PDA

View Full Version : Harris out on loan?

15-11-2014, 06:01 PM
The boy has ability but every time he gets the ball I can't help but think that he looks absolutely terrified. No confidence at all and just looks timid. We have seen before what he is capable of but since his spell out injured he hasn't been the same. Does anyone else reckon that perhaps a loan spell out to a 2nd or 3rd division club might be beneficial for him? I think maybe a loan spell where he can play week in week out and hopefully build up a bit of fitness and most importantly his confidence again.

When he's on top form he's very exciting to watch and has the quick feet and the pace to beat defenders but at the moment he just looks far too light weight and practically terrified with the ball at his feet.

Heisenberg
15-11-2014, 06:03 PM
His first thought when getting the ball is to cut back and find a pass in field. No interest in taking a man on anymore! I'd agree a loan out would be a good move at this point.

Pretty Boy
15-11-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure.

Last season everyone was saying a loan move to a 1st division club would do him the world of good, now he's at a 1st division club and still looks poor.

Personally I think it's a mental thing with Harris. He really needs to get over that injury, if he needs help with that psychologically then he should get it. Yes it was a bad tackle but many, many players young and old have had bad injuries and a hell of a lot of them have come back quicker and better than Harris has.

Andy74
15-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Not convinced he's actually any good.

Beefster
15-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Nor am I. Living on one game against what was, at the time, a lower league team.

15-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Nor am I. Living on one game against what was, at the time, a lower league team.

I agree that his finest moment was in the Falkirk semi-final but I definatly thought that between that game and his injury he looked very promising and exciting. I definatly think there is ability in there somewhere but for some reason he has lost his sharpness and his threat and like i say, seems to have become very timid.

Albanian Hibs
15-11-2014, 06:37 PM
The boy has ability but every time he gets the ball I can't help but think that he looks absolutely terrified. No confidence at all and just looks timid. We have seen before what he is capable of but since his spell out injured he hasn't been the same. Does anyone else reckon that perhaps a loan spell out to a 2nd or 3rd division club might be beneficial for him? I think maybe a loan spell where he can play week in week out and hopefully build up a bit of fitness and most importantly his confidence again.

When he's on top form he's very exciting to watch and has the quick feet and the pace to beat defenders but at the moment he just looks far too light weight and practically terrified with the ball at his feet.

Does he have the ability though?

Weststandwanab
15-11-2014, 06:38 PM
The title of the thread is two words too long.

If Stubbs charged him very time he passed or moved backwards he would owe Hibs money.

Pete
15-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure.

Last season everyone was saying a loan move to a 1st division club would do him the world of good, now he's at a 1st division club and still looks poor.

I'm not sure if you meant that as a joke but I liked it. :greengrin

lucky
15-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Really where could he go on too? He's not good enough for the championship, so he would be looking at a part time club. Like many off the present team Hibs will be the peak off their career

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 07:08 PM

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
15-11-2014, 07:37 PM
who was it that gave the young laddie a forever long contract ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 08:03 PM
We've had a few players go off the boil in my lifetime but I've never seen anything as bad as this. It's like watching a different player entirely! Don't think it can even be a confidence thing anymore.
It's a bit of a myth to say he only had one good game against Falkirk. He looked lovely in almost every game he played at the end of that season. Great on his debut when he came on against Hearts at ER, brilliant at Tynie in our 2-1 win, great first half at Killie when he scored in the abandoned game. He used to just glide past players with ease. Looks like he couldn't glide past a traffic cone now

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 08:05 PM
*lively in every game that should say. Lovely as well though 😊

Lee Marvin
15-11-2014, 08:10 PM
He is never a football player in a million years.

theonlywayisup
15-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Give it a rest.

He has potential, does not show it. But we don't have a lot of options, today showed that.

Why not try and support him? Radical, I know!

Broken Gnome
15-11-2014, 08:20 PM
He is never a football player in a million years.

Apart from when he was, of course. Less than a million years ago.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2014, 08:22 PM
He's not very good and has the heart of a mouse.
Him and Handling are the new Callum Booth.

iwasthere1972
15-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Might be proved wrong but I don't think he's got a future with us. Had a few decent games in what feels like decades ago but the laddie can't tackle, take on a defender or cross.

Either out on loan or out completely. He's doing absolutely nothing for the team and should have been substituted earlier than he was today.

Lee Marvin
15-11-2014, 08:25 PM
He's not very good and has the heart of a mouse.
Him and Handling are the new Callum Booth.

4 years for handling is clearly some kind of sick joke. That's up there with Moyes giving nani a 5year deal at United.

15-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Give it a rest.

He has potential, does not show it. But we don't have a lot of options, today showed that.

Why not try and support him? Radical, I know!

Every time he pulls on a hibs jersey, like with every other hibs player, I will support him 100%. My point was that I think he would benefit from a loan spell away and in turn hopefully come back to us a much fitter, more confident player.

sbell1875
15-11-2014, 08:35 PM
I've nothing against Harris but for me it's clear he simply isn't good enough for Hibs or Premiership and Championship.

His ankle injury has destroyed all the early promise and his confidence has suffered irreparably.

Strongest 11 I think we're a match for anyone but 2 or 3 players down and I'm afraid we're simply not good enough. That's Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton & Queens all came to Easter Road sat in and said "come on and break us down" and we've been unable to.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Every time he pulls on a hibs jersey, like with every other hibs player, I will support him 100%. My point was that I think he would benefit from a loan spell away and in turn hopefully come back to us a much fitter, more confident player.

Thing is, he's doing well for the 20's. If we were to punt him out on loan then he would be playing at a fairly similar level. He's playing for a big fish in a small pond at the moment and still looks completely lost

FamousSix
15-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I think he has been reasonable coming on late for 10-15 minutes and was allowing him to rebuild some confidence.

Starting today was a bad shout by Stubbs. He was upfront with other young players in Handling and Cummings and his
confidence disappeared very quickly. He is afraid to put in a tackle and should never start a game until is confidence is
back.

Does he have a future with Hibs. I will reserve judgement.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2014, 08:49 PM

Nah, he had some great games at the end of that season - e.g. hearts away when he ripped up McHattie for arsepaper. OK bottom 6 games but he looked the part in all of them, not just the semi.

That was the final straw today for me though - Stubbs maybe thinks he can't play wide now but he's not doing in in attacking midfield, support striker or whatever. So disappointing.

DaveF
15-11-2014, 09:04 PM
He has the pace to cause defenders problems but he is so lacking in confidence that he's not even trying to take anyone on. Therefore, he is a wasted jersey which should go to someone like Stanton, Lewis Allan or Sinclair.

Shame, but he's nowhere near first team material and given our position in the leagues that's a piss poor assessment of his form.

silverhibee
15-11-2014, 09:21 PM

A loan spell to who though, Forfar, Ayr Utd, i don't no, he should be stepping up this season, I'm not buying the "lacking in confidence any more" he is fully fit playing in a unbeaten side and he is struggling to do anything of note in games and we are playing in the Championship against some part time sides as well and it is just not happening for him.

I said it at the start of the season that this is a massive season for the young guys at the club, (Harris Stanton Handling Cummings and Forster) and they would need to prove there worth in this league, so far only two have shown that and one of them is injured, I'm not writing any of them of yet but a few of them need to get the finger out and show the potential they have shown in the past or they might not be at Hibs next season, they need to start raising there game sharpish.

ekhibee
15-11-2014, 09:41 PM
4 years for handling is clearly some kind of sick joke. That's up there with Moyes giving nani a 5year deal at United.
I have to agree with this, I can't see how he's earned that kind of contract.

eastterrace
15-11-2014, 09:42 PM
he has had too many chances and has failed to live up to the early promise, time to move on he aint going to make it, another jamie mccluskie im afraid.

Sir David Gray
15-11-2014, 09:46 PM
It's a shame that he's in the public glare at the moment as he's clearly nowhere near the level that should be expected of a first team player at Hibs.

Obviously injuries have meant that Harris has to play right now but he's contributed very little for a long time now and there has to come a time when Stubbs should be considering sending him out on loan somewhere for six months.

eastterrace
15-11-2014, 09:51 PM
It's a shame that he's in the public glare at the moment as he's clearly nowhere near the level that should be expected of a first team player at Hibs.

Obviously injuries have meant that Harris has to play right now but he's contributed very little for a long time now and there has to come a time when Stubbs should be considering sending him out on loan somewhere for six months.

why send him out on loan he just wont make the grade playing how he is. if he was good enough then let him show it but im sorry when he is in the team we are playing with a man down.

J-C
16-11-2014, 01:34 AM

I've said this on numerous threads about him, he came from nowhere in the youth set up, no one had really heard of him and he had a few very good games but that is it. I think he's a decidely average player who showed glimpses of being good, not hungry enough to make it to the top, seemingly a good rugby player at school so you wonder why he bottles it whenever someone goes near him.

Not In The Know
16-11-2014, 01:53 AM
I must admit when he burst into the first team I thought he was a talented player. But since his injury he has been at best a 5 out of ten on most performances.

Thst aside how good is Steven fletcher these days. I mind him getting dogs abuse on here while he was with us.

Thecat23
16-11-2014, 03:13 AM
Look there is cutting players slack and then there Harris and Handling. Both two of the poorest players to pull on a shirt.

Sick of the lets give them time, can someone please tell me what Harris brings to the table?? Can't tackle, can't shot, can't pass can't score!! Please add any more.

I've watched some teams in my days of watching hibs and these two impostors can bolt!!!

Harris is **** Handling is ****, sorry for saying how it Is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
16-11-2014, 04:18 AM
No heart, passion, drive, pride or commitment. What a coward.

H18Y GW
16-11-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm not a booer of players and Mcgivern and at times Craig drove me insane , but that's because they were better than they showed ..

If we lose the Falkirk goal in the semi , we're dealing with the most frightened headless chicken that has donned a strip for a long time , he makes AOB look like Angel Di Maria..

I'm not overjoyed to say it but frankly it's true , as for potential ,I've the potential to be John Holmes just lacking the assets

gegs70
16-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I do like Harris but the his confidence us gone. Hibs really have Let him down by playing him before he was ready, Butcher said he should not be playing in the first team but continued to play him.

In my opinion loan him out to a team like berwick etc and let him find his confidence again....

Winston Ingram
16-11-2014, 09:02 AM
A blind man could see the boy has talent, but his confidence his low. His performance seemed to deteriorate 2nd half when he was playing in front of the East.

fishybeaver
16-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Boys only 19 ffs give him a chance. Why is he being singled out? He was no worst than the majority of the team yesterday...but the pitch forks are out. 3 managers have played Harris now so there is obvious talent there. We should be backing these young guys like it or not Stanton, Harris, Foster,Handling are all on long term deals and are here to stay.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 10:25 AM
He can't be so scared to have the ball when doing training because if he was he surely wouldn't be getting picked by stubbs.

B.H.F.C
16-11-2014, 10:49 AM
A blind man could see the boy has talent, but his confidence his low. His performance seemed to deteriorate 2nd half when he was playing in front of the East.

I didn't think he reached a level where he was able to deteriorate yesterday. It was like playing with a man short for the whole time he was on the pitch. Contributed nothing. Shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

How long do we give him to get his confidence back? He's now been back from injury for 10 months.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I didn't think he reached a level where he was able to deteriorate yesterday. It was like playing with a man short for the whole time he was on the pitch. Contributed nothing. Shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

How long do we give him to get his confidence back? He's now been back from injury for 10 months.

Times up for me, he's had his chance.

hibsdaft
16-11-2014, 11:11 AM
ideally we would be able to loan him out for a season to a Championship side near Edinburgh to gain confidence. not too far from home but away from the pressure and glare at Hibs. Livingston maybe. obvious problem with that being we're now in that division ourselves.

he needs the confidence to take risks.

eastterrace
16-11-2014, 12:28 PM
ideally we would be able to loan him out for a season to a Championship side near Edinburgh to gain confidence. not too far from home but away from the pressure and glare at Hibs. Livingston maybe. obvious problem with that being we're now in that division ourselves.

what makes you think livingston would want him or any team for that matter, i just dont get this he is only 19 and still young stuff. why cant he not take the risks at hibs , maybe try beating a man now and again but no he just gets rid of the ball as soon as he gets it, he just contributes nothing.

Eyrie
16-11-2014, 01:26 PM

What concerns me is that Harris is now in the Championship with a side in Edinburgh, and not only struggles when in the team but struggles to get in the team in the first place.

This season is make or break for the likes of him, Handling and Stanton - if they can't cut it at this level then they won't be good enough for us in the top flight. Everyone wants to see them make it, but the problem is that we're not seeing enough promise in their performances.

Cod Boy
16-11-2014, 01:28 PM
He will end up like Jamie McCluskey

PeeJay
16-11-2014, 06:24 PM
I think all young players stall at some point in their development and they need good coaching/ management to push them on further. Maybe Harris' problem (and the other youngsters for that matter) is that we don't have that at the club? I mean either has has talent and we - as a club can develop it - or he hasn't and therefore he shouldn't be in the team or at the club. This applies to the other youngster too, I guess.

woodythehibee
16-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Look there is cutting players slack and then there Harris and Handling. Both two of the poorest players to pull on a shirt.

Sick of the lets give them time, can someone please tell me what Harris brings to the table?? Can't tackle, can't shot, can't pass can't score!! Please add any more.

I've watched some teams in my days of watching hibs and these two impostors can bolt!!!

Agreed. And both likely to be on good wages after their respective new deals.

KeithTheHibby
17-11-2014, 07:43 AM
He has no heart, doesn't get involved and I can't remember the last time he went past a player or did anything positive in a Hibs jersey.
He's as good as a man short and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. If Stubbs released him today I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

KeithTheHibby
17-11-2014, 07:44 AM

His confidence is low? How long has this line been trotted out?

KeithTheHibby
17-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Handling at least gets involved, I'll give him credit for that however as for Harris....at times you forget he's playing.

Thecat23
17-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Handling at least gets involved, I'll give him credit for that however as for Harris....at times you forget he's playing.

Handling defo tries where Harris hides in most games! Both wouldn't be near the first team if we weren't in such a mess.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2014, 08:39 AM
When Harris broke through you would have thought here we go we've got a real prospect here. His progress has stopped in fact he's a worse player now than he was 2 years ago. How is that possible.?

If it's a confidence thing then send him to see a shrink or something. He's no use to us the way he is just now that's for sure.

Stuarty27
17-11-2014, 05:00 PM
The least you expect from a player is effort and hunger.

Harris showed none of this on Saturday.

Whenever he got the ball he wanted to get rid of it as quickly as he could. Constantly passing the buck.

He should of been taking off at halftime and his 2nd half performance he just got worse and worse to the point he was hiding. That's unacceptable IMO.

To be fair I thot Stanton has been poor this year but he never hides and always looks for the ball. Harris is a complete loss cause at the minute and should either be left in the under 20s or freed.

TheFamous1875
17-11-2014, 05:09 PM
When Harris broke through you would have thought here we go we've got a real prospect here. His progress has stopped in fact he's a worse player now than he was 2 years ago. How is that possible.?

If it's a confidence thing then send him to see a shrink or something. He's no use to us the way he is just now that's for sure.

Sports psychology is a very valuable asset to have for all players. Not only is he disappointing, his personal self-esteem must be rock bottom as he knows he can be a very good player. How he's regressed to such a poor level is no bigger indicator that this club has been ill-run. We potentially have a very good player on our hands and he's been left to the slaughter. With therapy, our whole squad could be turned into ultra confident players who're up for the fight and won't back down.

It's in the head where the player needs to be at his best. I really hope Hibs are taking sports psychology very seriously, as it's a big part of the game and it's especially needed when your players (I include Craig in this) are performing so far below their standards and those of the clubs.

Smartie
17-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't like giving the young guys grief but I have to say that he's trying my patience.

We are a big club in this league and there is pressure on us to win every week, he's either up to it or not.

If he can't do it at this level, against these teams, where has he got to go and what has he got to do to become good enough to offer us something?

Someone mentioned Alan O'Brien above and I have to say that he's starting to remind me of him. We all want to like him and can see that there is an asset there (the pace) but somehow the person who possesses that pace has no idea how to use it. It started out that it looked like a confidence issue and is looking as time goes by to be more of an ability issue.

In the run up to the game on Saturday I suggested that he started up front, playing on the shoulder of the last defender with Cummings a bit deeper. At least he might get to hurt teams with his pace there? He most certainly isn't a winger because he can't/won't beat a man and his delivery is honking.

In his defence, most of his appearances have been when we've been down to the bare bones and he's not been the only player struggling in the team - see Handling, Kennedy, Cummings and Heff from Saturday. I'd like to see him in a decent team, playing well. He looked half-decent when he came on at Ibrox for example.

Ronniekirk
17-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I think he has been reasonable coming on late for 10-15 minutes and was allowing him to rebuild some confidence.

Starting today was a bad shout by Stubbs. He was upfront with other young players in Handling and Cummings and his
confidence disappeared very quickly. He is afraid to put in a tackle and should never start a game until is confidence is
back.

Does he have a future with Hibs. I will reserve judgement.

Agree with this ,posted during the game on Saturday I thought starting with Kennedy and Harris was a mistake .i have no idea what has happened to him but injury and confidence and Butchers mismanagement of him all contributed ,but time has moved on and yet still we just aren't seeing the best of him and he must know that himself .