PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Paul Quinn

MontrealHibs
09-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Rumoured to be coming in until the end of the season, any thoughts on him? Thought he did well at Motherwell and appears to have done OK down south...

HoboHarry
09-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Rumoured to be coming in until the end of the season, any thoughts on him? Thought he did well at Motherwell and appears to have done OK down south...
Ok I will bite. Based on what information?

ChilliEater
09-10-2014, 02:34 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/paul-quinn-set-to-be-handed-lifeline-at-hibs-1-3567368

IanM
09-10-2014, 04:08 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/paul-quinn-set-to-be-handed-lifeline-at-hibs-1-3567368

Cant say I remember much about him but we're in desperate need of cover at right back so if he fits te bill, why not

PeterboroHibee
09-10-2014, 07:56 AM
We need cover for Gray so it makes sense if hes available.

TRC
09-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Does this mean Gray's injury is worse than first feared?

wfortune
09-10-2014, 08:39 AM

I think it means we need cover at right back

S4uzee
09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Quality over quantity

JimBHibees
09-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Would be a good signing IMO. Decent experience and not shy about putting his foot in. Can also play centre back if I remember right.

J-C
09-10-2014, 09:30 AM
68 games for Doncaster in 2 seasons ( 2012-14 ) shows he's been playing regularly, good qualities, attacking RB with decent height who can also play CB if needed.

J-C
09-10-2014, 09:31 AM

It means it's a hamstring and if we don't have to rush him all the better, also Quinn can cover CB if needed.

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Do we really need him, Lewis Stevenson can always switch over when needed?

California-Hibs
09-10-2014, 09:48 AM

Naughty.

scoopyboy
09-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Quinn has been training at East Mains, although it was in the opinion of a few that it was only until he signed for an English club.

I wouldn't object to him signing as he's hard as nails and we could do with a bit of that.

scoopyboy
09-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Oh you are awful, but I like you.

Name the comedian.

JimBHibees
09-10-2014, 10:45 AM

Name the comedian.

Dick Emery?

ChilliEater
09-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Name the comedian.

Dick Emery :greengrin

Edit: bah, beaten to it by a minute :yw:

blackpoolhibs

Name the comedian.

:greengrin:greengrin I'd sign Jarko Wiss or Brian Kerr again if it meant Lewis Stevenson was not used as a right back ever again.

JimBHibees
Quinn has been training at East Mains, although it was in the opinion of a few that it was only until he signed for an English club.

I wouldn't object to him signing as he's hard as nails and we could do with a bit of that.

Certainly could do with that, agreed.

Sudds_1
09-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Dick Emery?

aye...rough as ****.

nellio
09-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Had him at Cardiff for a few seasons. Decent player with a cracking work ethic. Would be well happy if we are bringing him in.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Can he play anywhere else apart from right back

raeburnhibs
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/legacy/clip/p008tv30.jpg?nodefault=true

Sprouleflyer
09-10-2014, 11:45 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/legacy/clip/p008tv30.jpg?nodefault=true

Jeezo, Quinn looks terrible!!!

JimBHibees
09-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Can he play anywhere else apart from right back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Quinn_(footballer)

Says he here he can play centre back and assume right midfield though says right winger.

Mikey09
09-10-2014, 02:08 PM

Thats a young Anne Budge.....

Steviethebear
09-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Good to see AS reacting to remedy a potential RB
cover problem, although unless DG injury worse than thought surely an U20 could cover short term 😁

erin go bragh
09-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Good to see AS reacting to remedy a potential RB
cover problem, although unless DG injury worse than thought surely an U20 could cover short term 😁

He would give us cover at CH also . Gray has been training this week . So he should be back in on Sat .

Ggtth

Big_Franck
09-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Not seen him play for a good while but if he is close to how good he was with well and cardiff he'd be a good signing. He's good defensively, good in the air and very strong in the tackle.

From what i remember of him though he would only really be competition for Gray at right back, not at right wing back as he was more a solid defensive RB/CB.

3pm
09-10-2014, 04:31 PM
If Gray could play centre half, this could release Hanlon into the centre of midfield at long last.

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 04:33 PM
If Gray could play centre half, this could release Hanlon into the centre of midfield at long last.

Naaaaaa no thanks

TheFamous1875
09-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Naaaaaa no thanks

Why you so adverse to Hanlon in at centre midfield? I don't know that it would work, but his ball control, distribution, retention and tackling suggest that it could work very well.

Franck Stanton
09-10-2014, 05:16 PM
How about Quinn as def/mid ? Has all the attributes, tall, strong in the tackle, has played centre of defence. Cannae be any worse than what we already have just now.
Stubbs just on STV news saying he has been at E/M for past couple of days and hopes they can come to some sort of agreement.

emerald green
09-10-2014, 05:17 PM
It's a long hard season, so the lad sounds like he will be a decent signing. Hope so anyway. Welcome to HFC Paul.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Naaaaaa no thanks

:faf: This.

Stuarty27
09-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Wow, too many 3am nights out fir you my friend,

Both would not be able to play either position

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Why you so adverse to Hanlon in at centre midfield? I don't know that it would work, but his ball control, distribution, retention and tackling suggest that it could work very well.

Why not play Lewis up front with his assist ability. Why do some folk always seem to want to convert people into something rather than work with then into being better at what they do, which is very possible with player like Hanlon. I'd prefer we keep him in defence and improve him and Forster rather than putting Forster at right back Hanlon centre midfield and gray at CH :faf:

Tinkerman

TheFamous1875
09-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Why not play Lewis up front with his assist ability. Why do some folk always seem to want to convert people into something rather than work with then into being better at what they do, which is very possible with player like Hanlon. I'd prefer we keep him in defence and improve him and Forster rather than putting Forster at right back Hanlon centre midfield and gray at CH :faf:

Tinkerman

Converting players for the sake of it is nonsense, but for some players and tactics it can be a masterstroke. I agree with the other two being a load of Paul Tosh, but I would never say never in regards to players being deployed in different positions when it is plausible. I do agree that Hanlon should be in the centre of defence alongside Forster and keep forging their partnership, but I can't deny that he does have the attributes to possibly be a success in the centre of midfield, not that they mean he would be a success - see Leigh Griffiths on the right wing for Celtic.

Liam Fontaine has showed himself to be a leader at the back who attacks the ball and has energy and strength and those attributes are precisely what Hanlon is found to be lacking in. None of the back three deserves to be dropped, but if we found ourselves wanting to play four at the back as a tactic, then who misses out? It's scenarios like that which mean you can never say never. Christ, Gary Caldwell played his best football for Hibs as a holding mid!

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Converting players for the sake of it is nonsense, but for some players and tactics it can be a masterstroke. I agree with the other two being a load of Paul Tosh, but I would never say never in regards to players being deployed in different positions when it is plausible. I do agree that Hanlon should be in the centre of defence alongside Forster and keep forging their partnership, but I can't deny that he does have the attributes to possibly be a success in the centre of midfield, not that they mean he would be a success - see Leigh Griffiths on the right wing for Celtic.

Liam Fontaine has showed himself to be a leader at the back who attacks the ball and has energy and strength and those attributes are precisely what Hanlon is found to be lacking in. None of the back three deserves to be dropped, but if we found ourselves wanting to play four at the back as a tactic, then who misses out? It's scenarios like that which mean you can never say never. Christ, Gary Caldwell played his best football for Hibs as a holding mid!

Who misses out, I will tell you, the one the manager thinks if he goes with 2 centre halfs. That's called having a competitive squad and you have to be at the top of your game to play something that's been sorely lacking in recent years.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Who misses out, I will tell you, the one the manager thinks if he goes with 2 centre halfs. That's called having a competitive squad and you have to be at the top of your game to play something that's been sorely lacking in recent years.

In your opinion, if we go 442, who will miss out, or could one of them play at left back

Speedy
09-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Sounds good to me...

(From wikipedia) "He is a top hunskelper who currently plays for the Hibees. He loves a gamble and to scud the sevco." :greengrin

TheFamous1875
09-10-2014, 06:27 PM

That's a good point, but we're still lacking in the middle of the park which is where, if we were to play four at the back, we could possibly deploy the most capable of the centre halfs, or my personal preference for the role, wee Lewis.

Still though, if we're getting to the point where we're getting a competitive squad and everyone's on top form then we're definitely moving in the right direction. If Quinn is coming in, all we'll then need is a holding midfielder in January, assuming we keep Kennedy, Oxley, etc.

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 06:27 PM
In your opinion, if we go 442, who will miss out, or he could play one of them at left back

As they say in a police interview "no comment" :agree:

I really dont don't know, again it is the type of thing that could go game to game and training which will influence the decision. I actually like the 3 but the point I'm making is that say we drop Forster, Fontaine and Hanlon know they have to be at the top of their game if they want to stay in the team and same applies to the other 2. It breeds better performances and competition. If ur asking me what I think Stubbs would do I would say jordan and Paul would get the nod.

TheFamous1875
09-10-2014, 06:28 PM
In your opinion, if we go 442, who will miss out, or could one of them play at left back

Watching Fontaine the last two weeks has made me think that he would be more than capable of playing at left back for us.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2014, 06:32 PM
As they say in a police interview "no comment" :agree:

I really dont don't know, again it is the type of thing that could go game to game and training which will influence the decision. I actually like the 3 but the point I'm making is that say we drop Forster, Fontaine and Hanlon know they have to be at the top of their game if they want to stay in the team and same applies to the other 2. It breeds better performances and competition. If ur asking me what I think Stubbs would do I would say jordan and Paul would get the nod.
I would have agreed with this a few weeks ago, but think Fontaine has done really well. Maybe the thinking is if they want to continue with 352, hence chasing Quinn
As an aside. Think Paul/Liam can play left back, but I'm not convinced Jordan can play right back

Billy Whizz
09-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Watching Fontaine the last two weeks has made me think that he would be more than capable of playing at left back for us.

I like Hanlon at left back as he likes to get forward, not sure he likes it though

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 06:34 PM
That's a good point, but we're still lacking in the middle of the park which is where, if we were to play four at the back, we could possibly deploy the most capable of the centre halfs, or my personal preference for the role, wee Lewis.

Still though, if we're getting to the point where we're getting a competitive squad and everyone's on top form then we're definitely moving in the right direction. If Quinn is coming in, all we'll then need is a holding midfielder in January, assuming we keep Kennedy, Oxley, etc.

I really don't think we are though, lacking in the middle of the park. We have Craig, Robertson, Allan, Lewis, Dylan for example. Look at the goals we conceded is this a result of not having a so called defensive midfielder I don't think it is. It's a position I know well and appreciate more than anyone as I played that position but it's not necessarily what we need IMO. We need defenders that defend better, midfielders that defend better and strikers that defend better out with having the ball. I am all for playing players where they will be most effective but playing Hanlon there would bring such an imbalance to the team for me. Play him where he has prove can produce the good and make him even better that's stubs job.

SMAXXA
09-10-2014, 06:36 PM
I would have agreed with this a few weeks ago, but think Fontaine has done really well. Maybe the thinking is if they want to continue with 352, hence chasing Quinn
As an aside. Think Paul/Liam can play left back, but I'm not convinced Jordan can play right back

:agree: Yup hence the need to go out and bring in a player that can replace gray.....when injured. The formation is one that's here to stay IMO as alan knows it suits us. He won't always play it there will be times he will play Kennedy and even harris.

we have a decent strong squad and don't lack options in the midfield, we need to stop conceding poor goals and we will be fine

3pm
09-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Naaaaaa no thanks

I was taking the piss felly.

Billy Whizz
09-10-2014, 07:00 PM
:agree: Yup hence the need to go out and bring in a player that can replace gray.....when injured. The formation is one that's here to stay IMO as alan knows it suits us. He won't always play it there will be times he will play Kennedy and even harris.

we have a decent strong squad and don't lack options in the midfield, we need to stop conceding poor goals and we will be fine

As long as he plays Sammy at one inside, in the middle 5, I'm fine

portycabbage
09-10-2014, 08:25 PM
:greengrin:greengrin I'd sign Jarko Wiss or Brian Kerr again if it meant Lewis Stevenson was not used as a right back ever again.

Brian Kerr never left - he merely continues to do unseen work.

Bronson
09-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Sounds good to me...

(From wikipedia) "He is a top hunskelper who currently plays for the Hibees. He loves a gamble and to scud the sevco." :greengrin

Good enough for me, sign him now.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-10-2014, 10:03 PM
You aint seem nothing like the mighty quinn

ekhibee
09-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Now there's really no need for that. At least you haven't included Colin Murdoch. Yet.

we are hibs
10-10-2014, 06:32 AM
really don't understand the fascination with playing players out of position...

bingo70
10-10-2014, 06:35 AM
really don't understand the fascination with playing players out of position...

I think it's because playing them in position hasn't worked.

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2014, 06:36 AM
I think it's because playing them in position hasn't worked.

:tee hee:

CRAZYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Has he signed or not

Golden Bear
10-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Has he signed or not

The silence indicates that he has not signed and the longer it stays that way then the more unlikely it will happen.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Has he signed or not

Thought he was just training at Hibs.

JimBHibees
10-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Isn't he just training at Hibs.

The Scotsman article yesterday seemed to suggest he may be signed by tomorrows game, doesnt sound like that is happening.

DC_Hibs
10-10-2014, 03:46 PM
The Scotsman article yesterday seemed to suggest he may be signed by tomorrows game, doesnt sound like that is happening.

Him and Toshney are at centre back tomorrow pal.

JimBHibees
10-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Him and Toshney are at centre back tomorrow pal.

For Ross County :greengrin

DC_Hibs
10-10-2014, 04:04 PM

Exactly, Stubbs said he wanted to sign LT and it didn't happen so will this be different?

JimBHibees
10-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Exactly, Stubbs said he wanted to sign LT and it didn't happen so will this be different?

Hope he does sign far better player than Toshney but time will tell.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Cheers.

Had heard he was just using the training facilities.

The_Horde
10-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Hibs probably wouldn't pay his bonuses..

FranckSuzy
10-10-2014, 07:05 PM
According to someone on Facebook (not the bush bothering guy :faf:), he isn't fit.

Ronniekirk
10-10-2014, 07:30 PM
According to someone on Facebook (not the bush bothering guy :faf:), he isn't fit.
He has not been with a club since beginning of season Suzy ,so should be no surprise he isn't match fit .So the question is , is he so unfit that it will take him weeks to get into shape and Stubbs doesn't want to take any risk in signing him in case he gets injured or is he picking up other signs that explain why he has been without club for so long .
One thing I like about Stubbs is he has rejected several players and not just brought them in to make up numbers .

Hamish
14-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Now on trial at Ross County according to SSN.

gegs70
14-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Was he not good enough or was he offered a better deal?

PeterboroHibee
14-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Was he not good enough or was he offered a better deal?

Stubbs was quoted as saying he hoped to get it over the line, so I assume we couldnt agree terms. Its a bit disappointing as we really need some back up at RB, as whilst I think Gray has been very good so far, we can see the mess it does to the team when hes out.

DC_Hibs
14-10-2014, 02:52 PM

Lottery numbers mate?

Hibstrooper
14-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Now on trial at Ross County according to SSN.

Didn't they sign Toshney as well! I hate when players use Hibs as a shop window and springboard to bigger clubs!

JimBHibees
14-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Didn't they sign Toshney as well! I hate when players use Hibs as a shop window and springboard to bigger clubs!

Funny if it wasnt the truth at present. :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-10-2014, 04:17 PM

:greengrin

Centre Hawf
14-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Thought this would have been a good signing. A bit experience without being "an auld heid" and the ability to play RB and CB would have allowed us to rest Forster as he's the only right footed centre half.

If Stubbs doesn't fancy him fair enough though. Trust his judgement. If it was his decision.

Ronniekirk
14-10-2014, 04:48 PM
They are making sure that if they have to play us in the Playoffs they have strengthened the areas that were weak ie full back while at same time they know we haven't strengthened squad .

SMAXXA
14-10-2014, 04:55 PM
They are making sure that if they have to play us in the Playoffs they have strengthened the areas that were weak ie full back while at same time they know we haven't strengthened squad .

are their full backs going to get at ours like lol? :confused:

scoopyboy
14-10-2014, 04:56 PM

I would settle right now to play Ross County in the play offs. It would mean we had tucked either Rangers or Hearts away.

I doubt however that they are trying to weaken us for the play offs.

ancient hibee
14-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Must be Petrie's fault surely.

smurf
15-10-2014, 07:53 AM
More embarrassment.

Stevie Reid
15-10-2014, 08:49 AM
More embarrassment.

What's embarrassing here, exactly?

smurf
15-10-2014, 09:01 AM
What's embarrassing here, exactly?

An not unexpected reply...

Alan Stubbs is on record as wanting the player. Presumably because he thought he would improve us? And as we are currently languishing in one of our poorest ever positions in our history evidence suggests we need to improve?

Oh and against all of that he's now up in Ross County...

Stevie Reid
15-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Alan Stubbs is on record as wanting the player. Presumably because he thought he would improve us? And as we are currently languishing in one of our poorest ever positions in our history evidence suggests we need to improve?

I still don't see what's embarrassing.

smurf
15-10-2014, 09:13 AM

A player we wanted ends up at Ross County isn't embarrassing?

Gmack7
15-10-2014, 09:14 AM

Maybe he should have added "potentially" but I'm sure you understand what was meant

Wilson
15-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Not in itself.

Unless you know anything more specific that makes it embarrrassing? Did we only offer half the money Ross County were? Did the player snub us saying he wanted to work in a more professional set-up? Something like that might be embarrassing.

Other than that there are a multitude of reasons why a deal might not be right for either the club or the player that aren't embarrassing. That is just football I'm afraid.

Stevie Reid
15-10-2014, 09:34 AM

Maybe he should have added "potentially" but I'm sure you understand what was meant

I understand what embarrassing means, yes - I've felt embarrassed many times in recent years at some things that have happened with Hibs, unfortunately.

However, us not signing a player who is currently unattached and has now gone on trial at a club in the league above us, I find in no way embarrassing - and I honestly struggle to think how anyone would experience such feelings regarding the matter.

Iain G
15-10-2014, 10:15 AM
I understand what embarrassing means, yes - I've felt embarrassed many times in recent years at some things that have happened with Hibs, unfortunately.

However, us not signing a player who is currently unattached and has now gone on trial at a club in the league above us, I find in no way embarrassing - and I honestly struggle to think how anyone would experience such feelings regarding the matter.

Some folks just like finding something else to beat up on... :wink:

Last Minute
15-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Saying in todays Evening News back page Hibs have ofered him a contract and waiting on him to decide

smurf
15-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Some folks just like finding something else to beat up on... :wink:

No I absolutely do NOT like finding something else to beat up on. Our club is languishing in probably its worse ever position. Should we just indulge in empty positivity? I want our club to be where it should be. The idea that any of us "like" where we are is just a pretty stupid comment to make.

silverhibee
15-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Saying in todays Evening News back page Hibs have ofered him a contract and waiting on him to decide

This reminds me of the Paddy McCourt scenario.

PeterboroHibee
15-10-2014, 11:32 AM

What if he categorically stated he wanted to be first choice, and Stubbs couldnt/wouldnt offer him that? We already have a good RB in Gray, someone who Stubbs has trusted as captain on occasion, so I think anyone coming in would have a real fight for the starting place.

Id agree its disappointing as we do need cover there, but embarrassing? I dont think so.

Alfred E Newman
15-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Forget him. We need players who want to play for the club and not just for the cash.

DC_Hibs
15-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Forget him. We need players who want to play for the club and not just for the cash.

Meanwhile in the post 1960's that's never going to happen

Ray_
15-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Meanwhile in the post 1960's that's never going to happen

Not true, Arthur Duncan signed in 1970 :wink: [well I'll give you that it as right at the beginning of January, but still not in the sixties :greengrin

erin go bragh
15-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Reports saying we have made him a better offer and should have an answer no later than tomorrow .

Ggtth

PatHead
15-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Reports saying we have made him a better offer and should have an answer no later than tomorrow .

Ggtth

Wonder if it is to do with Gray carrying an injury and Fontaine being out we realise we need more cover to mount our title challenge

wick hibby
15-10-2014, 06:21 PM
No deal he is off 2 ross county

Hibs7
15-10-2014, 06:44 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/gossip

Here's the link .. About halfway down !

greenginger
15-10-2014, 06:57 PM
That BBC link was updated at 07.50 AM. today :confused:

snooky
15-10-2014, 07:17 PM

Ggtth

Why is it every other team seem to just sign players - voila!- while we have to go though this labyrinth of yes/no/maybe almost every time?
It feels like there's a big tight fist (:hmmm:) squeezing every bit of life out of the club.

monktonharp
15-10-2014, 09:49 PM
one thing is sure, we never hear about this kinda stuff, until it's a done deal ,when Rod Petrie handles it.:duck::lips seal:angeldevi

monktonharp
15-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Why is it every other team seem to just sign players - voila!- while we have to go though this labyrinth of yes/no/maybe almost every time?
It feels like there's a big tight fist (:hmmm:) squeezing every bit of life out of the club.its the Hibs way, has been for long long time, and they just don't seem to get it. hundreds,weekly getting scunnered.

Mr Green Genes
15-10-2014, 10:24 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/gossip

Here's the link .. About halfway down !

FYI - The article in the Herald today actually says ..."Quinn has joined County in a bid to win a contract with the Premiership side."
Make of that what you will..............

The Leith Dutch
16-10-2014, 08:46 AM
It feels like there's a big tight fist (:hmmm:) squeezing every bit of life out of the club.

I reckon it happens at most other clubs it's just we don't go on their message boards so we're not seeing it unfold in a million forum posts :D

WeeRussell
16-10-2014, 11:52 AM
I reckon it happens at most other clubs it's just we don't go on their message boards so we're not seeing it unfold in a million forum posts :D

:agree: Exactly.

We wouldn't be complaining about things being yes/maybe/no all the time if we weren't reading people's "reports" and ITK posters' rumours.

Unless, of course, everyone has been reading Ross County's boards regularly to see what their situation is :greengrin

Deansy
16-10-2014, 12:06 PM

Yup, a huge, cold, dead fist - 'Rigor Mortis' has set in and it's wrapped around the helpless-victim's throat !

Keith_M
16-10-2014, 12:49 PM
No I absolutely do NOT like finding something else to beat up on. Our club is languishing in probably its worse ever position. Should we just indulge in empty positivity? I want our club to be where it should be. The idea that any of us "like" where we are is just a pretty stupid comment to make.

No one's asking you to do that, just not to knock the Club when we don't even know what the details are.

Can you see the difference?

Hibeesmad
16-10-2014, 01:24 PM
@STVPaul: Alan Stubbs says Paul Quinn talking to another club but hopeful of signing him within 24hrs. If he does sign, too early to play against Livi

Kato
16-10-2014, 01:32 PM

You're maybe getting the professional press coverage mixed up with the coverage from the ITK'ers on here.

IFONLY
16-10-2014, 01:43 PM
@STVPaul: Alan Stubbs says Paul Quinn talking to another club but hopeful of signing him within 24hrs. If he does sign, too early to play against Livi

How can it be to early !!!!!!

Diclonius
16-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Not fit?

StarMan10
16-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Could be the registration deadline, or may just be that Stubbs already has his team in mind and doesn't want to disturb that

erin go bragh
16-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Not fit?

Find it hard to believe that a pro footballer who got released a couple of months ago is so unfit . Not match fit id understand but unfit ! The guy is 29 , so you would think he would be more of a pro and keep himself fit .

Ggtth

Nando™
16-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Find it hard to believe that a pro footballer who got released a couple of months ago is so unfit . Not match fit id understand but unfit ! The guy is 29 , so you would think he would be more of a pro and keep himself fit .

Ggtth

Not always the case, as we saw first hand with O'Connor.

JimBHibees
16-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Sounds from that like he is signing for Hibs which I would be happy about as he can play a number of roles including full back, centre half and midfield. Sure he could do a job as a sitting defensive midfielder. A hard physical player which we are very short of so would to me be a decent signing.

He is unlikely to be ready to start if he hasnt played in a few months. Lack of fitness could be a number of reasons also he may have had an injury which held back his fitness work. A bit early to be slating the boy without knowing the facts.

JimBHibees
16-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Because he hasnt played in months?

PeterboroHibee
16-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Sounds from that like he is signing for Hibs which I would be happy about as he can play a number of roles including full back, centre half and midfield. Sure he could do a job as a sitting defensive midfielder. A hard physical player which we are very short of so would to me be a decent signing.

He is unlikely to be ready to start if he hasnt played in a few months. Lack of fitness could be a number of reasons also he may have had an injury which held back his fitness work. A bit early to be slating the boy without knowing the facts.

Unless he is recovering an injury, hes presumably fit and its match sharpness thats lacking. In that respect Id think that if he signs and in time, a place on the bench would be a good thing to bring him on at the end of the game. Its not exactly a problem but it does seem a good opportunity to get him involved.

Golden Bear
16-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Forget the guy, we've had more than enough of unfit soccer mercenaries in recent years.

I'd rather take a chance on one of our own youngsters, at least they'll wear the green & white jersey with some pride.

Cod Boy
16-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Because he hasnt played in months?

Liam Craig gets away with it.

snooky
16-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Forget the guy, we've had more than enough of unfit soccer mercenaries in recent years.

I'd rather take a chance on one of our own youngsters, at least they'll wear the green & white jersey with some pride.

:agree:

JimBHibees
16-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Liam Craig gets away with it.

Boom, boom. :wink:

Iceman1875
16-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Currently on trial at Ross county according to bbc sport?

At Easter Road we play...

hiberactive
18-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Currently on trial at Ross county according to bbc sport?

At Easter Road we play.... Has signed for Ross County-another team we can't compete with.

truehibernian
18-10-2014, 12:03 PM
. Has signed for Ross County-another team we can't compete with.

Knocked them out a major cup a few games ago........well able to compete with them :aok:

Maybe they offered him a longer, more secure contract - Hibs are skint and our owner isn't dipping into his stash anymore. Sign of where we are, get used to it :wink:

davieh
18-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Yep - surprised to see him one the bench at Vicky Park right now..

hiberactive
18-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Knocked them out a major cup a few games ago........well able to compete with them :aok:

Maybe they offered him a longer, more secure contract - Hibs are skint and our owner isn't dipping into his stash anymore. Sign of where we are, get used to it :wink:Hibs are more skint than Ross County-dont think so-I agree our owner is not going to spend but I don't see why we should get used to it.

truehibernian
18-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Hibs are more skint than Ross County-dont think so-I agree our owner is not going to spend but I don't see why we should get used to it.

Hibs are more skint than Ross County, sadly - Roy MacGregor is worth over £80 million and ploughs a lot of cash into the club - it's a love affair he has with County. Lovely bloke it seems too. Our owner is absent and disinterested.

truehibernian
18-10-2014, 12:22 PM
....in fact......scratch that, just looked online and they estimate he is worth £400 million :dizzy:

emerald green
18-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Our owner is absent and disinterested.

:agree: Sad, but true. He's certainly not interested in the footballing side of things, which is really all the fans are interested in. The rest is just a side show.

Ray_
18-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Hibs are more skint than Ross County-dont think so-I agree our owner is not going to spend but I don't see why we should get used to it.

It is little wonder Hibs are skint having been run in to the ground by those who have been running our club.

AlbertK86
18-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Would think that Quinn would rather play in Premiership than championship as he is seemingly still keen to play back down south and playing second tier Scottish fitba is not a good selling point

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Would think that Quinn would rather play in Premiership than championship as he is seemingly still keen to play back down south and playing second tier Scottish fitba is not a good selling point

Seemed good enough for Allan, El Alagui, Malonga etc. Even if he doesn't come, I wouldn't be bothered whatsoever.

AlbertK86
18-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Seemed good enough for Allan, El Alagui, Malonga etc. Even if he doesn't come, I wouldn't be bothered whatsoever.

Nae need to bother as he is currently playing for county v sellick

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Nae need to bother as he is currently playing for county v sellick

That was Rocco Quinn...

MSK
18-10-2014, 01:51 PM
That was Rocco Quinn...And Paul Quinn..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 01:55 PM
And Paul Quinn..

You sure?

MSK
18-10-2014, 01:56 PM
You sure?As sure as this .....82:51
Substitution, Ross County. Paul Quinn replaces Scott Boyd...

greenginger
18-10-2014, 01:57 PM
There was only one Quinn in the County line up. Can't tell if it was Paul or Rocco.

stantonhibby
18-10-2014, 01:58 PM
There was only one Quinn in the County line up. Can't tell if it was Paul or Rocco.

It was paul. Rocco is injured.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Definitely Paul. Number 43. Rocco Quinn wears number 4.

greenpaper55
18-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Well that's that then, need to try a bit harder it would seem !.

MSK
18-10-2014, 02:04 PM
It was paul. Rocco is injured.Aye ..never trust the BBC ...Boyd (Quinn - 46' )

Bronson
18-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over this guy? I'm happy enough for a youngster to get a shot, in fact, I'd probably prefer it.

c31
18-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over this guy? I'm happy enough for a youngster to get a shot, in fact, I'd probably prefer it.

I think its the fact we were out bid for a player by Ross County...

green day
18-10-2014, 02:17 PM

That's a "fact" is it?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-10-2014, 02:19 PM
As sure as this .....82:51
Substitution, Ross County. Paul Quinn replaces Scott Boyd...

Fair do's.

eastterrace
18-10-2014, 02:20 PM
That's a "fact" is it?

okay then we offered more money , but he went to ross county as they have more potential. that okay

Ronniekirk
18-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Agree would still like to see some movement in the January transfer Window and that is now two players Stubbs has gone on record as saying he would like to sign and both have gone to County so might just be that players are are now thinking we don't lok like getting promotion this season and that is a factor in thier thinking .May not of course and it may just be better money or he thinks he has more chance of regulat first team football at county as Stubbs made it clear he was cover for gray and unless injured he would have struggled to dislodge him from team.

green day
18-10-2014, 02:25 PM
okay then we offered more money , but he went to ross county as they have more potential. that okay

Why would it be "okay"?

My point is that people love to state conjecture as fact on here, especially if it puts the boot into the club.

Lago
18-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Not after todays result.

offshorehibby
18-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I think its the fact we were out bid for a player by Ross County...It's not a case of being out bid. Hibs Think he'll do a job as a fringe player so they offer him money reflecting that of a fringe player. Ross Co might think he's a first team starter so offer money to reflect that.

Hibs show slight interest but not going to break the bank for a player that might not get a start.

archiebald
19-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Paul Quinn signs for Ross county (sorry if mentioned before)

McIntosh
19-10-2014, 07:33 PM

No loss there

The Green Goblin
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Was he the Medicine Woman?

Jonnyboy
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Some said the same of Toshney who 'starred' in Ross County's 5-0 drubbing by Celtic

CRAZYHIBBY
19-10-2014, 07:35 PM
**** him...total non entity during the celtic game and destined for the championship next season

snooky
19-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Was he the Medicine Woman?

Nudge, nudge, Sey no Mour :wink:

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 08:07 PM

We weren't out bid.

silverhibee
19-10-2014, 08:08 PM

We never offered more money.

Stuarty27
19-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I overheard a few guys at the game yesterday that they heard we offered him £200 a week basic with additional £600 apperance bonus....

No idea if true or not...

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Not fussed in the slightest. Would rather keep our money to assess what's needed in January instead of wasting it on a defender who would be a squad player.

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I overheard a few guys at the game yesterday that they heard we offered him £200 a week basic with additional £600 apperance bonus....

As much as 200 a week,the hibs board are getting soft in their old age

Mr Grieves
19-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Not fussed in the slightest. Would rather keep our money to assess what's needed in January instead of wasting it on a defender who would be a squad player.

We could definitely do with another defender, just look at yesterdays squad.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2014, 09:13 PM
We could definitely do with another defender, just look at yesterdays squad.

True but money is extremely tight and I would rather the wage was used elsewhere. Drawing 0-0 with the likes of Dumbarton has been our downfall so far this season

green day
19-10-2014, 10:04 PM

Yep, I imagine that is 100% true and they were not making things up at all...........so why not post it on Hibs Net to make the club look bad?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Boca aberta (Portugues for open mouths).

In other words perhaps engage brain before speaking/posting I mean seriously??????!!!!!!

Btw do you want to by a Gucci watch ? Yours for £50...

erin go bragh
20-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Admins feel free to close this thread . Dont see the point of keeping it open .

Ggtth