation that has upset the unwashed so much ? Not clicked your links tbh as I cant be arsed. You seem to take delight that he never rid Scotland of an age old problem during his term as FM. Taking this thread off track now so I' ll leave it there.
I quoted your post initially as im fed up with unnecessary cheap digs at a very good FM imo but thats a discussion for the holy ground :-)

portycabbage
26-11-2014, 09:02 PM
An ex Director of a Championship club was telling me that more bad news will break within the next week, this is the tip of the iceberg.

He doesn't expect them to see out the season.

Could be this?-

Livingston could face yet more turmoil on Friday when the SFA is expected to finish hearing evidence in the complex case surrounding the shareholding of Neil Rankine.
Rankine owns 50 per cent of the shares in the company which owns the club.
Livingston have been charged by the governing body of breaching five rules relating to ownership after Rankine was accused of holding interests in both fellow Championship outfit Dumbarton and League Two side East Fife.
Rankine has said publicly that he is owed money from Dumbarton after selling the business in 2008 for £1.6million. He denies having any influence at East Fife

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847706/Scottish-Championship-Livingstone-deducted-five-points-tax-breaches.html#ixzz3KDMZ9CSa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

PatHead
26-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Could be this?-

Livingston could face yet more turmoil on Friday when the SFA is expected to finish hearing evidence in the complex case surrounding the shareholding of Neil Rankine.
Rankine owns 50 per cent of the shares in the company which owns the club.
Livingston have been charged by the governing body of breaching five rules relating to ownership after Rankine was accused of holding interests in both fellow Championship outfit Dumbarton and League Two side East Fife.
Rankine has said publicly that he is owed money from Dumbarton after selling the business in 2008 for £1.6million. He denies having any influence at East Fife

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847706/Scottish-Championship-Livingstone-deducted-five-points-tax-breaches.html#ixzz3KDMZ9CSa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Could be I honestly don't know

JimBHibees
27-11-2014, 10:31 AM
What i said.

What Salmond said.

"It's going to be eradicated from football so people had better get used to that and people taking part in that will be subjected to the full force of the law."

Did he eradicate it.

His government put in place the legislation unfortunately the courts were critical of how quick in had been put through and threw out many of the cases.

Keith_M
27-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Any chance the discussions of what Alex Salmond did or did not say could be moved to another thread?

This is supposed to be about Livingston