PDA

View Full Version : Cats

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 01:22 PM
My mum and dad moved away in july and i took the cat in as they were moving far away..Its driving me nuts!!!! It just cant seem to relax or sit still or sleep! I come in from work and it greets at the window wanting out so i open window and let her out..5 minutes later she's at window wanting back in..5 minutes later shes wanting out then in then out then in...ARGH!!!! Its the same with the kitchen door..She wants in to get her food then comes back into livingroom then goes back for food then back again so im on my feet constantly opening and closing doors and windows, Yet all it did at my mums was sleep!! Its really stressing me out to the point im gonna have to get rid of her, She just will not sit on her erse!!.

Any ideas?!?!

I've had the cat since June.

speedy_gonzales
21-10-2014, 02:13 PM
My mum and dad moved away in july and i took the cat in as they were moving far away..Its driving me nuts!!!! It just cant seem to relax or sit still or sleep! I come in from work and it greets at the window wanting out so i open window and let her out..5 minutes later she's at window wanting back in..5 minutes later shes wanting out then in then out then in...ARGH!!!! Its the same with the kitchen door..She wants in to get her food then comes back into livingroom then goes back for food then back again so im on my feet constantly opening and closing doors and windows, Yet all it did at my mums was sleep!! Its really stressing me out to the point im gonna have to get rid of her, She just will not sit on her erse!!.

Any ideas?!?!

I can't really help but I will point out one thing, cats are evil manipulating overlords!
Speaking as the underling of one such beast I find that if you ignore such cries they will eventually settle, as long as they are fed and able to toilet.
Our feline resident has taken to staring at you as you sit down then will meow until you give her a pet, she will then walk off and look back in disgust as if our weakness and willingness to please and placate has insulted her!!!

EskbankHibby
21-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Any ideas?!?!

Catflap?

We had one in a window before as well as the standard door ones. Worked ok for us but be prepared for the assortment of dead and almost dead animals they will bring in.

You have not lived until you have stood on mouse entrails in bare feet in the morning, better than caffeine to wake you up.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I can't really help but I will point out one thing, cats are evil manipulating overlords!
Speaking as the underling of one such beast I find that if you ignore such cries they will eventually settle, as long as they are fed and able to toilet.
Our feline resident has taken to staring at you as you sit down then will meow until you give her a pet, she will then walk off and look back in disgust as if our weakness and willingness to please and placate has insulted her!!!

Spot on, Ill try the silent treatment for a wee while :greengrin

She has food by her side and plenty water and a litter tray aswell, So there really is nae excuse for her being a wido..

Cheers for the reply mate :aok:

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Catflap?

We had one in a window before as well as the standard door ones. Worked ok for us but be prepared for the assortment of dead and almost dead animals they will bring in.

You have not lived until you have stood on mouse entrails in bare feet in the morning, better than caffeine to wake you up.

That's the bit that worries me aboot a catflap :greengrin:paranoid::shocked:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Pointless beasts, the chinese dinnae even bother trying to eat them. That tells you all you need to know! ;-)

SteveHFC
21-10-2014, 03:13 PM

Any ideas?!?!

That's not a very nice thing to say about your missus. :greengrin

SteveHFC
21-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Pointless beasts, the chinese dinnae even bother trying to eat them. That tells you all you need to know! ;-)

Dogs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats

Craig_HFC
21-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Cat advice? Get a dog.

:aok:

MSK
21-10-2014, 03:16 PM
That's the bit that worries me aboot a catflap :greengrin:paranoid::shocked:Gie it a key tae the door ...:aok:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Gie it a key tae the door ...:aok:

:greengrin

:hilarious

Aye id come back tae the hoose burgled and nae telly on the wall which means nae walking dead :shocked::shocked::shocked:

BroxburnHibee
21-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Catflap is yer best bet Andy.

Not all cats will bring animals in - just depends if yours is a hunter or no.

Mines is and its worse when they bring live ones in to torment and even worse when they bring a live bird in (feathers everywhere)!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they're great pets.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Catflap is yer best bet Andy.

Not all cats will bring animals in - just depends if yours is a hunter or no.

Mines is and its worse when they bring live ones in to torment and even worse when they bring a live bird in (feathers everywhere)!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they're great pets.

Would that no invite every cat in the area to come in though?.. As it stands i get half the streets cats sitting on my windae sill :greengrin

She is a barry wee cat but has got ants in her pants all the time!! Tho see since iv'e made this thread she buggered off upstairs and hasnae came doon since :hilarious

Well they do say cats have a sixth sense :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
21-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Would that no invite every cat in the area to come in though?.. As it stands i get half the streets cats sitting on my windae sill :greengrin

She is a barry wee cat but has got ants in her pants all the time!! Tho see since iv'e made this thread she buggered off upstairs and hasnae came doon since :hilarious

Well they do say cats have a sixth sense :greengrin

Nah you just get one with the magnetic sensor - we used to get a lot coming in but that sorted it.

HibbyAndy
21-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Nah you just get one with the magnetic sensor - we used to get a lot coming in but that sorted it.

I'l look intae it :aok:

sleeping giant
21-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Put a wee bowl of walnuts near its bed.
It will work wonders :agree:

TRC
22-10-2014, 11:41 AM
We have one outdoor cat and one indoor fat blobb what I do is leave the outdoor one out if he's out so now he only comes back after 3-4 hours. I she is really highly strung try the things you plug into the wall