PDA

View Full Version : Malonga. In theHuff after not being allowed to take Penalty

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 01:26 PM
While I can understand his frustration if he went onto the field as designated penalty taker ,,the Petulant way he handled the whole situation was childish . He didn't congratulate the penalty taker for scoring ,and didn't join in celebration . When subbed he clearly couldn't contain his anger ,and made it clear he would not be sitting in dug out ,whipped his Hibs top off and sat outside and at side of Dug out . Not sure what he did at Ful time ,did anyone notice if he made up or just went down tunnel . He needs to learn that team spirit is everything in situation we are in .
Hope that didn't drag on as Stubbs needs to nip that in the bud as we don't wNt Bad Blood in lead up to a Derby .

Aldo
19-10-2014, 01:36 PM
While I can understand his frustration if he went onto the field as designated penalty taker ,,the Petulant way he handled the whole situation was childish . He didn't congratulate the penalty taker for scoring ,and didn't join in celebration . When subbed he clearly couldn't contain his anger ,and made it clear he would not be sitting in dug out ,whipped his Hibs top off and sat outside and at side of Dug out . Not sure what he did at Ful time ,did anyone notice if he made up or just went down tunnel . He needs to learn that team spirit is everything in situation we are in . Hope that didn't drag on as Stubbs needs to nip that in the bud as we don't wNt Bad Blood in lead up to a Derby .

He missed his last one and someone else was confident enough to take it. Rattle oot the pram from the big man. As you say Ronnie it's a team game. By all accounts Stubbs has had a word and assures us it won't happen again.

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Any attitude problems will be dealt with internally. If it's a detriment to the team, I'm sure Stubbs can tell him where to go.

Hibbyradge
19-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Stubbs has dealt with it.

AlbertK86
19-10-2014, 01:40 PM
He must be on his bad week cos even when he scored he was petulant then ... I was in row C right at the bit he ran to and had an F*** yous look on his face... Maybe he has jumped on Leeanns bandwagon about negativity and wanted more hero worship !!!

Fans were singing the conga to his name so if Yer looking in. Big guy .... You were getting backed by the fans

There was no negative shout outs last night that I could hear

SaulGoodman
19-10-2014, 01:43 PM
He applauded the fans when he went off, was sat outside the dugout when he came off because the dugouts are tiny. Cummings sat next to him when he came off too.

Okay he was petulant with the Penalty but maybe he fancied a bash at a hat-trick :greengrin

hibsbollah
19-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Cummings and Malonga both tried to get to take the penalty, Cummings wasn't happy either. Which is absolutely fine by me, the more players confident enough to want the responsibility the better IMO.

As for the fans, he made a point of applauding them when he went off. And as for the goal celebration, why would he be making a '**** you' face? Isn't it more likely he was just celebrating in his own way? Maybe he thinks of it as an 'intense' face:greengrin ballotelli does it too.

SMAXXA
19-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Nothing to see here really, he wasn't the designated penalty taker before the game neither was Cummings it was Dylan hence why he took it.

SunshineOnLeith
19-10-2014, 02:03 PM
He must be on his bad week cos even when he scored he was petulant then ... I was in row C right at the bit he ran to and had an F*** yous look on his face... Maybe he has jumped on Leeanns bandwagon about negativity and wanted more hero worship !!!

Fans were singing the conga to his name so if Yer looking in. Big guy .... You were getting backed by the fans

There was no negative shout outs last night that I could hear

Watched the game on telly and he looked delighted when he scored. As you'd expect.

Mikey09
19-10-2014, 02:11 PM
While I can understand his frustration if he went onto the field as designated penalty taker ,,the Petulant way he handled the whole situation was childish . He didn't congratulate the penalty taker for scoring ,and didn't join in celebration . When subbed he clearly couldn't contain his anger ,and made it clear he would not be sitting in dug out ,whipped his Hibs top off and sat outside and at side of Dug out . Not sure what he did at Ful time ,did anyone notice if he made up or just went down tunnel . He needs to learn that team spirit is everything in situation we are in .
Hope that didn't drag on as Stubbs needs to nip that in the bud as we don't wNt Bad Blood in lead up to a Derby .

Complete non story.... Happens a lot at clubs at EVERY level. Players take the huff, fall out, have training ground bust ups. It's nonsense.

Scott Allan Key
19-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Cummings and Malonga both tried to get to take the penalty, Cummings wasn't happy either. Which is absolutely fine by me, the more players confident enough to want the responsibility the better IMO.

As for the fans, he made a point of applauding them when he went off. And as for the goal celebration, why would he be making a '**** you' face? Isn't it more likely he was just celebrating in his own way? Maybe he thinks of it as yan 'intense' face:greengrin ballotelli does it too.

Why does he get such a hard time from some supporters? I wonder....

chinaman
19-10-2014, 02:50 PM
If he scores against "the beasts" next week nobody will care.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-10-2014, 02:51 PM

Why don't you tell us your theory?

hibsbollah
19-10-2014, 02:51 PM

I don't think he does get a hard time from supporters :dunno:

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Nothing to see here really, he wasn't the designated penalty taker before the game neither was Cummings it was Dylan hence why he took it.

And Dylan confirmed this in the interview after the game.

End of story.

Shows the big guy cares. :greengrin

Pete
19-10-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't think he does get a hard time from supporters :dunno:

Exactly. What a confusing post.

Ronniekirk
19-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Have been out and about so hadn't picked up what folk are saying ,so on basis its a non story and dealt with ,happy for thread to be deleted.

MontrealHibs
19-10-2014, 03:23 PM

I would be much more upset if he didn't want to take it or was happy to be subbed.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 03:24 PM

What do you wonder.?

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2014, 03:37 PM
If he hadn't taken the laziest penalty ever last week then he would have been given the responsibility again yesterday. A new penalty taker was decided on during the week so he can have no complaints

PISTOL1875
19-10-2014, 04:10 PM
if DM's penalty last week wasn't so honking then there is a high chance he would've taken one last night..

AlbertK86
19-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Watched the game on telly and he looked delighted when he scored. As you'd expect.

Yep he did initially look delighted but he defo gave a glare of petulant attitude as he approached the fans. It was a point of discussion around us.

Maybe was the intense Ballotelli thing tha Hibsbollah referred to

Anyway he can react in which ever way he wants asking as he keeps knocking in the goals .... Hopefully again next week against the Savilles

Let's all do the conga with dominique Malonga 🎤

GGTTH

Diclonius
19-10-2014, 04:47 PM
If you take a crap penalty, don't expect to be guaranteed penalty duties next time. This goes for anyone at Hibs, even a certain Mr Riordan a few years back.

MrSmith
19-10-2014, 06:37 PM
good! bit passion, anger and attitude shows he cares!! can't fault that at all and has been sorely missing for a while.

Oscar T Grouch
19-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Its no a bad situation to be in, if you've got three players all wanting to take a pen, we had too many hiding away the last few years.