PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Parkhead

HarpyHibby
17-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Driving through to Parkhead tomorrow, anyone with previous experience able to tell me where's best to park my car?

Que all the stories about neds taking protection money etc...

Argylehibby
17-11-2014, 10:36 PM
When we used to go through for Hibs games we parked on or around Helenvale / Dunkeld street. You will almost certainly be asked "wull ah look efter yer car big man" by someone who used to be 6 when they started the family business 20 years ago but is still going strong. Offer to pay after the game when the job is complete then drive off when he approaches post game. Bing map link below if it helps...

http://binged.it/1vl75gp

Stuarty27
17-11-2014, 10:39 PM
On friday we parked just off Tolcross Road next to the bus station, easy walk and the car was fine

street was called Drumover Drive

HarpyHibby
17-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Cheers for the replies guys. Just been let down for ticket so not going now, but ill leave this up in case anyone else is looking in!

Hibeewilly
17-11-2014, 10:47 PM
There's a car park on the left hand side on London Road just before the Celtic Supporters Club. They charge about £4 - just watch for the potholes especially if its been raining and they are full of water. Safer than in the schemes

edinburghhibee
18-11-2014, 12:24 AM
We got this on Friday night charged to park on the street for £3 someone looked after your car. **** of the earth these pricks. Health and safety smart tho wearing there yellow jackets!

lucky
18-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Park around Alexander Parade, lots of on street parking. No neds and a 10/15 minute walk to the ground

silverhibee
18-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Driving through to Parkhead tomorrow, anyone with previous experience able to tell me where's best to park my car?

Que all the stories about neds taking protection money etc...

Make sure you tell them you will square them up when you get back and to look after your car.

itslegaltender
18-11-2014, 01:31 PM
parked at helenvale and had the jakeys asking for money. In the Jock Stein stand tonight and apparently the block the back of the stadium and front of the stadium so parking this time at the retail park.

SteveHFC
18-11-2014, 01:41 PM
parked at helenvale and had the jakeys asking for money. In the Jock Stein stand tonight and apparently the block the back of the stadium and front of the stadium so parking this time at the retail park.

This :hyper:

edinburghhibee
18-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Did anyone else see all the twats fighting in the corner on Friday night about 5-6 guys all throwing poor punches at each other? Not seen it in any the papers wondering if I dreamt it 😂

Keith_M
18-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Did anyone else see all the twats fighting in the corner on Friday night about 5-6 guys all throwing poor punches at each other? Not seen it in any the papers wondering if I dreamt it 

It was mentioned in the comments section of the Scotsman but nowhere in any articles. The currently accepted truth is that there is zero trouble at Scotland games so they probably feel they can't report on actual bother *

Anyway, it was apparently a fight among Scottish fans, no Irish Fans involved.

* Note to the over-sensitive: I'm not making digs at any section of the Scotland Support, which is mostly well behaved. You can't prevent the odd nutter, though, and the media chose to paint only a rosy picture, as it suits their current agenda.