PDA

View Full Version : Yams Sectarian Singing At The End

ChooseLife
26-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Can they expect a fine from their friends at the SPFL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA&list=UUWZL3s2YIzAUlWwxGZTN5BQ

26-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Would you expect anything less from those despicable, wannabe huns?

Horrible horrible set of fans

Pretty Boy
26-10-2014, 02:51 PM
They really are a layer of dirt or froth on the surface of a liquid.

Kato
26-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Funny wee men hiding in a crowd pretending to be big men.

CraigHibee
26-10-2014, 03:03 PM
loud and clear after the whistle, dirty bigoted ****

Pete
26-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Nothing will happen. Have oldco or newco ever been pulled up?

Welcome to Scotland.

S4uzee
26-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't even film hearts fans tbh

Bostonhibby
26-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Welcome to Scotland.

Wee Eck never did stamp it out, over to you Nicola. I won't hold my breath. Scotlands' shame

MSK
26-10-2014, 03:17 PM
The filthy yam tramps wont be hard to point out ....they will be the ones wi the flies buzzing around them ..

ChooseLife
26-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Welcome to Scotland.
IIRC both Hearts and old Rangers have been fined for this in the past when video footage surfaces.

emerald green
26-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Hands up anyone who thinks there is a large element in the Yams support who are as bad as, or even worse than, the Huns?

Very Hun-like behaviour today from the Yams, i.e. they sat there all afternoon and not a peep out of them until they got out of jail right at the death and that's the signal for a blast of sectarian singing.

BTW well done to the Hibs support today. Great backing given to the team again. Just no justice as far as the result went.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2014, 03:41 PM
hertz fans have always aspired to be like their big cousins from Govan :agree: they just couldn't control their wee bit of excitement at the end

Elephant Stone
26-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Strange bunch, they salvage a point from nowhere with what was admittedly a sublime goal and they celebrate by singing that. Sad.

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 03:54 PM
we will get the, 'it was a minority who were singing' line getting trotted out. Absolute vermin one and all.

Kato
26-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Hands up anyone who thinks there is a large element in the Yams support who are as bad as, or even worse than, the Huns?

There's a facade many of them put on but for most it's a thin veneer of normality masking an ingrained bigotry.

The huns are honest.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Never mind the politicians, we should take this straight to new HOMFC owners and ask them for a statement. Not allowed and not wanted in our ground. If the club owners or management do not publicly condem this, then we should not let any of then back in.

Aldo
26-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Hands up anyone who thinks there is a large element in the Yams support who are as bad as, or even worse than, the Huns? Very Hun-like behaviour today from the Yams, i.e. they sat there all afternoon and not a peep out of them until they got out of jail right at the death and that's the signal for a blast of sectarian singing. BTW well done to the Hibs support today. Great backing given to the team again. Just no justice as far as the result went.

Tbh there is a group especially when they are at home that are situated in the front corner if the ***** hole stand. Links to combat 18 .... Chelsea head hunters. A guy I used to go to school with is part of it.

Lowest of the low.

From top to bottom they are **** plain and simples.

O and vandalising the ground the nite before a derby now that is classy

Cabbage East
26-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Mutants. Launching coins at bairns after they scored too.

Gatecrasher
26-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Where was our no nonsense stewards during this then?
quick enough to bully our own support though.

hibee92
26-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Also heard the "apart from Hibs, jews and pakis" at the very end.

Hate even writing that.

Diclonius
26-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Clearly singing "fenian blood" rather than "Hibee blood", as per usual.

Wonder how the Catholic Hearts fans in the crowd felt about that?

26-10-2014, 07:17 PM
we will get the, 'it was a minority who were singing' line getting trotted out. Absolute vermin one and all.

Yes im sure that old line will be trotted out again. Well I was at the game and can assure you that it certainly wasn't a "minority".

Utter vermin

26-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Also heard the "apart from Hibs, jews and pakis" at the very end.

Hate even writing that.

My mate got called a "dirty fenian *******" on ER today by a group of hearts tramps

Ricky Bobby
26-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Looking over on kickback there seem to be a few of them that are embarrassed by their own. Unfortunately these are the ones in the minority not the ones singing.

nomad
26-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Wee Eck never did stamp it out, over to you Nicola. I won't hold my breath. Scotlands' shame
How can you help stamp it out. Don't blame week Eck and over to you as we are better together.

So how do you stamp out sectarian chants? I wont hold my breath

inglisavhibs
26-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Would you expect anything less from those despicable, wannabe huns?

Horrible horrible set of fans
never heard them till they scored. pretty vile bunch.

Stranraer
26-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Thought that's what they were singing. Just to be sure, Kilmarnock fans sing the "Killie boys" and sing about being up to their knees in Ayrshire blood or something.

I hate every version of that chant, which originated from Old Co. fans singing praise of Billy Fullerton.

JimBHibees
26-10-2014, 08:08 PM
How can you help stamp it out. Don't blame week Eck and over to you as we are better together.

So how do you stamp out sectarian chants? I wont hold my breath

They were pretty much stamped out when Uefa took an interest. It cut The Rankers song book by 95%. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it originates with another Billy. Not sure if it's King, Billy who got subbed today though.

Elephant Stone
26-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Wonder how the Catholic Hearts fans in the crowd felt about that?

I've genuinely never heard anyone sing a 'Hibee blood' version in my life . Seems to be the convenient excuse used by their bigot apologist fans. Total myth.

Patatango
26-10-2014, 08:33 PM
I've genuinely never heard anyone sing a 'Hibee blood' version in my life . Seems to be the convenient excuse used by their bigot apologist fans. Total myth.

Apart from a few easily offended fitbaw fans, i've never really heard anyone complain about this crap.
Yours,
A fenian brother

JD

weonlywon6-2
26-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Can they expect a fine from their friends at the SPFL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA&list=UUWZL3s2YIzAUlWwxGZTN5BQ

You should send that to the media,at least they might publish so.ething and force the useless sfa to do something about it

Chibs
26-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Apart from a few easily offended fitbaw fans, i've never really heard anyone complain about this crap.
Yours,
A fenian brother

JD

So you think ******, paki, chinky are acceptable too then.

Baader
26-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Absolute embarrassment of a club.

ChicagoHibee
26-10-2014, 10:58 PM

Wonder how the one Catholic Hearts fan in the crowd felt about that?

Fixed it for you.

EdinMike
26-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Welcome to Scotland.

Yuuup...

Diclonius
26-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Fixed it for you.

I've always been under the impression that there is little to no differences in religious demographics between Hibs and Hearts fans.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Forward the video to the spfl, the sun, the record and the Scotsman. Not even Stuart Bathgate can hide away from this one.

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2014, 01:23 AM
There's a very unpleasant mini Hun section within the Hearts support whose sectarianism and far right views should have no place in a civilized society. The most important thing for us is to refuse to engage and to stand above it. We're better than that. All are welcome.

Pete
27-10-2014, 02:22 AM
Yuuup...

So either newco or oldco have been punished for singing the billy boys song by the Scottish authorities.

Really?

When was this as a precedent has surely been set and we now know what punishment hearts can expect.

Slicer
27-10-2014, 02:35 AM
http://www.scotzine.com/2012/12/rangers-fans-sing-sectarian-billy-boys-song-at-queens-park-game/

Don't hold your breath. The last paragraph in the link says it all. Video evidence also in the link, you may want to turn up your speakers so you can just about make out the vocal minority...

"Rangers fans travelled the short distance to Hampden with 30,117 fans taking in the match which Rangers won 1-0, thanks to a goal from Fraser Aird.

However, the Scottish Football League and the Scottish FA will take a dim view of the way that the Rangers support celebrated that goal and that victory though.

As soon as Aird’s shot hit the back of the net, Rangers fans belted out the sectarian Billy Boys song for all to hear – in the stadium, via the live TV coverage and radio commentary. The above footage shot by a Rangers fan captures the away support singing the song and in significant numbers.

A Rangers fan on the popular Rangers messageboard Rangersmedia, calling themselves ‘More Than a Fan’ said: “I think every Rangers fan sang it. We scored and as the teams were running back to kick off again that’s when it started.

“It’s f***ing sad when you have people on here [forum] saying if we change this and that word it will be fine. It’s fine the way it is. It’s about time people started to not give t[w]o f***s about what people say in this poxy country.”

It was also briefly referred to by Herald journalist Richard Wilson in his match report. The only mainstream journalist to refer to it despite it’s banned status and how vocal the away support was.

In 2006, Europe’s football governing body UEFA ordered the Ibrox side to make a public announcement at all of their home games prohibiting the chanting of the song “Billy Boys”.

The song was originally sung in the 1920s celebrating the Brigton Protestant gang led by Billy Fullerton, who often clashed with Catholic gangs.

There are different variations sung by other SPL club supporters, including Kilmarnock and Hearts, however it has been predominantly associated with the Rangers support, who sing the line ‘We’re up to our knees in fenian blood’, which according to the authorities makes the song offensive and in breach of the Offensive Behaviour in Football Bill.

Despite its banned status, another Rangers fan calling themselves Islandblue added: “Great to hear it ringing round Hampdump [Hampden Park] after the goal.Our best song ever and should be brought back. It’s more than a song. I was brought up with this song and to me it sums up Rangers. Our enemies hate it and for me that is a good enough reason to bring it back.”

Others claimed that the song was sung, but without the ‘up to our knees in fenian blood’ reference, while some commenters on the social network side twitter stated that it wasn’t sung at all.

The Scottish Football League were unavailable for comment."

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 06:14 AM
"...............
The Scottish Football League were unavailable for comment."

That'll be the reaction to the Hearts' sectarian singing as well.

Slicer
27-10-2014, 06:23 AM
It seems only the Herald journalists (Spiers and Wilson) will pass comment on it. If the media don't comment on it, the powers that be don't have to act. If they don't have to act they don't upset The Rangers.

Rangers were fined 13,000 by UEFA and told not to sign the Billy Boys in 2011..... Unacceptable in Europe, banter in Scottish society.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/5064472.stm

Rangers have been ordered to make a public announcement at all of their home games prohibiting the chanting of the song "Billy Boys".
The instruction comes from Uefa as one of a number of directives aimed at stamping out sectarianism.

Rangers were fined £13,000 for the sectarian behaviour of their fans at a recent Champions League match.

And Rangers chairman David Murray has already met with supporters groups to make sure their fans comply.

The Rangers Assembly, fanzine and website Follow Follow and the Supporters Trust were all represented at the Murray Park meeting on Thursday evening.

Murray said: "These supporters' groups represented should be applauded for coming forward in recognition of the importance of this issue.

All parties are united in a bid to silence the minority that continue to tarnish the reputation of Rangers Football Club
Rangers statement

"I am delighted at the progress we made.

"Over the last two years, the club has strove fervently under the banner of 'Pride over Prejudice' working with the authorities to impose indefinite and lifetime bans.

"I look forward in the coming weeks to implementing some of the actions that were discussed.

"It is absolutely clear to all concerned that all supporters need to commit to silencing the minority."

The meeting followed receipt of Uefa's written grounds for fining Rangers following the tie against Villarreal.

Uefa also ordered Rangers to "anounce measurable targets in order to reduce sectarian behaviour amongst its supporters".

And it instructed the Glasgow club to prove the success of its measures through statistics communicated to the public.

Rangers have warned that their fans must comply to "avoid sanctions being imposed or expulsion from European competition altogether".

"A positive debate was held at Murray Park and all parties are united in a bid to silence the minority that continue to tarnish the reputation of Rangers Football Club," it was stated on the club website.

A joint committe has been formed between the club and supporters groups.

And a statement from the fans' bodies read: "The message now could not be clearer that the spotlight is upon the supporters and the club and it is their duty to work together to stamp out the minority who are damaging the reputations of all those connected with Rangers Football Club.

"Not only does this small minority tarnish the reputation of Rangers but of Scottish football and our society in general and hopefully anyone who is interested in Scottish football will work with us in assisting to eradicate this behaviour."

Jonny1875
27-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Hearts fans really are embarrassing, more and more on social networks do you see them come out with all thier wannabe super prod *****.
Never ever heard a sectarian song from our end and I'm glad.

EdinMike
27-10-2014, 07:28 AM
So either newco or oldco have been punished for singing the billy boys song by the Scottish authorities.

Really?

When was this as a precedent has surely been set and we now know what punishment hearts can expect.

Sorry, I said "Yuuup" in a tone of agreement.. Now realising that that doesn't convey over text :agree:

JimBHibees
27-10-2014, 07:50 AM
There's a very unpleasant mini Hun section within the Hearts support whose sectarianism and far right views should have no place in a civilized society. The most important thing for us is to refuse to engage and to stand above it. We're better than that. All are welcome.

Indeed and has been there for years and was unchallenged under the Romanov regime however hopefully their new owners have a moral or two and can try and sort it as it is embarrassing and should be challenged by the club and also the reasonable fans of which there are many.

heretoday
27-10-2014, 08:08 AM
No doubt there are Hearts supporters who condemn this sort of thing. I wouldn't know but if enough people on here are determined to take offence the songs will carry on. It's the oldest game in Scotland.

Best thing for Hibees to do is continue with a sectarian-free repertoire.

Geo_1875
27-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Indeed and has been there for years and was unchallenged under the Romanov regime however hopefully their new owners have a moral or two and can try and sort it as it is embarrassing and should be challenged by the club and also the reasonable fans of which there are many.

Aye right. Likw that's gonna happen.

ColintonHibs
27-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Jambo - been a proud protestant all my life
Me - do you go to church?
Jambo - no
Me - do you believe in god?
Jambo - no
Me - explain how you are a protestant?
Jambo - cause me and my uncle billy are part of the orange lodge
Me - whats that?
Jambo - only a group of the most intelligent, hardest proddies on the earth who hate catholics and anyone thats not like them
Me - omg sounds like fun. I am now protestant. Hail king billy FTP

Calum68
27-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I have been a Hibs supporter all my days as was my dad, grandad and great grandad before me. I now take my son along and hope the tradition continues for many years to come.

I was brought up CoS as was my dad and grandad but my great grandfather was a catholic. Whilst we respect the history of the club and individuals beliefs Religion isn't important.

What is important that we support the Hibs and respect each other's beliefs and act with integrity.

Let Rangers, Celtic and Hearts play their games and be bigoted but we are better than that.

GGTTH

Brizo
27-10-2014, 09:05 AM
A succession of Hertz owners and Boards from the 1970s onwards have never properly addressed their sectarian issue. The Hertz support en masse (no religious pun intended) have never expressed the level of discontent or self policing we did which stopped the singing of "rebel" songs at ER back in the 80s. A substantial section of the Hertz support either buy into the sectarian stuff directly or give it tacit approval by not trying to shout it down with other songs.

The Hertz away support which turns up at ER don't seem to have moved on much since the 70s. And the emphasis Polis Scotland are putting on pyrotechnics seems to be much higher than any emphasis they are putting on sectarian singing.

We are a prime example of a club which acknowledges our origins in an inclusive non sectarian manner. Hertz are a prime example of a club where a substantial "minority" of fans exist in a 1970s time warp.

Canongatehibs
27-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Someone needs to make a formal complaint and they'll have to act.:agree:

Keith_M
27-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Someone needs to make a formal complaint and they'll have to act.:agree:

On you go.

:wink:

ChooseLife
27-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Hearts fans really are embarrassing, more and more on social networks do you see them come out with all thier wannabe super prod *****.
Never ever heard a sectarian song from our end and I'm glad.

:agree: not once have I heard any sectarian stuff from our support.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-10-2014, 12:57 PM
FWIW I know more Catholics that are yams than I do Hibbys :rolleyes:

Laughable they have a support that endlessly bang on about how they won WW1 yet their ****bag supporters give Nazi signs.

Absolute disgrace of a club.

Canongatehibs
27-10-2014, 06:47 PM
On you go.

:wink:

someone already beat me to it. Damn!

ChooseLife
27-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Laughable they have a support that endlessly bang on about how they won WW1 yet their ****bag supporters give Nazi salutes

All caught on TV the last time so they're well known for it now and rightly so.

EastCalderHibby
27-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Laughable they have a support that endlessly bang on about how they won WW1 yet their ****bag supporters give Nazi signs.

what side will they be on if ww3 breaks out complete tools

27-10-2014, 09:07 PM

Exactly, they milk WWI to self-glorify yet there uneducated, vile fans give Nazi salutes. Christ almighty their stupidity really does know no limits eh! Never fail to sink to new lows. Absolute ****bags.

Nomeancity
28-10-2014, 07:02 AM
:agree: not once have I heard any sectarian stuff from our support.

Not for a long, long time. But if we are being honest with ourselves many years ago hibs fans did sing some sectarian songs.certainly when I started going in the mid 70's we did and it continued on to early 80's ish. I sang them, never really understood what it meant at the time - but it did used to wind up the Huns and mini-Huns. But once this started to be spoken about as being offensive hibs fans stopped.
Its the same with the words chinkies and pakis, back then a lot of people who used these words did so out of ignorance, not hate. When people spoke out and started saying it was offensive, then decent people stopped using them.

EdinMike
28-10-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm hearing from a Yam we were singing about Gomis having Ebola ??

I can't remember ever hearing this !?

Pretty Boy
28-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Classic diversion tactics from them.

Just like when the N'Goo song was 'racist' as well.

Ozyhibby
28-10-2014, 08:57 AM
To be fair to the compliance officer and the SFA unless someone reports the matter to them then there is nothing they can do.

Frazerbob
28-10-2014, 09:01 AM
To be fair to the compliance officer and the SFA unless someone reports the matter to them then there is nothing they can do.

Do they not have ears?

Ozyhibby
28-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Do they not have ears?

The compliance officer does not attend every game. They rely on people making submissions to them. If a complaint is made they will review it. If not, then nothing will be done.

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 09:16 AM
I wonder if Budge & Co will have much to say on their Website and next Matchday Programme about the sectarian singing, vandalism and Nazi salutes.

Or will they just hark on about Hearts Heroes from WWI.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Not for a long, long time. But if we are being honest with ourselves many years ago hibs fans did sing some sectarian songs.certainly when I started going in the mid 70's we did and it continued on to early 80's ish. I sang them, never really understood what it meant at the time - but it did used to wind up the Huns and mini-Huns. But once this started to be spoken about as being offensive hibs fans stopped.
Its the same with the words chinkies and pakis, back then a lot of people who used these words did so out of ignorance, not hate. When people spoke out and started saying it was offensive, then decent people stopped using them.

My experience as well. There was certainly an element who sung pro IRA stuff in the late 70s, but as nomeancity says it had pretty well died out by the mid 80s and has never returned, the odd individual notwithstanding. I would say that as a support we can take some pride in the fact that we chose to leave sectarianism behind going on for 3 decades ago without the SFA, UEFA, or indeed the club, having to get involved.

We have to ensure its not replaced by racism or bigotry, which is why stuff like the Skacel song and especially the Edinburgh is wonderful song should never be sung at ER or the pubs around it ..... ever.

As for the Yams .... I have to say that the ones I know don't buy into the 'Billy boy' stuff. Having said that there is obviously a sizeable minority who do ... as witnessed by the attack on their own fans campaigning for Yes outside the Asbestos arena before a home game. How this translates to the latest fad for Nazi salutes down Gorgie way is anyones guess.

The Yams now have a new owner ..... it would be a good thing if she were to attempt to bring them to heel.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I wonder if Budge & Co will have much to say on their Website and next Matchday Programme about the sectarian singing, vandalism and Nazi salutes.

Or will they just hark on about Hearts Heroes from WWI.

What was the vandalism ?

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 10:05 AM
What was the vandalism ?

Some of their 'Fans' spray painted slogans on parts of the stadium the night before the game.

Haymaker
28-10-2014, 10:06 AM
What was the vandalism ?

Spray painted our stadium Saturday night.

28-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Typical "oh but but they started it Sir!" from them to try and distract from the fact that once again their ****bag fans embarrassed themselves and showed themselves for what they are - bigotted mini huns.

28-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Spray painted our stadium Saturday night.

I seen they spray painted the bridge with all their "gorgie rules, hibee ****, 5-1 etc etc" garbage but didnt realise they had done it to the stadium too?!

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Some of their 'Fans' spray painted slogans on parts of the stadium the night before the game.

Never heard of that happening at either stadium before ..... I would imagine it wont be long before its reciprocated.

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Never heard of that happening at either stadium before ..... I would imagine it wont be long before its reciprocated.

In fairness, a couple of Hibs Fans spray painted on their pitch the night before a Derby (in the 90s, I think). No idea how they managed to get in and out without being seen. IIRC, Hibs condemned the actions of said 'Fans'

28-10-2014, 10:10 AM

Nah usually they just write 5-1 on the stadium walls in their own *****, I guess we should really be grateful they had the decency to use paint this time.

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2014, 10:19 AM
In fairness, a couple of Hibs Fans spray painted on their pitch the night before a Derby (in the 90s, I think). No idea how they managed to get in and out without being seen. IIRC, Hibs condemned the actions of said 'Fans'

I remember YLT being carved into the pitch at ER years ago .... I have to admit to still being puzzled as to why a Leith gang would vandalise the pitch at Easter Road ..... I presumed that membership of MENSA and the YLT were not bedfellows.

marti1875
28-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Does it have to be a match official that reports the bigoted singing at the end or is it just anyone who can report it to the compliance officer or whoever it gets reported to?

The yams i know seem to just be thinking it's hilarious, gloating that there's not a mention in the papers at all about it, nothing will be done as no-one's even interested blah blah blah....

I just hope someone's reported it in whatever capacity.

ChooseLife
28-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Does it have to be a match official that reports the bigoted singing at the end or is it just anyone who can report it to the compliance officer or whoever it gets reported to?

The yams i know seem to just be thinking it's hilarious, gloating that there's not a mention in the papers at all about it, nothing will be done as no-one's even interested blah blah blah....

It would be nice to know how to contact the compliance officer (assuming that it's not just the clubs who can) if it ends up with the yams getting a 10-15K fine then happy days.

EdinMike
28-10-2014, 12:26 PM

It was on facebook apparently, not an choir of ****wits... Point still proven, they are ****.

Ozyhibby
28-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Anyone can make a report to the compliance officer. I'm sure if you called the SFA they would give you the appropriate email address for a submission.

Leith Mo
28-10-2014, 01:33 PM
I've asked our Board in the past many times when we've been "treated" to this from their and their Glasgow Cousins before to take action and never received a reply. I've also at every game I've heard it complained calmly to stewards and police officers about it and seen no action taken.

We live in a country where anti-Catholicism is enshrined in the law of the land (Act of Settlement, Catholic Marriages Act etc all legally prohibiting "followers of the Popish religion" as it is termed in these statutes) prohibiting Catholics form holding key offices of state. Until this is eradicated from the statute book we will never have full equality.

If people feel strongly about this then complain to anyone with any authority - SFA; Police Scotland; MPs; MSPs; MEPs; HFC Board; HMFC themselves. I wish you luck but one look at the bigger picture of ingrained bigotry in our society (see paragraph above) shows this is just yet another expression of it.

Keith_M
28-10-2014, 02:19 PM
We live in a country where anti-Catholicism is enshrined in the law of the land (Act of Settlement, Catholic Marriages Act etc all legally prohibiting "followers of the Popish religion" as it is termed in these statutes) prohibiting Catholics form holding key offices of state. Until this is eradicated from the statute book we will never have full equality.

I agree that it's ridiculous to keep such laws in this day and age. I would also like to see the removal of separate schooling for children based on religion. Unlike some, I don't believe that is the root of the religious divide but I also don't see any need for it in a modern society.

What I would say is that it is possible to exaggerate the amount of anti Catholic discrimination in our society, it's a dangerous road to go down. Look at the number of people that have reached the top of their field in Politics and Business that are Roman Catholics.

I certainly don't agree with that idiot in charge of the OO, though, that said Scotland has no sectarian problem. He obviously doesn't do irony. I've met these people and they are an unpleasant blot on society.

Kato
28-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I would say that as a support we can take some pride in the fact that we chose to leave sectarianism behind going on for 3 decades ago without...............the club, having to get involved.

Tom Hart invited a cross-section of "hoolies" into the boardroom in the late 70's and asked them to help stamp it out. Took a few seasons but eventually it stopped.

Glesgahibby
29-10-2014, 08:03 AM
I agree that it's ridiculous to keep such laws in this day and age. I would also like to see the removal of separate schooling for children based on religion. Unlike some, I don't believe that is the root of the religious divide but I also don't see any need for it in a modern society.

What I would say is that it is possible to exaggerate the amount of anti Catholic discrimination in our society, it's a dangerous road to go down. Look at the number of people that have reached the top of their field in Politics and Business that are Roman Catholics.

I certainly don't agree with that idiot in charge of the OO, though, that said Scotland has no sectarian problem. He obviously doesn't do irony. I've met these people and they are an unpleasant blot on society.
I went to a catholic school but decided my daughter should not.I also beleive there should not be separate schooling based on religion,however if this became the case in Scotland we would be the only country in the free world to do so.Respect for other peoples beliefs begins with parenting and I have met loads of bigots who's children are fed there bigoted views from the day there born sadly.