PDA

View Full Version : January

Ozyhibby
16-11-2014, 12:20 AM
We obviously need to strengthen in Jan and with the new scouting network in place 6 months now, what can we expect.
Sinclair and Kennedy back to their clubs would be an obvious start as neither is starting regularly. Frees up two wages for more able performers.
Harris out on loan? Time to bite the bullet and admit we made a mistake here.
Craig away? We can only hope.
Hopefully that will allow us to bring in another striker and a decent winger.

Shields Hibee
16-11-2014, 12:31 AM
I agree about Harris, not sure about him despite thinking he looked decent when he burst on the scene a few seasons back. Craig, well, the quicker he's allowed to leave the better as yet again today he did very little to suggest he's able to be a world beater at championship level.

Unless we see the 2 loanees starting regularly before Xmas, questions have to be asked as to whether them staying is beneficial to us or them. We need another striker as today showed were still lacking in that area when Malonga & El Alagui aren't available to start.

hibeesboii
16-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Sinclair heff Craig all out. Harris out on loan. And keep Kennedy and oxley till end of season. Try bring in a couple fresh faces with wages freed up from players leaving.

DH1875
16-11-2014, 03:25 AM
Harris out on loan, to where :confused:. IF he's not good enough for us then to where? Any lower in the leagues then its just not good enough I'm afraid :boo hoo:

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Too much too soon expected from Harris on the back of a handful of decent games then a mix of inconsistency and injury including the ludicrous position TB placed him in. Has he gone past 20 yrs yet?

We need to do better when nurturing our kids to prepare them and support them when they blaze onto the scene and importantly when they go off the boil. Maybe that will make a difference. This goes for management but we have our part to play too.

gegs70
16-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Got to agree Harris, handling even Stanton can go out on loan I'm just not sure they are good enough.

Oxley, Sinclair to go back to clubs. if offer comes in for Craig or he gets a deal elsewhere take it!

I do like Kennedy I wonder if we could have played him through the middle yesterday instead of handling? We need to increase our attacking options as we just don't score enough goals.

HibbyDave
16-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I expect NOTHING to happen until the very last day of the window.

After a great presentation about our newly improved scouting and back ground checking system, I asked a question at East Mains recently:- "Can we expect any new transfers in during the first week of the window or will it be the same as usual, scraping around on the last day of the window"?

The answer appears to be that people have to go first before we can recruit. So what's changed?

My opinion is that the board need to take a financial risk early in January and hopefully we have people trying to offload the one's we want rid off NOW. Instead, we will waste the whole month hoping for "our targets" to still be available. Then we can say " we just missed out"

HappyAsHellas
16-11-2014, 10:28 PM
A similar question was asked the night I was there and the reply was that they have players who they have been watching already. Guess we'll find out in January....

Kaiserclem
16-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Harris is simply not good enough for the Championship let alone the Premiership. Seems a likeable lad but his passing is really poor and is far too easily shoved off the ball. We need to get rid, but only if we are able to bring in better.

Handling looked really good against Rangers at Ibrox first game but looks lost playing in the hole. Not sure what his best position is but needs built up. 5yr deal? Worrying. Hopefully we find his best position as I feel he's maybe victim of simply being out of position. Yesterday we weren't using him to play through him but we bypassed him trying to ping balls for Cummings to chase, this doesn't help Handling but currently doesn't look good enough.

Sinclair showed some good touched so would like to see more of him before deciding.

Kennedy I think could progress into a cracking player, needs to get back more but would like him to stay.

Stanton, well, he needs to show more when he comes on to impress. Has the ability but still learning.

gegs70
16-11-2014, 11:47 PM
I expect NOTHING to happen until the very last day of the window.

After a great presentation about our newly improved scouting and back ground checking system, I asked a question at East Mains recently:- "Can we expect any new transfers in during the first week of the window or will it be the same as usual, scraping the around on the last day of the window"?

The answer appears to be that people have to go first before we can recruit. So what's changed?

My opinion is that the board need to take a financial risk early in January and hopefully we have people trying to offload the one's we want rid off NOW. Instead, we will waste the whole month hoping for "our targets" to still be available. Then we can say " we just missed out"

Got to agree either we trust the scouts or we lose out on the better players.....

gegs70
16-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Harris is simply not good enough for the Championship let alone the Premiership. Seems a likeable lad but his passing is really poor and is far too easily shoved off the ball. We need to get rid, but only if we are able to bring in better.

Handling looked really good against Rangers at Ibrox first game but looks lost playing in the hole. Not sure what his best position is but needs built up. 5yr deal? Worrying. Hopefully we find his best position as I feel he's maybe victim of simply being out of position. Yesterday we weren't using him to play through him but we bypassed him trying to ping balls for Cummings to chase, this doesn't help Handling but currently doesn't look good enough.

Sinclair showed some good touched so would like to see more of him before deciding.

Kennedy I think could progress into a cracking player, needs to get back more but would like him to stay.

Stanton, well, he needs to show more when he comes on to impress. Has the ability but still learning.

I feel sorry for him he was not looked after by Fenlon or butcher. We absolutely mismanaged him when he was at his lowest ebb.....

GreenLake
17-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Craig out Griffiths in.

Seveno
17-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I find it incredible how some fans write off our young talent to easily. There is no doubt in my mind that Harris and Stanton are very talented footballers who have suffered under previous management.

We now have a manager and system that knows how to nurture young talent. Unfortunately, we do not seem to have a support with any patience.

Thecat23
17-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I find it incredible how some fans write off our young talent to easily. There is no doubt in my mind that Harris and Stanton are very talented footballers who have suffered under previous management.

We now have a manager and system that knows how to nurture young talent. Unfortunately, we do not seem to have a support with any patience.

Harris though has been given plenty chances and I can't think of any supporter not wanting him to do well. Sadly he's not got it. This talent some folk keep talking about what is it based on? One game? 2 games? He's played countless times and for me done virtually nothing! How long to we persist with someone who contributes nothing.

Seems these days folk can't talk about poor players without getting accused of "sticking the boot in" I want all players to do well but regardless of age some just don't cut it and we have dropped so far down folk are excepting bang average players.

I'd punt him and I'd put money on he doesn't make it anywhere else and will play lower league football for most of his days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
17-11-2014, 10:31 AM
We desperately need another striker. The Heff is a waste of a jersey (when did he last score a goal?) and Cummings is yet to convince.

We currently have one fit, decent striker but he's just been called up by his country.

I expect there'll be another Griffiths Signing thread popping up soon to keep us amused for January.

Northernhibee
17-11-2014, 10:33 AM
We desperately need another striker. The Heff is a waste of a jersey (when did he last score a goal?) and Cummings is yet to convince.

We currently have one fit, decent striker but he's just been called up by his country.

I expect there'll be another Griffiths Signing thread popping up soon to keep us amused for January.

To answer your question Heff scored at Livi.

Keith_M
17-11-2014, 10:38 AM
To answer your question Heff scored at Livi.

Cheers, I'd forgotten about that

I take it all back, Heff must stay :wink:

brog
17-11-2014, 04:21 PM
A similar question was asked the night I was there and the reply was that they have players who they have been watching already. Guess we'll find out in January....

Well done, the only semi positive post on this thread. Nearly every other post is critical of our young players & suggesting we get rid of them with not one suggestion, realistic or otherwise as to who we should bring in to replace them. FWIW I'm also disappointed & frustrated with AH but there's mitigating factors. He played 2 outstanding games, vs Falkirk & Yams at end of season before last. He then got badly crocked in the 1st game of last season & returned as a potential teenage saviour to the shambles that TB/MM had created. He's had very little game time this season & only started on Sat because of injuries to 2 midfield & 2 forward first team starters. I believe it's way too early to write him off.
OK, so who should we be looking at bringing in in Jan?

ancient hibee
17-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Well done, the only semi positive post on this thread. Nearly every other post is critical of our young players & suggesting we get rid of them with not one suggestion, realistic or otherwise as to who we should bring in to replace them. FWIW I'm also disappointed & frustrated with AH but there's mitigating factors. He played 2 outstanding games, vs Falkirk & Yams at end of season before last. He then got badly crocked in the 1st game of last season & returned as a potential teenage saviour to the shambles that TB/MM had created. He's had very little game time this season & only started on Sat because of injuries to 2 midfield & 2 forward first team starters. I believe it's way too early to write him off.
OK, so who should we be looking at bringing in in Jan?

:top marksI seem to remember the number of people on here who were keen for Griffiths to be shipped back as soon as possible in his first spell.Young players are up and down it's only exceptional ones who can do it week in week out.This is the first season that any of our youngsters have had decent coaching at first team level-give them time.

sesoim
17-11-2014, 11:42 PM
We definitely need another striker, and maybe a more permanent keeper. Every year I suggest on here that we should look at the Scandinavian market at this time of year, as a lot of players are out of contract, yet we never do, while teams like Motherwell have done so and done well out of it.

I don't think it is totally negative to suggest players like Harris and Stanton go out on loan, as in Harris's case he really did look a good prospect, but clearly needs a change of scene to build confidence. Heff does need to go though, and it is pointless keeping Craig if we wont play him in a more advanced role where he can score goals. I'd give Craig a run in the position Handling is currently in and if he still doesn't do enough, I'd punt him in the window.

Billychaotic182
18-11-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping it's not a month filled with more Griffiths talk and then us all getting upset when he inevitably doesn't sign. I'd like to see us sign Dylan McGeogh permanently. Bring in another Keeper and another right back.

jacomo
18-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Heff, Handling and Harris will all be here past January I expect, 2 kids and a veteran, we should encourage them and see where it gets us.

I imagine Sinclair might go back, that should give us some flexibility to do something up front. Let's hope Oxley stays and Farid comes back quicker than expected.

Tbh I liked the fact that Liam Craig said he wanted to stay this season and make amends but it's just not working. Don't know if it's wages or whatever but I hope AS is encouraging him to move on - we need a Claros-type to do the simple stuff in midfield and stay on the front foot. If we win the ball back quicker we increase the pressure in these teams who come to ER to sit in and can turn draws into wins.

Oh, and if we can get more cover in defence that would obviously help.

Billy Whizz
18-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Stubbs said on Sportsound last night that we would be strengthening in January. The plan is still to go up, either automatically or via the play offs!

jacomo
18-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Stubbs said on Sportsound last night that we would be strengthening in January. The plan is still to go up, either automatically or via the play offs!

:thumbsup:

Stubbs is an ambitious guy. Let's hope Hibs can back him.

ancient hibee
18-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Stubbs has certainly got an eye for a player at this level(wonder when his pal Rooney is coming?).